Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Scientist abducted after conference

OTPC: Scientist abducted after conference

Scientist abducted after conference
    May 22, 29480 - [Global]

OTPC - Perit Bonnon, the leading scientist on stim addiction research was kidnapped out of Borealis saturday night. Witnesses report the kidnapping was perpetrated by a group of Atrox thugs.

"It was awful," commented Tisul Bonnon, Perit's wife. "They came out of nowhere and attacked us. Why do these things always have to happen to us?"

The couple were walking though Borealis on their way to ICC for an evening meal following a recent scientific conference held in Jobe. This conference was a gathering of scientists across Rubi-Ka to discuss recent discoveries.

Mrs. Bonnon was quite hysterical after watching her husband's abduction. "We were just trying to have a nice dinner after my husband's conference.

"He was working on something about stims," said Mrs. Bonnon, referring to her husband's research of a new drug developed to reduce the affects of stim addiction, and the topic of his discussion at the conference.

There was one witness to the crime that declined to reveal his identity. "I saw them come," he said. "They were out on a purpose. Very odd for thugs. It seemed like they were ordered to do this."

While out trying to discover the cause of this, or any information pertaining to the group behind this, I stumbled across the name Dreadtrox. Is this a new gang bent on destruction? What are their plans? Who's behind this?

This reporter doesn't know. Their reign of terror might be nearing the end, or just beginning.

((surely can't be this Dreadtrox ))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

And people didn't believe that crime was in the rise in Borealis. Yet here someone is getting kidnapped right off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemkarik
    And people didn't believe that crime was in the rise in Borealis. Yet here someone is getting kidnapped right off the street.
    Nah, the city is not the issue. If these people were going after this certain target it could have happened anywhere.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    Nah, the city is not the issue. If these people were going after this certain target it could have happened anywhere.
    It could have, or perhaps the people planning the attack knew that security in Bor wasn't up to par and knew that it would be an easier Job that kidnaping him in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemkarik
    It could have, or perhaps the people planning the attack knew that security in Bor wasn't up to par and knew that it would be an easier Job that kidnaping him in other places.
    Hehe, from what I see on my daily wanderings in OT-RK territory I'd say that's a bit far-fetched..
    Personally, I'd stage such an operation on Rome or Trade, security is absolutely not impressive in either city.. except in the number of holes in the surveillance systems, that is.
    Of course, if the target won't cooperate and go where I want him to then I have to go where he is, that's plain common sense.

By the way, I will give all possible assistance to recover this scientist unharmed, and I know that so will my friends - regardless of affiliation. We don't cotton to criminals, any of us.
    Also, I offer my support to his wife and family in this time of crisis, I hope everything will turn out right.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

I'd have to say that Borealis security is on the lack side, since those ICC peacekeepers are more than a little spread out and underpowered. That doesn't mean that 'crime is on the rise' though. Unless you want to count this as the one criminal event that happened this month and that as a rise over other months.

I think the real question should be: Are these crimes related? It would seem obvious that the group of trox stealing the stim addition medication and the stim adiction scientist is related. How about the jobe robbery? The omni-R&D robbery? Are we looking at a plot here?
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Hmm.. not long ago an experimental anti-stim addiction drug was stolen, now this scientist?

No word on what the recently destroyed ship was carrying, if it is related to this at all, if it was even destroyed. As there is no trace of debris, it could be a sort of a modified tractor/teleporter beam of sorts.

Is it possible that the Unicorns are attempting to keep the people tied to stims?

Is it possible Omni-Tek itself is see'ing this drug as a threat on its grasp over people.

Is it possible the Clanners are trying to reduce their own addicitons, thus giving them more freedom over Omni-Tek?

The questions abound!!
    Last edited by Zzart; May 23rd, 2006 at 15:06:04.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Zzart
    The questions abound!!
    So does conspiracy theories..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

ummm

I'd have to agree with Kahava on this one Zzart, your speculations are a bit wild and, although not out of the question, leave me wonder where you came up with them.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Maybe crime is just so rampant in the other cities its more of a common occurance than news. Since Borealis is an extremely safe city rare events like this garner a greater spotlight.l

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Safe, SirNegs?
    I just took a trip to Borealis via the wompha from Newland to Borealis. and when I checked my scanner, you would not believe it.. the suppression gas had fallen...
    I noticed some citizens running past me and entering the wompha behind, some had fear in their eyes.
    As I walked the streets, I somehow felt .. I .. I don't know how to put it into other words then this: .. unsure...
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Quote Originally Posted by Moontouch
    Safe, SirNegs?
    I just took a trip to Borealis via the wompha from Newland to Borealis. and when I checked my scanner, you would not believe it.. the suppression gas had fallen...
    I noticed some citizens running past me and entering the wompha behind, some had fear in their eyes.
    As I walked the streets, I somehow felt .. I .. I don't know how to put it into other words then this: .. unsure...
    I can only talk of what has been. I have yet to venture out of my apartment today, I have been hearing reports of the gas levels dropping. Which I believe is a very very stupid thing to do. ((yes IC and OOC))

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I didn't know it was possiblw to be addicted to stims
    I got to admit tho, after a few roots, and heals it feels great using those nano-stims.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    I have been hearing reports of the gas levels dropping. Which I believe is a very very stupid thing to do. ((yes IC and OOC))
    As the crime allegedly is on the rise, this is to ensure victims can protect themself?
    *waiting for news on that issue...

Scientists are humanities most important resource. Everytime a scientist is harmed we all lose out.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Thumbs down

and I bet all the troxes who kidnapped him were stim addicted Clammers who were looking for another hit to get high

I'm not sure getting high off of stim addiction scientists, no matter how you plan on doing it, is a sound idea even for a trox.

Could be they thought he could rid them of their pie addiction?

Something is wrong here. Why would a bunch of thugs capture a scientist researching anti-stim addiction? It's not like they were being forced into a Stim-addicts Anonymous program. The stim research, to me, sounds like a cover. I wouldn't go so far as to point fingers at the company, but there is definitely at least a small amount of conspiracy involved.

Regarding the gas in Borealis, I am incensed that the ICC should allow it to fall.

Perhaps the research was related to suppression gas, and Borealis was being used as a test. Hopefully it will be restored soon.

Mmm. FYI, the gas was knocked down to 75% after a massive alien invasion hit Borealis. The two events are completely unrelated.
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast