Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Proposal for the Unified Clan Nation!!!

Again, I ask "What does that have to do with you wanting Omni-Tek to sell you supplies to kill it and take over the planet?" Omni-Tek is not in the business of selling weapons, it is in the nanotechnology business which is a LOT more profitable than selling shot guns.

Tell you what, Clanner, since you want Omni-Tek's help so much, I'll write a memo for you recommending that Omni-Tek runs your government for you.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Obviously you have not studied any sort of economics.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Obviously you have not studied Omni-Tek's business model and, obviously, you still have not come up with an answer as to why Omni-Tek should help it's enemy.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Right now the majority of what the clans possess or produce comes from, in one for or another, Omni-Tek. Either from knocking off designes or out right steeling them.
    As good a reason to put the alien weapons to use as I have heard yet. Not only are they superior to anything Omni has - they don't put money in Omni's pockets! But I digress...

If we are going to be able to continue competing with Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka Division we are going to need to develop a trade system with other parties to get a larger influx of goods, materials and money. Also, there is less than 5 decades on the lease, it is unlikely that ICC will seriously consider bids from dozens of clan factions as potintial owners or leasers. Unless we want to be fighting another company that may be even worse than OT we are going to have to get the legal rights to the planet.
    You should never be President. You should probably not even be in politics. Everything you said just made the Clans - and more to the point; yourself - sound feeble. Impotent.

And your solution is to hold an election and vote into power someone whom will what? Evict Omni-Tek from Rubi-Ka by Presidential Decree? Your solution to the sinking ship is to turn on the faucet.
    The freedom to vote.
    You say you are empowering people to vote with your system, but their vote does absolutely nothing to solve the problem that is Omni-Tek. No government, no matter how well structured or balanced or who runs the damnable thing - no government will ever be recognized by Omni-Tek. I say you're dropping a placebo in the water and telling people it'll cure baldness.

Let me put this plainly. We do not need a President. This is not politics. This is war. We do not file referendums, and we are in no position to hold sanctions against OT. That's why we are fighting the war in the first place. We don't need resolutions, and we don't need more people standing between us and the task at hand - we just need to get right down and do it.

We need a General. And the Knights - being a clan of noble, proud, honourable and famed warriors; I kind of thought you would see that, but mayhap all the 'thees and thous' have gone to the quick and you are looking for a King?

I fight to put an end to the raping of Rubi-Ka (and the Shadowlands by extension) that the conglomerate Omni-Tek represents. I fight to punish those who have spilled forth horrors from the depths of human depravity in the form of mutants, polution and attrocities against all breeds of man. I fight to stop the machines of industry from crushing individual freedom.

You seek to take over the reigns.

As a word of warning, one warrior to another? I would seriously look at what you're proposing, and make sure you don't end up as something else I, and others like me, would seek to end.
    Lieutenant Michaela "Salvena" Scales - The Black Company 212/13 Nano Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    AOE abilities allow very fast levelling from 1 to 200 for a talented NT, they can level much faster then many other professions
    Kiting is not talent. Actually finding a niche, doing your job and making your team enjoy having you is talent. I have never kited anything, and I never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvena
    You should never be President. You should probably not even be in politics. Everything you said just made the Clans - and more to the point; yourself - sound feeble. Impotent.
    What ever gave you the idea that I wanted to be president? And your probably right, I should not be involved in politics, however I owe it to Xaun to see that her hope for the future of the clans dose not fall to dust. Is the UCN the future of the clans, I do not know, I hope it is however. And regardless of how you feel, we do not have the industrial capabilities, pure and simple. That HAS to change.

And your solution is to hold an election and vote into power someone whom will what? Evict Omni-Tek from Rubi-Ka by Presidential Decree? Your solution to the sinking ship is to turn on the faucet.
    No, like it or not we are stuck with OT untill the lease runs out. What it would achive however is a solid point in which trade agreements can be made with off-planet suppliers. Also you keep missing the major point over and over. It is not just one person elected into power, please read back over the various house outlines of the proposal

You say you are empowering people to vote with your system, but their vote does absolutely nothing to solve the problem that is Omni-Tek. No government, no matter how well structured or balanced or who runs the damnable thing - no government will ever be recognized by Omni-Tek. I say you're dropping a placebo in the water and telling people it'll cure baldness.
    I can not cure your short sightedness. This is not looking to tommorow, or next week or a few months from now, this is looking decades and centuries down the line.

We need a General. And the Knights - being a clan of noble, proud, honourable and famed warriors; I kind of thought you would see that, but mayhap all the 'thees and thous' have gone to the quick and you are looking for a King?

You seek to take over the reigns.
    No, I am not, nor are the Aethyr Knights, such a thing would go completly counter-purpose to the whole UCN idea. I am ill suited to politics and the only reason I have entered the arena is out of a sense of duty to Xaun and her hopes for the future, that is all.

As a word of warning, one warrior to another? I would seriously look at what you're proposing, and make sure you don't end up as something else I, and others like me, would seek to end.
    I am serioulsy looking at what is being proposed it is one of the reasons that I moved it from the CoT forums to here in the first place, so more people can see what has been proposed and hopefully share their ideas to improve it and make it something we could all live with. I have invited anyone who wishes to aid or comment on this to contact me about the UCN time and time again and I shall do so once more.

If you have anything, questions, concerns or ideas for the UCN please send them to my grid mail location here and I will see about setting up a meeting with you and anyone else that can meet around that time.
    Last edited by Twistshot; Jul 20th, 2006 at 20:41:15. Reason: edited to fix quote markers
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Let me put this plainly. We do not need a President. This is not politics. This is war. We do not file referendums, and we are in no position to hold sanctions against OT. That's why we are fighting the war in the first place. We don't need resolutions, and we don't need more people standing between us and the task at hand - we just need to get right down and do it.

We need a General.
    You wish me to place someones name for consideration as a General for the clans I take it?

Very well then, I shall.

Commander "Windguaerd" Wagner

He has fought for the Clans for several years and has lead several military actions against Omni-Tek, Dust Brigade, Unicorns and a host of other threats. He has a good grasp of military tactics, is well known, supports the CoT and keeps a cool head under fire.
    Last edited by Twistshot; Jul 20th, 2006 at 20:51:14. Reason: To fix a big gap I didnt notice

He has fought for the Clans for several years and has lead several military actions against Omni-Tek, Dust Brigade, Unicorns and a host of other threats. He has a good grasp of military tactics, is well known, supports the CoT and keeps a cool head under fire.
    Never met the man personally, but I understand he has a sterling service record; I would be proud to serve with him in action against Omni-Tek. But I presently have my marching orders, and they come with a nifty little goathead and do not presently lead me to covert action with the Mercury Dragons.

However, it's good you're branching out and looking back to a more sensible course of action, in my humble opinion. If you like, I will pen you a letter of recommendation to go with your application to the Mercury Dragons.

Best of luck!

~Sal
    AOE abilities allow very fast levelling from 1 to 200 for a talented NT, they can level much faster then many other professions
    Kiting is not talent. Actually finding a niche, doing your job and making your team enjoy having you is talent. I have never kited anything, and I never will.

-shakes his head and sighs in exasperation-

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    Medical suits
    We should aid your wounded and strengthen your armies so you can attack us?

Technical Libraries
    Do your own research and quit copying from our test papers.

Terraforming equipment
    Our lease, our planet. Want to do some terraforming? Go get your own land and build your own machines.

Notum Research
    Again, do your own research and quit copying from our test papers.

Gentic Testing data as it pertains to medical needs
    See "Medical suits," "Technical Libraries" and "Notum Research."

Insurance tech, I might remind you that while the terminals are wide spread you maintain the core system.
    See all of the above. The Clans already have more access than they should.

Basically, you want Omni-Tek to support your goals of destroying it. If you want something, go out there and do your own work. Don't expect the corporation to carry you; if you want the benefits of Omni-Tek, go fill out an employment application.
    So.. let me get this straight... In all the galaxy, no one else makes a comperable MedSuit to Omni-Tek? Wow.. you must read your stocks and bonds like they are scripture or something.

Allow me to simplify this: OT holds the lease, yes. Have they infringed on the rights and liberties of their so-caled employees in the past in direct violation of ICC regulations? Yes. Does the Omni-Tek lease (held questionably at this point) prevent the other 99.9% of the galactic market from selling their wares planetside? Yes.

Solution? Eliminate Omni-Tek. Hell, a Slayerdroid could have figured that one out!

The problem is not the superiority of Omni-Tek technology. True: you folks have some nifty gadgets and gear! I am quite pleased with the service record and ease of use of a good number of your products. The issue with OT is that you think this somehow makes you Gods. You assume that your superiority in the lab translates to an ethical waiver for your abuse of simple civil rights.

In case you were wondering; that's why people keep shooting at you.

Hell, if the leg-up in the tech market was all it took to rule the planet, Jobe would mop the floor with your pretty little faces (and be sure to get all the little corners, too!).

So.. let me get this straight... In all the galaxy, no one else makes a comperable MedSuit to Omni-Tek? Wow.. you must read your stocks and bonds like they are scripture or something.
    No, there probably dozens of others, however none of them will sell to us. Also these are called examples, things that people can easily relate to and understand.

Allow me to simplify this: OT holds the lease, yes. Have they infringed on the rights and liberties of their so-caled employees in the past in direct violation of ICC regulations? Yes. Does the Omni-Tek lease (held questionably at this point) prevent the other 99.9% of the galactic market from selling their wares planetside? Yes.
    Actually, with out a copy of the lease agreement I could not tell you one way or the other.

Solution? Eliminate Omni-Tek. Hell, a Slayerdroid could have figured that one out!
    And just how do you prepose to do that? Insurance technology is a wonderfull thing when it works for you, but a real pain in the ass when it just helps your opponent learn from his leathal mistakes

However I must say that it is a reliefe to see a supporter of Mr. Silverstone express the mentality that has become an expected hallmark of them.

(I cut out a part of the original post due to the fact that I had been confused on who she was addressing, that has been cleared up so .... off with its head)
    Last edited by Twistshot; Jul 21st, 2006 at 02:44:17.

Okay, Clanners, just so we can put this matter to rest about what Omni-Tek can do, here is the lease. I hope we can now move on.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

((OMFG thats freekin hillarious Nevver))

((ooc ouch, ohhh that hurt, fell out of my chair hahahaha!!!))

Okay, Clanners, just so we can put this matter to rest about what Omni-Tek can do, here is the lease. I hope we can now move on.
    No one is arguing the terms of the legitimate lease.

We're simply arguing a) if it entitles you to be right pricks, or b) if it is legitimately held - Even the ICC has seen cause to investigate the latter point, and flatly denies the former. They have yanked your chain before; corporate dogs that you are, you came to heel.

Now we just need to push you off the precipice and rid ourselves of your irksome shadow for good.

Will that be diplomatically accomplished? Cooler heads seem to think so, and work towars that aim. The Council of Time and other initiative - like this one - seem to occupy alot of peoples time and energy.Personally, I don't see unification as moving us any closer, so I don't really support it. But that's just me.

((And the lesson here is: Read before replying! Egg anyone?))
    Last edited by Salvena; Jul 21st, 2006 at 03:44:42.

((omfg...I couldn't stop laughing for 5 mins, almost couldn't breathe...Nevver, this was a great joke))
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Exclamation

You wish me to place someones name for consideration as a General for the clans I take it?

Very well then, I shall.

I'm flattered, however I'd have to decline if this means UCN General of the Clans. The only position I would consider accepting is CoT Commander if it is bestowed upon me by the Council of Truth.

The old CoT had Commander "Pendion" Duktar as one of their military leaders and strategists. I personally worked with him and saw the good he did in his position for the clans. It would be an honor to follow on his steps and continue his work if that was ever possible.

This should clarify where I stand on the issue.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Just to be clear Sir, I had ment it for the CoT, as it stands right now the UCN is far from ready and untill it is there is no point in have a general for it.

Salvena, if you are aware of his service record then you should be aware of the fact that his covert ops is only a recent change and before it was, it was more along the lines of a line military unit.

While I agree that the Council of Truth's system is not the best out there and could definately be improved, I don't see how the UCN can work better than the CoT already does.

If you expect all clans to come over and discuss what each of them want, given our extreme diversity you gotta expect years and years of arguing before a single useful thing comes out. Not to mention the CoT currently gives every clan a chance to join in the discussions. And no, a million credits is not a lot to ask for a fee, and is wholly justisfied.

And what about the president? Excuse for saying so, but his role is entirely pointless. If he, and I quote, "make decisions to take action based on the standing of the clans toward an issue", doesn't that imply the possibility of a biased decision-making? The margin between representing the clans, and ruling the clans is quite thin in this case.

I wouldn't want to sound condescendent, but do you realize we are at war? Every single political attempt at reaching a compromise has failed, save for a few. I don't think I need to remind you that the Tir Accord has been violated as October 18 29476, and the Notum Wars raging since November 29 29476. For God's sake, Omni-Tek and the Clans have been trading blows for almost 4 years now, and you're still hoping for a political solution here...

Right now, on the 23rd of July, of the year 29480, I doubt the Council of Truth's real objective is to bring hellish doom on Omni-Tek. My point of view is that it serves as a meeting ground for clans willing to discuss important matters concerning their security, special cases as the Borealis occupation, etc etc. Uniting the Clans against Omni-Tek is not its objective, because the Council respects the diversity of the different Clans.

If you want to take action, fine. If you don't, that's fine too. If you want another treaty for a couple of years, go for it. But I wont blindly put my trust into the UCN.
    I hate signatures.

Well, Twistshot, until the Clans break their not-so-secret weapons pipeline with SOL Banking Company, your proposal has about as much chance of working as a snowball does surviving in Inferno. Smacks of glory-seeking rhetoric and hot air, to be honest. As long as Silverstone has any part of it, don't bet on it ever working.
    Natasha "Tashania" Niacescu, 66 Nanomage Engineer
    Leader of ~Society of Salvation~

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

Quote Originally Posted by Galadan
    And what about the president? Excuse for saying so, but his role is entirely pointless. If he, and I quote, "make decisions to take action based on the standing of the clans toward an issue", doesn't that imply the possibility of a biased decision-making? The margin between representing the clans, and ruling the clans is quite thin in this case.
    This is why there will be the other houses, to check the presidents power, also I belive you misunderstand, "make decisions to take action based on the standing of the clans toward an issue" is just a wordy way to say the president dose what the people vote for. If a vote passes that calls for a street cleaning service it would then be the presidents duty to see that there is a street cleaning service.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast