Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: An idea - The Ultimate Grind (tm).

I approved this message.

This idea is feasible. But it does sound like there is a different game you play which holds the same idea, you hit max level then drop back down to level 1. And you get to start over, but it lets you keep your stat points. This idea gets a bump from me.

as if it wasn't murder enough to try to do low level PVP with all of the absurd twinks around

I give this a mega thumbs down

if you want to reroll just reroll

What? There aren't too many items in the game any supposed "mega twinks" could use that'd only be gettable on high levels and be usable by them. Well, maybe except Rebuilt Perennium weapons, but the fact that only like, what, level 205 characters can finish the tradeskill process is bull anyway. It's not like anyone's using those weapons as it is.

It's hardly as simple as that ("just reroll") if you've worked on a toon for years, by the way. Hell, I'd say the easier choice to make is to quit the game altogether at that point than going through all that crap all over again, which happens to be one of the things this idea's supposed to address.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Humdeedum.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

so like

I think it's time for a bump.

I think this is a good idea. It would obviously give players something more to play a character for, maybe not their only 220, but definitely if they have two or more, it will also have a greater effect. It will spread out the playerbase a bit more. Sure, people will tend to "reroll" in clumps with their friends, but eventually they'll get spread out, and new players and low level characters will find many more people to group with. Not only this, but low level content will be much more likely to be utilized. Funcom could start paying attention again to the levels that are horrible heckler grinds, because more players will be likely to experience it, and thus talk about it.

Who knows, we might see some nice sub-100 or sub-160 dungeons pop up.

I actually wound up rerolling and finally petering out on the grind back up about 170 or so. I had a lot of fun playing my toon again from a more experienced perspective than before, but I think the bonus to rebirthing/remorting (still using that term!) should also be a bonus to XP gain, maybe a self-only nano you recieve that helps you get back up the ranks quickly.

Aside from that, another bump to this idea. Rerolling is a major pain in the neck.

major bump

wtb trox agent? :P
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

this reminds me of ragnarok online

wtb AO baby classes ;DD

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    ... THIS REMINDS ME OF THE ARGUMENTS I HAD YEARS AGO. This idea wasn't even inspired by that abortion of a game. Rebirthing has been done in a ton of games way before it anyway. All this would do, in effect, is reset your toon to level 1, switch prof and/or breed (as in profs and breeds that are already ingame), level somewhat faster back up and, well, that's about it. Unless FC wants to give some kind of a (low impact) reward for it.

Goddamn Ragnarok Online.
    Last edited by Swordbreaker-; Sep 10th, 2009 at 14:45:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post

wtb AO baby classes ;DD
    Rebirthing, also referred to as Remorting in some MUDS, was a common thing for MUDS to have for extending playing time, since once you ground out all the good stuff and got your character to the top level there wasn't much more left to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Remorting
    Remorting in the MUD I played was basically one of thems wiz types (working for the MUD) turning back into regular players. Rebirthing was a specific action of turning a character with a certain (high amount) of experience into a nubi, with some new races to choose from. The more you rebirth'd, the more different new races you had to choose from. I think it also allowed the player to rename the character. But renaming caused all kinds of weirdness with stuff owned. IIRC only people who were hated changed names this way.

What is it? What is it? What is it? What is this? What is this? What the hell is this?

WHAT? What is this?!

It's forest! Oh my cod!

- Barry!

- Hiya, Jill.

- Where on Earth have you BEAN?

- I'm... Really embarrass...

Oh no, not the ZorBEEZ! Not the ZorBEEZ!

So, one free breed and sex change inc?

DO THIS FOR A NOT FREE VERSION AFTER THAT!

Bump for this idea! Especially if you could switch profession.

I actually did some editing on this thing just now. Although I mostly just added stuff.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!
    O HAI GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

tru story

Smile

Very nice idea, and improving with each update/refinement.

It would make a very cool and popular veteranesque reward.

Swordbreaker, if you smoke, have a cigar; if you drink, have a fine cognac; if neither, have a cookie :-)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast