Thread: Big Twink Project

Big Twink Project

Ok, well first let me Introduce myself. I am Ancientshot a level 71 Agent at the moment. I am having a great time so far. A couple days ago me and some friends decided to make level 10 twinks. PVP / Friendly Battles Whatever. Now i made an Agent while the others made Traders. The task i cannot overcome is getting GTA (Guardian Tank Armor) on my Agent. A couple people i have talked to said it is possible but i am having a hard time accomplishing it. i can get in mostly ql 75 imps in. all stamina Requirement. I am Atrox. I have no buffing armor such as Nova Dillons at the time but i was wondering if there is anything else that i could use besides armor that would raise both my Stamina and Strength. i am comming up about 25 points short of the 191/191 Requirement. All help is Appreciated. Thank you,
    Ancientshot

2 Concrete Cushions QL 10 For starters
    Thats +16 points.

Then i would just hunt down some Nova Dillon Armor its just easier to get a hold of than some of the other alternatives.

Are you using all buffs?

You could also use some temporary implants just buffing the necessary skills (STA & STR) if you aren't already.
    Last edited by Booler; May 28th, 2006 at 22:53:08.
    To go faster, slow down. Everybody who knows about orbital mechanics understands that.

-- Scott Cherf

Yeah sorry about that forgot to add that, i am in the highest implants i can seem to get into. and i am using Concrete Cushions. Will have to hunt down a nova dillon set. about how much would a full set add at about ql 20-30

I have a couple low twinks with GTA and the lowest I could manage was lvl 12. I'm sure there are tricks I don't know about, but I think it would be a stretch to get at lvl 10. It sounds like you are doing everything right so far. A couple more ideas:

If you aren't already, you'll want to use a "touch of the gripper" in your right arm. It will give you more strength than an implant of that level, plus it doesn't conflict with rifle skills so you can leave it in for the damage add. This will put strength a bit ahead of stamina. You can use a "Modified Omni-Armed Forces Training Helmet" instead of Nova Dillon for the head- 3 stamina instead of 2. For the legs I recommend doing the Nodda Greg quest, and getting the "solid steel hydraulic legwear"- adds 5 stamina. (You can find out about that quest on Anarchy Arcanum)

Other than this, if you have perks, you'll want Enhance DNA obviously. If you're a froob, I really don't know if GTA is possible even at level 12. If it would help reach a couple higher levels of implant you can use a treatment library for a 5-10 extra treatment. If you can't make GTA work you can still get the tank armor look with some low level very-light tank armor. You'll definitely want to overtune it so it doesn't hurt your evades. (still lose some nano init, but not a lot) You're already in the neighbourhood of lvl 55ish very light tank armor (blitzable).

For Nova Dillon you're going to want QL35 to 40ish. 35 is the lowest QL where it adds 2 to all stats, and much higher than QL40 it starts to require too much sense.

As a side note, our org did this same lvl 10 pvp thing a while ago, and it's pretty fun. Truly the best place to play is in some backyard somewhere. We had some Clan and Omni so we all went to the training ground in one of the backyards in Borealis. It's the junkyard setting and lots of space and obstacles. You can just straight pvp, but you can also invent games- hide and seek, everyone against one guy- have one guy with a massive run buff and a HOT, and the rest self-buffed, and he tries to kill the others one by one, while they hunt him. For our lvl 10 pvp I made a lvl 10 agent and soldier. For the agent I ended up going with a martial arts suit. For the soldier, I went with the QL 52 overtuned tank armor and a low level set of CAS. It's definitely a look not common at lower levels. I've been standing around with the soldier and have people ask for composite expertises . They're quite surprised when I tell them I'm only lvl 10 .

Anyway, good luck with the twink. If you make GTA at lvl 10 post back to tell how you did it .
    Last edited by Dredd; May 29th, 2006 at 02:46:44.

Thank you for the Nova Dillon Info. I will have to look into "Touch of Gripper", I do have DNA perked so yes ive got expansions. Can i blitz the omni-armed forces helmet? or does someone have one i can borrow for just a bit? Also i will look into the quest. The armor should get it where i can put in a 'Little' bit higher implants. maybe if i can get in 85's plus nova dillon + Omni helmet+ touch i might be alright again thanks for the info and if any of you would lend a couple pieces just for buffing purposes i would be gladly to tip you a bit... Atlantean server BTW.

Edit: i see that the Modified helmet is a quest, Thanks i will probably run those quests tonight to get the items// if any1 has a totw twink willing to help out with GTA / Touch of gripper it would be much appreciated.
    Msg: "Snipegimp" <-- Twink
    Msg: "Ancientshot" <-- Main lets team
    Last edited by AncientShot; May 29th, 2006 at 02:48:46.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientShot
    Can i blitz the omni-armed forces helmet? or does someone have one i can borrow for just a bit?
    The quest for the helmet is rather easy. Talk to Mr. Blake at RBB for it.

Once you get the helmet, you then slap on an Omnifier, and... there you go, your +3 stamina
    Last edited by Saetos; May 29th, 2006 at 03:01:41.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Ok so far: i have the Modded Omni helmet... I then had to switch to clan to get the pants/ gloves. i am doing the quest as i type this lol. i bought a Treatment rifle which also adds 8 stamina
    I think i am gonna be able to get it on without much problem now.

Ok Update: i am comming up 4 points short in stamina at the moment. I included Extruder bar so that is out of the question, i have added nova dillon... unless there is a better stamina / strength buffing armor out there that is done. i cannot use an endorphin factory due to level 10. any other ideas? i have the highest imps i can get.

Extruder Bar is level 50 req to use.

A pair of Explosif's Polychromatic Pillows would add another 4 though, if you should happen to know anyone owning that.
    Whitelighter - 220/21 Doctor
    Bigblitz - 200/9 Fixer

General of Circle G

Ouch... I had no idea Extruder Bar was level 50 Req. Well then i guess im 6 points off of Stamina. I have never even heard of those cushions. no idea who has em

last pair went for about 120mil they are the apf upgrade to concrete cushions

If your wearing a barrow strength id lose that, easy to forget will get you 3 stam for free
    Also the Ely access ring is +2 to str and stam..
    As you switched to clan.. go for a watcher of Tir ring (+2 to str and stam here too).. quite a simple quest, collect 10 watcher tokens and then hand them in to some guy somewhere.. only problem there is mobs will still be in your range to xp so may be some hassle not to ding.

Thers also the Pioneer backpack for 1 of each if you can get hold of 1

tought about just getting a vegbond cloak? 35all defense.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

that is -10 str or stam i forgot

Well, not sure if this is still an ongoing project, but some of the new (to me) ideas in here inspired me to take another shot at this myself. I just finished off a lvl 10 Atrox Trader and got GTA equipped. It's quite a job, but doable. First thing I would mention would be to plan things out ahead with a skill emulator of some kind. I use Nillan's skill Emulator. Not sure where I got it but a Google search should turn it up. With all the equipment, cushions, buffs etc... I figured if I get a QL 75 chest, 76 waist, and 78 leg, I'd be 3 points short of Stamina, which I could make up by borrowing a pair of Polychromatic cushions. (I could have made a couple of those implants higher, but with waist for example, the next ability increase doesn't come till QL 86, so as far as equipping GTA there's no point getting higher than 76, unless I can jump right to 86). I made those implant goals, and spent a couple days trying to borrow/rent some Polychromatic cushions.

With no success after a couple days, I went back to see if I could bump up any agility based implants or whatever else. I put in a bigger treatment library, and managed to bump the chest up to QL 79. Two points short on Stamina now, and I'd only have to borrow one Polychromatic cushion. Then I had a small breakthrough. I'd been making the chest implant- stamina based, as you need str and stam for the GTA and stamina is still easier to buff than agility in my opinion, even with a +20 agility rifle. Anyway, the inspiration was to make the chest implant strength based temporarily, by only putting in a Stamina cluster. I buffed prodigious strength instead of IC, and actually got in a QL 91 chest implant. With this extra Stamina, I was now able to get in a 84 leg, and the 86 waist- the last 2 points of stamina needed. I put back in the QL79 chest and voila, 191 Stamina- with no fancy cushions . Strength was substantially easier. I also came out with 191 str but didn't bother with a bracer of strength (SL backyard) and hadn't maxed out the left arm (which is now finalized at QL92 ).

The one thing I hadn't used before was the Watcher of Tir Ring, a sort of tedious, but well worth it quest. I couldn't use an Ergo ring, as the Control unit ring doesn't add Str/Stam, Polychromatic cushions would have made it easier also if you can get ahold of them. Overall, this has been my craziest twink project yet. The GTA has an extreme intimidation factor at this level, but you can't go anywhere without getting swamped with questions about how you did it . If you're still working on this project, good luck . Thanks to everyone else who posted their ideas as well.