Thread: TL5 and backup weapon

TL5 and backup weapon

Hello there.
    Well, maybe a silly idea, but did anyone consider to get another backup weapon with several specials (burts, fling, fa) and swap it for his belowed rifle after the great opening, ie. AS?

Why: since I spend more and more time in mp, namely doc, and I'm casting healing nanos etc. in a chain fashion, a special which is not blocked by casting would help from time to time, especially when soloing. With SPS one can squeeze out a shot during the nano recharge, but still the damage output is cut down.

So some pistol or SMG might help.

And it's even not new: Simo Hayha, a top Finnish sniper with 500+ kills, used a SMG as a backup, too, when he was hunting Russian soldiers in frozen Finland forests during WW2. :-))

I even tried to use a fling rifle, but it doesn't seem to work, as the fling refresh was horribly long, well practically it means one fling per shot which is not worth it. I don't believe that the specials recharging formulas I have seen so far are OK, since they don't count with the user's skill vs. weapon min requirements ratio, and anyway the Peren just had 11 sec AS recharge as far as I remember, even if I used it with a big OE penalty.

Anyne actually tried it or thought about it, and if yes, what are options and results?

Where have you been?

Finns ftw!

liek you had enough ip for sufficient AR to land something when you can get 1.4k evade rating w/o problems at that lvl and 1.4k RIFLE AR is rather hard if not css but hp gear.

FA yes from M150 Booster , SMG no ip for lava capsules, FA and other stuff. Better then use dimach for hawwtswapping.

In CS your idea might work

and if you are lvl170 it shouldnt be too hard to alpha some1 - Conc Shot, pinpoint strika, Chaotic assumption (all these cap), fuzz/nano feast , lava capsule , FA from booster, AS , crits < should be enough to kill someone.

high level agents do this already: M150 Booster deluxe

you need a LOT of AR though

I use an M150 in the TL5 BS all the time.

Use it with Concentration and Challenger and you can flip someone over and use 'em as a mop to wipe up their own guts.

I'm trying to get my hands on a C70 and a Milkmade to test these weapon's effectiveness, but I take it they don't work so well (otherwise everyone would be usin' 'em).
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

maybe for uberly twinked agents who have supple/css but for an average agent in tier 1 its not going to work very well.

The c70 looks like a bad choice: same number of bullets in clip as m150 but with lower damage
    Milkmaid doesn't even have FA: why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    maybe for uberly twinked agents who have supple/css but for an average agent in tier 1 its not going to work very well.

The c70 looks like a bad choice: same number of bullets in clip as m150 but with lower damage
    Milkmaid doesn't even have FA: why bother?
    Why not? I like to experiment with the "Forgotten" weapons of AO.

P.S. - it's not a "clip," it's a magazine. A clip when it comes to firearms is a strip of metal which holds about 5 to 10 rounds by the rims so they can be easily loaded into the magazine. Just a lil tid-bit most shooters have - we can't stand the use of the word "clip."

Quote Originally Posted by Riqeshae View Post
    P.S. - it's not a "clip," it's a magazine. A clip when it comes to firearms is a strip of metal which holds about 5 to 10 rounds by the rims so they can be easily loaded into the magazine. Just a lil tid-bit most shooters have - we can't stand the use of the word "clip."
    May I suggest you moan at www.auno.org and at www.aomainframe.com
    who use 'Clip 12 - Bullets' and 'ClipSize: 12 -- Bullets' respectivly
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    May I suggest you moan at www.auno.org and at www.aomainframe.com
    who use 'Clip 12 - Bullets' and 'ClipSize: 12 -- Bullets' respectivly
    Trust me, I know. They got TWO things wrong. It ain't "bullets." They're "rounds." y.y

It's kinda like when someone calls your chassis the "hard drive," or thinks that Firefox/Internet explorer is "their website."

way to take this topic off topic Riqeshae. when i hear someone say "clip" i know what they are talking about and i would assume you do aswell, so whats the point in making stupid arguments?
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ats View Post
    way to take this topic off topic Riqeshae. when i hear someone say "clip" i know what they are talking about and i would assume you do aswell, so whats the point in making stupid arguments?
    It's his hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Riqeshae View Post

It's kinda like when someone calls your chassis the "hard drive," or thinks that Firefox/Internet explorer is "their website."
    argh i hate it when one of my friends calls his computer a hard drive. I keep telling him that the hard drive is one of the components in the base unit, but he doesn't beleive me.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by KingDuck View Post
    argh i hate it when one of my friends calls his computer a hard drive. I keep telling him that the hard drive is one of the components in the base unit, but he doesn't beleive me.

Exactly.

Anywho - you said that flingshot wasn't worth it... I beg to differ.

Ever use an MTI SL70 RX Razorback Gargantua? http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=249829

You can make one for oh about 10m or so (probably cheaper - you need an SL70 and a Viral Weapons' Upgrade).

I've used one since level 130 - very nice rifle.

ye i think tl5 sps is the way to go.
    for the gankster maybe a razorback but u wont be getting a second aimed shot.
    or even a cobrak mk6 and rely on regular dmg. i think as recharge might not be so bad on cobra. still talking tl5 btw

Thx for opinions, I was thinking about M150, too, but the damage seems to be too low, namely the minimum damage.

Concerning Garganthua: I got that Kyr'Ozch Type 3 rifle with fling, which loks much better on paper, but the recharge was very long, about 30 - 40 secs, so I'm affraid that 2s recharge time is still too long and a weapon with 1s recharge is needed. How long is the fling recharge with Garganthua?

I guess that the formulae for fling refresh time (as with the burst etc.) based purely on absolute skill value are not accurate, would say that relative ratio (to equip skill value)/(user skill value) comes to play.

Don't worry too much about min damage, just run Absolute Concentration, or the best in the line you can and crit every special.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    ye i think tl5 sps is the way to go.
    for the gankster maybe a razorback but u wont be getting a second aimed shot.
    or even a cobrak mk6 and rely on regular dmg. i think as recharge might not be so bad on cobra. still talking tl5 btw
    I've been hearing cobra 6 being very viable because it's Attack is close to Razor but recharge is lower and higher MBS 1600(RB) vs 2169(C6) so I guess cobra works but you need to make sure you have some top of the line stuff on that TL5 to make it work or at least enough so that your specials are as close to capped as possible. I'm sure AS is capped or off by a few point-something like 11.7 or 11.8 or so from a prior post but fling not sure might be harder to cap might be near fling cap though.

Quote Originally Posted by amleeth View Post
    Thx for opinions, I was thinking about M150, too, but the damage seems to be too low, namely the minimum damage.

Concerning Garganthua: I got that Kyr'Ozch Type 3 rifle with fling, which loks much better on paper, but the recharge was very long, about 30 - 40 secs, so I'm affraid that 2s recharge time is still too long and a weapon with 1s recharge is needed. How long is the fling recharge with Garganthua?

I guess that the formulae for fling refresh time (as with the burst etc.) based purely on absolute skill value are not accurate, would say that relative ratio (to equip skill value)/(user skill value) comes to play.

Fling Shot = (Attack x 15) - (Your Fling Shot Skill / 100)
    Razorback=(1.5 x 15) - (Your Fling/100)
    Cobra 6=(1.7 x 15) - (Your fling/100)

I'm guessing 1200 or so ain't so far, pretty reasonable fling amount for a TL5 which will give you RZ=(22.5)-(12)=10.5 while Cobra=(25.5)-(12)=13.5 while I understand fling ain't the be all end all special and thats what AS is for I'll admit the extra damage is fantastic for a quick downing of your target I'm sure fling could probably be brought down a bit more but not exact on TL5 fling amount. I have a friend enf thats 153 for a while now not a twink just he's busy and anyways he was killed in BS by an agent with cobra and he said the AS/FS hurt but it was the crits and regular damage that surprised him a lot he's survived AS before he's not a twink but knows how to use his enf but it surprised him that the agent hurt him a lot with the combo of AS/FS and the crits and regular damage cobra had.

Oh and commenting on whats been mentioned I strongly discourage M150 for TL5, it's just not worth it at that level IP sink plus your only real targets with it are low evade classes and to be frank AS/FS and a few perks does them in and furthermore all the hotswap stuff to exotic weapons is better left for TL7 where IP is MUCH more plentiful compared to TL5. I'd say get some gumbombs or lava caps which are pretty nice damage if you have the IP for the 680 SA.
    Last edited by Achromic; Jun 25th, 2007 at 18:45:43.

I run the razorback with only 800+ flingshot and it's at 15 seconds.

Not too bad.

Oh, and I think I was misunderstood - the M150 is really for PVP, although with Concentration it's specials do come in really handy PVM. It's like having a dual AS ^^.

Although mostly, I'm usin' the M150 on the TL5 BS.

booster is handy for oding idiot shades trying to steal my dryads
    pretty much od's every prof if mobs hp is low enough

Quote Originally Posted by KingDuck View Post
    I told my GF to reset her computer once, and she did, in fact, turn off her monitor.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.