Thread: Low Level Inferno Soloing

Low Level Inferno Soloing

I recently farmed the inf boots parts, and spawned tchu in order to get inferno access. I've just started working at collecting the PB parts for the inf garden key quest. I've learned a lot about soloing, but I'm sure I'm not doing everything right yet, so please chime in with helpful advice. This is all from the perspective of a TL5 agent, so I'm probably doing a lot of things that TL7 don't have to do just to stay alive.

The Theory:
    When soloing, you are trying to outlast the mob. It doesn't really matter how much damage you do, only that you don't die. I think everything does fire and radiation dmg, with fire being most prevalent. Dynas also seem to be on a 25 min timer.

Pulling is 90% of the battle. Pulling the dyna to a location where you can kill him without adds is really, really hard. I don't have a lot of runspeed so it's hard to pull, so I use some RS buffing items. When you are low level and can only take 3-4 hits, a bad pull results in instant death!

Step 1: Get equipped properly.
    One nano is absolutely 100% required. Superior Hold Victim from the Corporal Ashley Winstead quest line. I was not able to solo anything until I got this. Why? At low levels, one add and you are dead. You need a root to land so you can have proper keep adds away. It also helps you GET to the dyna you are trying to solo. I can't count the number of times I've died just trying to get to the dyna.

The gear I have been using is:
    • HP Aruls: Having lots of HP is good.
    • Ring of Haste: +100 RS help you pull
    • Ringlet of Black Panther Whiskers: I started using this instead of ring of haste for the +112 HP
    • Boots of Infinite Speed: Using gives Terrain Knowledge +40 RS
    • Hacked Boosted-Graft: Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended) 13% reflect
    • Hacked Boosted-Graft: Playful Cub +100 RS
    • Hacked Boosted-Graft: Advanced Shielding Barrier +343 ACs
    • Viral Communications Larvae: Use to regen 20% nano (really awesome because it scales with how much max nano you have!)
    • Corrupted flesh: Gives 500 absorbs when pulling
    • Notum Focus gives +800 nano on a 30m cooldown (h/t: enfo soloing guide)Notum focus completely useless because it locks psychic, which larvae also locks.

General useful buffs are RS buffs, pnh, HP buffs. I think CI and cost buff is mandatory. Why? Well, cost buff is self explanitory, if you run out of nano you are dead. But CI is required because you need to be able to cast superior hold victim in mimic. I don't have the nano skills to do that so CI is required for me, if you can cast that nano self or using that nano hud3 item you don't need CI.

Step 2: Scouting
    Prescout the route and area you are going to pull to. Make sure adds are rooted or killed before. This is pretty important. When you plan out your route, make sure to use as many LOS blockers and cliff-thingies in order to lose or slow down the adds chasing you

Step 3: The Pull
    Buff yourself with composite combat (+20 RS). Use playful cub, boots of infinite speed, advanced sheilding barrier as soon as possible, you want the lockout to start counting down, because you will most likely die and it sucks to have to wait for lockout to be over for your next try Use the reflect graft right when you get into the right zone (it will dissapear if you zone after using it).

I don't have enough NCU, so I use a sanc key for extra ncu instead of combat aug device and don't use assassins grin. Buff yourself with life channeler and deathless blessing, charge up your nano, go into sneak and get within 25m of the dyna.

Now its time to DOT pull. I don't use the dot ring because if you click it and are out of range, it will unsneak you anyway, and then you will die. I use perpetuating nano reaper instead of dead cold because it has a 25M range, 6s attack, 3:00 duration compared to dead cold which is 20M range, 6.35 attack, 1:30 duration. Landing it is harder (110% vs 95%), but its better to have it not land and live instead of land and die. 5m distance makes a big difference.

Right when you finish casting, RUUUUUNNNNN!!! This is the most likely place to die. While running, click corrupted flesh, it could save your life. Use LOS blockers and run and run to your scouted kill zone. Eventually, the dyna will find you after everyone else gives up chasing.

While waiting for the dyna to find me, I recast deathless blessing. Cancel Ruse as it's now useless. It will free up enough NCU for enhanced trueshot / absolute concentration, and use a first aid stim to top off my nano.

Step 4: The Kill
    Now its the "easy" part. Click UBT over and over again so you cast it right when the dyna comes into range, then cast projectile magnet (long duration, low nano cost, low recharge) Now it's just about staying alive. Make sure to spam Lifegiving elixer, which is much easier on your nano pool. Let's say you have around ~13K HP. When you get to <50% health, don't use LE. I just don't cast anything and wait until I get hit one more time, and then CH after the next hit. I died alot when using LE at 50%, then at the same time getting nuked. Your cooldown wont be over before the next hit and it will be hello reclaim. I also found that CHing at 50% uses too much nano, and you'll run out, so waiting one more hit is a good idea.

Make sure you show fighting target ncu to know when UBT is about to run out. Usually by the time I'm here, the RS lockout from the boots is over, so I use crat coffee for +1 crit. I also use might of revenent and absolute concentration to kill quicker. Now you can also swap the ring of haste for a dmg ring. If you know you won't run out of nano, you can dot him as well. Root any adds that stumble into your path.

You need to be aware of your HP. Sometimes dynas will nuke for a ton of dmg, and if they crit at the same time, you will probably die if you are already at half HP. But this only happens if you get unlucky.

You'll very quicky know which dynas you can kill and which you can't.

Questions/ Things I still need to try:
    • Farm a 6% fire reflect bracer. This should be better than +300 HP from arul
    • Glowing Retribution graft: +99 hp and +75 radiation ACs
    • Anyone have advice on if you should use soften up / tranq and move out of melee range? This hasn't been to effective for me. It feels like I still get hit, and do no dmg in the meantime. Usually I just stand still so less chance of adds -- am I doing it right?
    • Does improved cut red tape help a lot with soloing? It's hard to find this buff, but I'm sure it can't hurt. What other crit decrease items are useful? Is crit decrease really that good?
    • I'm using the S7 rifle which has fling. I think joy of the hunt might be a better weapon though, because the crits will be higher. I would like to try with joth and let you guys know what works better.
    • How important are ACs? Worth giving up 200 hp for 400 ACs? Not tested, but so far I've been going with hp
    • I should try getting some trader scones Scones are level locked.

Soloable dynas at 160(I'm going to go ahead and say that anything higher than level 215 is not possible for me, but If someone has killed a dyna >215 at level 200 or below, please let me know so I can try to kill it too!):
    • Anansi Dreamkeeper (205) - make sure you DOT pull him towards the yuttos. There is a little open area that you can kill him in. The Tranq/Soften up trick works well on him, because he can't hit you out of melee range. I recommend never jumping onto the clifs. Sometimes he can't hit you and then regens to full HP. Better to stay on the ground and get hit a few times.
    • Pursued Spirit (215)
      Near him is a cliff you can run up out of LOS to escape the other spirits. Just dot him and run up and around to a safe place to get him alone.
    • Devoted Spirit Hunter (215)
      This guy is very tricky. I can't pull him without dying to the surrounding adds. The trick is to climb up to the cliffs above him. Shoot him to get agg, which still on the cliff, run towards the pursued spirit (make sure you kill pusued spirit first). While he runs below you, hit him with a DOT, then jump down to the level he is on so he can chase you. Then run like the wind and get him alone. Very tricky to do (and explain) right, but it's possible.
    • Obsolete Souldredge (214)
      Pretty easy to get alone. Just body pull adds and root them and then go back and AS him. No need to dot pull here.
    • Pyiininnik's Shadow (215) - Body pull adds away and root them, then go back and pull him west to where there are no adds. I needed PNH/IOR for him. His crits were ~4.4K, so you need a little bit of luck. I use LE up to 50% hp, but if you are in cooldown, he can hit you one crit and one regular (~3.5K) before cooldown ends and you will die.
    • Aniitap's Shadow (215) - After failing a lot at first, with a bit more HP (~700) and PNH I am able to solo him easily. He is actually one of the easiest ones to solo because there is only one walker around him. Just wait until the walker is far, then AS and UBT. Then run up the mountain to near the redeemed temple entrace and kill him in peace.
    • Salahpt (215) - This one I did with behe and pnh. Very doable and there is no pull because he is by himself. I almost didn't try this because I didn't think dragons would be possible, but the only difference it seems like is the HP. He takes forever to kill and you have to hold concentration (ubt, projectile magnet, deathless blessing, life channeler, stim, perks, etc) for a long time without messing up. It took me around ~25 minutes, which can get dicy around the time your mimic wears off. The biggest danger is if he does a lot of crits in a short time period, you might run out of nano, if I were to do it again, I would use the S7 Larvae much earlier, so you get to use it twice in one battle. I did not try soloing Atarkirh (215), but he seems like he is the exact same.
    • What are the other easy 215 dynas I should try?

Failed Soloing:
    • Chimera Monitor (not sure ql) - Can't find a good way to pull without dying
    • Chimera Trainer (not sure ql)- Can't find a good way to pull without dying
    • Beast (215) - Init debuff means death!
    • Enkindled Spirit (215) - I failed this because all my nano got drained. Next time I can try with PNH and see if that makes enough of a difference.

Edit:
    • Added Pyiininnik's Shadow to successes, Beast to fail.
    • Added Notum Focus to gear list.
    • Moved Aniitap's Shadow from fail to success.
    • Added Ringlet of Black Panther Whiskers to gear list
    • Added Salahpt to success and Enkindled Spirit to fail.
    Last edited by horrible; May 29th, 2012 at 20:32:18. Reason: added content
    I am Horrible

Nice how-to-do-it-solo guide. Bump for you.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

@160?! Im impressed. Chimera trainer I used to pull counterclockwise around that hill halfway towards the jump-off point coming from penumbra. Of course I didnt do that at 160 and one or two hits I could survive.
    Nano range for the dot should not be a problem with range increaser/NT range buff. Cancel NT range buff later if its +cost% is a problem. I also used perpetuating nano reaper for its duration of 3:00 mins.

Technically 200 HP are as good as 2k AC after one hit. If you CH once every two hits 200HP equal 1k AC and so on. If your HP is below 10k then always take the HP. Personally I would use the HP always up to 15kish HP.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mawu View Post
    @160?! Im impressed. Chimera trainer I used to pull counterclockwise around that hill halfway towards the jump-off point coming from penumbra. Of course I didnt do that at 160 and one or two hits I could survive.
    I'll give this another shot to see if I can do it, I have the PB pieces for the garden key, but I could use a shroud of darkest night.

I also think a huuuuge difference would be having that friggin fire reflect bracer. I've been trying to farm that but no luck so far.
    I am Horrible

Conflagrant spirit/Enkindled spirit you can try. They will be tough to handle the first minute or so of the fight due to having an attack that scales with how much nano they have. This attack will hit very hard at first and coupled with a nuke it'll most likely kill you.
    Once they have nuked a couple of times they run out of nano which gives them no attackrating on that swing, defensive skill is your own max nano so you'll always evade it at that point. Then the fight is easy as both the nukes and the really hard melee hit no longer happens.
    The hit is fire damage while the nuke is radiation damage so unfortunately you cannot cover both with bracers. Range is 40 meter on that punch so you cannot avoid it simply with positioning.

Incandecent spirit will init debuff you so stay clear of him.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Conflagrant spirit/Enkindled spirit you can try. They will be tough to handle the first minute or so of the fight due to having an attack that scales with how much nano they have. This attack will hit very hard at first and coupled with a nuke it'll most likely kill you.
    Once they have nuked a couple of times they run out of nano which gives them no attackrating on that swing, defensive skill is your own max nano so you'll always evade it at that point. Then the fight is easy as both the nukes and the really hard melee hit no longer happens.
    Interesting, I didn't know there were mobs like this. I don't have opi 'zap nano' perked right now but maybe that would help to reduce the # of nukes you have to eat. Also, I think I have a good bit of max nano so that should help too.
    I am Horrible

I can't give you insight as an Agent, but as an Adv (OP i know), I try to calm all of the surrounding adds ( if you start casting and move in a direction (back/strafe sideways) as you end the cast, the surrounding mobs won't aggro you. So Mezz all the adds, and then kill boss where it is.
    You should try the Eremites, they have a good amount of adds but they don't hit too hard (except their 4k nuke, which pretty much all inf dynas have).

For non-mezzing classes I suggest using the inner sanctum/totw DoT ring on the mob, and then running around a corner where the adds lose Line-of-sight and aggro.

For me the hardest part is surviving the fight at these times: Save perks as needed - if you get init debuffed, use perks that will save you/kite the boss (with line of sight gimmicks). When not debuffed, survive at all costs & Always expect that 4k nuke to hit when you least expect it to!

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    I did lots of Inf soloing back in the days but with a lowbie Doc. Arguably much easier with the DoT pulls and HP is not as much of a problem. My advice is always give up AC for HP, and always give up HP for anything that can reduce the number of crits you receive.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Impressive stuff @ 160
    Hells Heroes
    Blackcradle :: Fiveof13 :: Darkoath :: Wargasm :: Sylvan :: Schlage

I have successfully farmed all reflect bracers for one of my TL5 twinks. (except energy - bad memory)

There's a couple things you should know.

First I think the highest level bracer TL5 can use is QL 180 (could be wrong).

It's a 6% bracer if I'm not mistaken and at QL 181 it goes to TL6 and the reflect amount changes to 7% there as well.

Anyhow, I don't remember those details, but what I do remember is that the ONLY item that drops bracers in missions (better drop rate than mobs in smugglers den, and better QL - the mobs in smugglers have a bad drop rate for TL5 bracers), is the GREY crates.

ONLY the grey crates drop bracers - and as I recall the drop rate is very good.

The only problem is getting missions with grey crates.

So, what I did is I logged my 150 fixer, rolled QL 150+20% =QL 180 missions,

The, buffed my 170 keeper up with GSF+hot, and rushed in (this is the toon I want the bracers on), and, looked around all the rooms to see if the crates are present. This is important, because most missions DO NOT have grey crates, but, if they DO have grey crates, there is usually more than 1. So, it's ideal to know which rooms have them.

then, once you got the locations, you either kill all the mobs that you agged, or, exit and come back in and only kill those that are in your path.

For me it took about 2-3 days to get all bracers except energy bracer. Fire/cold and physics dropped in the first few hours. melee bracer took a long time, projectile bracer took fair bit of time also. Energy bracer didn't drop - but I think that is just bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    First I think the highest level bracer TL5 can use is QL 180 (could be wrong).
    Auno and Xyphos could both be wrong, but they both say 176 is max for TL5, then at 177 it changes to TL6. And that both are 6%, doesn't change to 7% until 185.

But it's been a long time since I've done anything with reflect bracers, so take it with a grain of salt.

McKnuckleSamwich is right. Reflect bracers are tl5 up to ql180. Same as dmg rings.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Don't think you can do the spirit dynas after they gave them that new nano dot. The eremite bosses at 225 incarnator might be possible tho, if you can pull them right.

Edit: You might want to experiment with mimic crat too. I managed afreet ellis/creepy spider @ tl5 on my crat with spinetooth+eremite charms
    Last edited by Phargus; Jun 12th, 2012 at 23:21:23.