Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you 'Overtune' Tank Armor?

Question How do you 'Overtune' Tank Armor?

I've been told different things evertime I ask this. First I was told that all you need are a scewdriver and B&E skills. Then by another person I was told you need a screwdiver, hacking tool, B&E skills, and be a fixer or engineer. By another person I was told that you need a recipe from the fixer shop in Borealis to see what you need to do this. As you can see I'm ver confused at to what to believe. I just need to know because I would love for the % Add Nano Cost to go away. Thank you for the help.

*P.S. just for those that don't know, B&E stands for Breaking & Entering

EASY!

Uh.... overtuning tank armor. WELL! It's pretty frigging easy, actually. Don't know how to do it offhand. But it requires no skill and only one cheap item.

I'd be happy to overtune any tank armor on RK1 for nothing but the cost of the materials. Tips welcome. If you need this done, send a /tell to Ofos ingame.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

BTW what item do you need?

dsf

WTF WTF WTF.

I said I didn't know offhand, and still you ask. Nothing has changed. I still don't know offhand. The instruction for it are in the Fixer shop.

By the way, make a mental note: OVERTUNED TANK ARMOR ONLY LASTS FOR 12 HOURS INGAME. Just do you don't get confused when it goes bye bye.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

It requires skill, I think it's B&E and QFT...forgot to take the damn numbers But i think I needed like 450BE and 250 QFT for a QL 200 Tank. You only need to click on the tank with a "Neutron Displacer" QL 25%+ of Tank's QL....correct me if i'm wrong regarding numbers.

Overtuning tank armour is dead easy, I do it myself for my doc, I think overtuning ql130ish tank takes something like 120 elec engineering and a neutron displacer.

Its also 48 played hours before it disintegrates, by which time you're well above the level where you might even consider wearing that piece of tank. And as far as I can tell, tank armour doesn't sell for much anyway (the normal stuff anyway).

I really recommend overtuning tank armour, the removal of nano penalties apart from a little nano init is a real bonus.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Remember it eats the neutron displacer!!!!

(it ate my q200 displacer that cost me over 2M (pre patch price). Lucky the costs of displacers have been hacked down to dirt cheap)

It does take Field Quantum Technology and another skill I forget (I am positive on the FQT tho).

It eats the displacer, and lasts for 48 hours, then the tank goes poof

Ok got more info to my previous post. You need 2.5*QL B&E, 1.0*QL QFT and a "Neutron Displacer" QL 50% of the Tank's QL to overtune it.

Thanks for the help, I have a lot of tank armor so I can spare one to overtune.

Unhappy

Blah, get albrecht.

Same requirements, same ql spawn ranges (100-200) better bonuses esp. at high end.

It'd be nice if having to replace your armor every few days would actually make it better than any somewhat common armor type.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Aug 16th, 2002 at 23:35:26.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Albrech is expensive.

I've never needed to replace my tank armour on account of it disintegrating, I've replaced it cause I've grown out of it. 48 played hours (with that character) is a long time.

BTW can anyone confirm that the armour actually melts?

I checked my inv and found an old piece of overtuned tank that should have melted ages ago.

Not sure that it does melt.....

Arrow

By the time you need albrecht its fairly cheap and common. Don't team with ninjas perhaps, drops every couple boss mobs.

48 hours isn't that long for many

Putting on 200 albrecht or tank is a pain for all breeds except atrox, unless your implants are poorly laid out (stamina blocks things much more useful) or you enjoy swapping them all the time.

Don't want to get in a protacted argument about this, but I see albrech selling for fairly large sums on the market, and it's only ever been listed as boss loot once in all the time I've been doing team missions. Although I'm not ruling out the possibility that I team with ninjas 99% of the time.

I'm sure in 48 played hours, most people go up quite a few levels, and as I said, I'm not even convinced that overtuned tank does disintegrate at the moment.

I don't understand why you're so down on overtuned tank, mercatura.

Albrecht is visually bugged on females. I use Overtuned High-Quality Heavy Omni-Tek Tank Armor for stats and good looks.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; Aug 20th, 2002 at 12:20:47.
    ~Lone

Albrecht is visually bugged on females.

Meaning it only shows up on shoulders? I was rather annoyed by that. My poor shoulders are crowded as is with Pads of Will, Clan Shoulderpads for the Veracious, and now Albrecht tank armor that only shows up as red shoulder pads. Ugh. I was hoping to have this nice red tank armor, so I look big and tough.

Hope this bug gets fixed.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Albrecht doesn't show up on shoulders of my male solie *shrug*

The bonuses on Albrecht pre-QL 150 or so are pretty insignificant. I use overtuned on alts because 1. it's plentiful and 2. it has no disadvantages, period.

Arrow

I saw an X-3 go for 15m last night, but theres a sucker born every minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast