Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smoke Lounge

Location implies a DOOR! F@#$ Doors.

FGRID in only.

Self casting grid out only.

Doesn't matter where it is then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
    OK, ffs. just hit F10 go to the control panel, open up GUI options and disable Lag.
    ANi.
    --zanni--
    --calissa--
    --soadoc--
    *SoA* ~Leets!~

Quote Originally Posted by menke
    [Menke]: but, just checked up on the area in mort borg camp mentioned by xethraan in the smoker's lounge thread. the 'lowbie' npcs he mentions in there are bileswarm dominators and similar. never saw it reported in the thread, and as a current froob account, i'm unable to post it myself in the forum =)
    Offline message from Menke (Sat 14 Oct 2006 13:55 GMT)
    A fellow fixer wanted me to post that for him.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Ill just jump in here with my suggestion. Theres a place called "Will to fight" far north in "Stret west bank" that suits imo. Its an octagonal hut right beside the big sign that spells "will to fight". Go check it out, its much larger than it looks from the outside

Pos: 2247.0,3128
    "Footlight" Agent
    "Weasel" Fixer
    "Hound" Shade
    "Universe" Keeper

Well, great suggestions and all, but the real spirit of the Smoke Lounge can not be made with a place that already exists on Rubi-Ka. True we can exit and pick a place, as I originally suggested, but its just not good enough. The best thing that could happen is Funcom deciding to add a Smoke lounge along the lines that we have suggested

Now that I got that out of the way, I still think it would be cool to convert one of the buildings next to the fixer shop to our purposes. Though, we should really all get together in game at some point, I suggest Friday night, 10PM EDT, Atlantean Dimension, outside the fixer shop.

hmm.. i would go but i can't i play football on friday nights and ill miss it..

but i think it's a great idea...

hehe wut we should do to get funcom's attention is just keep posting our ideas and make this huge so funcom will realize this is something we all want..

oh yah.. and i luv the idea of having it by the fixer shop.. it's by bor and could be somewhat difficult to get too.. but for fixers we shouldn't have a prob.. fgrid exit right there we be convieniant as well..

also it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread that we should use the membership card that came with the fgrid quest

Ha, lets see what gets implemented is LE that was in the whole fixer wishlist

I dont know if this has been suggested yet (didn't bother reading all 3 pages)
    But the small "village" that the fixer shop is in has a small house that you can just walk into, or more like a shed really.. Has that "dirty" look
    Ithaki 219/17 Adventurer
    Member of: Thug Life

Uhm,
    What dimension are we talking about here?
    Or is the idea to have the lounge in the same place across all dimensions?
    Guyas Niklos, Adventurer
    Stormer, Fixer
    Shattered Dreams

it would be sweet if it was like a connection between the dimensions but might be too much trouble..

but yah it should be in both dimensions..

Quote Originally Posted by Ravedge View Post
    But the small "village" that the fixer shop is in has a small house that you can just walk into, or more like a shed really.. Has that "dirty" look
    Well... the location aren't that bad with the fixer shop right next to it, but it wouldn't be much of a lounge. It's just some old worn-down warehouses, and a number of them were used by other orgs for meetings and such. The Mockers relocated from that area because of the constant interruptions to our meetings whenever some outsider dropped in.

There are also some empty houses in Wine (Belial Forest) that at least look decent on the outside, plus most of them has 25% gas so we could easily get rid of annoying outsiders.

Now as for the interior I wouldn't mind a bit better then just one room with some boxes to sit on. In the old school missions (before they revamped the mission layouts) there was at least one good looking bar room with nice comfy chairs(*). Too bad I never got a screenie of that room, I was probably busy evading the RM mobs in there, because I haven't seen it since. That's the perfect Smoker's Lounge for me, one of those places we've seen only once or have only heard rumours about.
    Besides... it would be funny if non-members could catch a glimpse of the lounge in one of their RK missions but being unable to enter it.

Of course we'd too busy too notice them, or watching their progress on the wall-sized screens in the surveillance room and making bets on who of them is gonna step on the SL-sized traps in the boss room.
    Preferably there should be a couple of observer rooms with see-through walls or one-way mirrors where we could watch the action, with buttons to enable full transparency so we could wave to the poor bastards as the slayerdroid boss with his slayerdroid minions tears into them.

(*) I'm going to describe the room I saw, just in case some of you other mission freaks scored a screenie of it:
    It was in one of the office or building-type missions that they never re-implemented after the revamp. IIRC the walls and floors were blue/green/grey but not dark. Some of the other rooms were quite bright. It was a medium/large sized room with a bar at the other end, one row of comfy chairs/sofas with tables along the right-hand wall and a couple of more chairs with tables on the left hand side of the entrance. On the other end of the room there was a empty area to the left of the bar, suitable for dancing.
    That's about as far as I trust my recollections of it.
    Last edited by Kaghelion; Nov 2nd, 2006 at 08:32:32.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

can u give exact location for those Wine houses

Sounds teh sexxor..!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaghelion View Post
    (*) I'm going to describe the room I saw, just in case some of you other mission freaks scored a screenie of it:
    It was in one of the office or building-type missions that they never re-implemented after the revamp. IIRC the walls and floors were blue/green/grey but not dark. Some of the other rooms were quite bright. It was a medium/large sized room with a bar at the other end, one row of comfy chairs/sofas with tables along the right-hand wall and a couple of more chairs with tables on the left hand side of the entrance. On the other end of the room there was a empty area to the left of the bar, suitable for dancing.
    That's about as far as I trust my recollections of it.
    I know exactly what you're talking about, but at the time I just thought it was a nifty room and nothing too rare, so I didn't screenie it. Plus, I got a new laptop for AO since then, so I doubt I'd trans the files

I also know the houses in Wine you're talking about. Some org my old clam doc back in the day had meetings in one of them. Ages ago....
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

I say we just chill in the fgrid :P

*Bump*

After 2 years, the Smoke Lounge is always a dream.

I can't understand, non-fixer can't complain about it, it's not some new uber stuff.

So why can't we see it becoming real ?

I want a fixer-only place, one you can access when you finished the first Fgrid

Bump. For the Lounge and the Fgrid3 Quest.
    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

Posted by Auct

"Seems a nice idea.

As this is assuming that the fixer has done the FGrid quest, why not choose a building next to an FGrid Exit, that way it can be far away from anywhere really but still easily accesable for fixers who are "members"

Good idea!

"Somewhere in jobe seems a bad idea, not only for RP reasons but also because it does exclude the large Fr00b community who would have as much right to be there are any subscriber.

Fr00bs have no rights, except the right to subscribe.

Bump for the idea that you drop your hacker's chip in hud1 and meep.

It can still have a physical exit to RK if people want. Meetmedeere anyone?

It should have bathrooms (something not seen anywhere else in AO) that exit
    odd places too, just for the amusement factor.

I mean we aren't asking for an AI equivalent city here.
    Garfield Babump Houston - RK2 Clan Fixer, L 156
    Pasquale Raisins Silvestrini - RK1 Omni Fixer, L 81
    (No, I am not a recurring character on the Sopranos)
    [url=http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/sanotrix]

Quote Originally Posted by Raisins View Post
    Bump for the idea that you drop your hacker's chip in hud1 and meep.

It can still have a physical exit to RK if people want. Meetmedeere anyone?

It should have bathrooms (something not seen anywhere else in AO) that exit
    odd places too, just for the amusement factor.

I mean we aren't asking for an AI equivalent city here.
    There are bathrooms in Babboon's.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast