Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you like cheese with your whine?

Originally posted by Borrace

good game (kinda), bad company (definately).
    Game is the Result of Funcom's efforts...

The economy is the result of exploiters efforts... when exploits don't get reported, they can't get fixed... in any programming there is loopholes.. if there weren't then hackers wouldn't exist. So you should be complaining about the players who ruined the game, not the company they created the (kinda) good game.

please give me 5 examples of player ideas that have made it into the game. in fact, i challenge you to find 1.
    hmmm this isn't too hard, so here goes:

#1 the repressor
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ighlight=aggro

Originally posted by Eleetist
    1) Aimed shot, although I must be concealed to get off an aimed shot, and Aimed shot immediately moves me up to the top of a monsters hate list, even when I team with an enforcer using mongo. I would like to see concealment ability in some way affect the likelihood of being aggroed in battle. But mainly I would like to see the Aimed shot not cause insta-aggro. I think Aimed Shot damage should not be viewed similarly as other damage in terms of the hate list. Or else I'd like to see some aggro de-ehancers that can be used by support personel in a group. I like variety, but variety is not knowing I am dead if I get off a good shot. Anytime I hit a 3-7k aimed shot I get aggro and no one can ever pull aggro back. Last night the aggro resulted in me getting hit for 1k in three consequetive hits. Sending me to the reclaim and making sure I would not even bother to try and use aimed shot the rest of the night in my team. With the Agents Dark Blue body dev, there is no way we can tank... and Aimed shot is efficiently making us do that.
    #2 Stigma Poison Damage
    http://www.dunjonstompers.com/agent/...ghlight=stigma

From tekkor on AgentSector
    To: Cz

One very small and minor item. This is one of those things that has always
    made agents kinda confused and it would probably be a 2 minute change on
    your end in a object database or something and would probably please a few
    agents here and there.

Can you guys change the Stigma rifles to be Poison damage instead of
    Projectile damage please. Here is your very own description on the rifle:

"The Stigma Rifle is a well known rifle, as it is outlawed in most areas of
    the galaxy. It fires a small stream of poisonous gas, flaring up on impact."

It says poisonous gas in the description. When it fires it fires a greenish
    stream unlike any other rifles I know. It would just make sense for this to
    do poison damage instead of projectile.

#3 Land Capturing and Forts
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...land+capturing

Originally posted by Nikkidial
    My first change would to make bases in every zone a small area about the size of an arena that needs to be defended. It should be 0% gas. Once an hour the people withen those boundaries should get an EXP and Token reward divided equally among those there. Have it give enough to give 2 full teams the equivilant of what 2 full teams would get in a mission if they where a solid 160ish team, which means about 3-4 mill an hour each. Base the tokens on two teams of 3 tokens each. Anyone withen the zone that is in a Yalmaha, or Flying cannot recieve this reward. 10% caps do not count toward these Exp Rewards. Timer cant start until 2 hours after any restart. These zones should be added one at a time so as not to put too many in at once. Starting with a base of 5 zones like this. 2 clan, 2omni, 1 nuetral territories is how they should be distributed at first. You must be level 75+ to recieve any kind of reward. Hmmm maybe 1 omni and 1 clan should be level 75 and below also, but the rewards should be toned down on those. Maybe even an indoor play area to help set many of these rules inplace without too much programming. Just have it look like an outdoor area. If indoors then this area should be far enough from a reclaim to stop people from making continual dashes to try and get free exp and tokens. Also their should be a very small 100% zone right at the beginning of zone, but the zone should be big enough so this couldnt be just a zone jumping battle but rather something far enough away from battle that it wouldnt matter.

I can easily find more... if you are aware of what players were primary in helping implement ideas and are aware of all the changes that have happened since release it is easy to know that players have had a pretty big impact on things we have seen in game and things that have been added to game.

However, I doubt they'd take many of your posts seriously seeing as how when I searched your name I got a long, long, long list of I hate funcom threads. You've even stated that you hate funcom and you hate the game, but the only reason you play is because you have friends in game... that's cool.... but why do you torment yourself reading the forums and posting hate messages when you don't even like the game? You obviously aren't coming on here to chat with your friends.

4. Threads like this one are people simply whining about how other people are taking up "their" board space, and are more useless than the people who actually have problems with the game or the company.
    Mmm.. not really. Because in making the same repetitive (and often questionable) complaint over and over... by droning on and on with the same cliched complaints, boards get so filled p with garbage that they're almost unuseable.

They get filled with 3 million identical pieces of whiney drivel.

I'd feel the same way if the place was filled with "i luv func0m tehy r teh kewl!!" threads. After awhile, it stops being worthwhile, and starts becoming spam pollution.

Originally posted by Admirable

However, I doubt they'd take many of your posts seriously seeing as how when I searched your name I got a long, long, long list of I hate funcom threads. You've even stated that you hate funcom and you hate the game, but the only reason you play is because you have friends in game... that's cool.... but why do you torment yourself reading the forums and posting hate messages when you don't even like the game? You obviously aren't coming on here to chat with your friends.
    well well well...if this isn't the most arrogant thing i've heard in a long time.

i'm sure you've read all 500 of my posts and have analyzed them all as to what suggestions i've made, and what suggestions dozens if not hundres of others have agreed with me on.

it wasn't until after the months of posting suggestions, and constructive critisms to funcom and its staff...and the months and months of being ignored...and the patch after patch that never seemed to address any of the concerns that addressed my profession that i became cynical.

then, when funcom finally announces new things that will supposedly "fix" my profession, they are bugged...or contrary to the very nature of the profession (a la forcing an adventuer, the solo player by nature, to group in order to get "fix" nanos).

so please...go back....read all 500+ of my posts. if only 10% of them meet your approval of having something worthwhile to discuss...that's more than 50 posts that have been ignored. however, you'll discover that although i probably have hundreds of posts pointing out all the bad things about funcom, i also have hundreds making suggestions on how to improve the situation as far as customer support, story line ideas, items, and profession balance.

don't pretend to know what i've written in the passed, simply because you have seen what i've written lately. you can't.

------------EDIT--------------------

furthermore, i don't believe i ever stated that i hated the game. i stated that having met the people i know in the game is a contributing factor to why i enjoy the game.

lying about what i've stated in the past, or lying about what anyone says is dubious. please don't lie about me anymore. thank you.
    Last edited by Borrace; Aug 16th, 2002 at 22:34:20.

well well well...if this isn't the most arrogant thing i've heard in a long time.

i'm sure you've read all 500 of my posts and have analyzed them all as to what suggestions i've made, and what suggestions dozens if not hundres of others have agreed with me on.

it wasn't until after the months of posting suggestions, and constructive critisms to funcom and its staff...and the months and months of being ignored...and the patch after patch that never seemed to address any of the concerns that addressed my profession that i became cynical.

then, when funcom finally announces new things that will supposedly "fix" my profession, they are bugged...or contrary to the very nature of the profession (a la forcing an adventuer, the solo player by nature, to group in order to get "fix" nanos).

so please...go back....read all 500+ of my posts. if only 10% of them meet your approval of having something worthwhile to discuss...that's more than 50 posts that have been ignored. however, you'll discover that although i probably have hundreds of posts pointing out all the bad things about funcom, i also have hundreds making suggestions on how to improve the situation as far as customer support, story line ideas, items, and profession balance.

don't pretend to know what i've written in the passed, simply because you have seen what i've written lately. you can't.

furthermore, i don't believe i ever stated that i hated the game. i stated that having met the people i know in the game is a contributing factor to why i enjoy the game.

lying about what i've stated in the past, or lying about what anyone says is dubious. please don't lie about me anymore. thank you.
    No what you've stated is you pretty much hate the people that develop for the game and hate the people that support it. That'll make them listen to you

Kinda reminds me of a buddy of mine that called me one night from jail to bail him out.

Me: Why are you in jail?
    Him: I told a cop he was a stupid pig.
    Me: Why are you in jail and not the hospital getting a nightstick surgically removed from your butt?
    Him:...You're not bailing me out, huh?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Getting back on topic, I couldn't agree with you more Hemicuda. As a matter of fact, I was just about to write my own thread along the same lines. Thanks for saving me the trouble! If someone is no longer enjoying the game, why expend all that energy listing the manifold reasons for your dissatisfaction.

Just leave.

That person and everyone else in the game will be much happier as a consequence.
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

I don't need to read all of them, sice many of them (like this post) are repetitive posts... it's not like you've posted 500 threads..

here we go again... here is a few snippets from your posts

Your second and third posts under the new forums (first was RPing)
    "funcom...why fix one and ignore the other???"

ok and here is my FAVORITE!!!!

your 7th post on the new boards only 4 days after you registered on them: "Why even bother?"
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...p?threadid=497

Why bother with new boards? Funcom still doesn't read or respond to them.

Advents have been writing the same thing about pistols for months now, and not a single response.

Maybe they compartamentalized all the professions so it's easier for them to know which posts to ignore???

Cz...Cosmik...both of you are guilty.

A single post giving funcom's position is all we asked for. We haven't gotten one, and won't get one.

This won't even be read by anyone at funcom. This will only be read by the same people who have attempted to make a difference in this blunderfuk that funcom created.

I can't wait til shadowbane comes out...i know i have a while, but i can't wait!

anyways...i'm sticking with AO until something better comes along, but i'm not counting on funcom to do anything right.

first they introduce a product that doesn't work.
    then, they take two months to get the product quasi-functional.
    then, then introduce "fixes" that screw up the game even more.
    they ignore their product testers to release the screwedup fix.
    they ignore the player-base playing their game.
    we pay them, they do crap.
    they story is non-existant, and so are events.
    the pvp is all cocked up.
    the missions are all cocked up.
    the pvm is all cocked up (a la the take it easy crap).
    they create a pistol using class but make pistols terrible.
    they take the only viable pistol out of the game.
    they nerf the entire pistol series (a la the multirange nerf).

personally, i think maybe the people at funcom are retarded. honestly. i think they may have serious mental deficiencies...not any particular individual, but the whole lot of them collectively.

i think that perhaps, upon being employed by funcom, every employee gets a company sponsored labodomy or something like that. perhaps it goes something like this:

Funcom: Welcome to Funcom, your hired!
    /take nail to new employee's head

anyways...advents are just going to be how we are. if they haven't read what we've posted over the past 2 months, they aren't going to. and if they have read it...they haven't responded because they don't give a *****.

that's all folks.

so please...go back....read all 500+ of my posts. if only 10% of them meet your approval of having something worthwhile to discuss...

The Proof is in the pudding...

What I meant is that you hate the way this game is run... in that respect you hate the game, because you want more

How about this one for your tenth post under the new boards:
    "how about you people at funcom get off your butts and start responding to board posts?

that would be a wonderful change!"

You've cursed Funcom's name so much... it's crazy... and to act like once upon a time you were actually give positive advice to them??

Somehow if anyone from Funcom reads your 7th post on the new forums (the forums which contain your 500+ posts) I don't think they'd bother ever even trying to listen to you anymore... and by the way.. I'll repeat your quote again

Originally Posted by Borrace
    personally, i think maybe the people at funcom are retarded. honestly. i think they may have serious mental deficiencies...not any particular individual, but the whole lot of them collectively.

So tell me after at least three of your first 10 posts look like this.. and mainly 3 of your first 7 threads you started.. and this is during the period that you were just wonderfully handing out the
    "months of posting suggestions, and constructive critisms to funcom and its staff".... Kinda of funny... looked to me like you made it 4 days. Your first post was on Nov. 15th and the last I mentioned was on Nov. 19th...

lying about what anyone says is dubious
    so how about lying about what you've said?

1. take a look at the LIST of things that were addressed as broken...none are fixed.

2. there was a complete board wipe after months of ignored posts...you can't possibly know all the suggestions, requests, complaints, and questions that went unanswered.

It is absolutely undeniable that i have a particular distaste for how funcom has conducted its business affairs, has bungled customer support, and continues to fail to communicate with its playerbase, fulfill promises, or fix bugs that have existed since pre-release. However, that doesn't change the fact that there are hundreds of *MY* posts with suggestions for story lines, items, profession changes, and player balance...which have had numerous responsive posts with additional ideas that have *NEVER* been responded to or looked at, let alone implemented.

This is the same for me...and probably 90% of the posters on this board. And for some idiot to say that I've never made constructive ideas is both foolish and wrong.

The fact is that if you go on the adventurer boards, and look at ALL the suggestions made by different advents...almost none have been addressed. Our "love patch" was shadow of what we were promised, and the pistol problems and multi ranged problems continue to persist.

If funcom doesn't want to live up to its promises, fine. But I'll point out every promise they break, and every screw up they make. If for no other reason than to piss of fanboys like yourselves. God knows funcom is either unaware, or doesn't give a crap that they screw over they're players on a monthly basis.

One day SWG shall come out...and we'll see how that works. One day Shadowbane shall come out...and we'll see how that works.
    One day The Matrix will come out...and hopefully that will be great.

Right now...AO is the only thing that resembles what I want in a MMORPG...but it SUCKS that Funcom is run the way it is.

So go ahead and bash "whiners." I think its funny. Better yet, continue to bury your head in the dirt and pretend that Funcom is a great company doing a wonderful job. Pretend that it makes promises that it never intends on keeping. Pretend there is an ingame storyline which we directly effect. Pretend there is a character generated mission system, or balance among the professions exists. Pretend that there aren't bugs that have persisted since pre-release.

The most fantasy that exists surrounding this game is the fantasy that rattles around in the empty heads of Funcom supporters who think that this company has done no wrong.

If 14.5 and 14.6 don't fix 90% of the bugs, professions, and balance issues...then I predict this game will lose half its playerbase.

I hope you enjoy your non existant storyline, F'd up pvp system, and endless cycle of doing mission after mission. Personally, I want what I was promised when I purchased this game....and what we have now isn't even close.

And keep enjoying your fantasies of thinking Funcom actually gives a crap what the playerbase wants. It only took the company over 2 months to answer the first set of questions sent to the company by the Advent professionals.

------EDIT-------

In addition, Funcom has addressed that they have been aware of certain bugs for over a year. The fact that it does nothing to fix any of the KNOWN problems speaks volumes for how this company treats its playerbase. The fact that Funcom has known since release that it didn't have the tools in place to actually have the ARKs or GMs be of some use other than to move someone when they are stuck in the wall, speaks volumes as to how Funcom feels about the playerbase.

My feelings about funcom are this.

It is a half-assed company, run by a bunch of people who got in over their heads and have no idea what they are doing. They released a game that didn't work, they promised a storyline that had no intention of delivering on, and continue to do the same mistakes over and over.

After the initial months of posting, and before the board wipe (which I forgot about, quite frankly) the only response I got was from Cosmik when I personally attacked him for not responding to any advent posts for 5-6 weeks. He actually responded to posts for 2 weeks after that post. (it should be noted that no moderators respond to the advent boards now).

Here's a suggestion to you....you don't have to read the insults hurled at funcom. If you don't like them, don't click the thread...don't respond to the thread...don't defend the company.

I post to let people know how *I* feel about how this company has treated me, and the many people who have left because of the terrible treatment. Maybe it will influence funcom to fix the game, maybe not. Maybe it will influence a potential subscriber about buying the game, maybe not. The point is...I don't care if it has any bearing on anything. This forum is available to me as a paying customer - and I'll come here to vent my frustrations over this game and idiotic company whenever I like, however I like, and as often as I like....

and if you don't like it...oh well.
    Last edited by Borrace; Aug 19th, 2002 at 16:38:07.

Originally posted by Skeena
    Getting back on topic, I couldn't agree with you more Hemicuda. As a matter of fact, I was just about to write my own thread along the same lines. Thanks for saving me the trouble! If someone is no longer enjoying the game, why expend all that energy listing the manifold reasons for your dissatisfaction.

Just leave.

That person and everyone else in the game will be much happier as a consequence.
    ...why? because your psychies are too fragile to read critism of your beloved company?

first off, do you realize that the mods don't spend much time on any of the proffesion boards or do you want special treatment for the adventurers...

secondly.. I guess it comes to this question... why do you play a game that you probably spend as much time on the message boards complaining about than playing... if there isn't a game that would be to your liking at the moment does that mean you have to play one that isn't?

Personally you just sound bitter, because you had your own vision of what you wanted in the game and everything didn't go your way.

Anyways... and finally... What makes you think you get a say in the company's decisions? You yell and rant on here about them not listening to you. Are you a stockholder? Are you on the board of directors? Do you even understand how a company works? Do you think even 25% of people that play the game regularly use the forums?

I've been in 5 guilds in my AO time and of each guild at least 75% of the people didn't use the forums. If Funcom only listens to people on the forums then they'd be ignoring 75% of the playerbase, so like any company Funcom has to make decisions that it feels are in the best interest of their goals... not your goals.

They have to make decisions about project management and how to allocate their programmers...

Remember it's just a game, it's not your life. If you are not having fun you don't have to play. If you think they are going to suddenly start listening to you after you think they haven't for over a year... then you are mistaken. If you think they aren't going to listen to you then you are on here wasting your breath, wasting your time, and wasting your life.

your right... we don't have to read your waste of breath, but in the end, we end coming across it when you start responding to our threads... so sure... we would completely ignore all of your posts if we could... but we have a right to read and post on the boards too, you just happen to respond to our threads to start a war and flame us for liking the game for what it is, A GAME!!!

What Demono said. In fact, exactly what Demono said!

...why? because your psychies are too fragile to read critism of your beloved company?
    Way to miss the point entirely! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

/ignore idiots

keep believing funcom has lived up to its promises and advertisements. bury your heads in the sand. think that funcom owes nothing to its customers. fine with me.

how about ignoring my posts if they bother you so much? you all seem extremely fragile, and i wouldn't want anyone to suffer an stroke or seisure from reading one of them.

have fun in your simple minded lives. but, this thread has lost all use to me. have fun with "your thread" and your mindless garbable about how you hate people that dislike how they're treated by a company.
    Last edited by Borrace; Aug 19th, 2002 at 21:07:40.

/ignore idiots

keep believing funcom has lived up to its promises and advertisements. bury your heads in the sand. think that funcom owes nothing to its customers. fine with me.

how about ignoring my posts if they bother you so much? you all seem extremely fragile, and i wouldn't want anyone to suffer an stroke or seisure from reading one of them.

have fun in your simple minded lives. but, this thread has lost all use to me. have fun with "your thread" and your mindless garbable about how you hate people that dislike how they're treated by a company.
    No Borrace, you have fun that fateful day you realize that no company on the planet has any responsibility to an individual like you. Or like me. Or a lot of people. Companies have responsibilities to everyone their services cater to. These forums are not the 'End all and be all' of the feedback Funcom receives on this game. There are people at AOVault's forums that refuse to have anything to do with these forums. There are people in game that have never heard of these forums.

Yours is NOT the only voice here. It will NOT be the only voice at SWG, Shadowbane, AC2, EQ2, Bigworld, Neocron, or any place you go. And the people that don't agree with you will NOT be idiots. People quite simply don't agree with you on your views. And a lot of people despise the way you say things, both if they did agree with you or not. Cause the way you say things is most likely to get EVERYONE ignored.

You are only a tiny, tiny voice in a sea of voices in a community like this. Your voice rings the loudest to you because your mouth is closest to your ears.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Listen closely, Grasshopper, for Kuroshio speaks with great wisdom ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12