Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will soldiers be getting their much needed luv patch before the booster?

Originally posted by Intrepid

First comment, Your whining to a engie about you sucking in PvP?? I don't think anything needs to be said about that.

Secondly, the next patch will help soldier out no longer with everyone have 72% reflect in PvP. soldiers still will have their TMS. Your alphas should be ALOT larger now. roughly twice as large.

and finally the stats don't support your comment that the soldier sucks ass in PvP. Actually according to the most wanted lists soliders are the BEST PvP class.

These stats are from the 10 most wanted lists on rk1 and rk1 for clan and omnis by prof with most on there first number is total of top 40 second is the % of the top 40

solders (13) 32.5%
    fixer (6) 15%
    trader (5) 12.5%
    agent (4) 10%
    doctor (4) 10%
    NT (3) 7.5%
    MA (2) 5%
    enforcer (2) 5%
    crat (1) 2.5%
    MP (0) 0%
    Engineers (0) 0%
    adventurers (0) 0%

Sorry but the stats don't lie and they certainly don't support your opinion that soldiers suck in PvP. Only 13 of the top 40 PvP people are soldiers eh?
    1. Top 10 Don't mean ****. Many of those players (like me) rarely even PvP anymore.
    2. Titles don't measure "level of effectiveness" in PvP. Some dueled for their titles, some ganked for them, and some group PvPed for them. (Some even farmed points but *shrug* big deal.)

If you want me to farm up a few Master Soldiers and then level them up to 75 for ya, give me a yell in game and I’ll be sure they are clan when I’m done. Might help your uberness argument.

If you are not a solider then please don't tell me and other soldiers that we rock at PvP when I can clearly inform you that we can't "duel" for crap and that TMS hurts us more then it helps. Why? Because after 80 seconds we have been reduced to bracer reflects only while our opponents still have 30-72% running. So why should we use TMS in a duel? TMS = lose to a rooting class, Init debuff = lose to Doc. Everyone else is wise to just run off while we have TMS running then kick the crap out of use 80 seconds later. Tough strategies to beat such an uber class if you ask me. *roll eyes*

However, thanks for supporting the "Soldiers/NT/Engineers" need a buff before next year thread

** Jitta - RK2

Go look at the rosters...

I don't think they are outdated at all. Because last time someone did this about 2 weeks ago only 25% of the top 40 was soldiers. So it has been updated in the last little while. And i play rk2 and am in org with a few of those clanners on that list(5 of them) and yep those are their titles. I would wager it is updated every night just like the org rosters.

So what now you want soldiers not only to totally own PvP on a mass scale but also in 1 on 1 battles. What your telling me is that the top 40 PvP should ALL be soldiers.

....and tell me how many got their titles before 12.5, or before crit nerf.....

and then tell me how many of them play today, and of those, how many pvp actively still?

I doubt you will find many except Garv....
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Yeah, I hate my customers, too

I have got 43 days playing time in on my level 164 Soldier. All there is to do besides go xp-milking in the same missions over and over again is PvP.

And guess what?

My char is awful at it!!!

If you are NOT going to give soldiers an upgrade or at least furnish those of us that play them dilligently with any hope for the future, could you PLEASE add a disclaimer to the Soldier description. Something like:

"Warning: Although you think a SOLDIER might have some degree of proficiency at fighting other people, nothing could be further from the truth on Rubi-Ka. Merchants, Nurses, and Repairmen will own you constantly, no matter what combination of weapons and tactics you try. Please do not select this as your main character if you have any plans of enjoying this game later on."

This is the situation I am in right now. I put a lot of time and effort into developing this character, and it is just appalling that I am not getting equal value from the game for the same amount of time and money as people that chose other professions. I feel that, so far, FC's stance on this issue is completely negligent to it's customers, and just overall rude and abusive to the people that play the Soldier profession. We have been asking about this for quite a while now, and not one person has come back with any kind of cogent response indicating any course of action.

I just can't imagine why you would choose to devalue a large segment of your customer base with the kind of responses we have been getting. I get a lot of pleasure out of this game, and have met many fine people playing it, but still can't help but feel betrayed when my time and money are not respected by the makers of the game, and they show no active interest in creating any remedy whatsoever, even after being directly informed of the problem on numerous occasions.

The basic point of my message here is that I want to try and communicate how your actions, or lack thereof, are being viewed by your paying customers, especially this paying customer. All I am looking for is one response, one way or the other, so I know whether devoting any more of my time or money to character is completely useless or not.

Over and out.

you want soldiers opinions post em in the soldiers forums. you post in this area you are asking everyones opinions.
    No, we want FCs attention.. That is why we are posting on this forum.

Start your own thread, and get out of ours.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

well make up your mind do you want the attention or not?? Oh i get it you only want to have it so only people who agree with you post. yeah okay.....

Oh and i am not a engie anymore he has been officially retired til we are ungimped. Now you may address me as a trader.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Ours? You have to be kidding me. Let me slip this novel idea past you. This is a PUBLIC forum. What Srendi posted is called a PUBLIC thread.

These posts don't BELONG to anybody, and therefor anybody can post and respond to them.

Novel idea huh?

Don't bother arguing , there's always some person who's convinced that since their proffession is gimped no others can be as well. Thankfully not all engineers are this self-centered and can see a soldiers point of view as well as their own.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Don't waste your breath on people who can't fight for the greater cause and band together. I've found that 99% of soldiers, engineers, and NTs, all agree that each other need help and try and push for all 3 to get help.

Now that that is said. I generally ... well not laugh, but think it's silly when people post they are quitting, or that they are cancelling. I must say this is the first time I've actually thought about quitting BECAUSE of comments or a patch. I have quit before, for 10 months even, and I haven't played in about a week. I was kind of hoping for the outdoor stuff, then for some soldier stuff. I was really anxious that we, soldiers, might be getting some stuff like multi ranged buffs, and more weapon buffs, some self weapon buffs + damage buffs, etc. Nothing to special, just some stuff to help ourselves, and others. Honestly the thing that most excited me was the hope for a Heavy Weapon buff, and multi ranged buff (multi to help friends out struggling to multi wield with crazy reqs). I came back and thought things were looking up and mostly good stuff had happened the 10 months I was away. The fixer patch really made me hopeful, because their patch totally transformed their class. I quit for so long I don't know if all the new hackable stuff, and special fixer only items, implants, etc, were in before or not, but it's all great stuff they added to fixers. So I figured, "wow, I can't wait until soldiers get that kind of attention."

I think we all know that most things, sadly, said by devs can generally be taken to mean a bit worse than what they actually say. This is not a flame, it's just kind of human nature to downplay negative things. So to me I take this as, "don't expect much of anything for these classes, we don't really see any real problems or need for working on these classes"

I think I'll keep my account going until 14.5, to see how the outdoor hunting is, then I'll probably be out. Not for anything else, just out.

Dissapointed for soldiers, NTs, and especially engis, they definitely need the most in my opinion.
    Borxet

These stats are from the 10 most wanted lists on rk1 and rk1 for clan and omnis by prof with most on there first number is total of top 40 second is the % of the top 40

Sorry but the stats don't lie and they certainly don't support your opinion that soldiers suck in PvP. Only 13 of the top 40 PvP people are soldiers eh?
    Are you HONESTY this much of a flaming moron?

Do you think your "analysis" *COUGH* of a whole 40 people is indicative of the situation for TENS OF THOUSANDS of players?

Give me a break dude. That is totally idiotic.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Well looking at the database for 14.5 (nothing is certain till in the game) there seem to be a few soldier only weapons in there, and they look pretty sweet from the stats.

You really can't tell till you've tried them out, so I hope some soldiers on test will have some feedback soon.

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...asp?Show=44147

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...asp?Show=44125

edit:
    Forgot the armour

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...asp?Show=44127

Re: Right now...

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

I doubt we will dedicate many patches at all to a single profession in the future. Profession changes and additions will come, but probably not in an exclusive patch.
    You forgot to add "despite promises made to NT's to the contrary"

Remember in the NT forum you said (recently) that NT's would be patched before anyone else? How is it possible to do that if you plan on doing multiple professions at the same time?

That being said, i want my fixes. If soldiers get fixes when i do so much the better. (Engineers too from what i hear)
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

how dare u talk about the AO gods that way!!! jk U know whats even worse is out of all the MA's me and my wife have teamed with we really dont like hardly any of them except a few literealy a few! Most times if a MA joins a team I leave. There R some exceptions though BUT............

bump
    bla

Haven't done the math yet, but the Master of Combustion is just pure junk...Look at the Full Auto requirements as well as AR (buhbye weapon switching) - oh, and don't even think about equipping it unless your Clan - or we've gotten our phat Full Auto buffs (will happen in 2004)

The Plasmathingie looks good...can finally get a better alternative to the flow...

The chest armour is....well why not stick with the MK II and grab the last 8 NCU's off that one? Dunno about the heavy weapons, but the 10 RE adds like 3 to your attack rating (weee...that'll make a difference...NOT).

The most wanted lists doesn't account for how the classes PvP - I can kill a lvl 200 enf wielding the EoT in a selfbuffed duel (no, haven't tried Athx lately, but I'd loose), but think I'd get my rear handed to me by him in say MMD where he can just run away from my MK shield.

I've been whooped by an engie in PvP - he killed me through my MK shield (or what was left of it and my 31% deflect from bracers) with his debuff, so don't come here and tell me that Engies are bad at PvP - its a matter of how well you play your class also - That being said, there are some classes wich still suck.

I don't hope for anything from the dev team at all - I just don't wanna see it in a booster pack I gotta pay for (I've paid my cash like every other class in the game - would like to see some love like they've gotten theirs...)

Only thing I'm wondering about now is....What would happen if ALL soldiers (NT's and Engies for that matter also) quit AO at the same time?

-----------------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    Level 238746 Soldier
    RK2

Wow, the more I look at that soldier stuff the more I am annoyed. I think all the weapons are interesting. If a full auto buff never happens, or doesn't happen soon, they may as well toss clan only on that one.

First off, the stats are different on every piece of this armor.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search...atch=1450&t=ag

They all add to different stuff. What that means is nothing raises any skill a decent amount. They are tiny raises, for armor that you have to be level 180 to wear. No doubt this will just look like Kevlar armor. So if I don't want to LOSE AC at level 133, I am supposed to wait 47 levels so as to not lose AC, for a few stat raises, to look like a level 1 character? I am not normally one to be negative, but come on. One of two things needs to happen, I'd honestly prefer the latter of what I am about to devise. First, you could get rid of the level reqs, that or make the 200 reqs something like 140 at the highest. I have had all QL 200 elite and 200 albrecht on since 127 or something. It's insane to have those reqs. What I would rather see is that they make the level reqs stay the same, and make the armor start at QL 150, and make it look different. Also, they need to seriously raise the stats. Each one should add to health, and the rest should add to useful stuff. This should be the armor you lust for for 100+ levels. They should add to FA, AR, RE, HW, life off the top of my head.

This game totally lacks stuff to look forward to for almost every class. Try and make a change for the better here and now.
    Borxet

weeee

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&d...id=168672&t=ag

I find it terribly amusing this MP chest piece destroys any other piece of armor for any class.
    Borxet

You know what the biggest complaint from soldiers about their weaponry is? That we always end up with lower attack ratings because our weapons are 66/33 attack rating split weapons. And yet here I see all the new weapons (some of which are nice yes) are still 66/33 weapons.

Eh, so we still get to have lower attack ratings then the fixers, enforcers, advents, agents, ma's, and traders. Heck, a high level engineer with slayer transferance will have a higher attack rating then a soldier wielding an assault rifle .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Hey, don't bring Enforcers into this...
    There are still a moderate number of 1he Enforcers using Byom+Rider or Dual Rider, and both Rider and Byom requires 1he AND Heavy Weapon.
    Get your fact straight first.

well make up your mind do you want the attention or not?? Oh i get it you only want to have it so only people who agree with you post. yeah okay.....

Oh and i am not a engie anymore he has been officially retired til we are ungimped. Now you may address me as a trader.
    Take your business elsewhere..

these are not the droids you are looking for..

Originally posted by Phione
    Hey, don't bring Enforcers into this...
    There are still a moderate number of 1he Enforcers using Byom+Rider or Dual Rider, and both Rider and Byom requires 1he AND Heavy Weapon.
    Get your fact straight first.
    Well.. since 3/4 of all enforcers are atrox beam users, with 1/4 1hb users and then a smattering of 1he users I figure what I said was still valid. But really, are you saying that having a 66/33 weapon doesn't suck? I would have thought that being a gimped 1he user like yourself with your gimped 66/33 weapons you'd understand why the soldiers don't like em.

But you know... I really do wish soldiers had a valid choice about 66/33 or 100% weapons like the enforcers do. Betcha wouldn't see a single soldier wielding a 66/33 weapon with a comparable 100% weapon available.

by HH Munro

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast