Thread: OTPC: Omni-Med trainees learn from a master

OTPC: Omni-Med trainees learn from a master

Omni-Med trainees learn from a master
    April 24, 29480 [Global]

OTPC - Several prospective Omni-Med employees received quite the shock and honor today in Rome. While attending a routine training seminar, the students were graced by the presence of a special guest: Doctor James Tooran!

Doctor Tooran, who arrived on April 6th, is on Rubi-Ka to assist with training of Omni-Med personnel, whether the topic be new medical practices, the latest technology in the medical industry, or even using medical examination skills to assist in Omni-Pol investigations.

"It was amazing," said Jennifer Healen, age 16. "We've read so much about Doctor Tooran, but to finally get to meet him was just... wow. He is so nice and was very informative."

Doctor Tooran spoke with the students primarily about the importance of hard work and dedication to their field. Tooran summed up his lecture to the students with, "You must always remember what sets you apart from those who do not work for Omni-Tek. Take for example the Clans here on Rubi-Ka. They are lazy and generally uneducated. They have no commitment. They are impulsive. All of you, on the other hand... all of you are the brightest and most promising people that this planet has ever seen.

"People look up to you. They will look to you for your guidance and for your help. It is your responsibility to give them just that."

After the lecture, Doctor Tooran took the time to meet individually with the students before returning to duties in Omni-HQ.

"They are lazy and generally uneducated. They have no commitment. They are impulsive."

Ha! I've haven't heard such a rediculous statement for quite a while.. Wow, Omni-Tek propaganda sure is effective!

Us Clans are just as educated as Omni-Tek citizens, if not more educated. I know many people here who have a Phd. Not to forget many people studied at the same places your employees did, before they realized the truth and turned Clan.
    If you look at out history, you'll see we are more committed than any Omni-Tek citizen here on Rubi-Ka will ever be.

He should seriously reconsider his words, if not for himself, at least for the corporation. These statements only put Omni-Tek in a bad light. Not that I mind offcourse..
    Last edited by Sary; Apr 24th, 2006 at 19:56:54.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Although the good doctor's statement was clearly slanted, unless I miss my guess, the clan infrastructure is dominated by defense and war industries. I haven't been hearing about the great intergalatic centers of learning in the Clan cities, or their astounding technological break through after break through. It may very well be that the Clans are more dedicated to Rubi-Ka, but at least the OT, as an intergalactic corperation, has the oppertunity to engage in pure research for research sake.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Precisely. I would feel that generally speaking the Doctor’s statement is accurate. For example, every child born to an employee is sent to one of the Omni-Tek academies in order become educated. After the child’s basic education they will receive additional schooling / training in whatever field they qualify for. This is not just on Rubi-Ka, mind you.

As Berael said, We also have entire departments that are heavily dedicated to research, and have made profound contributions to Rubi-Kan society. Some Examples:
    Omni-Med – our beloved insurance technology
    Omni-Com – the Grid System
    Omni-Trans – Whom-Pah Technology
    Omni-Engineering – Partners in the development and implementation of the aforementioned technologies
    Omni-Research and Development – Really self explanatory, they provide the tools and facts that support engineering to support the other departments.

Outside of Omni-Tek you have J.A.M.E. who also has made a profound contribution by discovering the Shadowlands. Now, what major scientific breakthroughs have the clans contributed?

Oh, and I have my PsyD, much the same as many have their PhD’s and I can see the “Truth” just fine.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    Omni-Med trainees learn from a master

Doctor Tooran spoke with the students primarily about the importance of hard work and dedication to their field. Tooran summed up his lecture to the students with, "You must always remember what sets you apart from those who do not work for Omni-Tek. Take for example the Clans here on Rubi-Ka. They are lazy and generally uneducated. They have no commitment. They are impulsive. All of you, on the other hand... all of you are the brightest and most promising people that this planet has ever seen.

"People look up to you. They will look to you for your guidance and for your help. It is your responsibility to give them just that."
    Let's take a closer look shall we?

"Take for example the Clans here on Rubi-Ka. They are lazy and generally uneducated. They have no commitment. They are impulsive."

I'm sure the Sentinels in Tir are so lazy that they will let Doctor Tooran just walk in with a smile. Lazy people don't fight, neither can they hold on to anything of value.

The clans have had a strong hold on the northern territories for quite some time, even before Doctor Tooran was born. Many of us have trained hard, even learn some tactics taught to Omni-AF, Omni-Pol and other military/police departments and we have improved them for our own use or wisely created a countermeasure for such tactics.

It is because of our cunning, ability to learn at a fast pace, initiative, strong will and commitment that Omni-Tek has failed to exterminate the clans from Rubi-Ka as it has been their objective for hundreds of years.

Some of our people are impulsive, with reason. Many innocent unarmed people have been hunted down by Omni-Tek just for being clan, others have seen the horrors that the corporations is capable of and rather than allow themselves to be captured or wait until omnis knock at their door they go on the offensive.

I'm sure they are a few lazy people in each faction, but to publicly state that the clans as a whole are lazy...now THAT is an uneducated statement.

The only people that look up at omnis, are other omnis, everyone else has a clear mind.

He may be a good surgeon, but as a representative of the corporation...he is just another blind omni drone.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

What does research has to do with education? Most of things that make Rubi-Ka dangerous place to live was introduced by Omni-Tek. Mutants, mines, bio- and chemical weapons...I ask you, is that what you'd expect of educated people? To dump all the crap in their back-yard?

Oh, and do check who's actually holding pattents for most of those things Trousers. Just because something is maintained by someone, it doesn't actually mean they invented it.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    It may very well be that the Clans are more dedicated to Rubi-Ka, but at least the OT, as an intergalactic corperation, has the oppertunity to engage in pure research for research sake.
    No corporation, specially OT has ever done research for the 'sake' of it, their bottom line is profits.

Research leads to development of tech that they can either use to become more powerful or sell to become more wealthy (and thus more powerful).

OT is dedicated, to profit.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Hahah, if their so lazy, then why are you still having trouble with them Mr. Omni Doctor
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    OT is dedicated to profit.
    Of this I have no doubt. It should be noted though, that a company as large as Omni-Tek need not put all its eggs in one basket. Surely they would see the value of pure research in stimulating the imagination and promoting new ideas to sell.

I would also think that the reason the Clans are still on Rubi-Ka are quite complex given that OT has whole planets at its command and vast resources that the clans could never muster without outside aid.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    Lazy people don't fight, neither can they hold on to anything of value.
    What could possibly be more valuable to the Clans than the legal and social recognition of their freedom and the right to the land they live on? And yet, they were unable to hold on to either the Clan Rights Treaty of 29223 or the Tir Accord, precisely because of their impulsiveness and intellectual laziness.

Yes, the Clans can count several otherwise intelligent (and even brilliant) individuals among its members. But when they are taken as a whole, the doctor's comments are not without merit.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Quote Originally Posted by Sary
    Ha! I've haven't heard such a rediculous statement for quite a while.. Wow, Omni-Tek propaganda sure is effective!...
    yes it is effective, because it's the truth

Heh, a little propaganda with your lecture, now thats time managment.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Tooran summed up his lecture to the students with,
    Hmm.. "summed up", that means he gave a short version of what he spent the lecture saying.. so someone comes here to give a lecture that is basically the same propaganda that we hear every darned day in our walking around in our cities... Now, that's a useful thing to spend a classroom full of med students' time on..
    They are lazy and generally uneducated. They have no commitment.
    from the clanners I've met I can say that he's got it dead wrong, the clans have some quite excellent educational facilities.
    Also, the clans are dedicated enough to keep OT-RK from retaking half the planet, I'd say that takes quite a bit of commitment..
    They are impulsive.
    Heh, so are a lot of OT-RK personnel, on their own time. I've also come across quite a few enterprising people running contraband to the clans..
    All of you, on the other hand... all of you are the brightest and most promising people that this planet has ever seen.

Standard BS, heard the same in engineering classes. Over and over and over..
    After a while it just sounds silly, hehe..

Yeah, so he has a rep, probably even a deserved rep. But he's now so high in the organization that he's just another manager spouting propaganda and flying a desk. It's cool top meet those types, as long as people keep a clear head about it, but for me it was always more something with an entertainment value, they never gave me any new knowledge about my profession.
    W/e, your mileage may vary and it does give an illusion to the students, I guess, that helps them keep their spirits high during finals..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Wonder if Tooran knows about the burglary... or if he's knows too much.
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

-chuckles to herself as she passes over yet another topic which amuses her over her morning Tea-