Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Priority Omni-Tek Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz
    [OOC: That is exactly the problem. This invasion came without warning. It deposited an omni propaganda machine (I say machine, because he is invulnerable and surrounded by 4 unicorns) into the heart of the neutral travel system. It's like putting up a billboard for a stripclub right next to a school. Pissed off IC is one thing...Not allowing for the grab to fail is quite another...and if you can't understand why it's important for the players to have a say in RP that is FOR THEM, I am suprised why you even bother to RP.]
    ((Do you see other people quitting when the Legion pops out of no where and kills them? I have seen people put up with the whole of the Newland City Council, and the Borealis elections, and I don't remember once if the Neutral community was asked about it, from what I have gathered by those that pay a lot closer attentition to the Neutral politics is that a majority of Neutrals are opposed to the council.
    Not to mention that based on what I heard from the events team (which was posted in a log for the general public) is that such an attack would not be warned of. (while this city might not be as important it is worth a mention) Do you think omnies were told that 4-Holes was suddenly going to become a Clan territory. The fact is this whole situatition might suit one character, but the rest that I have more actively involved in RP got basically shafted by this move. IC, yes the actions taken are horrid, OCC this was a very birlliant move on FC's part, i have yet to think of any other single event that has had the community this much up in arms, or one that has gotten this many people to actually participate in some form of roleplay, nor have I seen one get this many people interested in why Omni-Tek would do this, and the whole relationship between Omni and Neutral relations that basically led to this whole thing happening.
    I was suprised at first when I read this whole thing before the servers went down yesterday morning, and now when I think about it the move makes perfect sense. As I said, if you want to quit when finally something has happened to actually create a much needed spark in this game then do so. Otherwise you can roll with it and do something IC to actually change it.
    Neutrals are not the only ones that had stuff to lose based on this move, Omni and Clan stand to lose as well.))
    May the sands wash away your sins

Quote Originally Posted by Praecautus

I scouted all of Borealis last night, there are no troops around the communications array, all Omni troops are within Borealis itself.
    Teally? I see almost no Omni troops within Borealis.

I do see an abundance of corpses, however.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    And yes, you will see Unicorns fighting or chasing Neutrals in the comming days. They will do so because that Neutral have attacked the Unicorn physically. The Unicorns have thick skin regarding insults and will not use physical force on Neutrals passing by. Saying something else is downright silly.
    Lies, I healed my friend which got brutally assaulted by the invaders of my home...
    And they turn around killing me.

i cant see how this is a needed ingame spark, i see it as "couldnt care less about the neut community"

many have mentioned that we might solve this with the actions of "In Characters"
    can any point out how? If the neuts will have to spend all theyre time in meaningless pvp for months to show what we mean, well then thanks and good bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    Teally? I see almost no Omni troops within Borealis.

I do see an abundance of corpses, however.
    I can't be held responsible for the accuracey of my information if people go slaughtering the targets of my scouting
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Jokkrates
    i cant see how this is a needed ingame spark, i see it as "couldnt care less about the neut community"

many have mentioned that we might solve this with the actions of "In Characters"
    can any point out how?!
    OOC: Conspiracies abound. Plans have been set in motion. No one can say how things will eventually work out, but "eventually is not five minutes from now, five days from now, or tomorrow. After all, there's some reason to believe his is related to news nearly two years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Belleraphon
    ((OCC this was a very birlliant move on FC's part, i have yet to think of any other single event that has had the community this much up in arms, or one that has gotten this many people to actually participate in some form of roleplay, nor have I seen one get this many people interested in why Omni-Tek would do this, and the whole relationship between Omni and Neutral relations that basically led to this whole thing happening.))
    OOC: Exactly! I haven't had this much fun or interest in the storyline since last year when Aliumz invaded OA from that huge ass mothership!

Bravo FC!

IC: These tactics do not surprise me at all. Ommers have never cared about the neutral point of view. They have always thought that neutrals were EMPLOYEES who only objected to their treatment of us in the rebel Clans. Truth be told, we are all employees of Omni-Tek, it's just that us in the Clans have chosen to rebel and fight these abusive, overbearing, control freaks. Neutrals have chosen to turn a blind eye to the suffering Omni-Tek has inflicted on their friends and family. While that is commendable with a "keeping the peace" mindset, they will eventually lose everything, because they object to nothing. If Omni-Tek can't CONTROL you, they will DESTROY you. We, of the Clans have rebelled for these reasons, is this not obvious? How much more unwarranted punishment from Omni-Tek are you neutrals going to take?

It should be noted, that just because you are clan doesn't mean you agree with Mr. Silverstone or his methods. That pompous jerk has led many of my fellow Clansmen to their deaths for no good reason. He's a menace, and it's his way or the highway. I say screw that, and screw him. Joining the Clans means dropping the yoke of Omni-Tek slavery and thinking for yourself. You are no longer a mindless Ommer spewing hateful rhetoric at anything you can't control. Omni-tek's version of freedom and protection is shackles.

You neutrals have tough decisions to make. Choose well, and good luck in making them.
    Last edited by Oroxus; May 31st, 2006 at 17:09:24.
    -Oroxus ~213 Supreme Creator Engineer, General of Lost Souls of Rimor.
    Evari r0x it hardcore.
    Terraxus
    - Keeper
    Roxxxytrades
    - Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    More than one Neutral have spoken FOR the Unicorns being in their city helping protect its lawfully abiding citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz
    Please point them out to me so I can...persuade them to see things my way...
    *Points to the freshly killed Unicorn* there's one..

Oh wait..

Oops my bad

*grins*
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Why are neutral parties crying? I seem to recall that certain parties of neutrals and the Omni's have become very cozy over the past couple of years to the extent of cooperating with them in many battle situations. Reap what you sow neutrals. Perhaps now you will make a choice to fight instead of playing both sides of the fence.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; May 31st, 2006 at 19:10:25.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Why are neutral parties crying? I seem to recall that certain parties of neutrals and the Omni's have become very cozy over the past couple of years to the extent of cooperating with them in many battle situations. Reap what you sew neutrals. Perhaps now you will make a choice to fight instead of playing both sides of the fence.
    So you wouldn't be crying if the Unicorns were in West Athen with no provocation from you?

Interesting...
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Why are neutral parties crying? I seem to recall that certain parties of neutrals and the Omni's have become very cozy over the past couple of years to the extent of cooperating with them in many battle situations. Reap what you sew neutrals. Perhaps now you will make a choice to fight instead of playing both sides of the fence.
    No because we would kick your arse out of here also if you tried to pull this cra.. stuff with us..

We are neutral intil you mess with us..

Then your dead..

any questions?

There is a difference. I have always been at war becuase I understand the nature of Omni-Tek. A shame it has taken the loss of control of the neutral city to spurn outrage. Now perhaps the neutrals will understand the folly of getting all chummy with Omni-Tek.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Belleraphon
    ((Do you see other people quitting when the Legion pops out of no where and kills them? I have seen people put up with the whole of the Newland City Council, and the Borealis elections, and I don't remember once if the Neutral community was asked about it, from what I have gathered by those that pay a lot closer attentition to the Neutral politics is that a majority of Neutrals are opposed to the council.
    Not to mention that based on what I heard from the events team (which was posted in a log for the general public) is that such an attack would not be warned of. (while this city might not be as important it is worth a mention) Do you think omnies were told that 4-Holes was suddenly going to become a Clan territory. The fact is this whole situatition might suit one character, but the rest that I have more actively involved in RP got basically shafted by this move. IC, yes the actions taken are horrid, OCC this was a very birlliant move on FC's part, i have yet to think of any other single event that has had the community this much up in arms, or one that has gotten this many people to actually participate in some form of roleplay, nor have I seen one get this many people interested in why Omni-Tek would do this, and the whole relationship between Omni and Neutral relations that basically led to this whole thing happening.
    I was suprised at first when I read this whole thing before the servers went down yesterday morning, and now when I think about it the move makes perfect sense. As I said, if you want to quit when finally something has happened to actually create a much needed spark in this game then do so. Otherwise you can roll with it and do something IC to actually change it.
    Neutrals are not the only ones that had stuff to lose based on this move, Omni and Clan stand to lose as well.))
    ((The Legion only pops in and out. I don't have a problem with that. The guards are there to stay and there's NOTHING we can do about it except complain on the forums and kill guards and get flagged over and over again until we give up. If there was SOMETHING we could do to change the guards....some sort of diminishing return on them so eventually they wouldn't be there anymore after enough people killed them...THEN I wouldn't complain at all.))
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

There is a difference. I have always been at war becuase I understand the nature of Omni-Tek.
    The nature of Omni-tek is that it is a business.

A business that just took a major loss in its facilities.

A business that alienates its customers.

A business with competitors...

There is a difference. I have always been at war becuase I understand the nature of Omni-Tek. A shame it has taken the loss of control of the neutral city to spurn outrage.
    We understand the nature of Omni-Tek AND the Clans.. Why do you think we are neutral?

Yes it's spurn outrage.. Once again I point out we are NEUTRAL

Neutral..

Neutral..

Neutral...

Have y'all got it yet?

We have issues with both of y'all..

So stay the hell out of our areas and you don't have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    We understand the nature of Omni-Tek AND the Clans.. Why do you think we are neutral?

Yes it's spurn outrage.. Once again I point out we are NEUTRAL

Neutral..

Neutral..

Neutral...

Have y'all got it yet?

We have issues with both of y'all..

So stay the hell out of our areas and you don't have an issue.
    There is no such thing as neutral. There is the OmniTek Way and then there is the Wrong Way. If you don't like it, tough. As I have said before, leave the planet and find your own.

Oh Alto.. and what is the nature of the clans? Since I am a Clan leader... and even I have a hard time deciphering it.. I am amazed you can.. Each clan has its own views.. There are as many of us whom dislike the Sentinels as there are whom like them.. but that does not mean we do not still fight against Omni-Tek's slavery of others.. We force no one to join us.. We force our rules on no one.. We only fight to free "ALL" people of Rubi'ka..

Quote Originally Posted by Traceroute
    There is no such thing as neutral. There is the OmniTek Way and then there is the Wrong Way. If you don't like it, tough. As I have said before, leave the planet and find your own.
    There is neutral

I am neutral

The fine citizens of Borealis are neutral.

Newland is neutral you going to try and take it again?

We don't like Omni-Tek and we don't like the Clans.

It's called neutral and has been that way for many years.

Come down off you high horse and smell the beat down we shall serve to you if you insist on trying to take our homes.

The Clans have never even considered invading your homes.. my God man.. open your eyes...
    Last edited by Xaun; May 31st, 2006 at 20:01:57.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast