Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Nerf Adventurers Already

Another thing that needs to be done, is that root grafts need to be nerfed. It's ironic that professions like adv, MA, enfs, and keepers, who have so much root immunity, get access to the root grafts(that ignore nano resist) and use them against the ranged professions who are supposed to have roots and range as their advantages. I won't even get into the bug with the grafts that forces the target into recharge so he can't cast any of his own nanos.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Point 1:

Spear of forbidden Ceremony starts at QL250 so you need 1501 Piercing to get it on and I wanna see a Non-Inf-Symb class managing that.

Point 2:

Only melee classes get Dimache high enough for a save 40% hit. Other classes may get a 40% hit, but they need to work for it and be really lucky (btw Advys do get Dimache).

Point 3:

A PvP-Crat with maxed Nanoskills has a chance from 1 in 20 to stun a PvP Advy. I tryed it in the Notum Silo vs a good PvP-Advy and I had CM running, Nanoskills maxed and both Nanoskill-Perklines trained. So don't tell me a crat can stun a advy.

Point 4:

CratNukes suck in endgame. It hits for 688 points in PvP (482 vs RRFE) and has 4sec recharge.

Point 5:

With all his Defense-Perks a Crat is hard to hit for 30secs max, then a sol/fixer can FA/BURST/FLING him or every advy can eat him alive.

And in 30sec a Crat can kill like.. Noone.

Point 6:

Advys can get Defensskills high enough, that MA's with 3k AR can't hit them, een without the advy having Acrobat up, wanna see any other class (maybe exept Shade, MA and Fixer) that can manage that and none of that classes has Cocoon or healingpower even half as good as the advys.

So Randomwhatever, I wanna know why crats are better then advys in PvP (damm almost died laughing when I read that BS). And I can tell you Advys are uber in PvP. Yes, other classes can also be reall good when optimized, but Advys take much les work to be really good and optimized Advys have a chance far above 80% to kill every other profession 1 vs 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak
    It's ironic that professions like adv, MA, enfs, and keepers, who have so much root immunity
    Enforcers don't get any special root immunity like the other classes do. Enforcers can break most roots fine, but it's all to easy to make roots overpowered.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai
    Enforcers don't get any special root immunity like the other classes do. Enforcers can break most roots fine, but it's all to easy to make roots overpowered.
    True, but the NR boost from Rage makes it extremely difficult to land a root on an enf.

I agree, it's all too easy to make roots overpowered, but right now there are too many ways to defend against/remove roots. The only truly reliable roots in the game are grafts and the SB root.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Aros
    Point 1:

Spear of forbidden Ceremony starts at QL250 so you need 1501 Piercing to get it on and I wanna see a Non-Inf-Symb class managing that.
    On a purely technical note, that'd be a Shade. They don't use symbs at all. Sure, their SPIRITS give Piercing, but you didn't say anything about that.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroba
    there is potensial for pawning adv's.. the classes that can just need a small push in right direction by fc
    Dont think anyone would mind if Traders & MP's got a bit of love

Agreed. Give MPs CiB!
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Let me state my position on crats: They're a valuable asset in mass PvP, and very hard to kill alone. They get decent offensive, and great def.

However they are not uber, they are not the best, but they're quite a bit better than most people realize or give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter
    Let me state my position on crats: They're a valuable asset in mass PvP, and very hard to kill alone. They get decent offensive, and great def.

However they are not uber, they are not the best, but they're quite a bit better than most people realize or give them credit for.
    LOL, just because some pvpers knows all the in's and out's of AO pvp doesnt make them "okay". My 220/30 KEEP0R WANTS TO DUEL UR CRAT!!111

Crats WERE a valuable asset to pvp before flags were added in the game. AoE roots do as much harm as they do good these days in mass pvp.

And LOL at your -4.5k AC debuff statement....4.5k AC's amounts to 450 damage Far Far less in pvp considering the damage reduction and RRFE
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

edit: why do people keep talking about RRFE?
    The only times you find someone not having rrfe (on RK2) is when they agreed to a selbuffed duel.
    And even the few few very rare times someone does not have rrfe in any given pvp circumstance (like fe arena, bore, 2h0, towers, tara, mercs, uniqs, random flag) they will have at least these 13%.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

if somebody has 1 more evade + alldef than the other guy has attackrating the perk wont land. you yourself stated that 2550 was normal and twinked can get 2800. how can somebody with 2590 perk somebody with 2591 evades and alldef.

Succumbperk roflmao. yeah sure it can land and does 0 damage. sure it lowers evades and 4500 acs but that hardly matters much even if it does land.
    If ROO has a hard time landing on any dark blue nanorest person, how would it land well on you? Is that the nasty nuke you were referring to? 430ish damage through rrfe every 5 seconds(if it hits) is hardly nasty, not even close.
    HHAB nerfs nukes and snares/roots way too much imo.

you cant expect a crat that has range as his/her ONLY real advantage to get a weapon that has sneak/dimach do you? Cause then you seriously dont understand anything about game mechanics. That would totally remove the only advantage he/she got.
    Range is what matters for crats. not gettin close and personal
    Last edited by Lillagumman; Jul 26th, 2006 at 09:38:00.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

And 20% of that 25% is available to all other classes, and 23% of that 25% is available to enforcers and keepers as well. Engis can get quite a bit more.

But hey, you're the one that doesn't count a weakness everyone has as an adv weakness, so I guess counting buffs everyone has as an adv buff makes sense to you somehow.

a crat cant alpha anything period. so your point about killing anything/anybody before you do anything is moot.
    we simply dont have the attacks/specials/perks do do that. and no the sneak/dimach thingy isnt an option.
    seems awefully hard for you to understand that.

rrfe is pretty much what i use for outsidebuffs and it is hardly even considered an outsidebuff anymore xcept for selfed duels.
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

just wanted to add that ROO is hard to land on anybody with dark blue nanoresist. adv or anybody. it is hard to land. has a bad def check imo.

640ish vs no reflect damage every 5 seconds when it lands is not good damage
    add to that advies do get reflect on the cocoon perkline + graft
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Btw... AdvyNR may be dark blue, but you can still raise it 4 points/level, so you can get the same base NR as evades and only Crats, Docs, MP's, NT's and Engies (?) can get a higher NR then Advys, so kinda behaving like Advys have a weekness in NR is plain and simple DUMP.

Over 2K NR on a advy is simple, add AllDeff to it and perks agains NR get really low chance to land as doe buffs againt 120% or even 160% NR.

The Dark Blue for advys means only that it is more expansive, not that you get a lower skill at the end.

As to uber crat nukes,
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227063 (green skill on crat vrs blue skill on adv, if you're able to count to 40 this isn't an issue to land)
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=78400 (obviously)
    erm
    ur joking right?
    if not:
    Even as NT i got *only* 2,3k MC. I might have to add that a crat cant really reach this skills i got. So yes, its easy to resist, since advys got not as bad nr as u say. Actually u can even buff it urself by 100. Most crats get like 1,8k-2k AR on ROO vs 2,2k+ nr of a advy. Did anyone mention that u cant killanything with ROO ?

And ... er .... how the hell shal a 4,5k/250 evade ac debuff help the crat which uses ranged weapons ? Also its a perk , so it does check vs evade clc+add all dev.
    Last edited by ArtemisV; Jul 27th, 2006 at 17:03:23.
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Three capped hits (i.e. Sneak/AS/Dimach) with 25% reflect = 90% damage.
    Three capped hits (i.e. Sneak/AS/Dimach) with 42% reflect = 69.6% damage

How do you kill any adv with this 3 hit combo your so convinced works for any prof? It seems that the adv pretty much has to be afk rezzing for this to have a remote chance of working, preferably stripped and in perk-reset too. This would also require all three hits to cap, a feat which is nigh on impossible anyway.

You rant and rave how OBs distort stuff, well maybe you should get real? Everyone can get the same OBs and aside from RRFE and Spec Blockers their relative usefullness dwindles. Perhaps RI too, which if we include on the adv's part makes them even harder to perk. Reckoning without any outsidebuffs is stupid, reckoning without self-buffs is just... inconcievable retarded. Even at a base level advs are tough, when OBed they are even tougher.

So.... back to square one. The fact still stands that advs have no unique and specific weaknesses, which leads to them being overpowered in comparison to other classes in pvp. Conjecturing ridiculous scenarious where an adv would die != ighlighting a weakness in their aresnal of defenses.

{Edited by Corwynn - personal attack removed}
    Last edited by Corwynn; Jul 27th, 2006 at 23:41:13.

Enjoying RK4

Also this skill doesn't check against nanoresist.
    No, it checks evade close, which if anything has a higher defensive rating than NR for advs......

Enjoying RK4

Rofl @ the engy reflect comment, we get 2% from Bio Cocoon, and 24% from nanos thats it OMG 26% thats a whole 1% more than advy NERF PLX. {Edited by Corwynn - personal attack removed}
    This + This+3% from biococoon = 34%

Three capped hits (i.e. Sneak/AS/Dimach) with 25% reflect = 90% damage.
    Ok that's a good point, assuming weapon specials and perks couldn't be used at the same time. However they can, so if you don't land say chaotic assumption, a regular hit, any DD perk from any other line, your arguement stands. Also not to mention that A) reflect grafts aren't always used B) not everyone has a bracer.

Last edited by Corwynn; Jul 27th, 2006 at 23:42:34.

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast