Thread: Just Nerf Adventurers Already

Is he STILL trying to defend his point that adventurers just aren't that overpowered compared to other professions?

I'll say something, yes adventurers can be killed.. by one person? mhmm, sometimes, but it generally involves luck and normally having the adventurer to have less skill than the opposer..

Anyways, in all reality.. with how the game is setup, yes indeed adventurers in PvP have the greatest array of defensive capabilities (making them hard to kill in ANY situation/by any profession), and the offensive capabilities to definately title them the Overall best PvP Profession..

No other profession has more defenses than the adventurer, hell adventurers even get great heals! And certainly I'm not the only one who has seen how good their actual offensive capabilities are...

I think best thing is just to ignore Randomletters senseless babble about trying to find ways/situations in which adventurer can die.. when you bring things in like "Omg 2 soldiers and a pocketdoc killed me" It wasn't just the one soldier alone.. or the doctor even.. it was ALL 3 of them working together.. and in some cases, 3 people twinked well at 220 can still not pull off to kill an adventurer - and that shows the overpowered capabilities of the Adventurer
    Ps: You spelled irrelevant* wrong :P
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter
    How is that any different than say an MA? MAs are hard to kill, and between crits, AS,dimach, brawl, they're likely to do just as much damage or more in the same amount of time.

The same could be said of soldiers, anyone with reaver, shades, agents etc.
    small difference for the professions you mention including ma's is we got professions that will most likely send us to reclaim on their own. soldier's have engi's, shade's have too many, agents in fp doc is squishy for alpha's, ma's vs engi's or soldier's... show me your nemesis.. you dont have any (yea you can get killed but you still have a fair chanse win, often more than likely adv will win). A team of 2soldiers and 1doc as you mentioned is the nemesis for most if you choose to hit cacon and start smacktalk instead of use your sd perks and run away. guess your point was you dont hug zones tho even if you could.
    woofwoof!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroba
    .. 2vs1 or 10vs10.. it is not relevant. what is, is that when i fight whatever target the adv can do close to 100% of my hp trough rrfe.. when this hilarious dmg comes from a profession that also is maybe the hardest profession to kill atm, i find it fun and the right thing to do; to shout nerf on adv's in this thread. \o/ Weee i love you random ;D in abit strange way hehe
    Just a little nitpicking.... you're talking about Melee Advys... not ranged ones...

A ranged one cannot even make a dent in a MA with its alpha.

Fling, burst, full auto will all miss, and the AS usually do 2k or so, but ofcourse if lucky, it'll do a cap, but nothing thats even close to killing a MA

The solution would be to make all adventurers pistol and give enforcers 1he back.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroba
    small difference for the professions you mention including ma's is we got professions that will most likely send us to reclaim on their own. soldier's have engi's, shade's have too many, agents in fp doc is squishy for alpha's, ma's vs engi's or soldier's... show me your nemesis.. you dont have any (yea you can get killed but you still have a fair chanse win, often more than likely adv will win). A team of 2soldiers and 1doc as you mentioned is the nemesis for most if you choose to hit cacon and start smacktalk instead of use your sd perks and run away. guess your point was you dont hug zones tho even if you could.
    True, there are no professions that will always beat an advy. But there are several with a good (50/50 or so) chance of doing it.

MA, Engi, Keeper, Agent, Enf, Doc all have a fair chance at winning either by Alpha'ing the Advy to death really quickly(stuns are advys worst enemy), or by outlasting him (doc)

not much more to say really... there can be done alot to improve the pvp experience for all classes.. if i was in charge i woud do something like this:

nt's:
    • new sl layer, self only, with same cast times as rk ones (no attack speed cap) with 1500absorb. hopefully this and new nuke nanopool absorb will save the few nt's left in pvp and a few new ones will appear
    • make it much harder to break the range debuffs and stronger range nerf both weapon and nano.

shade's:
    • mongo rage for all shade breeds.

trader's:
    • put 3x perk heals into accumulator perk line each with 5k friendly area heal (trader included ) and 3min recharge.. might give them time to do something with their nano's they have before they die

crat's:
    • add a self only healdelta buff that doesnt stack with doctors improved hpdelta.
    • add a nano that redirect 30-50% dmg crat takes to all the pets he controls (to survive alphas and break calms on pet) for 10sec and at end a cooldown nano in ncu for 20sec.

mp's:
    • change def check on stunn and nsd nano to 100%
    • new summon 1hb weapon that adds 2k hp and can start a nano/hp dot on hit with 67% Ts at skill and 33% 1hb.. with a matching look to shield of asmodian.. some kinda snake on a stave woud rock \o/ (more hp to have a easyer time survive ganks)

doctor's:
    • easy to land nanocost debuff like +200% npc for 2mins (not remove able by the doc perks)... to shorten doc vs doc and doc vs adv duels

on general stuff id change the nanorecharge bar effect grafts and bbcs give
    cap root resist on max 50% so rooter vs melee class is interesting again.

so if i ruled this world i woud make adv's at least rootable so the melee ones had to work harder to get in range of squishy people.. nr perked shades can still remove graft roots if they land on the 50% root resist with a cheap 125root remover stim and dont think any long duration root will ever land anyway if you have 20k+ nr

plz dont stake me for my ideas.. instead make/have your own
    Last edited by Jaroba; Aug 6th, 2006 at 14:26:43.
    woofwoof!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey
    IOn a more constructive note. I always said that FC should take off their heals and cocoon and all that crap and replace them with nice new self morphs that makes sense to the profession. How about one morph especially made for different situations.. a defensive one to tank(giant turtle.. kidding).. an offensive one to dd .. one that enables you to heal decently and/or mez to support. stuff like that.. It would truely make them masters of everything while stoping them to use all those advantages at once, and it would make advies more fun to play I beleive.
    <bangs head on desk>

You mean like the +90 evades and 90 AAD and 560 runspeed from wolf or
    You mean like the +90 AAO +(more) damage +ACs +1crit from cat or
    You mean like the +315 nano HoTs and 5% increased heal efficiency from tree?

ffs AH
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

In a double post of uberness, here comes the summattion of this thread:

Advs are possibly the best defensive proffession in game, and we get mid level offense.

People don't like not being able to kill us regularly, and since they don't have our defensive abilities they get upset when after several minutes of fighting (for some classes, less or more for others) they're in danger of dying.

Well here's a newsflash, the tactic is ALPHA US. If you can't do that then adv is one of the classes you just don't stand around and fight. Just like soldiers don't fight engis, shades don't fight soldiers, etc etc.

We don't have any proffession specific weaknesses or advantages. As already illustrated with some basic IP expenditure and simple tactics you too can become an alpha class! Regardless of what prof you are!

<bangs head on desk>

You mean like the +90 evades and 90 AAD and 560 runspeed from wolf or
    You mean like the +90 AAO +(more) damage +ACs +1crit from cat or
    You mean like the +315 nano HoTs and 5% increased heal efficiency from tree?

ffs AH
    he meant instead of coccoon and heals.

instead you get both at the same time.

ffs AH
    Chronicles of the AI Nub: The AI Conspiracy

Proud Sequel to Chronicles of the Hecknoobs: The Nerfbat Anthology, which is the proud sequal to Misson Impossible Four, which have probably been the least noteworthy stories on the planet since Paris Hilton's arrest.

And finally, we're proud to announce that there is NO Tom Cruisery in any story.

Half of his suggestion is in game, and the other half is just saying "nothing defnesive perk/nano or otherwise should stack"

Advs are possibly the best defensive proffession in game, and we get mid level offense.
    You get high level defense and high level offense. That would be overpowered.
    If you don't think it's even a little overpowered maybe, then howabout we start giving docs insane damage guns, make all our DoT's insta-cast and do double damage, and make them impossible to resist.... oh that would be overpowered. Combining great heals with great damage.

Except apparently great def and great off is great if you're an advy.

We don't have any proffession specific weaknesses or advantages. As already illustrated with some basic IP expenditure and simple tactics you too can become an alpha class! Regardless of what prof you are!
    Coccoon you share with keepers, enfs, and engis, so that's not profession specific.
    Acrobat you share with MA's and such so that's not profession specific.
    Hey does having both acrobat AND coccoon at the same time count as profession specific?
    Healing second only to docs? nope not profession specific since docs have better.

At least my crat can alpha you though right? any prof?
    Chronicles of the AI Nub: The AI Conspiracy

Proud Sequel to Chronicles of the Hecknoobs: The Nerfbat Anthology, which is the proud sequal to Misson Impossible Four, which have probably been the least noteworthy stories on the planet since Paris Hilton's arrest.

And finally, we're proud to announce that there is NO Tom Cruisery in any story.

Both at the same time doesn't count.

We went over the crat. Spear of forbidden ceremonies+supernova+dimach+pets+a nuke here or there+any other DD perks is an alpha to ruin any proffession. Just because you aren't willing to spend that ip on your crat doesn't mean it won't work.

In a double post of uberness, here comes the summattion of this thread:

People don't like not being able to kill us regularly, and since they don't have our defensive abilities they get upset when after several minutes of fighting (for some classes, less or more for others) they're in danger of dying.

Well here's a newsflash, the tactic is ALPHA US. If you can't do that then adv is one of the classes you just don't stand around and fight. Just like soldiers don't fight engis, shades don't fight soldiers, etc etc.

Not possibly.

Over the top, incredibly, without any doubt whatsoever have the best defence possible.Completely, conclusively, the matter is never in doubt. You are a MA (who has nice defense) with far better heals, and bio.

You cant alpha through bio.
    You cant alpha through DoF (well, unless you have MR. But MR is not a profession choice).

If your bio and Dof is down? Run off. You cant be rooted. Back with all your junk up in a minute or so. You have ample time to try your own very effective melee alpha kill during your period of effective unhittableness.

Ady's can die, if you catch one before they can do anything - This is the Advy's fault as a player, not a weakness of the class at all.

Btw your crat alpha wont do jack vs bio cocoon. Itd be lucky to even take someone out at all, SA wouldnt always cap, neither would AS, dimach from a crat is risky and swapping all of those would take at least 5-6 seconds to execute. During which, you can just hit that little button named "Heal" and mr uber crat is now uber remains.

Or you could bio. Or you could kite and heal. Or you could just kill the crat. We all know how long adventurers survive under fire from *multiple* people under bio, acro, kiting, healing, and so on. No other class can even come close.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Btw your crat alpha wont do jack vs bio cocoon. Itd be lucky to even take someone out at all, SA wouldnt always cap, neither would AS, dimach from a crat is risky and swapping all of those would take at least 5-6 seconds to execute. During which, you can just hit that little button named "Heal" and mr uber crat is now uber remains.
    qft

even with more sneak skill than a crat could actually get SoFC only caps sneak about 1/5-1/6 of the time. If the adv has special blockers this whole alpha goes tits up too. And OSBs are the reality of PvP today, yeat other classes are still killable osb'd.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Should also mention a crat couldnt possibly equip a SOFC.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Should also mention a crat couldnt possibly equip a SOFC.
    Clearly you aren't willing to make the necessary IP expenditures Kink! L2P FFS!

Enjoying RK4

Oh believe me, with my experience with trying to equip certain piercing weapons as a class with far cheaper Piercing Skill than a crat, I can quite assure you with every +piercing item available in game, a crat would end up a good 300+ points short of equipping a SOFC.

Sorry
    Don't be lonely anymore.

doh!

Guess I'll go back to playing my enf rather than try to tell an agent how an adv told me a crat can have an alpha.

Enjoying RK4

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg
    Death, hope you're enjoying yourself.
    Not right now, but what do i have to do with it anyway? o.O

Let me to it to you like this: About an hour ago I had 2 soldiers killing me, I was gonna kill the first soldier through AMS, then this doctor CHed him, AMS went down and he was nearing death again and the doctor CHed him and UBTed me. I hit cocoon and typed trash talk into vicinity. Cocoon wore off and I could have run off but stayed and died instead.
    You just said that you did not died for 1:20 to 2 Soldiers + Pocket Doc, but even nearly killed 1 of the Soldiers thru AMS even tho he had a pocket doc.
    And you still think Advy is not overpowered?

No offense dude, but i think you need a reality check.

We went over the crat. Spear of forbidden ceremonies+supernova+dimach+pets+a nuke here or there+any other DD perks is an alpha to ruin any proffession. Just because you aren't willing to spend that ip on your crat doesn't mean it won't work.
    Spear: Melee dmg
    Nova: Energy dmg
    Pet: Melee dmg
    Nuke: Energy Dmg
    Perk: Starfall (lets just for a second asume you managed to stack those up v the 2.4k NR of an Advy) Radiation dmg

How do you eat an Advy with an alpha that consist of 3 different dmg types?
    The thing that speaks for the Soldier ie vs. Enfs is that they can get an alpha consisting of 1 dmg type to eat Cocoon + HPs super fast.

Ady's can die, if you catch one before they can do anything - This is the Advy's fault as a player, not a weakness of the class at all.
    So true, but it makes you fell all warm and fuzzy inside if you take a pic of a dead advy.

Imho Advys are the most balanced PvM profession out there, but the possible combination of Melee (1he with AI), Trox Breed (MR with AI) and the superb defense (Cocoon + Acrobat) just put the pendulum to much into their direction in PvP.
    Its not the Advys fault for that possible combination, but it is for denying it to be there.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

My god I have to do it again, although in all fairness it appears my "how to put a SoFS on a crat post" was deleted.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=238986 is the item in question.

On a nanomage crat with maxed base abilities and a set of ql270 (or nearest) symbs - right arm. (not sure how high control they can really get on):
    A peircing/AAD/FA ql280 implant (can get higher than that with rollable imp/cluster).

1040 skill.
    +210 from strong based set.
    +100 from general AI perk
    +20 general buff
    =1370.

Can self it and run around happily ganking your adv friends. I think saying "I tried doing that (rather simple thing) and failed, and I'm a better prof/breed than the one in question" invalidates everything you ever said based on experience.

Also you can put on an even higher spear with little difficulty (or a lower one if you can't afford to run around in strong armor, even though capping an AS on a supernova takes next to no skill, and dimach benefits much from the strong)

You are a MA (who has nice defense)
    Where's my perma 300 AAD and 1 hour AAD buff? Where's my uncrittablility, and unstunability? Where's my brawl buff line, where's my green scaling dimach?

That's a totally stupid statement and you know it.

Get a !cd macro and have someone que up a few perks on you, then hit one of your own and see who's execute first. (my point being cocoon is put at the bottom of the perks to do stack when executed at the (nearly)same time as another one).

Also when you see Someone's damage shield hit you for 999 points of AdvHax damage, that means cocoon is up and it's time to run away since you failed to alpha them. Try again after the 40s it takes for cocoon to go down and SA to come up.

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast