Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Org Billboard Competition!

Org Billboard Competition!

It's that time again! Would you like the chance to get your organization seen on every billboard in Rubi-Ka? We are offering a chance to do just that by selecting the top designs to be displayed on every billboard in town...

What you need to do to participate in this competition is simple.. We are looking for several new ads advertising your organization! Pull out your creativity license and cameras and design a stunning billboard that would best fit your org!

There can be up to three entries per organization sent seperately and all entries must be submitted in JPG format with a resolution of 1024x768. Only one winner may be selected per org.

To enter the contest send your submissions to community@anarchy-online.com with the following:

1. In your email please put subject line as : Org Billboard Contest - [Org Name] [Dim]

2. All entries must include statement in the body of the email that states that your entry is your own work and no one else's and that you understand that Funcom may use it for promotional advertising.

3. Images should be compressed into jpg format and sent as a zip (or rar) file wherever possible. Final file size must be below 1mb per submission.

4. Any entries that are not submitted using the above parameters will not be considered as valid entries. Entries must be received no later than the June 1, 2006.
    Last edited by Asomadus; Jul 6th, 2006 at 02:11:49.

Whee! Maybe now I can finish the stuff I started for the previous billboard competition.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Ok quick question? why zip a jpeg? and also is there any preferance on the level of jpeg compression? baseline options or progessive levels, and any particular colour palatte format?
    Last edited by Nyadach; May 19th, 2006 at 18:36:08.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

What will happen with the old billboards ?

Anytho, Yay!

??? resolution of 256x128... thats image size so what resolution 72/150/300++ dpi? heh heh is adobe 98 icc profile good?

dpi doesn't matter.
    CMYK/RGB/BW all the same

make it look good
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by porkhero
    ??? resolution of 256x128... thats image size so what resolution 72/150/300++ dpi? heh heh is adobe 98 icc profile good?
    i have 19" monitor and my Desktop resolution is 1280x1024 and i play with 4xFSAA..

like this matters either..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Omg the freaks have come out of the woodwork!

Do you really think that the peeps at FunCom can't take whatever format file you produce and edit/manipulate it to what they need ?

talk about over complicate it .....

.jpg in ZIP or RAR because then you get CRC error check.

70-90% comprssion - usually works well for most images

whaterver DPI

8, 16 or 24 bit CMYK or RGB... click of a button and it can be changed anyway

adobe 98 is good form most stuff - but most peeps don't even know what that is - so Im sure FC are not bothered about ICC profiles.

Interlaced or not ..... who cares ?

They have all the graphical editing tools you could ever want and more... don't you think?

/flame me now ... kthxbye.....

small question

i was wondering if we could use bits of (concept)art in the allready small image?
    or does the image has to be 100% thought up of your own?

Woot, gonna work right on it!

Can we use parts of in game screen shots?

Yes, you may use in-game screenshots and concept art. There are no specific dpi requirements only that the size resolution is 256x128 and it is under 1MB per submission.

Some excellent submissions streaming in... Keep up the good work!

can u enhance the pics w/ photoshop?
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Does it have to be PG? lolol
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

I have a question... I run a fansite (AOFroobs.com) and was thinking of submitting to the billboard competition. But then another player pointed out that this is supposed to be for Orgs. Is there another method of submission I should seek out for a Fansite billboard? or can I submit to this as well.
    Snarfblatt
    President of Knights of Ka
    Site Admin of AOFroobs.com

This is the last day for submissions. Lots of great boards!

Do you have any idea when the results will be posted?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Here's a question, will you post the entries for all to see? I for one would love to see all the wonderful entries. (not just the winners in game)

Perhaps make an 'Org Listing" that uses the billboard art if available?

Just a thought, Cheers!

Yeah, can we have all entries and an ETA please :]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast