Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Pricing for Tradeskills v3.0

yeah i got that, if the customer isnt where you left him, then his phats are now yours by default.
    After this has happened a couple of times, no one will make you wait around for them anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

If some moron claims he suddenly felt the need to run deep into Scheol why you were making his stuff , just post on OCC and Shoping channel that you giveaway whatever it was you made, because customer didn't show up to pick it up.

Its very effective in decreasing their ETA from 5-10 minutes to 5-10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Its very effective in decreasing their ETA from 5-10 minutes to 5-10 seconds.
    You still don't get it. Even if it's 2 seconds it's to much. At some time you get tired of doing tradeskills because whatever you do and howerver good you're prepared, there's always something going wrong and you loose lots of time. And you will be waiting, the guy will be sending you tells about how close he is. And really, you'll be thinking, better wait 1 more minute then creating drama about stealing stuff and having to talk to whomever and getting tells from whomever and loosing a lot more time. And in the end you'll be waiting for 3 minutes just because you wanted to be nice and make some armor for 5-10mil which you didn't need anyway and which you could have made a lot easier any other way.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Ahh ok, i see where you are going wrong now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    And really, you'll be thinking, better wait 1 more minute then creating drama
    No, better to start as much drama as possible to keep yourself entertained.
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    No, better to start as much drama as possible to keep yourself entertained.
    This is the only thread in which you crack me up
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

If you are afraid of creating a little drama, you are doomed to always go emo about tradeskilling. I see where you are coming from, but realise this: you need to make a name for yourself as tradeskiller, and you need to make high ranked connections, or you're not doing things right. There will come a moment where you will be past that phase, at which point you don't need to be ****ing nice to people. We've all been there, or most of us anyway. The simpliest policy is: If someone is annoying, 5m more or GTFO. If someone is late, 5m more or GTFO. If someone gives you wrong items: 5m more or GTFO. If someone isn't polite enough: GTFO and perma ban on services.

People will come to you because they have to, and because you are competent, not because you are ****ing around trying to be nice guy. Oh, someone will think you're a prick? Harsh, but in the end its a choice: either some people being pissed at you being a prick , or you being pissed at everybody because of tradeskilling woes. It may sound tough, but i still prefer them to be pissed, any day of the week.

Geee Nick, I dont think I am ever gonna try to hire you

But then I tip so much I have no problems with my tradeskillers treating me like a queen

Oh i am nice and friendly unless you give me a reason not to be. Some people know i can be talked to making stuff for free. I think everyone should. But i'm not the fan of the "omg i need to be nice everyone at all costs because i will lose customers" approach, because it simply aint true. If you are going to do that, you'll just end up being permanently angry at customers.

Tradeskills are so 17.x
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Hmm, I don't do much TS exept those alappaa pads and alb activation/300QL memories... 300QL EoE pretty much nerfed my ts... I don't ask anything, but accept tips anyway. Other than that I pretty much ignore implant begging and such. OFC I have my special rate for carb 1m/ql*piece which no one has yet paid ;D Still TS should be paid something as my equipment are still quite expensive (300QL CS set, alb, tech mems, focus-fun set) and some like psy and chem is pain for IP.

Have to consider somewhere along these lines for my up coming TSlave Trader... Maybe bit more, or bit less depending on stuff.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

If you are afraid of creating a little drama, you are doomed to always go emo about tradeskilling. I see where you are coming from, but realise this: you need to make a name for yourself as tradeskiller, and you need to make high ranked connections, or you're not doing things right. There will come a moment where you will be past that phase, at which point you don't need to be ****ing nice to people. We've all been there, or most of us anyway. The simpliest policy is: If someone is annoying, 5m more or GTFO. If someone is late, 5m more or GTFO. If someone gives you wrong items: 5m more or GTFO. If someone isn't polite enough: GTFO and perma ban on services.
    First, I'm not a tradeskiller (for hire). I mentioned a one time moment of weakness where I did a TS for someone, even though the alarms about past experiences were ringing loud in my head, but I was thinking, it couldn't have been that bad as I remember. I mentoned this story to show to people why it aint just a few clicks.

Second, not everyone wants to be that person you describe there. In fact, you seem to be more emo about tradeskilling then I am
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

People will come to you because they have to, and because you are competent, not because you are ****ing around trying to be nice guy. Oh, someone will think you're a prick? Harsh, but in the end its a choice: either some people being pissed at you being a prick , or you being pissed at everybody because of tradeskilling woes. It may sound tough, but i still prefer them to be pissed, any day of the week.
    You and me must be completely different then. =P I'm nice to my customers because I like to be nice. I don't like to be thought of as a prick, and despite me getting annoyed with some customers, I do my most to stay polite and friendly - will certainly give me help for when I have to do nice things for people I hate irl. Which is gonna happen.

Maybe I'm just a fluffy pink engi who's greatest nightmare is to have her handpainted nails break while making crab, but it's how I work, and I've noticed I still get tipped a lot. ^.^ so surely must be working.

I generaly do pretty much everything free...

The only things I expect tipping for are AI armor, VTEs, & things with like 3 backpacks worth of crap to put to gether, like Stilettos & stuff...

I NEVER charge Org mates, Alliance members get stuff cheap or free, & obvious newbies not only get stuff free but often get handouts of nanos & stuff lol.

I don't advertise my tradeskill capabilites, I'm on /anon all the time, I don't stand still in public places very often & I don't advertise who my engi is, so the only people that come to me are friends, word of mouth & the few people fast enough to catch me on the way past...

This being said... If people wish to tip me for the smaller stuff, then that's fine with me.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Actualy, I gotta say...

FFS!!!

Jeese you guys, lighten up, ok, I may not be making hundreds of millions (I have other ways to get that sort of cash), but it costs NOTHING to be polite.
    If people aren't polite to you, then you don't tradeskill for them till they apologise untill you think they mean it, other than that, why would you NOT be polite?

If you realy don't want to be bothered with tradeskilling stuff, then just DON'T DO IT!!! Tell everyone that wants to know that you've reset or something.

& why would you not do implants for newbies? There's a GREAT impression of the type of player they have to deal with when they get higher level, that REALY makes them want to play the game doesn't it? "I'm sorry, your tradeskilling requirements are too n00by for me to be bothered with, push off & find someone less advanced!". Wonderful...

When some noob comes to me with a nano disk & nothing else, I don't tell them rudely to go get the rest of the bits, I dip into my own store & grab a rock (rocks are easy to get, you pick them up off the ground, & if you're too lazy to do it yourself, get your customers to do it for you as payment!!! (I have about 6 players who run past & drop me a bag of QL220+ Rocks every now & again, I haven't farmed rocks in the last 3 years.)), then take them to the shop & SHOW them which items need to be bought & WHY those particular items & how to tell which ones to get.
    THEN I make it for them, tell them how to get rocks & send em packing, so they KNOW for next time.

Now what did that cost me? 10mins of my time, a rock & about 1k worth of shop bought items...!

It all makes me wonder something. All these noobs you're sending away, are you just teaching them to be the obnoxious and rude players of the future that you hate now?

Man, seriously, I dispare of human nature sometimes...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    other than that, why would you NOT be polite?
    uhm.. for sh!ts and giggles?
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    I could stretch and say that the post you responded to at least discussed the topic. Granted, the question you responded to was asked, rhetorically or not, but do you seriously consider your response constructive, even for the engi forum?
    2 things.
    1. no i dont consider it constructive, i consider it a joke.

2. Do as i say, not as i do :P
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Time once again to review prices here with a question:

Would you rather judge tradeskill prices by the skill and item requirements that the tradeskiller must have to complete the process or by the general perception of how much the process is worth?
    I know I am late to answer that question but better late than never.

IMHO the skill doesn't really matter. Either you have got the necessary tradeskills or you don't. If you have the skills, then only the process matters.

If the process would require you to switch out items you have troubles to wear them afterwards, then forget it. If you would have to re-perk, then it will cost 20 mil more (or what the current amount is that the re-perk guy charges) but I seriously doubt that I would go so far as to re-perk because of some external tradeskill request.

You have to include the time and work it takes to switch buffing items into the whole tradeskill process. Going to the TS machine in your HQ also takes time and locks your skills.

The actual tradeskill process is much more important. Building implants is trivial compared to a Nano Crystal or an Arul-Saba bracelet.

Some time ago I had a guy handing me two pieces of AI armor and asked me to combine them. The QL was not so high and I happend to have enough skills to do that. The armors were worth at least 40-60 mil but the process was easy and thus not "worth much".
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Howdy,

Well one way to fix the running away customer is to make a macro with your prices (which I'm sure most of you have) & add a line...every minute I wait = XXXX crecits.

You still have their item & you pointed it out ahead of time.
    Time=Money

People pay for time...you are paid for your time while at work...when someone makes a service call there is normally a minimum $50/hour with a 2 hour minimum.

Make the part about waiting = XXXX credits in red in your link or something.

Good luck
    Original forum name: Megis
    Lost to the ages since FC made their forum name changes...now I'm Pheasant

*** Just returned to game Fall of 2009 (and again Spring 2013) - All Retired ATM ***

Megis: Adventurer (Test) Leader of Special Feature Finders
    Pheasant: Doctor
    Zahrobi: Shade
    VonJona: Fixer
    Dagen: Enforcer

And a few more...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678