Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Is it hard to put link from "Pattern matcher" to AO Pocket site in browser with info about PB?
    _http://aopocket.tngk.com/index.php?PatternSelected=true&select=NameOfPB

Something like this:
    Gunk

I love this program. I have a few suggestions.

I'd like to see a more general "pattern" matching.

Where I could define a set of items, say the items needed to tradeskill a complete albtraum masterpiece bracer and just like it does now with pb patters it looks for all the items and shows the availability of that item set.

Also, the search bar could be more intelligent. I'd like it to ignore the order of the words. Have "nano program" and "program nano" get the same results. It would be nice too if I could search with regular expresions. Or search for several items at a time, like all the marriage ring, gold nuggets, etc.

Great program =) Thank you and keep up the good work
    220 MP - Mindprobe / 220 Trader - Ignatus / 216 Doc - Mindoctor / 211 MA - Soultaken / 197 Enf - Unholyripper/
    197 Agent - Ignis / 170 Sold - Plaguefiend / 161 NT - Souljugde / 150 Enf - Agonizing / 126 Fixer - Unholyreaper / 126 - Adv Mindquake / 126 NT - Mindtremors / 90 Sol - Souldrinker

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I can hardly take all the credit any more as it has evolved into a project too big for my spare time alone
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

I know I can export single items (and multiple by selecting many), but how about being able to export all items on a toons easily? Or all toons for that matter...
    Nanolisting by skill - See what nanos you can use with your current nanoskills
    RK1 Tradeskill Services

I love the improvements in this tool since the last time I used it (2008)! The shop agent works flawlessely, I got a pop-up message as I write this, showing who bought what from my shop. The installation was the easiest ever and I would not hesitate recommending this excellent program to other players.

You guy(s) have done a marvellous job with this tool, and we really do appreciate the effort that must have gone into it. Thank you very much for taking time to develop it further at no cost for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbiter View Post
    I know I can export single items (and multiple by selecting many), but how about being able to export all items on a toons easily? Or all toons for that matter...
    bump for this in next release!
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Is it hard to implement ability to choose more than 1 char for items search? Right now it's either one or all..

When searching, can we get the list with toons sorted? Now it's just one big mess, and it actually took me a minute to find the toon I wanted to search on.
    Last edited by Wolfbiter; Apr 13th, 2009 at 23:57:06. Reason: typos...
    RK1 Tradeskill Services

Sorry if I misunderstood you but but can't you do that by sorting the list by character (click the "character" tab text)
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    Sorry if I misunderstood you but but can't you do that by sorting the list by character (click the "character" tab text)
    The dropdown list where you select which char to search on isn't sorted.
    RK1 Tradeskill Services

Ah right. I knew I didn't get your question right the first time
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

I'll give my testimony on this program: I've used it since it came out ... I've never been hacked. And I know a number of high-profile players with plenty of hack-attraction who also use it and have never been touched.

If some people don't want to use it for their account's safety, that is perfectly understandable. And tomorrow someone could hack SF.net and stick a malicious version up, who knows? Crap happens.

But I also know that ... given the huge number of banked items I have (1 fr00b account of nearly full bank toons, 1 fr00b account of 1/2 full bank toons, and nearly full banks on my main toons) that without something like this I would go plain jane insane.

Everyone takes a risk when using 3rd party programs. The responsibility is on the player to practice safe computing. Clicksaver -has- been compromised in the past by malicious versions as have CS variants and yet tons of people use CS every day. Yet CS is overall a safe program and people continue to grab the known-safe versions. This program hasn't been compromised and yet people decry it as a possible trojan without any good reason for it other than possibilities.

Long live Item Assistant!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    I'll give my testimony on this program: I've used it since it came out ... I've never been hacked. And I know a number of high-profile players with plenty of hack-attraction who also use it and have never been touched.

If some people don't want to use it for their account's safety, that is perfectly understandable. And tomorrow someone could hack SF.net and stick a malicious version up, who knows? Crap happens.

But I also know that ... given the huge number of banked items I have (1 fr00b account of nearly full bank toons, 1 fr00b account of 1/2 full bank toons, and nearly full banks on my main toons) that without something like this I would go plain jane insane.

Everyone takes a risk when using 3rd party programs. The responsibility is on the player to practice safe computing. Clicksaver -has- been compromised in the past by malicious versions as have CS variants and yet tons of people use CS every day. Yet CS is overall a safe program and people continue to grab the known-safe versions. This program hasn't been compromised and yet people decry it as a possible trojan without any good reason for it other than possibilities.

Long live Item Assistant!
    Ditto.

Damned good tool, but so annoying...I have to name all my backpacks now to find things lol.

Only one thing niggles me, whilst you can remove toons from the database, it would be nice to remove items.

Why? well, I moved some items around when the tool wasnt running but they still show up as being on the toon in question.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Why? well, I moved some items around when the tool wasnt running but they still show up as being on the toon in question.
    I think you can just open those backpacks again and/or zone with them on you and they will get reset...

Not 100% sure, but...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I play AO on two different computers (laptop/desktop), so I'm constantly re-scanning the characters that I've been playing lately.
    No worries on that. This tool is priceless.

Question...Both Computers run Windows Vista.
    The laptop has the inventory program in the AO directory. User Name -- Saved Games -- Anarchy Online -- Items Assistant.
    I don't run it in compatibility mode.
    It works perfectly. It updates with each patch...so no need to manually update. Awesome.

Does the program need to be installed in the AO directory?

I'm mentioning this because I can't get the desktop to run the program properly.
    Yes, it scans the bags...but even when the bags have been re-named, it calls them all by the default "small backpack".
    Also, even though I downloaded the latest version...it doesn't recognize the DB Infusers.
    I've zoned, moved them around to other characters, re-scanned...nope.

The only thing that I can think of is that it's not running from the right folder. I might have it running from under "Saved Games", up a level from the other computer.
    (I'm not at home to check).

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jaydah; Apr 14th, 2009 at 21:09:27.

I do not have mine in the AO directory.

I use XP and it's in a sub-folder of the root I put all my 3rd party AO stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydah View Post
    Question...Both Computers run Windows Vista.
    The laptop has the inventory program in the AO directory. User Name -- Saved Games -- Anarchy Online -- Items Assistant.
    I don't run it in compatibility mode.
    It works perfectly. It updates with each patch...so no need to manually update. Awesome.

Does the program need to be installed in the AO directory?
    Nope. I use vista myself as I am developing it, and I NEVER run it from the AO folder.

I'm mentioning this because I can't get the desktop to run the program properly.
    Yes, it scans the bags...but even when the bags have been re-named, it calls them all by the default "small backpack".
    Have you renamed them on both computers? The backpack names are stored locally in the AO client (xml file), and is not synced between PCs.

Also, even though I downloaded the latest version...it doesn't recognize the DB Infusers.
    I've zoned, moved them around to other characters, re-scanned...nope.
    I will check into that item. It might be a bug in the AODB ripping process.

@all
    Thanks for the feedback!! Feel free to add feature requests to the SF.net page so it doesn't get lost/forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Betepok View Post
    Is it hard to put link from "Pattern matcher" to AO Pocket site in browser with info about PB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbiter View Post
    The dropdown list where you select which char to search on isn't sorted.
    Done and done.
    Will be in next release.

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast