Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I would encourage those of you to not buy the Booster Pack

Exclamation I would encourage those of you to not buy the Booster Pack

Okay now that my board priviledges are reinstated and I have this in the right thread, let me continue by saying again,

DO NOT PURCHASE THE BOOSTER PACK.

There are many reasons for stating this but I'm going to do a few things here.

First, the concept of land ownership and the "capture the flag" scenarios were promised as a normal patch and the fact that they are trying to charge you for this content shows that something is a little fishy here.

Funcom has cancelled its projects - no sequel to TLJ, no more x-box production, no more Midgaard. They fired many employes in 3 different locations including all of the Midgaard staff and coders, all of the "creative" people that work to influence and offer storyline motivation in Anarchy Online. They have now thrust all of their attention and money into Anarchy Online. Why?

Because its falling and falling fast. This is their meat and bread and if it fails, then many of the ideas they had for the future fails. The simple fact is they have mis-managed the game, failed to hold true on promise after promise, and have not fixed much of the bugs still existent in the content at hand. They have also cancelled ALL future Profession content for a time that looks to be a minimum of at least 6 months.

Now they are offering you a booster pack which is based off a "forced" marketing strategy. Do you understand why its called "forced" marketing? Well here's the deal. This booster pack is suggested as something people do not need to buy if they don't want to. But, how many guilds are going to buy the booster pack? How many guild members within those guilds feel as if by not buying the booster pack they are not current with their guild standing.

To add even more insult to the marketing ploy, what happens to those guilds whose members (say 75%) refuse to buy the booster pack? Does that take away the factoring in for "building" towers and how many "skill points" are given to guild members that have booster packs?

The simple fact of the matter is that people within guilds will feel they have to buy the pack in order to compete with other guilds and in order to be current with thier own guild.

This type of underhanded "forced" marketing and the distrust of Funcom itself for many sad facts that have been forced to the front by them time and time again, makes me say it once more.

"DO NOT BUY THE BOOSTER PACK!"

Great.. take your own advice and shut the _ up.

Jesus.

*AHEM*

Once more, I say this:

You need to support the company that's trying to support your gameplay, whether or not they are in financial straits.
    If Funcom doesn't have the necessary funds to produce the things YOU want, and you refuse to support them in the things they *can* give you, how do you expect them to make that money? The money that's needed to give you, the customer, the stuff you want?

Personally, I'm *glad* they put back Shadowlands. I would rather have it delayed and less buggy then to have it put out "on time" with tons of annoying bugs.

I for one, WILL buy the booster pack. I'm not rolling in money, and between my husband and I we have tons of other gaming addictions that we spend our money on. Not that we always have the money we spend.

I would rather GIVE Funcom my money, and by choosing to buy the booster pack that's what I am doing, they aren't forcing me or you to buy anything; then to have them go under with no more AO for us, or really bad AO under a different company.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Why should we PAY for a booster pack while the game is still infested with bugs? Fix the existing bugs before launching anything else!

to prove my point im gonna list a few of the bugs I encounter on a daily basis.

Vehicle scaling bug
    Battle suit scaling bug
    Battle suit Weapon visibility and animation
    Battle suit Skin texture bug
    Tank armor Shoulderpad position bug
    Decranum MK1 helmet, Shades of lub. and White sack mesh bug
    1000 Token Board missing stat
    Mob Shooting while casting
    Mob Shooting through walls
    Mob Shooting after death
    Mob unaffected by skill drains
    Mob unaffected by calms in special situations
    Team healthbar not showing correctly
    Pet pathing
    Pets not responding in some situations
    Invalid mission keys
    "Accept mission" bug
    Client/Server time not in sync
    Buff timeout bug
    Weapon recharge bug

Bottomline... why should we pay for a patch when the game is not even relatively bugfree. Now... If i had more faith in FC i wouldnt mind too much but with all the ugly stunts they have pulled in the last year im just not going to sit back and say ok ill buy your booster pack.
    If we buy this booster pack we will have to pay for Guildhousing, future content patches, Static dungeons like Smugglers den, Profession balance patches and eventually "Item boosters"... im sure you get the picture. I was reading one of Drabins posts where Gaute said that they didnt know how guild housing would be introduced so ill bet 100 mill credits that we have to pay for that too. So if a guildleader buys the housing booster ( lol ) only the members that has the booster will be able to access the guildhouse... my point is that those that can afford all these "boosters" will have an unfair advantage over those with less cash to spend on computergames etc.
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

Re: I would encourage those of you to not buy the Booster Pack

Originally posted by Drabin

There are many reasons for stating this but I'm going to do a few things here.

First, the concept of land ownership and the "capture the flag" scenarios were promised as a normal patch and the fact that they are trying to charge you for this content shows that something is a little fishy here.

They weren't. And if they were show me proof. It wasn't even promised, all they told us was 'not before summer'.
    Charging for content isn't fishy in my opinion. You pay for extra's with everything, same with games.

Funcom has cancelled its projects - no sequel to TLJ, no more x-box production, no more Midgaard. They fired many employes in 3 different locations including all of the Midgaard staff and coders, all of the "creative" people that work to influence and offer storyline motivation in Anarchy Online. They have now thrust all of their attention and money into Anarchy Online. Why?

Does this question have anything to do with what you're trying to say ? Anyways, my guess is that people like you scare customers away so that Funcom has do drop some projects to survive. Thanks.

Because its falling and falling fast. This is their meat and bread and if it fails, then many of the ideas they had for the future fails. The simple fact is they have mis-managed the game, failed to hold true on promise after promise, and have not fixed much of the bugs still existent in the content at hand. They have also cancelled ALL future Profession content for a time that looks to be a minimum of at least 6 months.

Yup if it fails they have a problem. You're not helping btw.

Now they are offering you a booster pack which is based off a "forced" marketing strategy. Do you understand why its called "forced" marketing? Well here's the deal. This booster pack is suggested as something people do not need to buy if they don't want to. But, how many guilds are going to buy the booster pack? How many guild members within those guilds feel as if by not buying the booster pack they are not current with their guild standing.

If this affects your standing in a guild, go to a different guild. If power is more important than friendship...

To add even more insult to the marketing ploy, what happens to those guilds whose members (say 75%) refuse to buy the booster pack? Does that take away the factoring in for "building" towers and how many "skill points" are given to guild members that have booster packs?

If the people who want to fight are in the minority, I guess they'll go to a guild that does want to control land. There's nothing to stop you from leaving a guild if you don't fit in. This is team based combat. 25% of a guild trying to defend their land doesn't work.

The simple fact of the matter is that people within guilds will feel they have to buy the pack in order to compete with other guilds and in order to be current with thier own guild.

There is no reason to feel that. If you don't want to control land, don't. If you do, go ahead and buy the pack. Also be aware that you only have to pay if you want to build. You can still defend what your guild has built even if you don't have the pack. They could have done this differently, don't you think ? They could have forced you to buy it if you want to defend as well.

This type of underhanded "forced" marketing and the distrust of Funcom itself for many sad facts that have been forced to the front by them time and time again, makes me say it once more.

And I don't need you to force your short-sighted opinion on me anyways. Expansions, small or large, are part of online games, they are needed to keep the game alive.

It's people like you why Funcom doesn't release patch notes until they're 300% sure of what's going in. People like you why the 'envisioned' section has been removed. They mention they might be working on something, somewhere in the future and people will yell 'You promised! And for free!'. Many thanks.

just gona say that i'll buy the booster pack. =p hehe Doesnt hurt me to much and i never really see we were promised this.. only feature's that MAY come in to the game and they didnt say this wanst chargable... Bug fixer SHALL come in patches that is free along with the game but however i see this as a add-on and new genre type of style play. =/
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Thumbs up

As Ruthie said I like AO, sure it has its bugs and glitches but that isnt any big problem for me, it do annoys me that they (FC) are so slow with proffesion/breed fixes and I cant really understand why they put manpower and money into this first....

But since I like this game I support this game, BUT im not sure if im gonna buy this booster... why? well becuse I dont pvp...

But then again they said improved graphics and sound (or something like that) so here is my money FC

And if you dont think this game is worth your money Drabin, then just cancel your account and take your game disc and trow it out the window or stick it were the sun dont shine....
    Big TJ Thompon
    Advisor of Jobe
    "If I knew The Way I go Back Home"

Zerpenter: Pet pathing has improved. The /pet behind command now pretty much yanks them too you. Which is helpful when your pet's stuck in the middle of a table or something.

Also, it's my understanding that they have two seperate teams. One for bug fixing and the other for storyline and content.

Another thing, are you sure they know about all the bugs you've listed? They may not. So why don't you report them?
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

I'm not planning on purchasing this, but not because I'm outraged that they worked on it, or are going to charge for it, or any other thing like that.

I'm not buying it because I'm not interested in PvP, and that appears to be the main thrust. While I wouldn't mind improved graphics and sound, I'm not unhappy with how my graphics and sound are now, either. I would have been perfectly happy to pay for the booster, though, if it had contents of interest to me.

If you don't want to buy the boosterpack, so be it. Its not required. But starting posts all over the board trying to prevent others to buy is in my opinion pretty silly.

If McDonalds introduce a new burger I don't like I don't run around and scream "DON'T BUY!!!!". I simply just don't buy it, because its my choice. Respect people here also have choices.
    ~Lone

I'm not interested in PVP at all, and sort of see what he is saying and understand his PoV on it, but will buy it anyway -- if I can download it.

The money is nothing. If they want to charge for it*shrug*its fine with me.

It sounds like a good pat...err booster, and worth the $19.95 or whatever easily.

Though, if they start implementing class/breed fixes in pay-for boosters that'd be a bit lame, I think. Would buy them anyway though. LoL

I saw Drabin said VI had a solid CS, and was sort of making them out to be the good guys, and FC evil.

In my opinion thats horribly false, FC is infintely better as a company than VI when it comes to CS, gameplay, and content.

VI shoots patches out of every orafice quicker, that is the only thing they have on FC. Though, one patch from VI=3 sequential patch fixes. (I.e download one patch, its live for an hour, download a patch for the patch, then a patch for the patches' patch.

FC/AO is still much better, and will always be.

Though please, give Eng/NT/Soldier and Atrox some patch love.

Originally posted by Yout
    Though please, give Eng/NT/Soldier and Atrox some patch love. [/B]
    Amen
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

LOL

Drabin, I think you are living in Dreamland or Fantasyland.

Don't buy it if you don't want it.

I don't know if I'll buy it or not. I'll wait and see what it actually has. I'm certainly not swayed in the least little bit by your ridiculous crusade. It sounds interesting though, and I am certainly open to purchasing it.

I agree with others it is rather silly for you to get a bullhorn out on this issue. You really need to grow up. Do your parents know you post that way? And if so, do they really endorse your behavior? Or are they simply letting you run this up the flagpole so you can learn what kind of salute you get?

Please don't tell me you are older and out on your own. Please don't! I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Don't mess that up!

Martek

Zerpenter: Pet pathing has improved. The /pet behind command now pretty much yanks them too you. Which is helpful when your pet's stuck in the middle of a table or something.

L-O-L......

that has got to be a joke right?

I mean... Pet pathing is worse than ever.. maybe the engy/crat pets do ok (I see Engy pets warp far more refquently than my own Demon and Belamorte)
    The MP pets get stuck ALL the damn time... hell i'm impressed if they can follow me through 3 rooms! and if they get stuck and i hit my /pet behind or /pet follow button i get "Invalid petcommand" 80% of the time because at my lvl teams more so fast. the last 20% of the time i get no response at all from the pets because they dont think they are stuck and just keep on running into the wall next to the door!

So no the pathing is not better... i havent used my pets for 40 levels now because they are utterly USELESS for anything but the boss room and even there they are basicly pointless to summon because almost any MA/Soldier/Enforcer can tank a boss if they have a doctor healing them.
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

DO NOT EAT AT McDONALD'S!!!

I encourage you all to not eat at McDonald's. They are charging us money for extra cheese, supersize fries, and soda refills when these things should have been included in the combo in the first place!!! They are forcing us to pay for these things if we are to have the best fast-food experience!!

Not to mention the fact that after YEARS they have still not fixed the following bugs:

- wilty lettuce
    - stale buns
    - too much ice in the soda
    - napkins are too thin
    - Happy Meal toys break too easily
    - no chocolate ice cream
    - luke warm cheeseburgers
    - dry tasteless hamburger patties
    - fries are too salty
    - they nerfed the McDLT... bring back the McDLT!!!

These are all braindead easy fixes to make and still McDonald's does not fix them. THEY SUCK. McDonald's makes billions of dollars and still they ask for more for things that should be free.

McDonald's promised us HAPPY meals, and I am NOT happy. DON'T BUY McDONALD'S!!!
    Last edited by Drusillus; Aug 17th, 2002 at 15:07:09.
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Originally posted by Noer
    If you don't want to buy the boosterpack, so be it. Its not required. But starting posts all over the board trying to prevent others to buy is in my opinion pretty silly.
    And posting back to the person because you have a problem with the way they want to do things is, well is in my opinion pretty silly also, he has his right, as long as he sticks to the board it belongs in, and this is where it belongs. And if someone happends to read it and think he has valid points, and sways their decision to buy the booster pack, I say good for him.

And if you think its so silly for him to post, why did you, just adding more fuel to the fire, woot think i burnt my marshmellows.
    Ryokucha First Gimped Novice 220 Adv.... Leets are people too!!!
    Ryokibin 220 MA - Dreams are short, but nightmares last forever...
    Ryochi 215 doc - Just another gimped healpet! :P
    Ryomeiji 205 MP - Healpet/Dmg pet/mezpet, what more could a girl ever want? MORE!
    Ryosekushi 213 Trader - Huh?!? Who?!? What?!? ahhhh...

Eternal Fury Forums

Originally posted by Nyderach

Great.. take your own advice and shut the _ up.

Jesus.

LOL... another intelligent, well thought-out post on why I should buy the booster. You've totally changed my opinion from Drabin's dull, poorly conceived post about lies and forced marketting, by telling him to shut the ___ up. Thank you for your insight.

Let's just say that no one bought the Booster Pack, but Funcom had shipped it out. Im thinking that would definately send them into a financial crisis. So what im getting at is, what would all of that accomplish, other than Funcom shutting down AO for lack of fund's....Just a thought...
    Last edited by Arkale; Aug 17th, 2002 at 19:23:46.

Originally posted by Arkale
    Let's just say that no one bought the Booster Pack, but Funcom had shipped it out. Im thinking that would definately send them into a financial crisis. So what im getting at is, what would all of that accomplish, other than Funcom shutting down AO for lack of fund's....Just a thought...
    Forgive my negativity.

But it will prolly start having bigger problems around oo say Xmas time?

I think everyone knows that the majority of the current customers of most MMORPGs out there now, will leave for another big awaited game thats going to be released this Xmas.

I know alot say .. Ooo im not gonna buy it, but alot who dont say anything , will be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast