Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tradeskill Items: where to get them ? V3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Azte View Post
    Crackerjack Sleeves dropped at couple of minutes ago from the dryad boss Slinky on Adonis.
    How nice !!
    Now go sell it to some rich and greedy engi for an incredible amount of credats.... And then ask him for free tradeskills :P

Quote Originally Posted by nukemaster View Post
    How nice !!
    Now go sell it to some rich and greedy engi for an incredible amount of credats.... And then ask him for free tradeskills :P
    Please stick to the subject.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Deformed Mantidae Mandibles Can anyone tell me in what qls they drop? Is ql200 possible? If not, what is the max ql you ever saw?
    Nevermind, just saw the trader only tag
    Last edited by muha; Nov 21st, 2006 at 15:03:46.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

this needs to be stickied if you don't mind
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynotor View Post
    this needs to be stickied if you don't mind
    We don't sticky in the engi forums, we have one sticky thread called "reference threads" which links to all the important threads.

Added Visionist Tool/Diviner's Helper and Pharmacist's Pad. I know Pharmacist's Pad is in game, can someone say where it drops? And don't copy paste auno please.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    As the level of the boss varies a little, it's not level 60 only.
    What does that mean precisely? What do you mean by "it's"? The boss level, or the mission level?

So far, I've found that the level of the boss does not vary depending upon the mission slider settings, i.e., at level 61, a 47% mission setting always yielded a level 62 boss (I haven't done enough tries to be able to say for certain).

At level 61, a 45% mission results in a 57 boss.
    At level 62, a 45% mission results in a 58 boss.
    At level 62, a 46% mission results in a 58 boss.
    At level 62, a 47% mission results in a 64 boss!!!??????

This guide says that a level 76 setting missions at 20% would result in an exact match: http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/armor_bronto.html

I tried that with my level 77 engineer, but couldn't get a level 60 boss and it was excruciatingly boring. So I put my level 61 keeper on it and it's still boring, but at least she's getting exp and tokens for the trouble. But I can't find a spot to get a level 60 boss at all.

So if it's true that a Photon Particle Emitter can drop off any boss whose level is between 60 and 70, that would be great!

So can anyone confirm that?
    Last edited by Tommara; Nov 23rd, 2006 at 05:28:11.

I got myself a pharmacists pad, and I'm sure it dropped from a temple mob. And...checking auno, the Nero temple does make sense. It would be from one of the three mobs, Prophet, Omega, or Shere, but I don't remember which one.
    Also, the profession specific mantis things will drop in QLs that mantis armor parts do, since they all drop from the same mantis mobs.
    Last edited by Novafox; Nov 23rd, 2006 at 05:28:03.

Quote Originally Posted by tommara
    What does that mean precisely? What do you mean by "it's"? The boss level, or the mission level?
    If you are refering to the shape hard or soft pppe, you don't get them from mission bosses, you get them from chest loot in the mission. If you can roll a level 60 mission you should be able to find one if you look for hard enough. There is wiggle room though mew, sometimes the chest loot can be +/- around 5 ql of the mission so potentialy you can find a pppe in a 55-65 mission. To know what level mission you are rolling a decent reference is using help bot to first find if you can roll a level 60 mission and then using click saver to look for the difficulty setting that gives you ql 60 loot.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Novafox View Post
    I got myself a pharmacists pad, and I'm sure it dropped from a temple mob. And...checking auno, the Nero temple does make sense. It would be from one of the three mobs, Prophet, Omega, or Shere, but I don't remember which one.
    Thank you for the verification. I just didn't want people to send me to look at auno, I know how to look there myself, and much of the information there is false, so a verification was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    If you are refering to the shape hard or soft pppe, you don't get them from mission bosses, you get them from chest loot in the mission....
    From personal experience, you can also get them from the boss.

Hi, there is also Chemist's Pad that drops from the same mobs as Pharmacist's Pad.
    I looted one in Utopolis Temple from the Empath (not really sure if it was from her or another mob).

While I know that visionist tool drops more or less often... Any location of Diviner's helper? Never saw one. Killed whole redeemed side in Penumbra/Inferno more than once...
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by Kongar_Ol View Post
    Hi, there is also Chemist's Pad that drops from the same mobs as Pharmacist's Pad.
    I looted one in Utopolis Temple from the Empath (not really sure if it was from her or another mob).
    Thank you, added it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    While I know that visionist tool drops more or less often... Any location of Diviner's helper? Never saw one. Killed whole redeemed side in Penumbra/Inferno more than once...
    I really can't say. The highest Visionist I am aware of is in Inferno Dark Marshes, though I'm almost certain there is also one in the omni pande garden. Did you look for Diviners in the clan pande garden?

Funny tradeskilling stories: i was very bored and tired today and wanted to avoid all tradeskill requests, so i walked around RK in Albrecht Tank Armor + Kyr Sword, to look like crappy keeper or enf. Didnt help a lot and soon someone aproached me to make q300 combined. Long story short, i noticed my psych is higher then usual somehow. Albrecht Heavy Tank Armor gives +20 Psychology.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    If you are refering to the shape hard or soft pppe, you don't get them from mission bosses, you get them from chest loot in the mission. If you can roll a level 60 mission you should be able to find one if you look for hard enough. There is wiggle room though mew, sometimes the chest loot can be +/- around 5 ql of the mission so potentialy you can find a pppe in a 55-65 mission. To know what level mission you are rolling a decent reference is using help bot to first find if you can roll a level 60 mission and then using click saver to look for the difficulty setting that gives you ql 60 loot.
    I found all mine from Team Mission Boss loot. Soloed just bunch of L55-65 Team Missions and got lucky! This was few years ago, so not sure if things have changed.

* Vinfix - Tradeskillz & Friendly Smile *

My little army:

Atlantean: Vinfix - Winday - Moboca - Nodawn - Daicy

Rimor: Artzi - Bscar (both on long vacation)

This thread needs an update... when I find the time/feel like it

Added:
    Ofab armor
    Ancient Skills Library
    Alien Augmentation Device - Technical Knowledge
    Alien Augmentation Device - Medical
    Alien Augmentation Device - Insight
    OFAB Engineer Protective Gear
    Enhanced Dustbrigade Chemist Gloves
    Rusty's Ring of Bolts
    Last edited by muha; Aug 28th, 2007 at 21:18:08.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123