Thread: Guild Housing, please read, Cz

Guild Housing, please read, Cz

I had a decent idea for temporary, if not permanent guild housing. It would involve modifying the backyards for all alignments, and they would be across from the Apt. complexes. since a guild house should obviously be larger than an apartment, i think maybe 2 per backyard would be reasonable. The leader of the guild, walks into the chosen guild house, and pays a fee of x number of credits, then, at that time, everyone in the guild that is online recieves a key to the guild house, just like normal apts do to their owners. Then, when anyone of higher rank than a unit member, can hold down right click, and select an option to "Upload Key to Nearby Guild Members" just like a team mission. The housing keys would differ in apperance from apt keys, and would be No-Drop Unique Special, so you could only be allowed enterance into onne guild house at a time. That sets up the main idea for guild housing, and you could go even further by allowing a tradeskill process of using mission keys on key duplicators and making the duped key dropable, so you could allow non guild members into your house, the down side, is that the keys would only last for say 2 minutes, so you could generaly only acess the guild house once. That wraps up the accesability and location of guild houses, as for the insides...

The insides of the guild houses could have an insurance terminal and reclaim, couches, chairs, bars dance floors, and a new option would come up, althought im not sure of how to impliment it. The guild leaders could have acess to an "options" menu, where they could either buy items, as listed above, and even change the template or layout of the house, including colors, lighting and even music.

These are my ideas, and i seriously hope that any funcom member just checks em out, and maybes passes a good word to the dev team.

I hope to see these in the future

Lightbulb kewl

That is a kewl Idea!!
    Exept the part about it lasting for 2 minutes :/
    Maybe like.... Every one gets a key to the house when the guild leader buys it. And, if the key was dubed THEN that dubed key would last for 2 minutes, so visitors would have to ask permission every time. And, say the guild you just joined already has a house, you would get the key auto-maticly after you were promoted once. Guild leaders could have a promotion hall, a bar, a shop for all lvls. That would be the kewlist!! It would also be nice if the guild could advertise right above the door in, to promote interest in the guild.
    FUNCOM PLEASE CONSIDER THIS IN THE NEXT PATCH/BOOSTER PACK.. THIS IDEA ROX!!
    And then I gave him a tell about... Hey, where are you going?
    (Why is it that when ever I post on a thread, it dies and no one ever posts again??)

Talking

Being a prez, I would pay top dollar for a house to my guild!
    (Why is it that when ever I post on a thread, it dies and no one ever posts again??)

Re: Guild Housing, please read, Cz

Originally posted by Kahr
    I had a decent idea for temporary, if not permanent guild housing. It would involve modifying the backyards for all alignments, and they would be across from the Apt. complexes. since a guild house should obviously be larger than an apartment, i think maybe 2 per backyard would be reasonable. The leader of the guild, walks into the chosen guild house, and pays a fee of x number of credits, then, at that time, everyone in the guild that is online recieves a key to the guild house, just like normal apts do to their owners. Then, when anyone of higher rank than a unit member, can hold down right click, and select an option to "Upload Key to Nearby Guild Members" just like a team mission. The housing keys would differ in apperance from apt keys, and would be No-Drop Unique Special, so you could only be allowed enterance into onne guild house at a time. That sets up the main idea for guild housing, and you could go even further by allowing a tradeskill process of using mission keys on key duplicators and making the duped key dropable, so you could allow non guild members into your house, the down side, is that the keys would only last for say 2 minutes, so you could generaly only acess the guild house once. That wraps up the accesability and location of guild houses, as for the insides...

The insides of the guild houses could have an insurance terminal and reclaim, couches, chairs, bars dance floors, and a new option would come up, althought im not sure of how to impliment it. The guild leaders could have acess to an "options" menu, where they could either buy items, as listed above, and even change the template or layout of the house, including colors, lighting and even music.

These are my ideas, and i seriously hope that any funcom member just checks em out, and maybes passes a good word to the dev team.

I hope to see these in the future
    Dont you love it when people quote an entire post and then dont say anything substantial?
    Level 220 16 Philip "Phil" Proteus, Engineer Equipment

I like most of this, but it should not be in the backyards. Guild Houses should be spread out in many cities mostly where they are already buildings that say guild houseing.

thanks for the input guys, we just need cosmik to come along and say the usual...

"Great ideas guys, if you keep em comming, ill keep tellin them to the dev team! Keep up the good work" *thumbs up*

Talking

Ya come over here and say his idea is good!!
    *wonders if this will be in "Land control"*

From what I've read about the booster pack the "guild-housing" will be more of a money making operation with the mines and all. I think the guild housing mentioned above would be a good supplement to it seeing as your other place can be attacked and overrun by other people. I know I would be pissed if my guild had a place one day then nothing the next thanks to a more powerfull guild kicking our collecitve butts. I LOVE THIS FRICKIN' IDEA!!!!!!!!

So confused

What the heck is this bumping stuff??
    (So sorry, I really need to know :/ )