Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will soldiers be getting their much needed luv patch before the booster?

Angry .....

Issues with the game as it stands are far more important to players than 'boosters' & 'expansions' that are extra cost you should get a good core game then develop it and tweak it. Do not develop new stuff and exclude problems in game now.

Funcom is up against the clock with SWG just around the corner, if the game is even close to AO people will go and play it because its 'Star Wars'.

As it stands I wont be buying either booster or expansion pack, ill play AO as it is and some WC3 and then probably move to a new game.
    /Voorg

Re: Re: Re: Right now...

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Speaking as someone who's had to run both of the two fixer-quests... how would you feel if you had to run quests, both of which can be griefed or simply messed up by random people, both of which carry a high time investment, just to get something that *should* have been basic to your profession?

I didn't mind running them, personally, felt kinda like a neat way to get my nanos, but don't complain that we get profession-specific quests.

That said, BUMP for soldier love, I don't wanna see Sredni disappear on me....
    I've helped 3-4 fixers completing the second part of the fixer quest. And I watched my GF completing the first part. (which was the easy part). So I know about the flaws with the fixer quest.

The fixer grid isn't supposed to be basic to fixers (well was, now you can say that it is, in a way). The grid is, and you have plenty of nano to get there. However the hacked grid is a supplement grid that fixers have gotten since traders + docs got the normal grid.

And don't get me wrong I wasn't complaining about profession specific quests. However I think it is unfair from FC to boost most professions in their own love patch, then they decide not to do it anymore. However I just hope that they are able to boost and add content in their next patches.

I like static quests, however after doing alvin quest part 1, 2 and 3 3-4 times (not only for myself, helping others out too) it starts to get boring... So yes I am envious that 1 profession got their own quest (prolly why I have helped 3-4 fixers), but I don't want your quest removed.

edit: fixed some unfinished sentences
    Last edited by Sjoko; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 15:17:01.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Total

complete

utter

butt****

You win, I'm out

Angry Engi engi engi....

Originally posted by Intrepid
    soldiers don't ****ing need love they WANT love there is a difference let those profs which need love (engies for one) get their love before that profs that WANt it.
    I do not for a second doubt that engis (and pet users) NEED a patch, but dont say that soldiers dont need love.

If that is your contention then you havent got a clue.....
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: .....

Originally posted by Voorg
    Issues with the game as it stands are far more important to players than 'boosters' & 'expansions' that are extra cost you should get a good core game then develop it and tweak it. Do not develop new stuff and exclude problems in game now.

Funcom is up against the clock with SWG just around the corner, if the game is even close to AO people will go and play it because its 'Star Wars'.

As it stands I wont be buying either booster or expansion pack, ill play AO as it is and some WC3 and then probably move to a new game.
    Its really a no-win situation for FC. They need to develop new stuff they can get money for, but they also need to fix stuff which takes money for no immediate gain (though the consequence of not doing might be immediate loss - which could be construed as immediate gain if you avoid it...)

As for SWG... your right to a point, but there are plenty more people who *won't* play it for exactly the same reason (and for others such as being run by Sony/Verant and controlled by lucas).

At the end of the day, you'll do what you want to, and no one will hold that against you.

THe bottom line is, we are 14 months in production with AO, I exepected the launch problems, BUT did not expect to see this game in this poor state a year later, with the main combat classes having a kamikazi role!

Btw, SWG even if its the most talked about, is not the only upcomming game.

You got AC2, Everquest and especially Horizon! Granted this is walking away from sci-fi to a fantasy role, but some of these games also have amazing things working for em!

And I must agree with Voorg:
    I am doing some AC2 beta in the mean time
    Last edited by andertec; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 16:32:25.

Re: Re: .....

Originally posted by Darkbane

Its really a no-win situation for FC. They need to develop new stuff they can get money for, but they also need to fix stuff which takes money for no immediate gain (though the consequence of not doing might be immediate loss - which could be construed as immediate gain if you avoid it...)

I don't know. I'm in the, "I pay $13 a month for content as well as server maintenance" crowd. I would suspect that $13 US has more buying power in Europe to boot? If they want to rewrite their customer's expectations, there are better ways.

Just my 2 credits.

wow this sounds really great. now i MIGHT have the joy in getting a full auto buff in a few months and perhaps if lucky a smg one sometime later. im really looking forward in getting fixed or enhanced in 4 years when the storyline ends... .

0_o this is too bad, soldiers need some enhancements please implement em incely!

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: Right now...

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

I doubt we will dedicate many patches at all to a single profession in the future. Profession changes and additions will come, but probably not in an exclusive patch.
    Why? I can read this response a number of ways. A more explainatory response is not only appropriate, but would also go a long way towards bolstering the hopes and quelling the fear and anger of the soldier community (as well as, the engi and nt communities). I realize the first words are "... we don't know" but cann't anymore guidance be given? If you don't know, are we to presume the parameters of future profession changes and additions are under dicussion because prior changes resulted in unintended imbalances? Or are we to presume that profession specific patches will not be forthcoming because Funcom views the current state of the game to be fairly balanced with, at the most, some minor changes needed.

I, and probably numerous others, would like further explanation and would appreciate it if you could take the time to provide one.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Angry

Bump.

Funcom, that's utter BS. You gave every other profession a much needed patch, that was basically focused around that profession... god knows MPs shouldn't get any more love...

Then, you populate the game with goofy, useless hybrid weapons that fill a niche market. I've seen around three PURE Assault Rifle weapons.

Then, to top it all off, soldiers still don't have a FREAKING RELOAD BUTTON. I'm not a programmer, but HOW LONG CAN THAT TAKE!?
    Aubrey "Biranccu" McChristion - Clan Martial Artist.

Precedent

FC sets a precedent by devoting specific patches in the past to enhance/modify classes. So the classes that have yet to see thier respective enhancements assume from the precedent that FC set that thier respective class will get modified in the same method. None of the previous class fix patches were called "advent patch", "Fixxer patch", etc by FC but they were called such by the playing community simply because that specific patch dealt with fixes/enhancements to "balance" that class. Those patches didnt just add a simple nano or a single weapon they added major changes to those classes which drastically changed that class in one day.

The three remaining classes (NT's, soldiers, and Engineers) are now told that precedent doesnt exist for them and will be modified over time instead of using the method we used to modify the other classes. All of these classes have been waiting thier turn and now are told thier turn will be spread out over patches. I see this as simply stating that balancing the remaining 3 classes is no longer a priority as adding a nano or a weapon in a patch, which is what i assume is meant by over time, isnt going to have the same effect as the other classes got by a single patch that dramitcially affected thier class. If FC thinks the remaining 3 classes are balanced and doing just fine, then simply state that and we can all stop posting and decide what we want to do from there. If we in fact do need changes to be better balanced we would like them in the same fashion the others received. We are not asking for more or something that has never been done. We are asking for the same.

I do not wish to and will not wait for another year or 2 years to get the changes needed to make the solider class better and i would be willing to bet neither does anyone from the NT or Engineer profession. Without a timeline associated with "changes over time" there is no way to tell when or if it will ever happen.

Re: Right now...

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

I doubt we will dedicate many patches at all to a single profession in the future. Profession changes and additions will come, but probably not in an exclusive patch.
    Err i dont know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind sharing my love patch with Nt's and Engies...

Even if it takes multiple multi-prof luv patches b4 sol's are ungimped, just as long as sols/nt's/engies get fixed
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Originally posted by Sredni
    I truly have no intention of buying a booster which is in effect a pvp patch, when my proffession cannot pvp.
    First comment, Your whining to a engie about you sucking in PvP?? I don't think anything needs to be said about that.

Secondly, the next patch will help soldier out no longer with everyone have 72% reflect in PvP. soldiers still will have their TMS. Your alphas should be ALOT larger now. roughly twice as large.

and finally the stats don't support your comment that the soldier sucks ass in PvP. Actually according to the most wanted lists soliders are the BEST PvP class.

These stats are from the 10 most wanted lists on rk1 and rk1 for clan and omnis by prof with most on there first number is total of top 40 second is the % of the top 40

solders (13) 32.5%
    fixer (6) 15%
    trader (5) 12.5%
    agent (4) 10%
    doctor (4) 10%
    NT (3) 7.5%
    MA (2) 5%
    enforcer (2) 5%
    crat (1) 2.5%
    MP (0) 0%
    Engineers (0) 0%
    adventurers (0) 0%

Sorry but the stats don't lie and they certainly don't support your opinion that soldiers suck in PvP. Only 13 of the top 40 PvP people are soldiers eh?
    Last edited by Intrepid; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 22:09:37.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Interpid most wanted list is outdated, Soldiers are decent in big scale wars (thats how they get their titles) but 1v1 they dont stand a chance aginst any proffesion (except for engineers) soldiers did poor dmg and with bracer nerf will still do poor dmg, soldiers whined becouse our unique ability wasnt our own anymore, anyone in game could have a mk shield for alot longer and without the nano shutdown.

Oh and everyone having 7k+ HP when PvP i dont think it makes much difference if i fa for 400 or 800 it can be healed in what... 3 seconds? thats how long it takes a soldier to switch to another gun if hes lucky

I don't think they are outdated at all. Because last time someone did this about 2 weeks ago only 25% of the top 40 was soldiers. So it has been updated in the last little while. And i play rk2 and am in org with a few of those clanners on that list(5 of them) and yep those are their titles. I would wager it is updated every night just like the org rosters.

So what now you want soldiers not only to totally own PvP on a mass scale but also in 1 on 1 battles. What your telling me is that the top 40 PvP should ALL be soldiers.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I think FC better start begging the remaining few soldiers in the game for Riot Control buffs, because this is gonna turn into a riot.

As for Intrepid, and any other representative of any non soldier class that he feels is insanely gimped: Start your own bloody thread! I don't give a flying asdf if or when your class gets fixed, as long as my class gets fixed. We don't actively go in your way, please repay the favour and stay the hell out of our threads.

you want soldiers opinions post em in the soldiers forums. you post in this area you are asking everyones opinions.

Bump for engie fix

your uninformed opinion makes baby jesus cry

you should be ashamed
    Last edited by Kaltark; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 22:56:09.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast