Thread: The Lord of the Rings

Talking The Lord of the Rings

If you where ever in doubt, go see it, NOW!!!

Quazz

I'm going to see it but have to wait till after christmas break. I have a few reasons for this.
    1. My baybsitter is out of town for vacation and I won't take my kids (I'd miss half the movie).
    2. The movie theaters are packed for it, the lines here are long at every showing currently, too cold here to stand in line hoping to get in.
    3. Once vacation is over kids will be in school so I can see a Friday matinee and the theater will be almost empty.
    One question, is it very true to the book?

I hear they turn Arwen into a Xena.
    Hrmph.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

it r o x !
    atleast thats what I think
    but what do I know
    havent even read the books

man ,that movie rocks! I got tickets to the World Preimiere and I loved it! I am going to see it again!.

Seen it 2 times already, incredible how they managed to make such a good film out of such a good book.
    NT phone HOME!!

Barf. That's all I got to say about that movie. Luckily, someone else paid, or I'd be pretty mad about wasting the money.

What kind of movies do you like then Kneecaps? Pokemon? Twat
    Fleh the man-eating lvl 171 sabretooth...oh no wait, that would be PvP wouldn't it...nm then

Kneecaps could you plz give a reason for why you thought the movie was 'Barf'? I'd like to know because I can't comprehend how someone can even slightly dislike such a masterpiece of a movie.
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

Arrow

kneecaps is obviously a valleygirlish boy who didn't like the fact arwen looks better in a dress than him. just my 2 cents but since the economy is all fubar its probably worth 1 cent now

Sheesh. I get insulted because I didn't like a movie? C'mon people, at least make fun of me for something creative...

I simply didn't like it. You can't expect every person to like every movie. This thread seemed like the place to voice my opinion, and that's just what I did... I didn't *hate* the movie, and I have nothing against the people that liked it. It simply didn't do anything for me. When characters died, I didn't care. When characters were happy, I wasn't happy for them. I never really cared what was going to happen in the next scene. When it ended, I didn't really have the urge to see it again or see the sequels (though, I probably will anyway). That's why I didn't like it. Nothing really specific (well, I could've done without the 2 Jar Jar-esque hobbit friends). I don't even remember most of the characters' names.

The movie was based on a book and stayed true to it... But books don't make good movies. Books make good books.

Fleh, I like all kinds of movies. I thought The Matrix, Independence Day and Men In Black were lotsa fun. I loved Usual Suspects and Memento. I thought Austin Powers and American Pie were hilarious. I didn't like Star Wars Ep 1 and I never even *saw* Pokemon. I generally enjoy what other people enjoy. I'm not a person who will hate a movie just because a lot of people like it.

Loved it

Loved it. And loved the elves(esp. arwen . *sigh* not a lovable elf in EQ anymore. bah, closest thing to it= short solitus
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

"Barf. That's all I got to say about that movie. Luckily, someone else paid, or I'd be pretty mad about wasting the money."

Was that creative?

"Sheesh. I get insulted because I didn't like a movie? C'mon people, at least make fun of me for something creative... "

Originally posted by killahsin

Was that creative?

*sigh* I was joking about the whole "be creative" thing. Hell, I was making fun of *MYSELF* and you still get offended? Some of you guys need to lighten up.

Loved it. My girlfriend thought it was "ok" but she wouldn't know because she fell asleep halfway through it. She also hates Star Wars and said this mvie reminded her of it. As a general rule, if you think the Star Wars series was good, you'll probibly like this movie series.