Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: Unionist Press Release: Seizure of 4 Holes

FJRK: Unionist Press Release: Seizure of 4 Holes

FJRK – Breaking News
    May 30, 29480 - [Global]

The Unionist Clan released this short statement today as their forces moved in and seized the Omni-Tek outpost of 4 Holes:

“Today, three dozen brave Unionists supported by those sympathetic to our cause have taken control of the mining facility at 4 Holes. Given Omni-Tek’s ongoing policy of shipping notum off-world during this time of war and invasion we no longer felt that we could sit back and watch notum, our notum, be siphoned off to further swell the Omni-Tek coffers.

We have seized this facility in order to maintain a flow of notum to vital clan defences that are required to protect against the alien threat. Whilst we undertook this action without the consent or co-operation of the Council of Truth we hope that our fellow clans will begin negotiations with us shortly to ensure all the free clans will have the supplies of Notum they deserve.”

Unionist Field Marshal Erin Mileknia was not available for comment, but reports suggested that he was personally overseeing the 4 Holes occupation and several witnesses report seeing both him and other high ranking Unionist facilities inspecting the Mining equipment this morning under heavy bodyguard.

Can you say anything more about Aideen Landau? I love that trox.

Go Unionists!

Now that's surprising. Well done Unionists!
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

((wow! awesome, I am so looking forward to logging on tonight. Nice job Funcom!))

This is a very bold step by the Unionists, I expect Omni-Tek to hit back hard as I doubt they, and the galaxy, can afford to lose the revenue generated by the 4 holes notum mining facility especially given the other published news today.

May 30th, the day the proverbial hit?
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

((This is interesting...))

This is an outrage, and Omni-Tek shall strike back.

-Applauds as she begins- The Aethyr Knights are most pleased to see this action and applaud the Unionists for the motivations and execution.

[FC very nicely done]

Once again the Clans show they are adept at turning one mans misfortune into their success. Omni-Tek takes over Borealis, and the Unionist take 4-Holes. It seems both sides are gearing up, it just so happens to be that Borealis has the most important communications relay on the planet. The net gain would go to Omni-Tek in that reguard. It will be interesing to see how the Unionist fare against the Unicorn counter attack.
    May the sands wash away your sins

Quote Originally Posted by Belleraphon
    It will be interesing to see how the Unionist fare against the Unicorn counter attack.
    And it will be interesting to see if they can counter attack and keep ahold of Bore at the same time.

Great job Unionist's

[nice twist FC]
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Congratualtions. I hope you put forth the resources to hold it now. OT-RK certainly won't just sit back and let it pass.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Bad move...death and destruction lie ahead...

Or in the worlds of my old friend Tarryk...

DOOOOOOOM!!!

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I would request that Unionist Field Marshal Erin Mileknia release the OT civilians currently trapped in occupied territory. These are humble shopkeepers and merchants, hidden in their own store unable to leave lest they be shot down by Unionist guards. They pose no threat to the mighty Unionists. Please, let our people go.

In the meantime, my organisation, the South Rubi-Ka Society will be organising relief centres to collect food, drink and other essential supplies to be snet to the men and women of 4 Holes. Be brave, you are not forgotten!

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK
    FJRK – Breaking News
    May 30, 29480 - [Global]

Whilst we undertook this action without the consent or co-operation of the Council of Truth we hope that our fellow clans will begin negotiations with us shortly to ensure all the free clans will have the supplies of Notum they deserve.”
    And so dies the Council of Truth yet again.....

Negotiations regarding spreading the notum amongst the clans eh?? So they want to squeeze credits out of the "freedom fighting" brothers and sister do they??

If I was a clanner today I would weep. Weep and be ashamed of the Unionist statement....
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

An observer's point of view.

I observe, and am saddened.

Once more, clan goes against Clans to perpetrate violence, terrorism and crimes.

Then, once they acquire enough Notum, they begin to think themselves better than the others. They choose to ignore their own ruling council, to relegate them to early retirement, in order to seize power.

It will come as no surprise that clans 'willing' to partake in the 4-Hole notum will need to swear allegiance/frienship/obeisance to the Unionists, in one way or another. These Unionists will then disband the council of truth, and declare themselves Clanmaster. Perhaps an ICC Corporate Charter is in negociations for Unionists Inc, a division of Wescrewourfriends International ?

You sicken me. We of Omni-Tek are brutally honest in our dealings. We of Omni-Tek always compare our actions towards the stockholders' interests. You are simply thieves, thugs, and politicians. Apologies to thieves and thugs for putting you in the same sentence as politicians.

Omni-Tek is in legal control of Rubi-Ka. You are in violation of the Inter-planetary Corporate Charter. Surrender and we will be merciful.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    Once more, clan goes against Clans to perpetrate violence, terrorism and crimes.
    Actually this is another example of Omni-Tek ignoring things that do not suit them. While the unionist acted with out notifiying the CoT, in an emergancy session the CoT member clans supported the Unionist actions.

Also your claims that Omni dose things with brutal honusty, I cry Lies. Any group of people larger than 5 and politics will emerge. To have a mega corp the size of Omni tek and you will have politics.

During my time as an emplyee in OT I witnessed this several times. One project being chosen over another, not because it was better, but because one project leader was able to "find" incriminating evidence, point out "designe flaws" and quite frankly providing a hefty bribe, or damning blackmail to the person choosing between the projects. Being one of the people who was often asigned to "find" such things I can tell you that the actions of Omni, while brutal indeed, are far, very far, from being honust by any definition of the word.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Actually this is another example of Omni-Tek ignoring things that do not suit them. While the unionist acted with out notifiying the CoT, in an emergancy session the CoT member clans supported the Unionist actions.

Also your claims that Omni dose things with brutal honusty, I cry Lies. Any group of people larger than 5 and politics will emerge. To have a mega corp the size of Omni tek and you will have politics.
    The Council of truth decided to bend to the majority and agreed to support your invasion of 4 Holes? Your ruling council agreed to an act of war ? Interesting.

As for our motivation, it is brutally honest: Profits. We do not hide it. We do not pretend otherwise. We aim for the profit margin. We do not hide behind a so-called freedom ideology while secretly lining our pockets with notum. We do not sneakily invade areas and brutally murder the population and guards. We enter by the front door well announced and peacefully occupy our own land.

No innocent civilians were harmed in our occupation of Borealis. Can you dare to pretend the same about 4-Holes?

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CyertroniX Watches.

You have little room to be speaking about acts of war considering your actions in Borealis.

And as to the Unionist lining their pockets with notem, I challeng you to provide proff to your acusations.

No innocnet civilians were killed in your occupation of Borealis? Bronto dung. Plenty of the citizens of Borealis have died while attempting to defend and take back what is theirs and you have taken from them.

You have little room to be speaking about acts of war considering your actions in Borealis.

And as to the Unionist lining their pockets with notem, I challeng you to provide proff to your acusations.

No innocnet civilians were killed in your occupation of Borealis? Bronto dung. Plenty of the citizens of Borealis have died while attempting to defend and take back what is theirs and you have taken from them.
    Firstly, we peacefully took control of Borealis according to our rights in the ICC charter. It was not an act of agression that violated any prior non-agression pact, unlike your actions in 4-Holes.

Secondly, unless the notum you are stealing is being re-routed to Omni-Export, you are stealing it and thus lining yor pockets.

Thirdly, you should pay attention to definitions, so I have no need to repeat myself:

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX Prime
    Innocent: not guilty of any crimes
    Civilians: unarmed citizens untrained in the arts of war

No innocent civilians were harmed in the occupation of Borealis. Such occupation was widely broadcasted to avoid having to clean up clanner blood from the permacrete. Clanners choosing to enter Borealis made up their own choices: reclaim.

Rebellion against the rightful authority of the planet, namely Omni-Tek, is treason, and therefore a major crime. All clanners are guilty of it by choice.
    To my statement I add thus: All attacks against Omni-Tek personnel are considered combat situations, and our troops are authorised to return fire. In no single instance can you provide an innocent bystander who was accidently shot while doing nothing to trouble the peace. Finally the lands of Borealis belong to Omni-Tek by Law and ICC Decree, up to and until the lease is rescinded. The citizens were, and still are, welcome to reside peacefully in the city.

We are Omni-Tek. We rule Rubi-Ka. You were a worthy opponent. But you cannot deny truth.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Firstly, we peacefully took control of Borealis according to our rights in the ICC charter. It was not an act of agression that violated any prior non-agression pact, unlike your actions in 4-Holes.
    If you took peacefull control of the city then why is there still pockets of fighting and why send troops more skilled than the ones that defend Omni cities and combat the alien threat

Secondly, unless the notum you are stealing is being re-routed to Omni-Export, you are stealing it and thus lining yor pockets.
    I do not know the current plans for the notum.

Thirdly, you should pay attention to definitions, so I have no need to repeat myself:
    I am paying attention to definitions, I happen to keep a Dictonary on hand at all times, thus far none of yours match up with this commonly avalable mass marketed one.

To my statement I add thus: All attacks against Omni-Tek personnel are considered combat situations, and our troops are authorised to return fire. In no single instance can you provide an innocent bystander who was accidently shot while doing nothing to trouble the peace. Finally the lands of Borealis belong to Omni-Tek by Law and ICC Decree, up to and until the lease is rescinded. The citizens were, and still are, welcome to reside peacefully in the city.

We are Omni-Tek. We rule Rubi-Ka. You were a worthy opponent. But you cannot deny truth.
    No, all attacks against your occupation forces by Neutral people are a case of people being ground under you heal fighting back to defend what is theirs. You abandoned the city of Borealis decades ago, more than long enough for abandonment laws to come into effect that would allow anyone in possession of the property and items in question to claim owner ship of said things with out contest. If ICC had truely cared for the status of the neutral people as they claimed when they first put peace keepers on planet they would have pointed out this fact.

I think by "definitions" Jubbi's more likely referring to legalistic hairsplitting rather than commonly held definition. I'm beginning to suspect he's spent some time in the legal department, or whatever name Omni might assign to such a group. Note that 'Trouble the Peace' line there. Given the ambiguity of that phrase and the way it can be twisted around to fit pretty much any definition a so-called law enforcement officer wishes to make of it, he's just 'given' Omni-Tek rights to do pretty much anything they want to silence dissent of whatever variety they care to whenever they wish.

And I'm sure the commanders in-field are indeed given wide latitude to determine exactly what constitutes that 'trouble' on a case by case basis, technically giving them cover for any atrocity the Unicorn's care to commit. And of course in the event of something they can't cover up or explain away, they can just blame the commander on-scene and shield the corporation by relieving him of command and submitting the incident to Internal Affairs (or whatever you call it) and investigating until the interest fades and then conveniently forget it themselves, or maybe by submitting the officer to deep memory retrieval that just happens to burn out neurons that might be incriminating to his superiors if no one is willing to forget about the incident...
    Last edited by Hermiaa; Jun 5th, 2006 at 09:34:39.

If you took peacefull control of the city then why is there still pockets of fighting and why send troops more skilled than the ones that defend Omni cities and combat the alien threat
    Because we only need a handful to protect the city against Alien Invaders. If we wanted to take over the city, it would also be swarming with Omni-Pol and Omni-AF personnel. Strangely, I have just witnessed one of these pockets of fighting... led by two clanners, one of them a Unit Member of 'New Order'.

I do not know the current plans for the notum.
    And not knowing makes you clean ? Please. This tired line isnt even tried by mega-corps anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitshot
    I am paying attention to definitions, I happen to keep a Dictonary on hand at all times, thus far none of yours match up with this commonly avalable mass marketed one.
    Ah yes, the clanner dictionnary. Strangely, it matches no other in the known colonized galaxy. Maybe a thousand planets are wrong in their definitions, and yours is the only right copy in existance.

No, all attacks against your occupation forces by Neutral people are a case of people being ground under you heal fighting back to defend what is theirs. You abandoned the city of Borealis decades ago, more than long enough for abandonment laws to come into effect that would allow anyone in possession of the property and items in question to claim owner ship of said things with out contest. If ICC had truely cared for the status of the neutral people as they claimed when they first put peace keepers on planet they would have pointed out this fact.
    Read your law manuals. Abandonment laws cannot be effected on a planet under proprietary lease. Omni-Tek paid for it, Omni-Tek never ceded its rights to it, therefore it is Omni-Tek. ICC is just doing its job. You are just angry because reality and your desires clash. These so-called attacks on our security forces, when not lead by clanners, are simply tantrums thrown against the grown-ups

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    I'm beginning to suspect he's spent some time in the legal department, or whatever name Omni might assign to such a group. Note that 'Trouble the Peace' line there. Given the ambiguity of that phrase and the way it can be twisted around to fit pretty much any definition a so-called law enforcement officer wishes to make of it, he's just 'given' Omni-Tek rights to do pretty much anything they want to silence dissent of whatever variety they care to whenever they wish.
    Omni-Reform, actually. As to troubling the peace, please verify it in a dictionnary. Well, any one but Twistyshot's since his seems to have strangely differing ones. It means exactly that. Firing weapons, aiding criminals, kidnapping, that sort of misbehavior we like to call criminal.
    And please do not extrapolate on Omni-Tek military tactics and peace-keeping training. You are doing a terrible job of it.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast