Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Proposal for the Unified Clan Nation!!!

Proposal for the Unified Clan Nation!!!

One of the last dreams that Lady Xaun Miyamoto had for the Clans as a whole was for a new governmental system that could be seen as a legitimist governmental body that would represent a much wider number of the clans than the current Council of Truth is currently able to represent.

She also wished it to be something more than a sounding board for personal agendas and complaints of other council members where any one group was able to do as they wished regardless of the council’s wishes.

In the past many have accused her of wanting to destroy the Council of Truth, of under mining its authority and while they can sight many occasions that seem to give weight to their words, nothing can be farther from the truth.

Her hope was for this new government, this Unified Clan Nation, to.. evolve.. from the Council of Truth, a body that has not been recognized as a legitimate origination since the Tir Accords were nullified by Omni-Tek when the original Council of Truth vanished with out word.

The Unified Clan Nation is divided into four houses, three of them being voting houses while the fourth is purely advisory on. These houses are as follows.

Overview of the Government
    --------------------------

House of Leadership
    1 President (player)
    1 Vice President (player)
    1 Secretary of State (player)

---

House of Advisors
    The Legacy Clans each in an advisory branch to the Leaders

---

House of Representatives
    Freely applied Clan leaders plus their chosen reps.

---

House of Commons
    Equal number of reps as the House of Representatives each requiring no status with an established clan.
    Last edited by Twistshot; Jul 9th, 2006 at 09:47:26.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Role Responsibilities

The President, will be expected to make time for each branch of the government for at least 1 hour per week for the meetings. And at least 2 hours on the last weekend of each month. For the general assembly of the houses, the voting and then a public addressing thereafter. The president will be expected to Oversee the meeting proceedings, call for votes, make decisions to take action based on the standing of the clans toward an issue, Call emergency meetings in time of crisis, handle foreign relations policy such as negotiating with ICC, Omni-Tek, the Neutrals or other Hyper-corps, Make public addresses to the clans and to the media agencies and above all else. Represent the clans to the universe as the voice there-of.

The Vice-President, will be expected to be available to handle meetings in situations where the President is unavailable and thus should be included and informed regarding all matters of state as much as the President is. This person will have full capacity to act in a situation on the behalf of the clans as the representative of the President. The Vice President will also be considered in line should any great tragedy befall the President that would incapacitate and prevent from enactment of office.

Secretary of State, will be expected to log all meetings and store for public record. The secretary of state will also handle the press releases of the president and act as an advisor relating to things such as speeches and aiding the pres/vp with grammar etc.. the person looking for this role should be very well spoken. They will to the best of their ability add all bills to a clan declaration of Law and Policy.

Advisors, Each advisor shall be over a branch of service such as Military, Agriculture, Trade, Science/art and Economics based on the clans prime directive/motis operandi. The individual Representatives will look to the House of Representatives and the House of Commons for those whom are interested in aiding further their agendas and will have budgets allocated based on the "Bill of Spending" which will be passed shortly after the Houses have been formed and all officials voted in. The Advisors will meet with the House of Leadership to seek funding for projects and get the final ok to begin operations. They will also act as aids of preparation for which items they have "budgets" to allow for the accomplishment such as the people want better-equipped guards in an area. The Advisors would be expected to analyze the allocated time/funds to the necessary depts. And then based on this allocation ok and begin working on it or motion for an increase in spending and operation within that sector of the government.

House of Representatives will be expected to meet together once a month with the president and voice their concerns and ideas, which will then be passed on to vote at the end of the month if enough support exists within this house to move it to the floor. They will also be expected to show up at the general assembly if they can make it to vote on all bills attempting to be passed. The goals and ideals of organized clan leaders will be the motives that fuel this branch of the government.

House of Commons will be expected to meet together once a month with the president and voice their concerns and ideas, which will then be passed on to vote at the end of the month if enough support exists within this house to move it to the floor. They will also be expected to show up at the general assembly if they can make it to vote on all bills attempting to be passed. The goals and ideals of general clans folk and will be more focused on personal freedoms than rights of organized clans.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Please do remember that this is just the basic idea for the Unified Clan Nation, not what is going to be put into effect. If you are a member of the clans and would like to offer your assistance in building this idea up into something that people could live by please contact me when you have the opportunity to do so regardless of my com status. You may also express your desire to aid here and some one will contact you as well.

You may also contact me here if you so wish.
    Last edited by Twistshot; Jul 9th, 2006 at 07:48:35.

Omni-tek or the icc will never recognise any clan governing body as legitimate, regardless of what guise it takes. Not untill Omni-tek and their Unredeemd/Omega masters are defeated will this ever happen.

Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai.

Captain of The Black Company

Ok, am missing something here. Don't the Clans already have a government called the Council? fine they maybe a bit iffy, buy why would you wish to throw out and burn your own government without trying to fix it first instead of trying to instigate your own revolution...again.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

The Council of Truth has never once claimed it's a clan government or wants to be, unlike this UCN idea proposes to be. The CoT is a political fora for debate and communication across sometimes vast differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa
    The CoT is a political fora for debate and communication across sometimes vast differences.
    Indeed. And having differences is entirely commensurate with the principles that guide the Clans.

The Clans are often criticised for not being able to agree on anything, but we can at least agree to disagree, and that disagreement is our assurance that all points of view are being given a chance to be heard.

The guiding principle of this UCN seems to be to 'make the Clans agree', and as far as I can see, forcing an agreement won't do any of us any good. Solidarity is all well and good, and I can see how the proposed UCN would be more conducive to coalitional action against our common enemy, but what if that action goes wrong? Centralised government means that all the Clans suffer.

Even ignoring the practicalities and regarding it as a matter of principle, I fail to see how this kind of government, which will prevent "any one group [being] able to do as they wished regardless of the [government's] wishes", really furthers the principles of freedom for which the Clans are fighting. To my mind it sounds one step closer to the corporate-style doctrine espoused by Omni-Tek.

I haven't even bothered to read it.. I don't see how a new organisation could solve anything.. Fix the current CoT, and then perhaps start looking into the future for it..
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Moving from Democracy to a Republic will solve nothing. If the President is given total power, he will be nothing more then a Despot. The houses will be nothing more then an extention of the CoT. Creating a figurehead will not solve any problems. If we are to solve anything then it would be more in our interest to give the Council some form of limited governing powers, not create a whole new government.

It seems that many of you have NOT read this given some of the comments that I have seen here.

First off, no one is talking about overthrowing the CoT I clearly said that the hope is for the CoT to become the UCN, an evolution.

Secondly, no one is going to be making the clans agree. Issues will be voted upon and if the majority of people say no, then the issue will stop there, if the majority of the clans say yes however, the issue will continue.

The President will NOT have absolut power, it is a position that some one is voted into at regular intervals, not elected for life.

Erm... not really sure how exactly we have a democracy now... gotta be a member to get a vote, and even then it's one vote per member clan. Since I last checked, that constitutes as a republic.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Then there is also the topic of payment to the CoT.

Where does it truely go? Can you show me where my orgs money is being spent?

I mean really the nice new shiny gun the Sentinals in Tir have are cool but, I don't want my orgs hard earned money to go to people who kill Neutrals on site.

Its just not right and I would say it borders on some form of right violation. I think all people have a right to live and chose the way inwhich they want to live be it Neutral Clan or Omni. Is that not freedom? Chosing the path you thinks is the best for you and your family and not having to worry about someone shooting you cause you stepped on thier "grass".

I am sure if we held a vote in the CoT tomorrow to have the Sentinals stop shooting Neutrals in Tir without provication it would pass. That is unless no one showed up for the meeting. But then I seriously doubt it would even get brought up for disscusion let alone a vote.

the CoT is a mockery to the Clans in its current state will always be seen as such as long as we keep bickering over petty things. To be honest that will never happen and im sure 90% of use know the reasons and the ones that don't just don't really care cause they believe the CoT to be powerless in doing anything but create a forum for the biggest egos Rubi-Ka has ever seen.

None of the Council admission fee credits went to arming the Sentinels with Kyr'Ozch weaponry last year. In May of 29479, Commander Silverstone asked for a weapons collection. They asked for 100 Kyr'Ozch specified weapons. They received more than 200. These weapons were given as donations from several clans, not from the Council funds. Try doing some simple research next time you decide to spread such blatant lies again.

Oh, and if your clan can't afford the one million credits you once paid, I can offer a loan out of my own pocket. No interest rates.

I respected you for a while there, Kabulla.

Hermiaa, are you seeing why they can't answer my question yet?

I love it when you Clanners talk about government. No matter what the results are, we win:

1) You continue to argue and remain fragmented and disorganized.

or

2) You actually get it together and give us a defined target.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    I love it when you Clanners talk about government. No matter what the results are, we win:

1) You continue to argue and remain fragmented and disorganized.

or

2) You actually get it together and give us a defined target.
    They're like lemmings, though; They just won't go extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Perron
    They're like lemmings, though; They just won't go extinct.
    Ain't reclaim a pain in the arse?

First off excuse my wording as I was very tired when I wrote last.

The part about the new weapons on guards in Tir was ment as a question as im am sure Tussa andAstera are aware I do not regularly attend CoT meetings. There are many reasons behind this, but most are views based on the few meetings I have attended. Also I am not my orgs rep. that would be Xaun and Twistshot.

Although I did not go into great length to reseach what I stated it was the priciple of questions I put forth. I still would like to know where my money goes.

And no we are not strapped for cash in AK that why we mine notum. Which makes me wonder where Assembly and The Black Company get thier funding from. As I don't see any of your members actively out fighting for the few surface mines that are available. I would like to think you for your little contibution with the mine locations and gas level changes that your group spent the time to collect. Personally I would think Assembly being the strong Sentinal supporters that you are would be doing more then gathering information and maybe just once join some of us on the front lines. Same goes to The Black Company and any other Sentinal support cause is it just me or do you guys talk big and hide when the rest of us fight for what we believe is ours.

PS: Please feel free to come up with more ways to disprove me as you still miss what im asking and saying anwser the questions and im sure you might gain some more respect. As for me I have respect from the people on the front lines and that is all the respect I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabulla
    Although I did not go into great length to reseach what I stated it was the priciple of questions I put forth. I still would like to know where my money goes.

And no we are not strapped for cash in AK that why we mine notum. Which makes me wonder where Assembly and The Black Company get thier funding from. As I don't see any of your members actively out fighting for the few surface mines that are available.
    I heard that Assembly gets their money by selling Atroxes into slave labor. That's just what I heard and is basically a rumor so don't quote me on it. Although, that Tussa is a crafty one, isn't she, Atrox?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Kabulla
    Which makes me wonder where Assembly and The Black Company get thier funding from. As I don't see any of your members actively out fighting for the few surface mines that are available. I would like to think you for your little contibution with the mine locations and gas level changes that your group spent the time to collect. Personally I would think Assembly being the strong Sentinal supporters that you are would be doing more then gathering information and maybe just once join some of us on the front lines. Same goes to The Black Company and any other Sentinal support cause is it just me or do you guys talk big and hide when the rest of us fight for what we believe is ours.
    This is typical behavior from the officers of Xaun. Can't defend yourselves and are upset that three quarters of the replies on something is negative so you make it personal. God forbid that someone disagree with you.

You suffer from the same case of stupidity as Xaun. You seem to think that notum wars is the only way to validate a clans existence.

((Kabulla: now, you crossed a line there and i'll ask you never to bring up TBC in anything you say again. You can try and drag my name through the mud all you want (because you can't) but leave my org out of this.))
    Last edited by Astera; Jul 12th, 2006 at 02:31:00.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast