Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for Tradeskills v3.0

Pricing for Tradeskills v3.0

Slightly under construction, i'll try and keep this updated as discussion and time ...and patches... change the way the game works. Currently this list is my opinion and experiance on what sells as a neutral engineer who does tradeskills for both sides. Discussion will help fill out this list more. When making replys for discussion please not only include your rational for your suggestion but also if you have consistently sold your services for that price.

Payment or Gratuity
    Payment is money or value exchanged for services rendered. Asking for somebody to pay you for a service is asking them to acknowledge that you have a valuable skill and that they are obligated to return the value that they get from the recieved service.

Gratuity or 'Tips' is money given on top of a payment to show that the person recieving the service was exceptionaly pleased with the service in some way. Tipping is at the descretion of the reciever of the service.

Handling Fees
    This is any amount of money decided upon by the two parties involved in a tradeskill transaction to be given to the tradeskiller to keep them from running off with super valuable items like Technical Memories, Dchests, Supple bots, or other things.

Etiquette
    This is also known as 'professionalism' and is something that all tradeskillers need to show if they are going to offer a service like tradeskilling. Here are a couple of pointers for good behavior that not only give you a good reputation but help protect you from people trying to scam you.

- Always state your prices up front before any trades are made, when you do this you wont have people screaming about your 'unreasonable' prices after you have made the item and trying to brow beat you into giving in for free.
    - Ask that the customer pay you for your service after you have completed the proccess and offered their items back in trade. This keeps you from a couple of problems, namely that somebody claims they had paid you in the first transaction.
    - When you give items back that had been loaded into a back pack, either put the items in the open trade window directly, outside of the bag, or put at least one item in the trade window to show the process was completed.

Armor

Alien Armor: Combined/Single (just supple or just enduring)
    Ql 1-150: 2m/2m
    Ql 151-250: 5m/4m
    Ql 251-300: 8m/6m

Carbonum & Junkmetal: 3k x ql of the suit
    This means the price is the same if people want a full suit of 7 peices made as if they want a suit minus the gloves and helm.
    Claning/Omning: +300K

Notum Saturated, Barter, CAS, Omni Steel, Apocolypse: 5k x ql of the Suit

Soft Armor (Mantis, Bronto, Crawler): 50K-100K a peice

Dragon Armor: 1m a peice

T1 Glyphs: 500K for Full Combine (Glyph + Notum + Novictum)
    T2 Glyphs: 2m for Full Combine (Glyph + Notum + Color Glyph)
    T3 Glyphs: 3m For Full Combine (Glyph + FRN + Sided Glyph)
    If a partial combine is done still charge for the full combine generaly, I also have both the Faithful and Choosen glyphs for T3 and have done both. All prices are per glyph.

Weapons

Kyr Weapons/SL Weapons
    QL 1-100: 1m
    Ql 101-200: 2m
    Ql 201-300: 3m

Special Alien Weapons (Salabim, ect)
    I don't see alot of these but I charge the same as for Kyr weapons.

RK weapons construction
    I generaly ask a modest tip but do not charge unless they ask for a chem mauser to be made from scratch, in which case i've charged 100K for any ql.

Other Tradeskills

I refuse to do monster parts, but if i'm pressed about it I charge 1.5m a bag. I had one guy pay it and then demand a refund when he couldn't sell the bag for 1.5m...

Implants: I generaly do these free for everybody, but I charge 500K per jobe cluster inserted. If i'm asked to do multiple bags I generaly ask 250K per bag assembled. I strip implants for free unless there is more then 5 and then I charge 1m for each 'bag' of implants to strip, even if the bag is only half full.

Nano Crystals: 1k per ql with disk and the rock, tack on a 2-5m fee if you need to provide the rock. I will generally do the process for free if all the materials are provided.

Aruls: I charge for doing both sides even if I only do 1 side. I've never had somebody ask me to do a 5 gem bracer with 4 gems.
    1 gem: 1m
    2 gem: 2m
    3 gem: 4m
    4 gem: 6m
    5 gem: 10m

Nick-knaks: (coffee machines, treatment librarys, implant libraries, health kits) This is highly subjective and I tend to do most of these for free as long as I don't have to break out specialized tools from my other bag (NW tuner, ID extractor, Sealing Kit, Sledge).
    Ql 1-100: ~50K-100K
    Ql 101-200: ~250K

Bio-Material ID Services: Generaly I do it per bag, but I ussualy do it for free if there are less then 5. I've charged 1m a bag for any ql in the past.

Pocket Boss Assembly:
    QL 1-150: 1m per bag if there is more than 4
    QL 151-200: 3m per bag if there is more than 4
    Ql 200+: 1m Each

Speciality Towers: I haven't had alot of these to make recently but i've seen some of late and I was tipped 20m once for making 20 towers and 500K a second time for making 2. I'll have to get back to you on how I decide to price this.

Albtraum Tradeskills
    Spirit Purge and Spirit Remedy Creation: 2m for any QL
    Infused Compiler and NCU Creation: 3m for any QL
    Ice of Albtraum Creation: 1m per stack
    Ancient Tools: 1m per tool
    Bracer Activation: 2m + Handling Fees
    Combined Crystal Memories: 2m per combine + Handling Fees

Alappaa Tradeskills
    Galactic Gem Melting: 2m
    Armor Upgrade Combine: 1m
    Stim Creation: 250K-500K

APF Sector 10
    !Need more information!

The Old Thread in case you need to reference.
    Pricing For Tradeskills v2.0
    Last edited by Berael; Aug 29th, 2008 at 14:50:01.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Reserved in case of Tsunami

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Reserved in case of Huricane

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    I think these are bit on low side.
    Here is my suggestion:

Ql 1-150: 6m/4m
    Ql 151-250: 10m/6m
    Ql 251-289: 15m/8m
    QL 290-300 20m/12m

Prices are high because of the multiple skills requires and because they are trusting me to hold their 500M items.

Dragon Armor: 1m a peice
    I make exception here for chest. I charge 5M for making chest. Again they pay for trusting me handle expensive item.

Kyr Weapons/SL Weapons
    QL 1-100: 1m
    Ql 101-200: 2m
    Ql 201-300: 3m
    I would change it to 6M for 270-300. Those require lot of skill to make.

Aruls: I charge for doing both sides even if I only do 1 side. I've never had somebody ask me to do a 5 gem bracer with 4 gems.
    1 gem: 1m
    2 gem: 2m
    3 gem: 4m
    I hate making arul sabas so much that I am asking 15M for pair of 4 gemmers. But I don't do many of these so no real idea of pricing.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

Your prices are much higher then I have ever seen Namel, how often do you do a job for those prices? Also what server are you on? Generaly speaking I see alot of combined armor going for 190-300m these days depending on the type, not 500m.

I could see increasing the price on a Dchest.
    Last edited by Berael; Apr 27th, 2006 at 01:59:52.

Psh, on my little engi (I cant do a whole lot, only upto ql 49 carb ect) I do everything for free, and ask for tips

Thats your choice Zerno, but this thread is to serve as a guide for people who want to charge for tradeskills to get an idea of what people on the game are willing to pay for their services and a guide for people on the game who want tradeskills done so they know what to expect to pay if they can't find an altruistic engi.

I charge 10m for a ql300 combined. Otherwise I agree.

I charge 10m for a pair as it's a tedious job.

I don't do VTEs on principle, you figure out why. If someone insists I ask for 5m - no one ever agread to that (yet). I suggest we all take that approach
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Your prices are much higher then I have ever seen Namel, how often do you do a job for those prices? Also what server are you on? Generaly speaking I see alot of combined armor going for 190-300m these days depending on the type, not 500m.

I could see increasing the price on a Dchest.
    RK2 clan. I guess there is less tradeskill engies on rk2 so prices are higher. Most have reseted for pvp.

I don't really advertise my tradeskills. I just have few regular customers who pay around those prices. Combined commando and combined SS go easily for 500M/piece. Combined merc about 400M. Stuff with spiritual or arithmetic bots is cheaper of course.

Prices really vary. If I am on good mood I don't ask price but I have still got 20M tip for making single piece of non-combined armor. Generally if I ask something for making alien armor people pay it. Only arul saba makers tend to run when I ask 15M for pair but that is why I ask so much, I really want to be paid well if I have to do that tedious job.
    Last edited by Namel; Apr 27th, 2006 at 13:56:19.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

-Spleenman

Seems pretty steep to ask 20M for making the armor, it's not like it's as painful process like aruls. I personally often find nice tradeskillers that either work for free when they are bored or that ask only for a few mill. Just a bump from a former big spender of such services.
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by nimarq
    I personally often find nice tradeskillers that either work for free when they are bored or that ask only for a few mill. Just a bump from a former big spender of such services.
    Bah, don't tell anyone
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Seems pretty steep to ask 20M for making the armor, it's not like it's as painful process like aruls.
    You do not pay for clicks. You pay for me not resetting my tradeskills for useful stuff. And you pay for me not keeping your 500M+ parts of AI armor. After all there is nothing to prevent me just keeping any parts you give me except lose of future customers.
    Last edited by Namel; May 3rd, 2006 at 22:41:23.
    -Cenelia

-Spleenman

Quote Originally Posted by Namel
    ...You pay for me not resetting my tradeskills for useful stuff.

And you pay for me not keeping your 500M+ parts of AI armor.

After all there is nothing to prevent me just keeping any parts you give me except lose of future customers.
    Bump for cause.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Your prices are much higher then I have ever seen Namel, how often do you do a job for those prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerno
    Psh, on my little engi (I cant do a whole lot, only upto ql 49 carb ect) I do everything for free, and ask for tips
    Seems pretty steep to ask 20M for making the armor, it's not like it's as painful process like aruls. I personally often find nice tradeskillers that either work for free when they are bored or that ask only for a few mill. Just a bump from a former big spender of such services.
    why i really think we should work on making engies stick together and follow these prices
    ofcourse they will refuse if they think they can do it for free

wanne bet we will hear a lot of ,"oh but im broke atm"

the prices are fair imo , engies are just getting really underappreciated
    Maxibb 60/6 keeper rimor
    Aolovechild 188/12 shade rimor
    Bodybuild 213/17 eng rimor
    Barcode1 220/21 eng rimor http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=35027

I'm still looking for comments on the price list. Have people charged higher and had people pay consistently? Lower? Do you differentiate certain items that i've lumped?

I charged a fixed price of 1m per ID made to nano crystal several times, and people seem to agree. I supply everything, including the rock.

Here we go again...if you want me to tradeskill, it must be profit from it to me, otherwise for what purpose should i waste millions of IPs to raise useless skills? I can always reset tskills and just find "bored" engieneer that we'll do my stuff for free, right?

Those prices are fair to me, maybe even a bit to low.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by muha
    I charged a fixed price of 1m per ID made to nano crystal several times, and people seem to agree. I supply everything, including the rock.
    Id never do that myself...takes simply to much time - until you'll get back with the rock , i can easily make at least twice the money blizting crus. I only make crystals when customers bring their rocks, and i usually do that for free unless its sth pricy.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; May 6th, 2006 at 20:43:16.

To be Honest,

RK2 market is very different than RK1 market

On RK2 people ask you to make something, and always expect it to be done for free. If you ask for Credits please go check out this beautiful post of an engie who has lived on RK2 Here

On RK1 people from what I have seen are alot more polite, and insist on tipping you. Sometimes they are more than willing to pay you more than what the tradeskill is worth, just because you gave them your attention. (Engies get respect for their time)
    Freshman Lord "Guojia" Buffbegsalot
    220 Neutral Solitus Engineer "Supreme Creator"
    First Neutral Engineer to reach Enlightenment Of Anarchy Online

-= Just Visiting =-

Being on RK1 I really wish this was true... I almost never get tipped, no matter how large the tradeskill is, except, strangely, by people I already know. That's why if it is a bother and I don't know the person, I say upfront "I do not tradeskill for free. Are you interested in hiring my services?"

Yeah, i'm surprised about how many people expect me to do things for free. Granted I do perform certain services for free, but some people are more than a little rude when I tell them I charge for things... even making alien armor.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast