Thread: arrows...

arrows...

Just wondering if there is any way to make special arrows using tradeskills?

Not the ones you can buy at the MA terminal, but something different. Are they able to be made now, and how, or is tradeskill arrow-making broken? If so, is there a plan to have this fixed?

Any info appreciated,

Zensunni

~~~ Very little matters very much and almost nothing matters greatly. ~~~ "Feersum Endjinn" Iain M. Banks

This is just cut and pasted from the Workshop.. Slightly edited for more usefulness.

http://pub79.ezboard.com/faoengineer...icID=892.topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a very simple trade skill that only requires (oddly enough , perhaps for the sake of bow-users) agility .

1 - Obtain Arrowheads and Reet-Tech Metaplast Arrowshafts from the Ranged Component shop .

2 - Combine them together ! Now you have your arrows !

- Steel Arrowhead - Normal Arrows - Makes 25
    - Radiation Arrowhead - Apple Seed Special Arrows - Makes 10
    Seems to taunt your enemy , as suggested by its description , not confirmed
    - Chemical Arrowhead - Needle Pine Special Arrows - Makes 20
    Not sure of its special function
    - Poison Arrowhead - Poison Bamboo Special Arrows - Makes 20
    At QL 4 Poison Bamboo adds deals 42 damage
    - Fire Arrowhead - Not sure , i have not been able to try it due to my lack of funds :-( and its minimum QL seem to be 120
    - Frost Arrowhead - Not sure as well , minimum QL seem to be 60

The usage of all special arrows require nano points , like MA skills .
    The agility required seem to be something like [Percentage of average QL of the two components (out of QL 200)] X 550 .

Making normal arrows yourself are much cheaper than buying them from shops , by saving at least 75% from what the components i have got .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went ahead and made some Fire and Frost Arrows.

Fire Arrowheads - Fire damage arrows, QL132 does 345 - 990 points of fire damage, requires 401 Bow Special attack - Makes 20

Frost Arrowheads - Not sure what it does, "Your shelter blows away." - Makes 20

I tried to add the Ql120 Fire Arrowhead to a Ql71 Reet-Tech Metaplast Arrowshafts and it didn't take. What is weird is that it didn't give me an error of any kind, it just wouldn't combine them. Then, I went to a Sup shop and got some QL175 Arrowshafts, which game me a QL error. I needed at least QL157 Fire Arrowheads to combine them with QL175 Arrowshafts. Meaning that the QL of the arrows takes on the QL of the Arrowshafts. I then tried adding the QL120 Arrowheads to QL151 Arrowshafts, but needed QL135 Arrowheads.

So, it looks like QL of Arrowhead / .90 will give you about the highest QL of Arrowshaft you can get.

Tarage - Omni-Tek Trader
    Last edited by Tarage; Aug 12th, 2002 at 04:08:31.

Thanks for the info.....just want to say I appreciate it.

Now.....something else to put IP into.

Zensunni

~~~ Very little matters very much and almost nothing matters greatly. ~~~ "Feersum Endjinn" Iain M. Banks