Thread: Twinking alien weapons.

Twinking alien weapons.

I heard a while back that with a full set of QL 250 imps, full AI armor, and alien perks trained, a 220 doc can put on QL 300 of any type of alien weapon. What I was wondering was twofold. First, is that true? Second, could you get the multi-ranged to dual wield KMP's? Type 5 of course...
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

I don;t know about getting on "any" ql 300 AI weapon...but pistols/ranged energy are possable for sure...i'm trying to get stuff to put on a ql 300 smg-5 now if possable.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy
    ranged energy are possable for sure...
    Negative.

a 220 nanomage (highest base RE) doc will have ~1460 RE with the following stuff:

- Maxed abilities
    - Maxed RE
    - Full ql300 implants, both RE and stats for RE trickle
    - Power Up line maxed for doc
    - Full Supple ql300
    - HNTA

Add to that 153 from Wrangler, 70 from RE Mastery, 20 from RE expertise, 40 from Ransacking tower and 36 from ql300 Energy Expertise contract and you still won't even be above 1800.

I don't think a ql300 SMG is possible either tbh.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

Seems ranged energy isn't the way to go then, as I have over 1300 already at 215, in smg that is, and i have no AI armor yet, nor do i have most of that twink gear you listed. :-/
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

I did math on Duel 300 AI 1hb for my trox doc one time ... was possable but I use 300 ql Blades of Boltar. Not sure about Dual 300 ql AI pistols think the Multi Ranged makes that a hard one to pull off. MultiRanged: 1800 <--- Can a pistol doc tell me if thats doable for our class.

Eunucha 220 doc
    Dotz 200 doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

1800 MR? that's harsh!

machine pistols are only 1500 at 300...if you succeed, Grimmy, at getting in a 300 SMG, it may not be that much harder to get into two KMPs. Probably not worth the MR IP as a doc though, considering that burst+fling will make up a considerable portion of your damage, and the KMP burst refresh is much harder to cap than the KSMG.

Humm, didn't know that about the KMP burst refresh, just see all those fixers running around with KMP's and doing lots of damage, and you think "ohh, uber weapon." Guess they do have the skills to cap the burst on it though. :-p
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Except for pistol and shotgun, I don't think there is any ranged skill you can get to 2001 as a doc.

Melee is a totally different story as melee base skills are generally a couple hundred points above ranged skills.
    Last edited by Tchaalina; May 5th, 2006 at 07:41:20.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

Why are melee higher then ranged? Aren't they all dark blue? Don't you have about the same in all stats as a soli? I mean, a few points, maybe 20-30, sure, but a few hundred?
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade
    Why are melee higher then ranged? Aren't they all dark blue? Don't you have about the same in all stats as a soli? I mean, a few points, maybe 20-30, sure, but a few hundred?
    Melee has four skills which all cap at around 1134 base on a 220 Soli which are 1he/1hb/Piercing/MA. The other melee skills typically cap at around 973.

Compare that to Ranged where only Pistol/Shotgun cap at 1134.

SMG gets 974 and then all the rest (Rifle/AR/Bow/RE/HW) cap at a measly 814!

*edit* I should add the the colour of the skill only affects the IP cost and is not an indication of how high the skills caps. A good example of this is Shotgun vs. Pistol. Both cap at the same value of around 1134 but Shotgun is dark blue, pistol light blue.
    Last edited by Ghostimage; May 5th, 2006 at 10:55:50.
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

Is that because of trickly down, or simply because the skills let you put more points into them? If I can't get into a nice high QL smg I might have to go with BoB or something like that.. I donno how well BoB will work for a doc though, as there is no burst/fling, only brawl... I'm not going to have a high crit setup, so maybe it's not worth it to use that... Maybe 1HB?

Also, looking at your edit, I always thought that dark blue meant 3 points per level, light blue, sometimes teal, meant 4 points per level, green, and sometimes teal, meant 5 points per level... Do you mean to say you can have 5 point dark blue skills? or something? And all those numbers are multiplied by 5 for SL levels.... Or are you saying I'll hit a title level cap at some point, and thus have lower skills then with the weapon that doesn't hit TL cap?
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Is that because of trickly down, or simply because the skills let you put more points into them?
    More points into them. Solitus have fairly equal base abilities - so trickle down would be equal across all skills. If you're not solitus then you need to factor in additional trickle down (or lack of) from your breeds extremes.

If I can't get into a nice high QL smg I might have to go with BoB or something like that.. I donno how well BoB will work for a doc though, as there is no burst/fling, only brawl... I'm not going to have a high crit setup, so maybe it's not worth it to use that... Maybe 1HB?
    MA works very well for a doc, but it's mainly down to if you like being melee or ranged. SMG/Shotgun/Pistol/MA/1hb are all viable choices. Pick one and stick with it is my advice

Also, looking at your edit, I always thought that dark blue meant 3 points per level, light blue, sometimes teal, meant 4 points per level, green, and sometimes teal, meant 5 points per level... Do you mean to say you can have 5 point dark blue skills? or something? And all those numbers are multiplied by 5 for SL levels.... Or are you saying I'll hit a title level cap at some point, and thus have lower skills then with the weapon that doesn't hit TL cap?
    You're correct in that the colour does affect how many points you can raise a skill by each level but simply some skills are hard capped lower than others (the "You have reach the max for your title level" message) so you just can't raise them as high.
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]