Thread: Chemistry?

Chemistry?

Hi,

I've started an agent (I've got other characters btw), and notice that chemistry is my best trade skill. This is dandy, apart from the fact that I've got no idea what I can do with chemistry.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Post Chemistry..

..is a tradeskill which isn't used a lot, at least commonly.

You can build aggro-trimmers for Engineer-bots with it, but I think you also need Mechanical Engineering.

Also, Chemistry is important for constructing armor, should you be so ultra-fortunate or filthy rich enough to get hold of the Programmed Photon Particle Emitters with Shape Soft or Shape Hard Armor, respectively. Also, I believe that Computer Literacy is another tradeskill important for armor creation. I don't have any of the PPPEs, so I can't tell for sure. Look up the Tradeskills board for some more info.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

It occasionally shows up as a requirement in weaponsmithing as well, but it's not common. I'd suspect it plays a role in making stims and treatment kits also. I can't really think of any tradeskill where chemistry is the primary requirement though.

Cheers,

~R~

Thanks, well looks like my agent will be tradeskill free then, given that I've passed the lvl 60 missions where the pppe drops.

Treatment kits and stims are pharmacy alone btw.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Cool

Well chemistry is the primary skill required in creating Bronto Armor. I believe that the process also requires 500+ intelligence, but since I got 540ish unbuffed I didn't get that message.

I don't think computer lit. is required at all for armor creation. Again, I got 940+ unbuffed so I probably meet req.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

Just adding that for the Carbonum armor you need around 900 Chemistry as well for the etching process and 900 ME for the carving process. Also requires 500+ intelligence I believe.

Aggro trimmers requires chemistry as well as ME.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."