Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Priority Omni-Tek Press Release

Well.. Wow. This is one development I sure didn't see coming.

I urge all citizens of Borealis to resist the Omni-Tek opressors in any way possible. This should not be tolerated.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

I ask all of you Neutrals who oppose this operation, are you not happy to have some revenge against the Clans that killed every Neutral citizen in Tir? Finally every Clan citizen gets eradicated from a Neutral city, is it not revenge?

Did Simon Silverstone show your people mercy when he took over Tir? No. We won't show the Clans mercy for setting foot in Borealis.

Omni-Tek is doing you a favor.

A favor? I've been scouting in Borealis a bit. What did I see? A couple of Clan members that risked getting it, got shot down mercilessly. But, I saw just as many Neutral citizens get shot down as well, just because they resisted the Omni-Tek patrols.. You call that a favor?
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    Omni-Tek is doing you a favor.
    Pull the other one, it has bells on.

Bullvine 205 (11) Meta-Physicist
    Fantastical 180 (8) Enforcer
    Medicool 139 (12) Doctor

Proud Member of Rubi-Ka Bounty Hunters - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by nimarq
    That Omni-Tek moves into Borealis, supposedly to 'protect' the neutral citizens of Borealis clearly indicates what has been clear to us clanners for a long time: Omni-Tek seek to put all of Rubi-Ka under their command. To the neutrals, all I can say is that you must fight for your right to freedom. And so it begins..
    Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall Omni-Tek's name being on the planetary lease. Not the Clans, and not the neutrals.

If you want to get technical, Borealis was already ours. We're just enforcing that claim now.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Bullvine
    I believe the word you are looking for here is not owned it's occupied. And not all of it, at that.
    Both of your are wrong. Omni-Tek holds a lease on on Rubi-Ka from the ICC. The lease grants Omni-Tek exclusive rights to Rubi-Ka and it's natural resources for a set period of time. Upon expiration of the lease, governing of Rubi-Ka will be turned over to an independent government of Rubi-Ka.

The ICC has shortented and modifed OT's lease in response to Omni-Teks actions in war and mistreatment of RK miners, but the lease still won't expire in our life times.

ICC has also intervened to grant notum mining rights to Rubi-Ka citizens, however Omni-Tek still retains all notum export rights, even for the notum mined my Clans and Neutrals. The latest ICC intervention was the leasing of Rubi-Ka plots for private cities, an action that seems to have irked not only Omni-Tek but the Kyr'Ozch.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

So you want Omni-Tek banned from Bor and all Neutral cities?

fine, you all can raid with the Clans from now on then. We try to help you and this is the thanks we get? slapped in the face?

Btw no Neutrals were killed that I know of in Borealis by the security forces, not unless they attacked the guards first.

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    fine, you all can raid with the Clans from now on then..
    ((Lets not mix RP with raids for loot. Its not even related. Maybe you ment something else....))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Dear fellow people of Rubi Ka. Lets not listen to the few who calls this an "invation", or even try to imply there has been a "massacre" during this event.

The Unicorn`s are reinforcing defences and we should be happy that they are. The city of Borealis, a Neutral city still, will be a safer place after this. We all know how Borealis have been on a downslide regarding morality and "dark" elements as of late.

Now lets all help out and restore peace fully.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    ((Lets not mix RP with raids for loot. Its not even related. Maybe you ment something else....))
    ((Glad to see common sense prevailing here))

As for "Doing us a favour", since when did Omni-Tek become a charity?
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

(( I disagree. In the end what you character sees and experiences in game shapes their view of the world. To a basis for discussion, we need some sort of common reality, some common framework. It is diffucult enough to have a shared understanding of the world of Rubi-Ka without people editing out the bits they don't think fit))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

The problem here is where the orders came from, and the consequences we've seen elsewhere.

Philip Ross essentially allowed the neutrals our independence.

With Ross out of the picture, Zora is in charge. And what happens? Rather than doing business with the citizens of Borealis, he launches a military operation. Was he within his rights to do so? Yes. Was it a wise decision? No.

Look at the costs: hostility from a large number of neutrals who live there, possibly driving them to side with the clans, and loss of the mining facilities in 4 Holes. As a military decision, it was questionable, but as a business decision it probably resulted in the single largest loss to the company's bottom line in decades.

All of Omni-tek should be hoping for the recovery of Mr. Ross right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    (( I disagree. In the end what you character sees and experiences in game shapes their view of the world. To a basis for discussion, we need some sort of common reality, some common framework. It is diffucult enough to have a shared understanding of the world of Rubi-Ka without people editing out the bits they don't think fit))
    ((savoy, i agree with you, if noone can roleplay and mix raids or pvp, RPers would simply sit in an corner and not use anything of the features who differs an mmo from an MUSH or MUD.))
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Dear fellow people of Rubi Ka. Lets not listen to the few who calls this an "invation", or even try to imply there has been a "massacre" during this event.

The Unicorn`s are reinforcing defences and we should be happy that they are. The city of Borealis, a Neutral city still, will be a safer place after this. We all know how Borealis have been on a downslide regarding morality and "dark" elements as of late.

Now lets all help out and restore peace fully.
    So your idea of peace in a Neutral city is when a Clanner walks in he gets shot down on sight? Thats Zora's brand of peace right there: Shoot first, ask questions later.

Fixerben laughs and turns off the terminal.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I'm provoked!

I'm provoked by this action and use of military forces by Omni-Tek. I feel stepped on my very toes, and today I saw many of my fellow Neutral friends feel the same. Omni-Tek even deployed gunmen and snipers to patrol the streets of Borealis.

Never since I landed on Rubi-Ka have I seen such mayhem in a neutral city. Clans killed at sight. Neutrals killed when they raised their voice against this action. And the Unicorn Guards were even attacked by Omni-Tek employees! These were also killed. The streets of my dear Borealis were colored red in blood today.

Borealis is the hub of the Neutral community on Rubi-Ka. We trade and communicate with all citizens of Rubi-Ka here. We have built access to every major city thru the easily accessible grid point, whompah to Newland-ICC and least but not less the whompah to Jobe and the Shadowlands.

This is why we can't look the other way this time. We are simply not gonna accept this intrusion by relocating without some sort of discussion. Already many Neutrals have engaged battle with Omni-Tek guards and Unicorns. This is not the true neutral way, but I also understand their frustration. The true neutral way is to object thru peaceful actions. Too much blood has been shed already, and I fear a lot more is to follow.

Omni-Tek officials have gone to far, and I urgently request them to pull out their military forces. They are of course welcome to protect their facilities, but patrolling of the streets in Borealis we only allow ICC Peacekeepers to conduct!
    Used to enjoy the game with:

Jarv Engineer 220/29 - Qimbu Doctor 220/21 - Zenjiro Fixer 212/24 - Vipe Enforcer 165/21
    All proud members of Neutral Zone - friendly neutral Rimor organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic
    on last Alien Raid OT employes defend Borealis. No one clanner!

Omni-Tek protects! Clan it's anarchy!

The actions of the Omnis speak louder than my words. Neutrals are finally figuring out why we Clans fight so hard against the Omnis.

OMNI-TEK is NOT PROTECTION!

OMNI-TEK IS CONTROL!
    -Oroxus ~213 Supreme Creator Engineer, General of Lost Souls of Rimor.
    Evari r0x it hardcore.
    Terraxus
    - Keeper
    Roxxxytrades
    - Trader

While I do not speak for all Mockers at this junction, I can personally say this is bad for respectable business folks everywhere. Why does Omni insist on making it harder and harder to make a living? Rest assured though that the Mockers will be looking into this matter in one form or the next, to assure our customers receive the highest quality services possible.
    The Mockers
    SUMMON THAT AMMO BABY!!
    Join the Mockers

Quote Originally Posted by Oroxus
    OMNI-TEK is NOT PROTECTION!

OMNI-TEK IS CONTROL!
    Only extremists and deviants who unfortunately call themselves Clan members would use the presence of Unicorn Troops, a division of Omni Forces specialized for dealing with the Kyr'Ozch threat, as control.

While Neutral troops such as the Newland Militia may be politically preferable in Borealis, keep in mind that Borealis is home to critical Rubi-Ka infrastructure and thus requires extra security against the Kyr’Ozch threat. As impressive as the efforts of the Newland Militia are, they are ill equipped for providing both protection from the Kyr’Ozch and general security for the Borealis area.

Assigning a Borealis Militia Unicorn grade equipment is simply not acceptable. Even though I highly respect the neutral security organizations, I know from personal experience that those security organizations are there for the highest bidder; after all I am the former president of one such organization.

The Unicorns in Borealis should stay to protect Rubi-Ka’s residents from the Kyr’Ozch. However that should be the extent of their orders in Borealis. Law enforcement should be left the troops previously stationed in Borealis. I much perfer a neutral Borealis myself, even though I am an Omni-Tek employee.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Only extremists and deviants who unfortunately call themselves Clan members would use the presence of Unicorn Troops, a division of Omni Forces specialized for dealing with the Kyr'Ozch threat, as control.
    This morning when I was in Borealis I saw plenty of OTAF who were not Unicorns. I suppose they only fight against the Kyr'ozch too?

*mutters...must not go postal*

This is nothing more than an act of aggression and the free people of Borealis will resist this with everything they have. This area was under the protection of the ICC from the Clans AND Omni. And now we've been sold out to Omni? sheesh. This isn't on at all. Its criminal, its unethical, its damn right pissed me off. That bitch Eva and her cohoarts are behind this, and she's going to pay for it!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast