Thread: Consolidated doctor profession link thread

Consolidated doctor profession link thread

Older threads can be accessed from here:

Useful links to guides for new and experienced doctors

I took some from this one that were a little more up to date than the ones in Letah's and left out more out-of-date guides.

Weapons

Difference in weapon IP usage Author - Patho (Most informative answer by Rimbe)

Guide to special attacks on an MA doc Author - Various Posts

Guide to the MA Doc Author - Jynne

Blades of Boltar Author - Various Posts (most informative made by BigT)

New doctor's guide to weapons Author - Harrington

Equipping weapons Author - Disq

Definitive Research on Best PvM Doc Weapons Thread Author - Biochemyst

Common list of doctor weapons Author - Forumtroll

Weapons for TL3-4 Docs Author - Stillian

Opinions of the different weapon types Author - Redkross

FACTS about weaons and posts about weapons Author - Siorai

List of multiranged twink items Author - rimbe

Guides

Nanos and perks

Breakable/Unbreakable Init debuffs Author - Cazix

Doctor DOT Table Author - Forumtroll and Regidoc

Doctor LE Personal Research Lines Author - Zacharyas

Doctor's guide to SL perks Author - Jynne

Overview of SL heals Author - Emislicer

Nanoinit formula and instacasting Author - Mmba

Complete Overview of all Doctor Nanos Author - Zacharyas

Equipment setup

Twinking Cure of Baldness on Level 1 Doctor (and other things as well) Author - Dredd

Int/Psy buffing items for twinking on Merlin armor Author - Rockempire

Twinking on a Cure for Baldness with 36 PharmaTech Author - Saetos

Twinking GTA on level 7 doc Author - Dredd

Troxdoc with Intelligent Symbs Author - Doctorhyde

Easy PvP Setup Author - Dokalicious

Guide to Symbiants Author - Diatribe

Profession information

Biased, Subjective, Unscientific Rules of Thumb for the Doctor Profession v.2.0 Author - Biochemyst

Complete liste of practical BM/MM adding items (or at least almost) Author - LtBurlap

Guide to equipping a ql 300 nano controller unit Author - Jynne

Things to say for Legchopper quest Author - Meafixu

Expressions and Acronyms in AO Author - Placidity

Doctor Breeds - A Complete Look - Author Mmba

Surviving tower battles Author - Jynne

A look at Heal Delta Author - Olabil

Doctor PvP guide Author - Docya

Nano delta Author - Olabil

Hostile nano against docs in PvP and their cures Author - Davidchiou

Guide to teaming with docs (Humour) Author - Zanthyna

BotDr - Profession Chat Channel Author - Beekeeper

Just for Fun

Misc. Humor

Guide to Teaming with Docs

Mmba #5 (A song about Doctor BS PvP)

Show us your Doc!(Picture Thread)

If you feel there is a thread that deserves to be a part of this sticky, let one of the professionals know.
    Last edited by Mmba; Oct 14th, 2008 at 14:21:51. Reason: added content
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Nice clean up.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

What weapon should I use btw?
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapthrill
    What weapon should I use btw?
    Since MA docs are getting so popular lately, I'd say you should use parry sticks
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    Since MA docs are getting so popular lately, I'd say you should use parry sticks

<post padding>

Nice list, very useful.

I find the Tower wars, Perk Guide and sarcastic doc-teaming guide very handy & interesting!

Great effort, Regidoc.
    Hey ? ! Where did my signature go. . . ?

--> Redundant now since CR refresh 'bug' got fixed

To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi View Post
    --> Redundant now since CR refresh 'bug' got fixed

i edited your post. basically kept all the information, but clarified, and moved stuff around. its still nice to have as a sticky.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

wootz! For a while, I thought my lil name would be forever wiped from the annals of Doc nubiness!

*runs back to RK4*
    To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

Could we possible get the dates the threads were created added on here? (next to the thread link ofc.)

I know I could look it up myself, but it would just seem to add an ease of use since there are multiple threads on the same subject, some older and some newer.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

So to this day (april 13th 2009) are MA docs still going strong? Or have things changed to make something else better in PvM? (Would be nice if it were nice for PvP too).

Just wondering. Been gone for almost 3 years and getting back into things.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfulxp View Post
    So to this day (april 13th 2009) are MA docs still going strong? Or have things changed to make something else better in PvM? (Would be nice if it were nice for PvP too).

Just wondering. Been gone for almost 3 years and getting back into things.
    not exactly the right thread to do it in. in short, yes they're viable. if you want more, hit up one of the other threads
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist