Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First thread

Talking First thread

Sure it counts, even if I made the forum.

Anyhow, to start off, a couple of links for those who haven't visited them yet, or want to have a new look:

Booster pack press release

Shadowlands page

Have fun!

too bad im quitting soon, when all this goodie goodie comes out....

/me sad, me look for comfort in my Brontoburgers......
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

looking good...

you know ...

whenever i see a new info post or some gimmick included that addresses a game issue you renew my faith for a few weeks.

just remember we gamers are a fickle picky merurial bunch of paranoid shizos.

so keep the info flowing, hopefully that will tune down the whine fest a bit.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

It's bout furgin time

Though I suggested it so long ago...

Mwahaha I onwz0rz j00 all
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Well, that chat log is about what I expected from a d00d IRC channel.

Between all the wedgie and thong references, I was able to make out something...

Question

Now its about time, its comeing, but some qustions when is shadowlands released in Europe if it comes theyre, and whens the booster pack final release out to europe, i think Funcom should think of releaseing stuff sooner theyre....

This has been suggested before, most likely, but I'd like to see the booster pack available for download as long as payment for it is deducted via your credit-card first, of course.

Besides, if the game client itself can be downloaded at 650+ MB, the booster pack should be considerably smaller, even with new sounds, graphics and other features. Hopefully, things will head this way and allow for the booster to be downloadable.

Shipping it around would take several days extra, and might invoke customs fees of various sizes. Shipping the CD with the booster to people would probably be the best option for those lacking DSL/cable/broadband connection, though.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Hehe... Why would you want to pay first? Much better to pay via the subscription later on If its possible with the game it will be possible with the booster too!

Since only Jobe is listed, can we assume that they will not be opening the other Rubi-Ka playfields?

Scorus

Snublefot (Norsk navn og greier! Flottings. ), I think most companies that run a serious business prefer that their customers pay for software -before- they begin downloading.

Not sure how FC is going to do this, but the above does seem to be the business standard as far as I know..
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

No its in fact Urundi *grin* (okay busted)

Disagree on this one. It is much easier to bundle the retail package with a key that you have to tie (register) to your account. Online games are very nice (for the company) this way. Even if you download it, you will have to pay before you play. And thats what matters. If you had to play before you download, you would still need a key to start using it (no serverside key = hello pirates). And would you like to pay twice to download it twice? Nah... Not very practical, and you would have to implement a system that let customers download twice

Best way to do it (in my opinion) is to pop a nice little window for every account that tries to play the game from a client with the booster installed. "Accept that your account will be charged $***?" (and a nice little explenation for why...) Yes/No. Might even have a "supply CD-Key" option in that window (darn, I sound like a project statement from my "Boss").

Hehe... We've solved the problem for them Kzak, where do I send my consultant invoice?

Originally posted by Scorus
    Since only Jobe is listed, can we assume that they will not be opening the other Rubi-Ka playfields?

Scorus
    Apparently not, because they've stated that there are more zones for Rubi-Ka in the expansion.

Talking Booster Pack Pricing

Ah well, why not charge every time I install the game? So if I have a computer at home and a laptop, I can cheerfully pay twice for an expansion.

Or perhaps every time I start, this would make client crashes all the more interesting for FC and explain why they're so usual.

Never mind ...
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Myers

Apparently not, because they've stated that there are more zones for Rubi-Ka in the expansion.
    Yeah, but which ones? They've stated the new playfields will be on the "dark side" of Rubi-Ka...well, unless something is whack with the lands we have, that'd mean those gaps in our map (Plains of Salt etc,) are part of some new patch coming up.

Apart from Jobe, I don't think Funcom has said zip on what other pf's are included with Shadowlands.

Originally posted by Ulujain

Yeah, but which ones? They've stated the new playfields will be on the "dark side" of Rubi-Ka...well, unless something is whack with the lands we have, that'd mean those gaps in our map (Plains of Salt etc,) are part of some new patch coming up.

Apart from Jobe, I don't think Funcom has said zip on what other pf's are included with Shadowlands.
    Pretty sure they mentionned that the other playfields would be part of futur expansion, after shadowland.

The've said at least one more zone besides Jobe is in Shadowlands (not counting the shadowlands zones)
    The Reck was mentioned.

I uploaded a more asexual version of the dev chat to my site..

here

It's actually pretty easy, I would think.

Do it exactly the same as the game download. Make it a freely available download. Then, the first time you login with the (new launcher variant for expanded game) the system will say "By logging in with the expansion game, you will activate the expansion for this account. Your account will automagically be charged $xx.xx for the expansion. Click Yes to accept this charge, or No to refuse it."

Easy enough, I'd think, and solves the problem of paying more than once if you need to re-download.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Why is this so centered around guilds? Last I heard, the 'war' was between omni and clan. Not between x guild and y guild.

So if I want to help build and maintain a tower, I'll have to join a guild full of crybabies who expect all their credits/eq/nanos to be given to them whenever they want so that I can actually participate in content?

Wouldn't it make more sense to make this omni vs clans vs neutrals? Any omni who buys the pack can participate in building and maintaing towers for their side. Same for clans and nuetrals. Those who don't pay of course can still attack and defend.

As it is now, I'm taken to believe that the only reason we need to buy the booster pack is to build and maintain towers. The actual fighting can still be done without it?

So because it's too big to be downloaded as a patch, you charge for it. It's hard for me to believe that you won't have it available for download through credit card payment. Unless this booster is bigger then the 600 mb download you already host. So...your argument makes no sense. Why not be honest about it? Size has nothing to do with it. I won't tell you what your reasons are. That's for you to tell us. But the dishonesty and play with words makes all but the neurotic fanbois view your future words with some scepticism.

And seeing as we've got swords and dragons in this supposedly sci fi game, I wouldn't be suprised in the least if they didn't model their towers after w3.

Anyways, I'm just curious why Gaute thinks guildies are the only ones who have fun in ao. (Not quite his exact words, but close.)
    Last edited by Zylina; Aug 15th, 2002 at 23:37:26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast