Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: CEO Zora announces surprise corporate address

OTPC: CEO Zora announces surprise corporate address

CEO Zora announces surprise corporate address
    March 30, 29480 [Global]

OTPC - On April 1st, 29480, our glorious CEO will address us on matters of the state of the corporation.

This address comes just a month shy of the one-year anniversary of the shooting of Philip Ross, but Tarkhan Zora has opted to forego the added security measures suggested by Omni-Pol's newly-appointed chief of event security, Curtis Maelfus. In addition, CEO Zora has bravely decided to hold this address in the exact same spot where Ross was attacked nearly a year ago.

Zora's surprise address will be held promptly at 2100 RST on April 1st, 29480 atop the platform at the southern gate of Omni-1 Entertainment District. Please be prepared to undergo mandatory security scans. Please note that the organizers of this speech are aware of the ancient stigma associated with the chosen date, and that it is totally coincidental.

So one year after Ross assasination OT still didn't found out who's responsible for shooting. And while Zora remembers the date, doesn't remember he's acting CEO?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

(( Same time on both Dims? ))
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

In all seriousness, I hope he wears some kind of armor.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

This...will be interesting...

To say the very least. It's about time the man said something, isn't it..?
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Ah he finally comes out. This should be interesting to see what he has to say. And at the same spot that Ross was shot? Trying to make a point maybe? Either way it will be interesting to see what he has to say.
    Slynthia - 220 - Solitus - Trader - RK1 - Terminal Velocity
    Sidus - 120 - Solitus - Enforcer - RK1 - Terminal Velocity

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

This is some very exciting news, Indeed!

I am glad to see that CEO Zora has managed to find the time to address the public. Hopefully this will finally put an end to the nay sayers who still question his very existence on Rubi-Ka.

*Goes off to pick out a uniform for the occasion*
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Heh not his existance, few are foolish enough to believe that. More like questioning his role as a leader, since he hasnt been actually leading anyone.

May sound strange, but I hope for his safety as well, much as I dispise the man

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    In all seriousness, I hope he wears some kind of armor.
    Zora doesn't need armor, bullets bounce of his chest, and he goes "Grrr".

anyways, least he's finally doing something. and it only took him less then a year.

That reminds me, I need to clean out my rifle. What! its rollerrat season. *EG*
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

{I've removed some off topic and out of character posts. Please try to keep in character when posting on these threads}
    Guardian Lethadon
    Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisor of Rubi-Ka

Forum Rules

Maelfus shouts: I, Commander Curtis Maelfus, renounce my position in Omni-Pol and Omni-Tek, once and for all.
    Zora shouts: Guards! Seal the exits, shut down the wompah systems!
    Maelfus shouts: Furthermore, I now announce my new title: Lord Marshal of the Dust Brigade!
    clan conspricy theoy ppl are gonna have fun w/ that one....at least i got to kill a duster and was able to survive maelfus's Fullauto/burst.

Dusters..legeionare's...more activity in the outzone...next few week's could be intresting..
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

That a Duster could inflitrate Omni-Pol at the highest levels is a major embarassment for Omni-Tek. It's a total and catastrophic failure of OT counter-intelligence, and makes yuo wonder if there are not other spies in high-placed offices.

I am so not looking forward to the next Omni board of Director meeting. MAX will not be amused.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Apr 2nd, 2006 at 01:08:52.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Exclamation

I will say this.

I have long suspected Omni-Tek being tied to the Dust Brigade. Their weapons signature are matched to the Unicorn Company weapons...each weapon signature varies from manufacturer, parts and model.

Two identical weapons will emmit identical signatures up to a 0.00000001 difference in frequency if one was used more than the other (an old and a new weapon) however only 2 identical weapons could have such a match.

Dust Brigade weapons were unique, we could never match the weapon signatures to anything on Rubi-Ka.

Not until last year when the Unicorn Company arrived with their enhanced weapons.

It took a while to do the scans, but after much work it was verified that both DB and UC weapons are identical. This means both groups have their weapons made by the same source.

UC have the top of the line omni weaponry, most which is exclusive to their use as the elite armed unit within OT. Not even the clans have been able to acquire the blueprints or a weapon to try and copy the technology (as the sents did with the notum tower technology).

It would be highly unlikely that such weapons would be available to DB without having a high ranking source in Omni-Tek. I had suspected Zora to be behind it since he was the leader of UC...but now Commander Curtis Maelfus seems to be the prime suspect.

Commander Curtis Maelfus was very likely to have had access to UC weapons even before their arrival on Rubi-Ka. The DB has always been labeled as clan by OT, so all their actions were always blamed on the clans overall. Even when DB attacked our side...OT would continue to claim they were clan.

I suspect that DB were either actual UC operatives or another elite omni group under orders to create as much chaos as possible to keep the clans and the neutrals in a constant state of fear and dissaray. And by attacking their own cities (mind you they never actually targetted military targets which are valuable to OT, just civilian locations with employees which the corporation can replace) the finger would continue to be pointed at the clans as the 'terrorists' even tho DB has never been proven to be a clan and we continue to fight them whenever we see the masked commandos.

Another thing...UC have helmets on, you don't see their faces or bodies...mostly because they have been genetically engineered and probably no longer look human. DB also cover their faces...what a coincidence.

The CoT was made aware of the weapon signatures long ago, but did not follow up on it.

Lord Marshal of the Dust Brigade...you're exposed, and the clans will do their best to beat you to a bloody pulp and make you pay for the pain and suffering the DB has brought upon our people!
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Apr 2nd, 2006 at 02:00:45.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Not the Dust Brigade's MO, really. They usually blow up the front door (or launch missiles at the city), THEN announce themselves.

These guys announced themselves before they started shooting. Didn't look like the Dust Brigade at all.

The Dust Brigade are Clan, a Legacy Clan to boot, just like the Sentinels and the Unionist. This is a matter of history, it's not up for discussion.

That a Dust Brigade spy was able to infiltrate Omni-Pol to such an extent is both worrying and embarassing. But let's at least be grateful that this spy has now been exposed.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

thats to rich, Dust brigade...Omni?

yeah that's why they terrorized Omni-1 and Newland for so long...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    The Dust Brigade are Clan, a Legacy Clan to boot, just like the Sentinels and the Unionist. This is a matter of history, it's not up for discussion.
    You may be reading history written by Omni-Reform...because no CoT records has ever recognized the DB as a Legacy Clan.

The DB was an organization which appeared at the end of the 3rd Rubikan War (the 4th was the Notum Wars). They did not affiliate themselves to the CoT and their numbers were not large.

They were hunted down by a coalition of omni and clans forces and at that time most thought they had been killed off. It wasn't until a few years ago when they resufaced that it was made clear they went underground to regroup and come back stronger than before.

References:

RK Timeline
    Dust Brigade - A Historical Perspective - Part 1
    Dust Brigade - A Historical Perspective - Part 2

Feel free to discuss it further.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

And I think we're looking at Clan propaganda with you. It's perfectly plausible that DB had access to OT weapons technology because of this leak, it's also plausible that some unicorns were members of the Brigade, acting under Maelfus' orders. Does that mean that the DB has official Omni-Tek sanction? No. I very much doubt the corporation would have any major benefit with the creation of such a terrorist group. Yes, they have killed clanners, and it is a plausible scenario that HQ might engineer a threat to allow for increased security in our cities, but the Dust Brigade would not be the best manner in which to achieve that. A much smaller clan-affiliated group would do the job much better, and provide us with more of a reason to clean out Tir and Omni-2.

Urmm, guys...anyone see what actually happened to Zora when Maelfus and his cronies came out of the shadows and declared thier true identities? I was trying to track him (if only to see him get out alive) but lost him in the midst of the scramble out of close quarter fighting to a more defensible position. Does anyone know if he made it out alive? injured? or have the Dusters captured him? am so annoyed at myself for getting caught up in the fight for revenge for the last time I danced with the Dusters grr *kicks himself*.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast