Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current PvP Situation...

Thumbs down Current PvP Situation...

I open this thread mainly as a discussion... and mostly to talk about the current state of engineer pvp... for people to realize / funcom to open its eyes to the fact that engineers cant really do much... in the ways of mass pvp....

After 3 rounds of battle station today, I wasnt able to kill a single person... now this is quite distrubing... and no I wasnt running around in a tutu with boxing gloves... I actually got the pets out this time, had my little masters bidding nano running, and that advanced hacking software....

I think the biggest problem is the fact that pets... miss... thats right people.. our chicken bot misses people... why is this? Well if your not blind you can see that over the past... o I dont know... 4-5 or so patches.. funcom has been giving out the love with items... AAD here, evade close there... some more NR here.. it all starts to add up.. the problem?

We havent got a single... a SINGLE AAO increasing, or damage increasing nano for our pets... (void masters bidding, which isnt even useable by most engies because of PM / SI.... more on this later)

Along with the evades / aad funcom everyone seems to be so full of these days, NR is another thing on the list... we all know intrusive aura worked great before (sarcasm off) but now theres no chance in hell of it working... I havent gotten it to work on a single person as of late.. which as anyone can tell you means no kills... we have no slows, snares, roots (lolcakes to root grafts) people just run from the pets / us.... or better yet... kite, or stand on the platforms so they cant get hit...

I know nick is pretty much retired from pvp.. and although I wouldnt say im.. a "pvp" engie, after today I think its pretty much useless to even try to kill someone on BS... and if your not killing people.. is there a point really..? no.. didnt think so... (and no I dont need VP)

Its quite obvious that with out a content designer, whos an old professional of your profession.. that you get nothing done.... yah for clue-less funcom....

So thats my rant for today, tune in next week when we cover 5 gem aruls!
    Last edited by Takun; Aug 26th, 2007 at 17:46:17.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Engi offense stands pretty much at where it was on SL launch while the defense bar for other profs has obviously risen making it crap, our defense is exactly the same since sl launch(well worse actually due to blocker nerf but im thinking about the intended def here) while other profs have gained lots of offense (melee dmg based weaponry for reaver profs, new dots/nukes, high damage perks losing their req for acro etc) making it crap too

when are engis geting some help?

we're not, every time we bitch about it we just have idiots go "OMG! I had an engineer kill me once while I was afk taking a ****!" The only prof that does worse then us is shade, even trader can kill more than us.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Its obvious to me that no developer did a look into engineer pvp gameplay for propably years now.

So they just dont realise engineer pvp is broken. I will risk a statement that we are more broken than Shades and Traders at the moment.

NOT broken in terms who dies more often or who can tank more people.

Broken in terms of gameplay.

We have not bad defense (though its no way godmode like some people try to paint it) But: Shade is a gank class, Trader is debuffer class, they are supossed to be squishy. Engineer? I just dont know what i are supposed to be.

We dont have any purpose in pvp. None. Null. Nada.

No alpha. No debuffs. No weapons. No good perks. Crappy and easily disabled pets. No good crowd control.

Defense? Unchanged , so in fact nerfed as everyone else gets stronger, since 4 years.

We used to be a Soldier killer, but atm everyone just asks a Trader or NT, they can do that much more effective.

From my "oldschool" (playing alone, hunting titles) way of pvping, average day on BS is : chased by 150 farmers, running out of defensive perks, unable to hit back (because i have nothing in my toolset to hurt them) , dying hopelessly, deco, repeat.

From casual VP farmer point of view, i suppose you can enjoy blitzing control points , at least i enjoyed that a lot, but can this even be called " pvp" ?

And if someone tries to tell me Engineers have a good offense because our pets hurt a lot, i will poke your eyes with a fork. I had 217 Agent tanking me and Techie for one minute few days ago, he only died because 3rd person rooted him.

Yes you heard right, we couldnt kill AGENT, THE SQUISHY GANK AND RUN CLASS. This is how good engineer offense is.

Unfortunatly, to fix a class, you need devs that play it.

We are just a O_o blockers+cocoon O_o to them, just as to majority of playerbase. And until they'll understand that we only have blockers, because our defense is somehow backwards (0 evades) , nothing will change.

I'm not going to list possible improvements , its 8 months since LE came out and we still got s**t when it comes to pvp improvements, so list is far longer then i feel like typing.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Aug 26th, 2007 at 20:57:07.

Agreed with all the above posts, I'd say we just need a bit more offensive power. I think our Defense is pretty much set in stone, and if the absorb proc didn't cancel coon, I'd be happy with the amount of defense we get. But honestly, while other prof's AR have been going up and up, mine has hardly gone up, from the Alb combat tuners only, besides that, our offense has gotten no upgrades. Master's Bidding isn't an option for me because I do have tradeskills. I'm basically a tradeskiller with an REC instead of pistols.
    Gotrice: 220/25 opifex (retired, too unworthy of my CC)
    The Renaissance <3
    quitted.
    Playing WoW with the other young children.
    Sneakyrice on Frostmane (US)

I think one of the major problems here is that funcom still hasnt upgraded pets... everything and mostly everyone else has gotten a new gun, a new nano, a new peice of armour etc etc since lost eden came out... well guess what.. were a pet profession... our damage comes from.... (drum roll) .. Pets!

Pets that havent been touched since SL came out... they no longer work "as intended" their AR is no longer good enough.. their damage is alright, although I personally always saw engies as top DD pet class, having 2, 200+ DD pets....

Crats and Metas both got new pet buffs, in the forms off more AAD, More damage, and DD procs... engies? well we get.. uh... 25% charm and calm res... woo hoo
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    Agreed with all the above posts, I'd say we just need a bit more offensive power. I think our Defense is pretty much set in stone, and if the absorb proc didn't cancel coon, I'd be happy with the amount of defense we get. But honestly, while other prof's AR have been going up and up, mine has hardly gone up, from the Alb combat tuners only, besides that, our offense has gotten no upgrades. Master's Bidding isn't an option for me because I do have tradeskills. I'm basically a tradeskiller with an REC instead of pistols.
    Well i've been thinking there are 3 ways this can go.

Either they can upgrade/fix our defense (fixing the absorb proc, change one on helmet - but this are FIXES, not "engi lub") , and some kind of root resist would be a start, i wouldnt mind more reflect too.

If i am supposed to dont have any offense at all - which is how current situation looks like - i want to be a last man standing instead. Then give us something so we could poop in other proffesions NCU and run away. ( better area blind and dereflect come into mind).

Or they can fix offense , change fooking Masters Biding to TS/MC already, double attack speed on pets , new weapon, improved snare aura would be a start here.

Third way is they will continue doing what they do since, December, doing very useful stuff like : adding even better shrink nano, pink paint for pets, fixing recharge on slayedroid transference, fixing OE on pets for 150th time, etc. etc. And new pet heal + range init buff too .
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Aug 26th, 2007 at 22:06:11.

I don't know about you guys, but my vote is for the pink paint idea.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I personally would like a higher version of Omni-Pol Pacification Logic System
    Gotrice: 220/25 opifex (retired, too unworthy of my CC)
    The Renaissance <3
    quitted.
    Playing WoW with the other young children.
    Sneakyrice on Frostmane (US)

Engis in pvp ... thas a hard one

My opinion on that is that defence we can get pretty decent , but it req alot of work i mean we got something . Im not sayng we have enought but we have some cant whine that much .

But the problem is our offence its pretty silly , what we need as a engi from my point of view is probebly our symbs changed i mean hell when it comes to pure pvp setup engi 60% of our setup is implants and 40% is symbs and even those suck . Wepon ... thas anouther problem to since atm we have no wepon to call it atleast decent .

What wepons do we have to pick from are i would say :
    Grenade - Lets be serrios what you gona kill with fling and no As ?
    Re - Pretty good wepon but we got Ar on it like a level 165 twink soldier has ... and the wepon is crit based , how can we get crit and hp or other stuff we need ... simple cant
    Pistols - What em i gona do with pistols , use onehander? that has like 80% crit base for As ?
    Shoty - What shoty is there ithaca please ... same thing as onehander
    Ma - Serriosly?!
    Bow - Same thing ar = 0 its not that crit based ok but still you wont get any decent hits and i do mean none .

Most people whine about there wepons but to be honest i played some other professions and i can tell yea engi`s got it the worst . And please dont give me that crap about pets beeing our wepon , becouse i know most of you engi`s experienced Bs and seen how people kite pets like its Lotv , I would vote for symbs as main thing and a wepon ...

Sorry if i spelled like crap .
    Last edited by iolanda; Aug 27th, 2007 at 12:18:24.
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    I think one of the major problems here is that funcom still hasnt upgraded pets... everything and mostly everyone else has gotten a new gun, a new nano, a new peice of armour etc etc since lost eden came out... well guess what.. were a pet profession... our damage comes from.... (drum roll) .. Pets!

Pets that havent been touched since SL came out... they no longer work "as intended" their AR is no longer good enough.. their damage is alright, although I personally always saw engies as top DD pet class, having 2, 200+ DD pets....

Crats and Metas both got new pet buffs, in the forms off more AAD, More damage, and DD procs... engies? well we get.. uh... 25% charm and calm res... woo hoo

Mp`s got it good even tho people dont see it yet if there was a fight betwen pure pvp end game mp and engi . My money would be on the mp for sure.
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

"Kite it like its LotV" I'm sorry but that's so true it made me laugh so hard. I've all but given up on killing people, when I couldn't out damage a 210 ma healing them selfs I gave up.

Side note its gotten so bad I don't even see the "pvp" engies on bs anymore. Like wervr.
    Last edited by Technogen; Aug 27th, 2007 at 12:51:53.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Mp`s got it good even tho people dont see it yet if there was a fight betwen pure pvp end game mp and engi . My money would be on the mp for sure.
    Well, I had some fun chasing Thell at towers, but I must agree that MPs are mostly upper hand now vs engi (both good equipped)
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Mp got nice stuff indeed : AS weap, evade/add, bloker nerf them
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I've gotten to the point where on ace it takes 3 or 4 people to take me down, and add in someone healing me and its down right impossible. But at the same point I can't kill anyone they just up and run away. We need better faster refresh snares on the pets or a direct root.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I've gotten to the point where on ace it takes 3 or 4 people to take me down, and add in someone healing me and its down right impossible. But at the same point I can't kill anyone they just up and run away. We need better faster refresh snares on the pets or a direct root.
    Something like the Intimidation skill in WoW where your pet stuns its target would be nice.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I'd just like to point out that massive crit resist added ingame destroyed offense of our pets more than anything else . They used to pack real punch with crits.

Now every Tom & Jerry is running with dozen of crit resist items and pets just dont crit anyone anymore.

And its yet another example of how Funcom doesnt take pets into consideration when making changes (by itemisation) to the game.

All players got massive amouont of crit increase. They realised its was too much, introduced some crit resistance. But pets - only see negative side of it. Same with all the evades added, all the HP, reflects, heal procs, hot procs, it is all affecting our pet offense in enourmous way.

You're nowhere near as broken as shades. You've got incredible survivability and nice damage against any non-evade proff. Also, your perks aren't that bad.

A good engi is probably the hardest proff for me to kill, and if I keep on him I'll eventually run out of nano and die even if he doesn't use notum depletion.

Just a view from the other side of the gun.

If we talk about BS pvp...why no one is mentioning the damn pet pathing in there?
    50% of the time i zone the pets remain stuck in the teleporter edge...

made a thread in Lost Eden forum but FC deleted it when i asked why can;'t we have an answer regarding the pet pathing...
    ridiculous..at least they can reply to us that they are unable to fix it....but at least say something

oh oh! that's something we havnt asked for before but dangit rusty and I talked about it long ago. We should ask for a +crit% buff for the pets. that would majorly add damage for us if it was say +25% because right now they have a 3% chance just the same of any normal mob.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast