Thread: Agent Profession - Concerns/Wish List

Agent Profession - Concerns/Wish List

This section is a portion where the agent community gives in their thoughts about ammendments or enhancements for the agent profession. Please address your concern or wish as per this thread. I thought of giving this a fresh start based on what an agent currently is.

Links to old Concern lists:
    *List #1 Dated: April 28th of 2005
    *List #2 Dated: Febuary 27th of 2004

A summary of the Wishes/Concerns will be posted here below the links in a week's time or depending on the posts found. Please know that the old lists are also taken into consideration.

If you have any questions regarding how this works, feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Onlymeh; Aug 18th, 2006 at 19:46:51.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Space reserved. Post away.
    General of Dark Front

- Refreshable FPs! ...like already discussed here
    - It would also be nice to evaluate the pros and cons of having access to the Support line of symbs, since we're kind of a support prof when it comes to teaming.
    Last edited by Telperion; Apr 15th, 2006 at 12:21:44.
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

i agree ...

refreshable mimic ...

at least support, but as agent think we schould have all : )

a better defined role fer end game play. all i do in mishs is back up doc or crat/nt rout fer buffn others .... not wut i invisioned the role of an agent schould be.

i would love an upgrade to the silenced rifle to increase the crit. but thinkn, even that its needed fer pvm, it would overpower pvp. but then again, thats wut agents truely r about : )

Increased number of viable tl7 armor choices. CSS is great armor but completely out of reach for a lot of people. Agent Tier 3 armor is only good in some parts and mostly has bonuses that are incredibly useless until the armor gets near to ql300.

Depending on breed and sheer amount of farming time/credits, there is a real black hole for armor around levels 205-215 (and actually might only really be great at the upper end of TL7 due to gimping of the hp and ncu). We need a Bellum/Merlin equivelent (sure fixers would appreciate access to it as well). There are far too many TL7 agents running around in really terrible armor and its not really their fault, I appreciate that those with access to the best armors in game should have an advantage but the gap is so huge. Basically we need some kind of gloomfall mk2 which isn't impossible to get but does provide a workable solution for more casual players to level in once they get to inferno.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkx
    Increased number of viable tl7 armor choices. CSS is great armor but completely out of reach for a lot of people. Agent Tier 3 armor is only good in some parts and mostly has bonuses that are incredibly useless until the armor gets near to ql300.

Depending on breed and sheer amount of farming time/credits, there is a real black hole for armor around levels 205-215 (and actually might only really be great at the upper end of TL7 due to gimping of the hp and ncu). We need a Bellum/Merlin equivelent (sure fixers would appreciate access to it as well). There are far too many TL7 agents running around in really terrible armor and its not really their fault, I appreciate that those with access to the best armors in game should have an advantage but the gap is so huge. Basically we need some kind of gloomfall mk2 which isn't impossible to get but does provide a workable solution for more casual players to level in once they get to inferno.
    just take bellum/merlin and swap it to agil/sense reqs for all us Agents/fixers/shade/whatnot. Then change some of the modifiers, then the skins, then.....

but yea, it would be "relativly" simple to implement compared to other things

on the FP, perhaps a Perk would be better than just letting it be refreshable, that has implimincations of screaming for a nerfbat. with a perk it might be "bad" enough that the Dev's wont mind giving us it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

In order of what I would like to see:

1) Fix our procs so they actually stack!
    2) Fix Glory on Silenced Type 3

200) Make the nano Numbing Shock locked to level 160! If you can get the nano skills AND spec 3 you deserve this nano ^^
    Last edited by horrible; May 10th, 2006 at 21:19:45.
    I am Horrible

Old chestnut but...

Orange Faithful armor makes me grind my teeth...would like it just a teeny tiny bit darker
    Before you go asking, "Who the hell are you?"

I'm an agent! I'd be pretty annoyed if you knew who I was!

Quote Originally Posted by Murderall
    Orange Faithful armor makes me grind my teeth...would like it just a teeny tiny bit darker
    ...might hit you by surprise but...join omnitek!
    we got the fanciest armors :P

me want:

- mimic aura or the like (hate it when having to recast doc while tanking a mob or waiting to recast before attacking the mob)
    - fix proc bug
    - fix silenced type 3 bug
    - a sneakattack rifle/hot swap weap would be interesting...problematic tho as well i guess
    - give us ruse 4!

Having Ruse 4 add the affect of the cloaking device to us would be kewl. The phazing out part, not the DoT
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

- mimic recast
    - fix proc bug
    - fix silenced type 3 bug

i think most everyone agrees these are broken and need fixing, would love to see lots of other stuff but want theses bugs fixed most of all.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Thumbs down

screw the wishlist...

get the bugs fixed. all i ask.. then we talk about wish list.

FC is not even capable to fix bugs... and they wanna force us in Role Playing.

if u guys wanna shut me up, announce a date u will fix silenced type rifles glory bug.

if not then i dont even know why there r professionals and why r u here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderall
    Old chestnut but...

I wouldn't worry about colors. What I would like to see is more colorful armors/options so that every agent out there wouldn't look exact copies of each other. When my agent hit breed cap, I wore a mix of Faithful (chest, pants) and css (sleeves, boots) and looked very good in my opinion. And I wasn't the only one who thought so. I got lotsa "u look hot" comments from other players too, but the thing that was more important to me was that never ever did I see another agent on RK2 with same setup on. I also hate the fact that even if there was a good looking helmet, it would still cover your face. So my agent really misses good looking shades with good modifiers in game. In my opinion "original search glasses" -type of headwear is more agent style than any helment out there. Because in the end, if u forget the modifiers for a second and just think what it looks like, u prolly agree that agent with notucomm/css helmet looks like a dildo with a rifle.

Bug fixes first please. Nothing worse then trying to play with curretn bugs, get some snazzy new abilities or armor only to be gimped because of new bugs as well as the old current bugs.

Being able to recast mimic in some way would be the only necessary change to the profession to make me happy for the rest of my AO days Just having a new set of mimics that are friendly, last for an hour or two, and get casted automatically when the hostile version expires would be the ideal solution from my point of view.

Having access to other symbiant lines would be nice, but I could care if they remain the same way they are now. Would just save me some time swapping in nano delta/-cost implants for soloing.

I would also like to see the Silenced Rifle have at least a 400 crit mod, but since new weapons are supposedly being released in LE this might not become as important.

Lastly... fix the bugs like several others have said

i have to also mention the problem we have with mimic.
    many many times i get caught up in pvp or sometimes pvm and i dont see my mimic run out and im dead. with a refreshable one at least i can do it when i get a spare few seconds.maybe cud lock it so only a mimic can only be refreshed not over written by a different one.so if we want to change mimics we still have to wait and not able to right click to cancel.

This is just me, but we should have a zoom on our first person zoom. You know like when we're in a prone position. Would really make things a lot of fun for me at least. Maybe put in a one shot option where we can make one shot, then we're noticed. Would be cool for PvM.

I agree totally

without a zoom, u cant easily select what u want to attack, sure theres the tab key, but sometimes that doesnt work.

ive talked to a lot of agents, and almost all of them have agreed that there is a problem with the shadow land nanos. agents cant use other professions, and hence there isnt even a false profession for keeper or shade. not that they have nanos that agents can use for themselves really, although keepers have a shield buff that kinda nice, but i get plagued by people wanting buffs and wrangles and stuff like that, and i dont mind helping at all, but it would be nice to be able to help those professions also

also, most other professions have had their super specialty redone for shadow lands, beacon warp, garden call, that shadow web for fixers, since their grid armor doesnt work. so basicially we are being left out for our super specialty, which is to use other professions nanos, anf thats not fair, all the other professions got their super specialties fixed for shadow lands except us!. most agents that ive come across dont feel quite disenfranchised, but are very wishful of this to say the least.

therefore i propose a new nano line along the space line that would allow for 2 false professions to stack. it would be almost utterly useless in combat because of the incredible loss in nano init, but would be great for buffing, saves the hassle on killing yourself, or if your trying to buff yourself, it would be great. i would call them:

shadow profession

mirrior profession

clone profession

all with the same stats as the other nanos, plus 5 to nanos and 200 to nano init because they are shadow lands nanos and should be better, but require specialties completed to use. THEN having to complete the specialties would make more sense since false prof IS our specialty. you could run all the nanos for the regular false professions, plus the shadow nanos. i dont know how many times ive cursed not being able to use composite infuse. i suspect all of you feel the same way.

so theres that wish on to number 3

fixer nanos. i really wish that agents could use the ncu compressor nanos, i dont remember if they are shadow land nanos, and if they are, then the above proposal would fix that hopefully. agents are supposed to be loners, and as such, they use the nanos of all the other professions, save shade and keeper. this becomes extremely ncu intensive, and makes the false profession almost gimped to start of with in combat. u have to twink like crazy to get high ncu in unlike other professions. ncu compressor nano isnt a super specialty like grid armor or THE fixer grid. ive never heard anyone say, "boy im gonna be a fixer because that ncu compressor is so gosh darn kool". so thats my beef with the fixer false profession.

finally, and this is an easy fix to administer, for the love of god, please, please, please, slap a stupid lable at the top of each nanos description window that says "visible" or "nonvisible" first and foremost, it would cut down on the OOC chatter ppl asking if something is fp able. second, it saves time and credits. ive bought a few to see if i could fp it and couldnt. there isnt a lot of good info on the matter. even auno is wrong. i dont know how many ppl, including auno have told me that agents cant use attack pets, and lo and behold i can. oh by the way, thats another thing that reminded me, please uncap the pet lvl that agents can use, that would allow us better heal pets. if they fix the shadow nanos, then we would get demons too, which would be great for pvping engineers.

thats my beef with the agent profession. i know a lot of the other professions will wine about these changes if they go through, but they have to keep into consideration that agents cost mroe money because they have to buy more nanos. ive already spent tens of millions on nanos already.

of the ones to implement imediatle, i would choose the visability tag, and the fixer ncu compressor nano. then do the shadow nanos. the zoom idea would involve some messing with the graphics engine and make more bugs for now, so do that last.
    Last edited by laserus; Aug 13th, 2006 at 20:38:14.

Thanks for the input.

This thread is hereby closed and is forwarded to this draft of what has been recorded so far.

Please refer to it until it's completion.
    General of Dark Front