Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do about those lil buggers that won't aggro mongo?

Quote Originally Posted by Feelthelove
    Even if you attack will they not change aggro?
    Nope, not zix at least.

I would suggest for the Director,

First make sure everyone in the team is ready and are prepared to listen to the leader/caller/Doc.

Pull the first two guards outside the door and kill them quickly, the quicker you kill these the more time you have to try and get a clean pull on the director.

Positioning of the team for killing the Director, you need to as fart away from the Lab door and guard re-spawn point as possible, even if you have to go into the corner of the corridor. If the Doc can hide out of LoS of the Director then they will have less chance of picking up agg from his pets, Plus the more room you have if someone needs to kite a bit then they have the room to do it.

Depending on your team make up you will have to have pre assigned rolls to the DD members in the team to kill off the pets as quickly as possible, if possible have one DD save his specials just to clear the adds quicker (Soldier FA etc.). The higher the level the team is the less you have to pull away from the main job of killing the Director.

The guards outside are on about a ten minute timer which is the reason you need to pull the Director back as far as possible as you don't need them joining in half way through the fight or when your team are looting.

The hardest bit should be getting a clean pull on the Director because of the agg ranges of the guards and the Director are close that you'll get the lot, and of course the door lag where you'll find your self peeing up the leg of the Director with his bodyguards breathing down your neck while your Doc is tucked away nice and safe in the corridor.

The best way I've found for a clean pull (life time guarantee on this*), the puller switches to 1st person view and to walk mode, try to aim at the wall close enough to the door to trigger it to open but so that you can't run through accidentally. With the door open you can then edge forward till you get agged from the Director who is facing right at you, the guards are facing in towards the center of the room. Once you pulled the Director, don't forget to switch back to run mode before going back to the carefully prepared and probably now asleep team.

Make sure you have a caller for the spawned pets, so the team know when to switch.

(*Life time guarantee means, if you screw it up then it'll be the end of your current incarnation and you find your self back at reclaim)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldas
    I would suggest for the Director,

First make sure everyone in the team is ready and are prepared to listen to the leader/caller/Doc.

Pull the first two guards outside the door and kill them quickly, the quicker you kill these the more time you have to try and get a clean pull on the director.

Positioning of the team for killing the Director, you need to as fart away from the Lab door and guard re-spawn point as possible, even if you have to go into the corner of the corridor. If the Doc can hide out of LoS of the Director then they will have less chance of picking up agg from his pets, Plus the more room you have if someone needs to kite a bit then they have the room to do it.

Depending on your team make up you will have to have pre assigned rolls to the DD members in the team to kill off the pets as quickly as possible, if possible have one DD save his specials just to clear the adds quicker (Soldier FA etc.). The higher the level the team is the less you have to pull away from the main job of killing the Director.

The guards outside are on about a ten minute timer which is the reason you need to pull the Director back as far as possible as you don't need them joining in half way through the fight or when your team are looting.

The hardest bit should be getting a clean pull on the Director because of the agg ranges of the guards and the Director are close that you'll get the lot, and of course the door lag where you'll find your self peeing up the leg of the Director with his bodyguards breathing down your neck while your Doc is tucked away nice and safe in the corridor.

The best way I've found for a clean pull (life time guarantee on this*), the puller switches to 1st person view and to walk mode, try to aim at the wall close enough to the door to trigger it to open but so that you can't run through accidentally. With the door open you can then edge forward till you get agged from the Director who is facing right at you, the guards are facing in towards the center of the room. Once you pulled the Director, don't forget to switch back to run mode before going back to the carefully prepared and probably now asleep team.

Make sure you have a caller for the spawned pets, so the team know when to switch.

(*Life time guarantee means, if you screw it up then it'll be the end of your current incarnation and you find your self back at reclaim)
    Won't the Damage Shield from a Director shot pull agg from the guards?
    RK2: Feelthelove. Atrox Adventurer L212/17: Equip | Pics: 1 2

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

Shiroi hada ni kuruu ai to kanashimi no RONDO

In terms of the director, you can also slip off to the sides of the room and whack the guards without the director noticing. The pillars are bigger than they appear (to block line of sight) and you can fight the guards where they spawn without getting the director's attention. This really only works with small teams though.

As for zix, i've never had any luck pulling them off of whomever they attack first (occasionally a good burst from a soldier or fixer has on occasion done it, but that's not something a mele person can muster without wasting a perk that would be better placed on an actual enemy and not a pet of an actual enemy).

A doc i team with nearly all the time and i decided to see if there was anything we could do in this situation. We pulled a low team mission at full order (order/chaos to full order leads to more people mobs over monster mobs). We charged through the mission until we found an engineer to fight. Since it was a low mission and all of the mobs were grey, the doc went first to get the engineer's attention. Once the fight was started, i stepped into line of sight so that the engineer would spawn their pet. Since the doc was the one with the aggro, the bot went right to him. We ignored the engineer as i tried to get the bot off of him. Nothing worked. Chaining mongos did nothing. Taunt nanos did nothing. Taunt devices did nothing.

In my experience, the ideal way to deal with zix is to have someone in the team with an area root/snare. Since its usually not worth the time to take out the zix because you have many more dangerous enemies to deal with and they'll just make more when you take them out, root the little buggers and then have the team move away. (This is of course under the condition that you have a fixer, agent, trader, NT, or crat in the team... possibly something to make people want these professions in team a little more )
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemax
    Just because you *can* do it, doesn't make it the bright thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittni
    In my experience, the ideal way to deal with zix is to have someone in the team with an area root/snare. Since its usually not worth the time to take out the zix because you have many more dangerous enemies to deal with and they'll just make more when you take them out, root the little buggers and then have the team move away. (This is of course under the condition that you have a fixer, agent, trader, NT, or crat in the team... possibly something to make people want these professions in team a little more )
    I'll keep that in mind then =/ They can't be mezzed?

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelthelove
    I'll keep that in mind then =/ They can't be mezzed?
    Most alien pets can be mezzed/calmed. And they usually land quite easily
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Engineer blinds also make zix quite pathetic. Of course, you'll be breaking them if you mongo.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    Most alien pets can be mezzed/calmed. And they usually land quite easily
    Good to know, although in a recent raid the generals pets had agged my Agent and no matter how many times the NT mezzed them the mezz wouldn't stick (it had visibily landed but it seemed to break...)

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    Engineer blinds also make zix quite pathetic. Of course, you'll be breaking them if you mongo.
    /needs more lowbie engi friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    but its pretty easy for an engi to recast every 6 secs and not only work on pets but also work on all the bugs and are a nice way to make anything but the nukers nothing but an aggro msg, AoE calms work very well for the zix
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-12-25 14:21:14

It will remain playable until : 2006-12-27 15:12:16

Zixes have a rather easy solution. What I (fixer) usually do is make sure I'm up front next to the enf and be the first in LoS. Having hots running on the entire team helps with this too. Enf can simply mongo and I wont get agg from any mob except the zix. Zix will hardly ever hit me. MA/adv/soldier are also profs who wouldnt be bothered the least by having all zixes on them as MA/adv can evade and sols can take a beating anyway.

Zix solution:
    1. Make some1 evadable make first shoot at Ankari.
    2. If squishy one catches aggro - he must run to playershop and zone here and back. Only 100% way to drop aggro.

P.S.: Must notice that general guards were changing they arrgoed person sometimes if we kill general long enough. And there was no mezzer around.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik
    Zix solution:
    1. Make some1 evadable make first shoot at Ankari.
    2. If squishy one catches aggro - he must run to playershop and zone here and back. Only 100% way to drop aggro.

P.S.: Must notice that general guards were changing they arrgoed person sometimes if we kill general long enough. And there was no mezzer around.
    Mostly an inship situation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12