Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chacapo's Trader Breed Guide!

I think you have a misconception about NM's low health pool. Currently my levelling trader is 218. In a full on DD setup, with no regards to hp at all. She's solitus. She has 14.5k hp. Had she been NM with the same gear, it would only be about 1k lower, and she's have access to NM cocoon (which is my opinion is worth more than 1k hp) At endgame, most hp and nano come from gear, the subtle differences in the breeds isn't that much. And especially NM get tools to overcome this with their cocoon and reflect perk. Also NM get better usage of some nanos (NBD).
    With regards to healing, get 2 fast weapons and dualwield, and with maxed Accumulator you won't even need to heal. If I were to reroll, I'd choose NM any day.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    I think you have a misconception about NM's low health pool. Currently my levelling trader is 218. In a full on DD setup, with no regards to hp at all. She's solitus. She has 14.5k hp. Had she been NM with the same gear, it would only be about 1k lower, and she's have access to NM cocoon (which is my opinion is worth more than 1k hp) At endgame, most hp and nano come from gear, the subtle differences in the breeds isn't that much. And especially NM get tools to overcome this with their cocoon and reflect perk. Also NM get better usage of some nanos (NBD).
    With regards to healing, get 2 fast weapons and dualwield, and with maxed Accumulator you won't even need to heal. If I were to reroll, I'd choose NM any day.

Well, my NM doc had only 6400 health at level 203 for many years, in fact since it dinged in 2003 until I came back now recently. I then got into som Alien stuff, AI 3 perk etc and suddenly my Doc had 11400 in health. Which was a massive difference especially when it came to the effectiveness to use my CH.

Maybe I just still "scared" of the NM race since all I resemble it with is bein a fragile gimp. I also have no idea "when" the breaking point is for the NM race when I would start having "comfortable" health. I have hovewer, no poblems understanding being NM at later levels/end levels as of a problem, but when I am as low as 110 (my Atrox trader is so old I have NO alien xp lol) I find the NM race' HP a little bit intimidating for my Trader. I have also forgotten everything about the game, and definately need some help/advice how to up the HP on a NM.

Question

Another question (I might have overlooked this someplace here, but I cannot find it out):

One of the ransack lines has 190% nano res check, the other has 100% nano res check. Which one is easiest to land, thus the one I should start casting on mobs? The Divest line first with 100% NR chekc or the Plunder line with 190% NR check?

The higher the check the harder to land.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Start with Divest which will land a lot easier, and then Plunder.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks to both of you 2 above here

I will like to add something to what I think about the races;

When you level as I do; Trader on the tail of a higher level toon (dual playing), the HP is by far the most important factor of them all for the Trader.

Now that I look back on the Alien Missions I did with my 111 Atrox Trader + 149 Nanomage MP, I would NEVER have been able to done these as "gimped" Nanomage Trader. With the massive Health on my Atrox Trader, I was able to escape downstairs when things got really steamy inside the missions. If I were a NM I would be dead, and very frustrated. So for now, since I havent met the racial abilities cap, I will stay Atrox.

The day symbiants is starting to become a problem (if they ever will) for my PvE & leveling situation, I will consider a racial change. As for now; I hope I can stay Atrox until end level as I just love the HP. I think this situation will be further enhanced when I start dual playing it with my Doc instead of the MP, cause I will get more "on the fly" tool with instant heals; and the more HP my Trader has the less hectic the situation is or will be.

If your solo purpose for your Trader does not include PvP then you can get by with an Atrox all the way to 220. It is possible to equip a full set of Beta Symb as an Atrox without needing to use tower contracts. It is even possible to equip a few Alpha Symbs you just won't be able to equip all of them. Additionally if you aren't planning to mess with trade skills there are a few spots where you can equip a Support instead of Control, eye slot is one of those places if I am remembering correctly.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    If your solo purpose for your Trader does not include PvP then you can get by with an Atrox all the way to 220. It is possible to equip a full set of Beta Symb as an Atrox without needing to use tower contracts. It is even possible to equip a few Alpha Symbs you just won't be able to equip all of them. Additionally if you aren't planning to mess with trade skills there are a few spots where you can equip a Support instead of Control, eye slot is one of those places if I am remembering correctly.
    Thanks! Encouraging reading.
    I will for now, let my Trader stay Atrox; since I don't have any problems with it and will in most situations dual play it with either a Doc or a Keeper which I am leveling now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345