Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: An idea - The Ultimate Grind (tm).

zug zug
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Bump again, this could be done so easily in game it's not funny.

i r want!

Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

I hated the rebirth system in Conquer, but then again that game was an immence grind in the first place.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Sounds like a fun option for those who want to do it. Restoring all IP resets might be nice on rebirth. That alone might tempt some people into doing it. Being able to change breed and/or profession would also be cool IMO. There's something nice about playing on a main character who's been around a while and made a lot of friends that is missing on alts with low /played time. I don't feel like keeping items is unbalancing if you have to strip all the gear off and I feel like the other possible gains I mentioned above would be offset by the time invested in leveling. I don't think any other incentive would be required. This might also breath some new life into the lowbie zones.
    Bolen - 220/23/70 trox ma clanner
    Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    www.synergyfactor.net
    Atlantean

There it goes again!

Quote Originally Posted by Zudahh View Post
    Your character would be reset back to level 1, but with all the credits and gear you have gathered. Of course you wouldn't be able to do this rebirth with any of your gear on, kind of like with reset points. You'd get to choose your breed, prof and the likes like first time 'round. -- See edit parts one (1) and two(2) for a more verbose version of this.

But why would anyone want to reset their precious main back to the newbie days, ...
    ... run out of reset options, don't need to quest for your items and realise that yes after all race X can get the items on to make the perfect cookie cutter? How to do this? Rebirth! Say it is to play the game again but it will only take a few weeks of Hecklers and you are as good as new, no better than that the concequences of your learning and mistakes are gone. Now you are the perfect clone, the unstoppable.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    ... run out of reset options, don't need to quest for your items and realise that yes after all race X can get the items on to make the perfect cookie cutter? How to do this? Rebirth!
    THere's 3 ways ingame to get IPR. Through credits, through raiding and through VPs. You will never run out of reset options.

Thus, you /fail. Again. Go back to your "omg 'optional permadeath'" thread and leave my thread alone.
    Last edited by Zudahh; Mar 21st, 2008 at 00:02:50.

Amazing idea, id renew in an instant, internet problems aside if this were implemented!
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

*Plants a rather large BUMP sign squarely into the middle of the thread*

Great idea.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Possible problem I just thought of, Garden Keys. Should you be able to warp to pen/inferno as a level 20 nublet? I would say no...unless you actually do the ergo quests for the rings...but you already have the rings. Possible clash there.

Maybe keep all keys but lose all rings, and you can't warp to the garden unless you have the ring/meet the level req for the playfield for going there anyways? (IE Pen is 160 before Ergo won't care if you did the quest)

Or just make it you can't warp if you don't have the ring period?

Regardless, I do wholeheartedly support this function.
    "Violence is never the answer, but it might be the solution." --me
    "I would fight and die for my country, but not for my government." --me

Former General Of The league of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2
    NINJA POWER!!

Present member of NATO Corps, The Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Raavekx View Post
    Possible problem I just thought of, Garden Keys. Should you be able to warp to pen/inferno as a level 20 nublet? --
    People already do that with even level 1 characters, as in, get into Pen/Inf, even Pande. It just requires quite a bit of work. The only problem I see is that the crazyness factor of that feat would be greatly diminished, as being in Pen/Inf as an around level 20 character would still be rather pointless beyond the gaining of the ring. But I dunno, how many people would actually leave their possibly old mains they have thus rerolled into twink levels... And really, how, in the end, would having a ring that some people already have on their twinks turn into a problem?

Hmm. I can't really see it. Could you elaborate on this? Why would lowbies being in highbie gardens be a problem?

Reading this i realized ppl don't rly wanna nerf their main to lvl 1 but they want change breed/prof/sides... If i get bored with my main i would rather roll some new proff and try play with it instead of grind lvls back to 220 what is most boring part of the game.
    Xarr 220/20/68
    Wrathwithin 216/13/55

hye is this beast

hye is this totw

hye r u from subway i ned ab mut kiled plz

Quote Originally Posted by Memoryan View Post
    Reading this i realized ppl don't rly wanna nerf their main to lvl 1 but they want change breed/prof/sides... If i get bored with my main i would rather roll some new proff and try play with it instead of grind lvls back to 220 what is most boring part of the game.
    Tabula Rasa has a cloning feature that allows you to do essentially this.

And @ the OP: go play Flyff.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post

And @ the OP: go play Flyff.
    From the OP: You go play Flyff.

classic thread coming from the guy that was in my sig until recently :P
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by KingDuck View Post
    classic thread coming from the guy that was in my sig until recently :P
    Why did j00 remove me from your sig?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast