Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AO isn't dead... its just on rk2

AO isn't dead... its just on rk2

Recently I've made a jump off to rk2 I've been on rk1 for years and only ever poped into rk2 for the occasional GSP party (which nobody ever went to other than rk1 alts :P).

There is something that I noticed. The auto default setting of Rimor on the login is affecting new player population on the servers. I was subway and believe it or not, there were noobs running around. Little players wielding the wrong weapon type, using weapons that dropped from mobs, clan/omni wearing unsided newcomers armor, wearing armor looted from mobs... and not a single medsuit wearing - preen using twink in all the subway. I had fun!

Is there a way to perhaps rotate this auto setting every so often to keep the population of new players somewhat balanced, perhaps have it change monthly or new patch = new default server?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Welcome to Rimor!
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

I would prefer a server merge myself. It would make it easier to find teams outside prime time.

LOL at the subject of this thread. I totally agree. I really do miss the froob atmosphere on RK1, it was so innocent and fun. I liked helping out the lowbie community, it gave me a sense of accomplishment. I just wish someone from the FC staff would say something or recognize the imbalance because this isn't the first thread I've seen on this topic. Give RK1 some fr00bs too!!

would be better if the default server changed between RK1 and RK2 every hour. Thus spreading out people from all time zones randomly

Quote Originally Posted by copperneedle View Post
    there were noobs running around. Little players wielding the wrong weapon type, using weapons that dropped from mobs, clan/omni wearing unsided newcomers armor, wearing armor looted from mobs... and not a single medsuit wearing - preen using twink in all the subway. I had fun!
    This is just how RK2 vets spend their free time.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Jjin View Post
    I would prefer a server merge myself. It would make it easier to find teams outside prime time.
    Yup. Merge all 3 servers and at the same time add new rk zones with new cities and new stuff. I don't care if some spots get overcamped. Better than running around for 20 mins and not meeting a soul!

Players on different servers have the same names. A merge couldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    We went to the moon 40 yerars ago. I think we could solve the same name problem.

People can just say no, I don't want my name modified or have to give it up. The moon is just a physics problem (If we went at all, zomg conspiracy! (but yeah I believe we did)).

Would rather keep all the RK1ers and RK3ers away from RK2. They're weird and creepy
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by samsunggg View Post
    We went to the moon 40 yerars ago. I think we could solve the same name problem.
    LOL!

But, no.

-------
    Kimbeam, anamolly, ninaperson.

pyow.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Then the character with the earliest /born date should get the name and the other player will have to choose a new name.

Small price to pay for actually having others to play with.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Then the character with the earliest /born date should get the name and the other player will have to choose a new name.

Small price to pay for actually having others to play with.
    I disagree, way too many inactive people for that.

If a name conflict happens, the player with the higher /played should trump.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

i know wipe all data for all servers and then merge and let the chips fall where they may....

hahah j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    This is just how RK2 vets spend their free time.
    YES! indeed! lmao. I do it too! ;D
    and yes /played !
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Is there a way to perhaps rotate this auto setting every so often to keep the population of new players somewhat balanced, perhaps have it change monthly or new patch = new default server?
    Been discussed already, original OP agreed it is best to do it at the same time as the new engine is released. So that the surge of new players could help each other as it is we would just be dividing a trickle.

Let me know if I can help you on RK2

just change it to DNW as default ;D
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    i know wipe all data for all servers and then merge and let the chips fall where they may....

hahah j/k
    bump :P

Little players wielding the wrong weapon type, using weapons that dropped from mobs, clan/omni wearing unsided newcomers armor, wearing armor looted from mobs...
    Ahh, so you went on an RK2 pande raid. Must have been fun.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast