Thread: Freelance: Researchers mysteriously disappeared

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Researchers mysteriously seized

Researchers mysteriously seized
    July 19, 29480 - Andolina "Nukinuke" Timor [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Six researchers were simultaneously kidnapped from their homes on Sunday evening. Lanne, Pendereder, Livedilos, Thellum, Rosee and Aphrodyte were all well known for their work in the field of notum biology, and all were scheduled to speak at the upcoming "Seminar on Notum Depletion in Higher Mammals" next month.

In each case, the scientists were siezed by groups of unarmed persons and dragged to the nearest grid terminal.

Lahronil described the attack on her husband. "We were having dinner, and suddenly our apartment door was blown in! Those horrible men were everywhere! They ran in before we could even stand up, one of them 'rooted' me, and then they took Thellum!"

Marwinn of High Rise 3, Omni-Trade District, upon witnessing the abduction of Pencereder, attempted to intervene and was immediately sent to reclaim by destructive "nuke" nano-programs. Other witnesses, attempting to follow the attackers into the grid, were briefly stymied by terminal malfunctions.

Nesley, of Living Quarters 7, West Athen, described the attackers as "all black, like they had black cloaks, gloves, masks, everything", and that several attackers had glowing auras around their hands.

Omni-Pol Sergeant Chaupin, when asked for details, said, "We can't conclude that these abductions are related yet; it's probably just chance. There is some sort of 'reign of terror' beginning. Law-abiding citizens have nothing to worry about; Omni-Tek protects! Any citizens with information about these events should come forward and describe what they have seen."

Will these scientist ever be found or are they forever gone missing? Only when the abductors tell us what their terms are will we know.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Jul 19th, 2006 at 22:09:17.

And they are back! Just spoke to Rosee on Channel 42. Crisis over, score one for scientists all over the world!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    And they are back! Just spoke to Rosee on Channel 42. Crisis over, score one for scientists all over the world!

Dabblez
    So what'd she say?
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Dabblez

Oh yeah. I wonder if everyone got a -uh- rather macabre package like we did... Monsters. If I find out who's behind this, I'll skin 'em alive and make 'em watch while I make a leather jacket from it.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Dabblez
    They got released? *riases eyebrow*. I haven't heard anything about Lanne's security, or anyone elses for that matter but from the types of thugs involved, it doesn't make much sense that they released them withouth some kind of gain somewhere. And last time I checked Des ain't into paying off ransoms :P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    So what'd she say?
    Waht did she say? How am I supposed to remember? I am a scientist, damn it, not an answering service!

Oh yes, now I remember. She asked if anyone had seen Twistedshot? Kind of ironic really, everyone looking for Rosee and Rosse is looking for Twistedshot.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Waht did she say? How am I supposed to remember? I am a scientist, damn it, not an answering service!

Oh yes, now I remember. She asked if anyone had seen Twistedshot? Kind of ironic really, everyone looking for Rosee and Rosse is looking for Twistedshot.

Dabblez
    Answering Service *chuckles*

Ok 500 credits says they have bombs implanted in them ...
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    Answering Service *chuckles*

Ok 500 credits says they have bombs implanted in them ...
    At least the part of Pencereder of Omni-Mining that was returned to us had no detonating device in it.

They were all brought to the NLF party, and killed infront of us all before we could do anything. Now we know why they wanted us there Unarmed.

The Legion made two showings, the second being with combat forces, for the most part the NLF did nothing other than stand around their "Queen" and smirk.

As much as I had hoped that they were sencire about changing their ways, this dose not suprise me, shock and anger me, yes.

Only the apperance of Legion combat forces kept me from killing Nurser, I think in days to come I will regret that choice
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

It's time, goddamit, time to set aside petty accords and flimsy agreements. It's time to ignore Simon Silverstone, and destroy the Nanomage Liberation Front, along with the Legion. Stupidity over our centuries long conflict, has gone too far.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    It's time, goddamit, time to set aside petty accords and flimsy agreements. It's time to ignore Simon Silverstone, and destroy the Nanomage Liberation Front, along with the Legion. Stupidity over our centuries long conflict, has gone too far.
    Well I know how to handle the NLF. -evul grin-

Lets quadruple are notum mining efforts!!!

Once it wholely depleted we won't have to worry about those skinny pale loons anymore.

As for working togather there is only one problem. Omni would want to head the operation and I seriously doubt clanners will ever follow orders from Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabulla
    Well I know how to handle the NLF. -evul grin-

Lets quadruple are notum mining efforts!!!

Once it wholely depleted we won't have to worry about those skinny pale loons anymore.
    And by doing so you kill off peaceful Nanomages who have absolutely nothing to do with any of this. Congrats to your wishes of genocide.

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

hey! he should come work for us!

Not really I believe in evolution weather natural or forced. Sort of a survival of the fitest.

Notum is are lifes blood and also our source of income. Its kinda like selling your soul. You all can say that you make your money from selling this product or that one but, the credits you own stem from the selling and trading of notum including those helpless nanomages.

Don't believe in evolution? How about an example? Leets make for great pets and most live in very hospitable places but, there are a few that have evolved to thrive in some of Rubi-Ka's harshest enviroments. Now granted they aren't the most feared creature on RK, but they as a species have learned to adapt to thier enviroment. Extiction is far less likely then evolution. Reason being is that extiction happens fast, evolution takes time and one thing that we have alot of is time.
    Last edited by Kabulla; Jul 25th, 2006 at 01:10:45.

Don't believe in evolution? How about an example? Leets make for great pets and most live in very hospitable places but, there are a few that have evolved to thrive in some of Rubi-Ka's harshest enviroments. Now granted they aren't the most feared creature on RK, but they as a species have learned to adapt to thier enviroment. Extiction is far less likely then evolution. Reason being is that extiction happens fast, evolution takes time and one thing that we have alot of is time.
    You be talkin' about adaption, sir.
    Last edited by Perron; Jul 25th, 2006 at 09:49:07.
    This account was cancelled at:
    2006-08-25 05:59:36

It will remain playable until : 2006-08-25 08:42:33

Hehe, what timing!

Notum is are lifes blood and also our source of income. Its kinda like selling your soul.
    Then I suggest you start selling you own soul, instead of that of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Perron
    You be talkin' about adaption, sir.
    Adaptation is a kind of evolution
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Adaptation is a kind of evolution
    So is moving planet or dying caused by lack of consideration for mother ka's children....

And what did you consider, Nuser? The timing, or the effect? Did you consider them, as people, like...you want us to consider you?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||