Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Connect on Second Computer with Win XP ICS?

you don't really need to phone anyone.

On the gateway machine (the one that's directly connected to the internet) open up Command Prompt, and type

ipconfig /all

This will tell you how things are setup on that box. You'll see something like:

Etherned adapter Local Are Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
    Description: 3Com..
    Physical Address: 00-01-02-03-04-05
    IP Address: 192.168.0.1
    From this section note down IP Address (1). There will be another lot of similar information, this time with DNS Servers and Default Gateway. Note down DNS servers (2).

On the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... computer, right click on 'My Network Places', choose 'Properties'. Rightclick on 'Local Area Connection' choose 'Properties'. Find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in list of items that this connection uses, click on it, then click on 'Properties' button.

Tlick 'Use the following IP address'. IP Address, put the same as your gateway; but add one to the last number. (in my example this would make it 192.168.0.2). under Default Gateway, put IP Address of the first computer (ie 192.168.0.1).

Then tick 'Use the following DNS server addresses' and put in DNS servers you noted down in (2).

Click ok on all dialog boxes, reboot the 2nd computer. Move onto 3rd, and repeat the process (add two to the last number of gateway IP number -- each IP number must be unique).

Away you go.

Without this, some misty WinXP bugs cause Anarchy Launcher to time out / cant find dimension on 2nd, 3rd... etc computer, if gateway computer logs in first. However, problem doesn't exist if those 'other' computers login first.

G'luck,
    Wrigz

192.168.x.x is a generic non-Internet IP address range that is usually used for internal networks. 192.168.x.x is like 10.x.x.x, where they are not ever usable on the Internet. You need a NAT or Proxy to be able to communicate from your network out onto the Internet.

On your main machine that can connect to AO, you need to run a command prompt (in XP do a RUN... cmd <return>) then type ipconfig /all.
    Code:
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.3
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
    The above is part of what shows on my machine. Your DNS server(s) should be different. Mine is going through a router so its 10.0.0.1, the IP address of the router.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Logging into second account on the same computer?

Hiya

I have a problem that is a bit of the same and dont know what to do about it, hopefully there is someone out there that can shed some light on this too.

I have 2 accounts on the same computer and used to be able to log onto second account with no problems. Now I cant unless I zone with the toon on the account that is logged in. Just to clarify this is how it goes.
    1. First toon logged in.
    2. Want to log into second account while first account is active.
    3. When I try to do that normally I time out ever time on second account.
    4. Then I proceed to zone with the toon on first account and after 1-3 zones I can log onto second account.

Now there are instances in the game when you just cant zone if you want to log into second account and then I'm stuck.....

So... if there is anyone out there that has any ideas what to do about this it would be greatly appreciated.

My system:WinXP pro, P4 2.4GHz, Geforce4 Ti4200 128Mb, 512 Ram, SoundblasterLive 5.1, Detonator 44.03

Crossing fingers, hoping someone can help me out

Qhite, I get this on my 2nd PC too. Its a known issue. Basically the 2nd account times out and will not log in. Changing the status of the toon in the first account helps, ie zoneing, as you said, or logging off then relogging both in sync. There appears to be some latency involved in the handshake with the authentication server. Either that or the auth server doesn't take too kindly to NAT addresses.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Easiest way is to use an external application, e.g. Winroute (www.kerio.com) works great for me, has DHCP/DNS/NAT and
    much more. It´s easy to install and clients don´t need any
    software installed you only have to set IP for DHCP
    (default gateway depending on your OS must be set too).
    Cu
    Traxxx

Traxxx lvl 200 MP Nanomage DNW
    Realgimp First lvl 220 MP Trox DNW,
    Pimglaer MP Trox DNW,
    And a lot other MPs spreaded over
    RK1/2/DNW and test ^^

current equip of Realgimp
    working towards this equip

Unhappy Tried them all... still nothing.

I am having difficulties connecting to AO on my client computer. The host connects without a problem, no lag, errors, etc. The other has complete internet connectivity, but still fails to connect. After logging in, it takes approx 2-3 minutes before I am dropped back out to the login screen.

I have tried all the fixes described in this post. I can play other MMORPGs (on both computers, separate accounts, at the same time) without problems. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Some details:
    The host is using a cable connection. We are sharing it through Windows XP's ICS (router). We are both running firewall programs (not those on the adapters themselves), and have made sure that the security settings are ok.

Help? Please? :-)

similar Problem

Well I think my problem is a lil diff, but maybe you can help. I automatically connect to test server, I did what it said on FAQ's and it did not work, can you help me?

Ok i have the same problem but a diffrent setup.

Since i use AOL dialup as my isp (i know i know aol is baaddd blah blah blah)
    i cant use Winxp ICS, so i combat this by useing a freeware proxyserver called AnalogX on my server machine (the one connected to the net) and run the client machines of the proxy server with 192.168.x.x IP settings.

what i belive the problem to be is that the proxy software i use only accepts certain ports, these include 6588 for HHTP and SSL connections 1080 for socks and the standard setup for pop/smtp/ftp/nntp.

AO was not able to check the server status when trying to log in and i belive its because the port ao uses to check the servers (7500 i belive) isnt catered for by the proxy.

i have tried to remedy this useing Sockscap but since i'm not familiur with the prog i'm not sure how to set it up, so far i have assigned the IP of the socks server (my PC connected to the net) set it up to use socks5, set the port 7500 and port 80 to socks5 UDP and setup the application path and EXE name (anarchy.exe and clientr.exe) but when i attempt to run it socksified i get no joy. can anyone suggest anything please? i think i might need to try a diffrent proxy server (though nothing thats so complicated it needs me to write an entire cfg file from scratch please.. those scare me) any assistance would be really appreciated!!!
    Faizan 216/13 Sol - Omni - Inner circle
    ¤=)===> - <===(=¤
    My type is: SKA
    Socializer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Explorer 20%

Current Equip - Still To Get!

¤=)===> - <===(=¤

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12