Thread: Ya know what's really kinda silly...

Red face Ya know what's really kinda silly...

is that when you create a character, you go to the race BEFORE the profession! It is silly because, newbies, or otherwise less-witted folks, create Opifex enforcers, or Atrox NT's.

The character creation should be changed and the profession should be chosen first, then based on the profession, only certain breeds be available. Now, you might say, "well then isn't that kinda dumb??!" "What if I wanna make an Atrox MP?" Well, I donno why you would want to, it would be pointless and stupid....

Which opens up a whole other bag of worms really, *mindless babble*what is the point in the first place? What is the ultimate goal? There are no high level raid worthy zones or targets really to speak of (shadowlands not taken into consideration), but still, there isnt anything to concour.*end of mindless babble*

So anyway, back to character creation, there should be more description of the profession available during the character creation stage, so that players can read about Typical weapons, strategies and so forth that the profession might use. Heck, wouldn't it be kinda neat to have a"First weapon of choice" Interface or stage of the character creation? Where you have chosen your profession, then race, and then you go to an additional stage, where you could pick from like 4 different startup weapons? Doctors, and adventurers would especially love this, as you always see adventurers using 1he instead of pistols, or a doc using a bow, or an enforcer using 2hb or 2he instead of the startup 1hb.

Just thinking outloud, feel free to rip me a new one now, thankyou for reading.

Tek

variety is the ****e of life...

Snarf was the master Atrox NT and nearly unbeatable for a long time... he was very well known on Rubi-ka for his rogue ways. I think he laid the groundwork for many people that wanted to go out and be as unique as him. If you play a character well any breed will work.... In fact as level 200 there isn't all that much difference between an opifex, solitus, or nano breed.... there is however considerable difference between these and atrox, because it appears like Funcom screwed up on the atroxes breed caps.

To the first post: And game of carbon copy characters all wearing MK II is what you want then? There would be a point to breeds at all if it was proffession based. I think breed first is the right way to go.

To the second post: Nano breed is close to all the others? thats funny. Nano breed is by far the most gimped breed physcially possible. Atrox is second. When reading the first post, the thought came to my mind about mentioning Snarf. He's sure be proud to know everyone stll knows him.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier