Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100-200 Keeper guide (info for demoted)

100-200 Keeper guide (info for demoted)

After you've farmed however many tokens you feel like at level 100 (1k being the minimum i think, 2.5k if you're extra keen ) you should be starting to do something that haunts us all: twinking

TWINKING

Even if this is just implants and armour it is still an important part of your gameplay (unless you want to be seriously underpowered compared to all the other players around you, which i KNOW is not fun) if you don't have money for implants and armour: there's a great money making guide somewhere in these forums and remember: clicksaver is your friend! download here

Right implants: well you should be getting in ql 200 ones in now, but this will be beyond some of the newer players so ql 160-190 should suffice these can be obtained by blitzing missions for implants and then getting a friendly fixer to clean them for you
    Next implant them with whatever you want, an ideal pvm setup is this: Implant setup

The symbiants will set you back a few million a piece but this can easily solved by (again) using clicksaver. A good idea at this point is to stay at level 112 and roll lots of ql 200 missions for nice moneymaking items such as the jobe made bladestaff which will sell nicely from 5-10million credits, also rolling ql 200 nano charged weapons sell nicely as well (2-4million a piece):
    Nano-charged assault rifle
    Nano-charged rifle
    I am sure that lots of other things are good moneymakers too but those are two that i found did the job best =).
    Ok now you're nicely twinked from the inside time for armour:

ARMOUR

First tier keeper armour is not half bad at all ( I know I was ecstatic when i got my first set) the add hp/init/rspeed/evade/fastattack are all good and the ACs are equal to enforcers Tier 1. Fill up remaing spots with CAS, carb (sided), prowler, predator, the sided shoulderpads are very nice for your otherwise naked shoulders (neuts can get clan+omni versions for a massive +400 hp boost).
    Here is something like what you should be aiming for: Armour setup

If tier 1 is not an option for you then CAS and carbonum will suffice until you can grab yourself a set, prowler armour from CoH is nice for opifex evade keepers. Pirateme suggests bellum, this is ONLY an option for atrox keepers at sub level 200 I am afraid, it would take ridiculous twinking to get 870 stamina on a solitus before level 200 especially if you are clan.

WEAPON

A very important aspect of your keeping life =) while you won't be doing as much damage as the MAs,Shades and soldiers, you will be pumping out decent amounts of solid regular damage if you are equipped right. Now this isn't true for me because i used a frosty til 125 when i got my FBR so don't take my example lol, try and get yourself a sacrosanct sword staff/inamorta nagintana, the recharge might look unsavoury but trust me: adding a enel-thar glyph to it will make it OD the frosty by a large chunk and don't even think of using the stygian at elysium hecks you will hit maximum 400 a hit and crits won't be much better. If you're REALLY lucky and find a keeper turnspirit by some fluke then adding that to your swordstaff will make it even better. It will turn into a double sword of counteraction with a min dmg of 250 WITH fastattack and brawl, it also does cold damage which sets you up nicely for the FBR if you are going that route.

If you want to spend a few weeks farming credits then i FIRMLY recommend getting a longsword of the illuminated, it absolutely rips apart all mobs from nasc-scheol that aren't hecklers. Another similar weapon to this is the copy of the excalibur and this REALLY does own everything up to adonis hecks. The bad thing is you will need a very nice crit setup as the low min damage will not grant you very nice regular hits. FBR is still the weapon of choice here but if you can get your hands on a abyssal desecrator then lots of people will gawp in awe at how you hold aggro with a styg
    Heres a list of the weapons i've mentioned starting with the lowest level ones(and a few others):
    Energy Scythe Ahh good old energy...what? Steer clear of this monstrosity if you can, slow speed, insane fastattack recharge only made up by mediocre damage, stick with your AI backyard kyr sword
    Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire Our first decent weapon, no damage rane means you hit for the same damage no matter what you do, even crits do the same damage, downside is it is a little slow but upside is you can do considerable damage on high AC mobs such as hecklers
    Stygian Desolator Our second but not quite as essential weapon, faster than the frost scythe, this weapon boasts good overall damage against low AC mobs, it also has a nice proc which has a 6% chance of doing 15 damage a pop for 14 hits with a offense/defense debuff added in too, great for levelling.
    Sacrosanct Sword Staff The next step up if you're lucky enough to find one of these, they boast a min damage higher than the frosty and also a higher MBS which means it will last you longer, these can be found from ql 100-300 but you would want to stop at about ql 180 as then you will have enough 2he for a FBR or other Inner sanctum 2he weapon. The things have the advantage of being upgraded: TWICE, and here's how:
    Find a grey glyph off enel-thar these drop frequently off mortiigs in elysium and won't take long to find one. Find a friendly tradeskiller and ask him to add the slyph to your sword and voila you get this: Sacrosanct Enel-Thar Sword Staff This sword with the addition of fastattack and brawl makes it quite a potent weapon, and there's a way of making it even better! Remember what i said about turnspirits? hehe Turn Spirit of Gil Ogimag the Defender find one of these in a static dungeon in SL or maybe buy one off the global marketing system, add this to your enel-thar sword and this happens...Double Sword of Counteraction Now this weapon removes the brawl requirement, you may say well this means less damage, but at lowere levels where you will be using this, ips are very tigh and you will welcome the fact tat it doesn't have a brawl requirement, it also has a small, but handy bonus to max health which will get bigger as the ql of the sword increases
    Inamorata Naginata This is just the omni equivalent of the weapon above.
    Longsword of the Illuminated One of the best keeper weapons, but works on low AC mobs only unfortunately (ie not hecklers) a very expensive and rare piece of equipment, don't get your hopes up for this one unless you're prepared to farm a long time.
    Frost-Bound Reaper The big brother to the frosty, same advantages, same shortcomings except the slow attack is expressed in another way: the =1100melee init debuff on it, good news is you only need to have -100 or so melee init to make this thing swing at 1/1 but you must be at full agrro. A min damage of 386 makes it a very powerful scythe and a MBS of 1150 means you will be doing 1.3-1.4k a HIT if you have hit the MBS of this beast, acquired at level 125 from the Inner sanctum, 2nd floor.
    Abyssal DesecratorBig bro to the styg, again with the same good and bad thigns about it, although this version has a meaty max damage of 666 crits with this thing are not bad at all. Drops from HEZAK on the 3rd floor of the inner sanctum.
    Permafrost cool name if you ask me, basically a toned down abyssal desecrator but in some respects better: it has a root proc which roots whatever you're fighting with a 7% chance.
    Copy of the ExcaliburAhh we've moved back to medievil times when king Arther was around, this baby, although less rare and expensive than theLongsword of the Illuminated is by far the best choice for RK and low AC mobs in SL, a GIGANTIC max damage of 800 along with the respectable 100 crit will ensure your crits will make up for the 70-90million spent on this sword, may be difficult to equip before level 160 but twinks have been known to do it at around level 90.
    Kyr'ozch Sword type-880 If you don;t have that much cash then go for this type, ive seen ql 240+ go for less than 10mil and this sword is veyer decent with the addition of fastattack, the only drawback is the parry/riposte requirements although this isn't that much of a drawback as keepers have the best parry/riposte buffs ingame. This will only OD the FBR at 1/1 form ql 220 onwards (though i used a ql 190 instead because the FBR was driving me crazy)
    Kyr'ozch Sword type-112 The favourite sword for the high level keepers, high min damage on the alien weapon and the addition of Fastattack, Brawl and Dimach make this weapon extremely formidable, it is quite costly however as the type 112 bio material is used to make several other alien weapons. May set you back 20mil+ for a ql 200+ sword
    SKILLS
    Knowing where to put those precious ips will help you plan your keeper better and save you the hassle of nasty ip resets and periods of tight ips, here is a definitive list of where to spend your points:
    Abilities: I make it a habit of MAXING every single ability, but it has been know that keepers can get on perfectly well skimping on the Psychic and Sense
    Body Dev. is a max skill, more hp is never bad
    Nanopool: this is a tricky one, only raise it enough so you can cast all of your current auras,as they so require insane amounts of nano to cast
    Brawling: if you have a weapon that requires brawling, then try and keep this up to date, brawl crits do insane amounts of damage
    Dimach:Not essential at all at these levels, leave it well alone until you reach stages where you hit title caps (135-150, 165-190) then you can splash out on this very nice heal.
    2handed edged weapons: always keep this maxed
    Fastattack: I personally keep this maxed (its a green skill you might as well) but some people, due to ip troubles only raise this enough to equip weapons or use flurries. Maxing this skill has 2 benfits: you hit more often with it and you crit more often with it.
    Computer literacy:don't be put off by the dark blue colour, C lit is one of the most important skills for every profession so max this always.
    Psychology: Not really used for anything except putting towers down and making glyphs and jobe implants, a green skill and i kept this high to put down nicer towers.
    Melee init: i tend to max this being a green skill and needs to be maxed if you're using a FBR
    evade clsc:max this, more u have more hits you evade and the less you get crit from up close and personal attacks, whcih is what the majority of SL mobs do
    Dodge-rng: Bit more expensive than evade but worth putting some in to evade and reduce crit from ranged attacks
    Duck-exp: same as above
    Matter metamorphasis:not used in anything dont put any ips here
    Bio metamophasis: used in all your auras, so kinda important, i usually raise this enough so i can self cast the best auras for my level with just comp nano
    Psychological modifications: Other main nanoskill for auras, same for BM
    Matter creation: used for nothing
    Sensory Improvement: Used in your weapon skill buffs,max enough so you can cast your buffs obviously =P
    Time&Space:used in our procs, nottoo important at this stage, if you have spare ips during title caps then it may be worth dumping a few points into here for more damage.
    PERKS
    Profession perks:
    Blessing: One of the most imprtant perks for a high level keeper (170+) starts off with a small heal of about 130 called lay on hands and scales up as you level and put more perks into this line at the moment it heals me for 763 points at leevl 205 with 6 perks into this line At blessing 7 you get a mega heal called curing touch which starts off at 3k but at 220 with 10 perks into this line it heals up to 6.9k a complete lifesaver. Adds 2770 hp with 10 perks into it.
    Aura of Revival: A ncie perk to have form the lower levels but the usefulness dissapates after level 120ish, a great soloing+team tool to have at lowbie levels as the 7 second pulse heals for a lot then. Only recommended for new keepers =D heals 700ish at perk 10.
    Crusade:A very nice perkline for lowbies, the DoT does about 300 damage a pop to start off with and can really bump up your damage from levels 15-50, also adds hp which is nice melee init, also nice and fastattack for your twinking needs =). At perk 6 you get a nice team Add all off and HoT **** info on purify welcome****
    Holy Mark: Adds HP ACs and evades and the perk actions debuffs add all off/def, sounds like a nice line yes? =P I suggest leaving this line out until high shadowlevels and when you're more geared towards pvm and soloing, the evades and hp can be lifesavers and the debuffs help you crit a lot more.
    Street Samurai: +passive damage is very nice +185 dmg at perk 10, a fastattack bonus so maybe useful for twinking, also a small 2he bonus, completely destroys your ranged init so forget about pvp if you have this line perked. Primarily a DD line just to bump up ur damage the perks also do a fair amount of damage. This perkline can equal yyour damage to shades if you know what you're doin =)
    Group perks
    BIO SHIELDING: OMG do i even have to tell people still? Max this perkline whenever you can, wurd.
    Last edited by manaas; May 5th, 2006 at 16:54:20.

i find twinking at ttl5 a nice break from the hecklers/missions. bellum at lvl 160-170 isn't the hughest of challenges and it sets a nice touch to yer keeper. of it's ugly but the stats r nice. i went for coat, sleeves, pads @ 165. and FF chest. (990 Cl is actually doable without 1k token board ^_^ if anyone was wondering)

now i'm perking back to normal again, bio/reaver/blessing.
    may change blessing for SS just for more dmg.

<my 2 cents>

/crillion
    Piratequeen[Fixer]
    Thrillseekey[Shade]
    Crillion[Keeper]
    Ballrom[Doctor]
    Sunnio[Trader]

Quote Originally Posted by pirateme
    i find twinking at ttl5 a nice break from the hecklers/missions. bellum at lvl 160-170 isn't the hughest of challenges and it sets a nice touch to yer keeper. of it's ugly but the stats r nice. i went for coat, sleeves, pads @ 165. and FF chest. (990 Cl is actually doable without 1k token board ^_^ if anyone was wondering)

now i'm perking back to normal again, bio/reaver/blessing.
    may change blessing for SS just for more dmg.

<my 2 cents>

/crillion
    bleeeeeeaaah Yea I should be trying to find some Bellum but I went thru a month and a half of perk resets to get my sword on my keeper and thats enough for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

WEAPON

A very important aspect of your keeping life =) while you won't be doing as much as the MAs,Shades and soldiers
    Throw a excali on, and you will do some brutal damage against ely hecks. Not many classes that out damage you there then.
    Account Created 2001-07-14 16:48:51
    Playing atm
    Slaxoor Equip
    Proud member of Empire of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Slaxoor
    Throw a excali on, and you will do some brutal damage against ely hecks. Not many classes that out damage you there then.
    Yep. Excali RULZ.
    I may have a shallow mind, but you can kiss my behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaxoor
    I would have thought the low min on an excalibur limited it's damage at ely, i tried naginatas for a bit, but ended up back at a frosty hating the slow speed of naginatas, also they seemed to work better on rk, frosty is actually a decent option here imo, decent being relative ofc because it's a pretty dry spot for keepers.

Also Manaas if you want to write this up consolidating all the ideas put here with their take on it and your opinion, i'd be happy to sticky it for you.
    The stickies generally need updating i think, i'm in the process of writing one on our perks as that's usually a popular "use the damn search" kinda thread
    But of course, other people writing stuff up is always good, because it not only gives an extra viewpoint but also means I don't have to rewrite the entire sticky section

Something on armours and a general weapon guide might be good considering the very old info found in Balrogis/Lord_rapid's guides, if anyone out there would want to do something like that
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

oh ok, if you think they need updating ill be happy to amalgamate everything posted here, armour+weapon choices will go up tonight then =)

Btw if any1 fancies teaching me how to do fancy text stuff like colour and different sizes and also posting links with the names instead of just the URL would be greatly appreciated, i want to make a guide that is readable and nicely presented with a lot of information. I think the problem with the stickies atm is that they're huge blocks of solid text which new players find quite hard to read and take in.
    Last edited by manaas; Apr 28th, 2006 at 21:53:51.

Consider yourself taught

as text that would be:

[URL="http://forums.anarchy-online.com/misc.php?do=bbcode"]Consider yourself taught[/URL]

Just experiment and use the "Preview post" button to see how it looks before you post.
    "So, how'd you come to the conclusion that anyone disagreeing with you is stupid?"

"Well, it stands to reason, if I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. Therefore any other opinion must be wrong, thus, stupid."

awesome thnx szas

Wewt! Now I can spam in colors!

more input very welcome, i can't be the sole authority on keepers here

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    more input very welcome, i can't be the sole authority on keepers here
    You are with Bal here.
    Kelvera 220 Shade
    Emerelda 220 Crat

Looks good...

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator
    i tried naginatas for a bit, but ended up back at a frosty hating the slow speed of naginatas, also they seemed to work better on rk, frosty is actually a decent option here imo
    If I can get FBR and 1110 melee init at 130, is there ANY reason I should still use Frosty or a naginata/swordstaff instead? Just checking...

Quote Originally Posted by Excalipoor
    Looks good...

If I can get FBR and 1110 melee init at 130, is there ANY reason I should still use Frosty or a naginata/swordstaff instead? Just checking...
    No, my post was in reference to situation at 90ish-125, also you only need to get -75 init overall to be 1/1 at full agg.

Also it seems Kel missed my sticky with the 4 () stars either side of it, because if he'd bothered to search he'd find my guide a few posts down

As for input, those titles burn their shapes into my vision, bit smaller and less bright maybe
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator
    I would have thought the low min on an excalibur limited it's damage at ely, i tried naginatas for a bit, but ended up back at a frosty hating the slow speed of naginatas, also they seemed to work better on rk, frosty is actually a decent option here imo, decent being relative ofc because it's a pretty dry spot for keepers.
    The thing is that excaliburs doesnt do min damage on hecks in ely. Or atleast didnt when I was at that lvl with my keeper. But as soon as you get to adonis it starts to do min damage.
    And yes, Naginatas/swordstaffs, FBR and KyrOzch Type 112 are all a nice weapons to use in ely, and alot cheaper.

What I used and was pretty satesfied with was:

Nasc: Frost scyth of the Legionnaire (used it up to around 60)
    Late Nasc/early ely (not ely hecks) Sword of Illuminati
    Ely: Copy of Excalibur (used it until adonis, witch was around 160-170)
    Adonis/Penumbra: KyrOzch Type 112 (used it ever since)
    Last edited by Slaxoor; Apr 29th, 2006 at 13:55:21.
    Account Created 2001-07-14 16:48:51
    Playing atm
    Slaxoor Equip
    Proud member of Empire of the Sun

more info added enjoy

zomg i just had to delete 2.5k characters because post was too long, nerf =(

What about Odum Blades? Better than 112s? I think so

I wield an Odum Blade (drops from alien generals), and it's not mentioned in this guide or either of the other two keeper weapon guides in the sticky post.

Sure, it requires melee energy, but so what? The melee energy req is very low (about 2/3 of the 2he req). You have to spend a few IP, but it implants in the otherwise useless left wrist, and it's also in the infantry symbs.

Overall, the reqs on it are very low. Consider my QL241 Odum Blade:

AttackTime: 2.5s
    RechargeTime: 2.5s
    Damage: 248-509 (81) -- EnergyAC
    ToWield:
    Self 2hEdged >= 1265
    Self MeleeEnergy >= 844
    Self FastAttack >= 703
    Self Brawl >= 844

To compare apples to apples, you have to look at a QL190 Type 112, which has about the same 2he req:
    AttackTime: 1.5s
    RechargeTime: 1.5s
    Damage: 241-312 (241) -- EnergyAC
    ToWield:
    Self 2hEdged >= 1269
    Self FastAttack >= 635
    Self Brawl >= 762
    Self Dimach >= 255

Same min damage, lower crit, and a little slower, but much higher max damage.

So in the damage simulator:
    QL241 Odum Blade: 19632 points
    QL190 112 Kyr: 18191 points

Now at first, the 112 might do better against hecks because of the speed difference, but once you get your melee init up, that becomes much less relevant.

Plus, the Odum Blade looks like an actual sword (and a pretty decent one at that), instead of like a saw.

Odum Blade ftw!
    Valkyrieval, 220 Keeper, Rimor
    plus way too many alts!

Only thing I don't like about is: Melee Energy (as you noted), but also the lack of Dimach
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

The melee energy also factors into the AR, and your lower melee energy skill makes your AR very poor indeed resulting in lower dmg over, the max dmg may be higher but in situations where that is needed you can easily swap to a CoE, abyssal desecrator, permafrost etc also the speed of the thing is very relevant, a kyr sword is much much easier to get full def and even at endgame possible to get 1/1 full def fairly easily, and you should never trust damage calcs btw, they're usually way off the mark if that's your choice of weapon then so be it, but that would be the reasons why it isn't mentioned in either of the sticky guides, even though the guides are fairly old... would be nice to see a few people chip in and sort that out, gonna go finish off my perks guide now
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast