Thread: I would like to be reimbursed every time the servers come down!!

I would like to be reimbursed every time the servers come down!!

I am getting bloody tired all the freaking maintenance and server patches. How about putting the down times at different times each server patch, instead of screwing over the same people. I have absolutely never had this much server down time in any online world that I have played. This is totally unacceptable!! What in the hell do does Funcom have a test server for! You do not patch then patch then patch again the FREAKING LIVE SERVERS YOU MORONS!!!

Martin
    Martin

gack

Most frustrating thing about today's patch and maintenance is that it took me SIX long bloody hours to get the computer from my husband so I can play some AO.
    About 30 minutes later I get the 10 minute warning.
    Gah, I was so furious!
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Re: I would like to be reimbursed every time the servers come down!!

Originally posted by MartinDeShade
    I am getting bloody tired all the freaking maintenance and server patches. How about putting the down times at different times each server patch, instead of screwing over the same people. I have absolutely never had this much server down time in any online world that I have played. This is totally unacceptable!! What in the hell do does Funcom have a test server for! You do not patch then patch then patch again the FREAKING LIVE SERVERS YOU MORONS!!!

Martin
    HMM.... I can think of one way Funcom could fix this... they could just never improve the game or add any content anymore...... Unless they really wanted to and then they could just make us get booster packs and expansions for every patch...

Honestly... Please don't tell me that you can't step away from the computer for a couple of hours every couple of weeks???? I'm worried for you man!

<sarc>
    Oh how much I agree with you.
    Funcom should never take a server down for patching, the game that is released on release day should stay the same until the very end.
    If they are going to be brave and patch it, then it should be done at a weekend, or maybe at the end of the day when there is only skeleton staff available, that then ensures that should something go wrong it cannot be fixed instantly.
    If exploits are found then under no circumstances should the servers be taken down to fix this issue.
    Those people exploiting credits, items and the like should be allowed to get on with what they are doing - each to their own eh?
    If an exploit is found and a feature has to be removed from the game because of it, then Funcom should never take their servers down to re-introduce that now fixed feature.
    Once it is removed it should stay removed, of course some might say this just adds insult to injury, exploiters exploit and then the honest players loose the feature, but not I.
    Funcom should also purchase the new "Magic Wand™"
    What this would allow them to do is take everything on the test server and magically make it appear on the live server, all without taking any of the servers down!!
    Damn you Funcom, they don't cost all that much, why haven't you bought one?

Lastly Funcom, why can you be like nobody else out there?
    I mean, every other software house under the sun has bugs and problems.
    All other online games ahve suffered from exploits and the downtime associated with such things.
    So I ask you Funcom, why couldn't you be perfect and make everything you do 100% stable and totally un-exploitable?

</sarc>

To you wise asses in the previous post. I have played EQ, AC, and DAoC, and none of them has had this many patches to the LIVE server in ONE month. This isn't something that happens with Funcom occassionally, this has happened maybe 1 out 5 times I go to play the game. That is 20% of the time!! I realize it is a bit of bad luck of me to want to actually play the game on the days it is having a server patch, otherwise the percentage would have been a bit lower. But this is rediculous!

Like I said you make these constant updates one the TEST server first, then 1 or at most 2 times a month you update the LIVE server. You see there is a reason why it is called a TEST server you know.

Martin
    Martin

Martin, the servers dont go down that often (I know when they do, thanks to running a bot, as I come back to my computer to find a huge number of error messages, that once took me about a minute to clear (now THAT was alot of error messages hehe). Basically these things happen, just like train strikes, nad you just have to accept them, as annoying as they are.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Post Some calculations..

Let's say that the servers go down for a total of 12 hours each month. Let's say each month has 30 days.

30 days * 24 hours = 720 hours.

12 hours is 1/60th of the total time in the month (720/12=60)

You pay $12.95 per month as the standard subscription fee.

To be fully reimbursed for the server-downtime, you'd get back one sixtieth of the fee, which rounds up to 22 cents.

Happy?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Re: Some calculations..

Originally posted by Kzak
    Let's say that the servers go down for a total of 12 hours each month. Let's say each month has 30 days.

30 days * 24 hours = 720 hours.

12 hours is 1/60th of the total time in the month (720/12=60)

You pay $12.95 per month as the standard subscription fee.

To be fully reimbursed for the server-downtime, you'd get back one sixtieth of the fee, which rounds up to 22 cents.

Happy?

/me eyes my shiny quarter and suddenly realizes it isn't a quarter... it is really about 13 1/2 hours of computer downtime

*head starts spinning*

and to think I have all this computer downtime just sitting in my pocket

Re: gack

Originally posted by RuthieChan
    Most frustrating thing about today's patch and maintenance is that it took me SIX long bloody hours to get the computer from my husband so I can play some AO.
    About 30 minutes later I get the 10 minute warning.
    Gah, I was so furious!
    now that's a legit gripe! Damn Hubby :P

Waaaaaaaaaah! I want reimbursment every time my windows crashes! Waaaaah! I want reimbursment every time i get a stone in my shoes! Waah! I want reimbursment every time someone says something I dont like, waaah! Reimburse me!!!! Waaah Waaah!

Stop whining, heh.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------