Thread: Pet Pathing

Lightbulb Pet Pathing

Pet pathing to say the least sux... it sux so much that it... well it sux and i would like to see something changed about it... especially in the rooms with tables or other obsticals...

It's #2 on the priorities list, with #1 being an effective reimbursement tool. They have mentioned some fixes coming in 14.5/14.6.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I give you the epic tale..

My Mission with Sepp

1. Enter mission.
    2. Kill stuff.
    3. Sepp edges into the room to target the Real Mean, then sends Shover Robot after it.
    4. Shover Robot: IM GONNA GET STUcK IN A TABLE@!!@%2
    5. Sepp is hit twice by the Real Mean and dies.
    6. I run.
    7. Shover is still stuck in the table.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Other version of the epic tale...

1. Enter mission area with Engy pal TK.
    2. Pull & kill MOBs in the first room.
    3. Go to other rooms.
    4. Bot gets lost somewhere in the mission area, due to Run buffs - ours, not his... we were running too fast for the poor thing, it seems.
    5. TK runs everywhere in already visited rooms to find bot again. Somewhere far from us, bot dies for having been aggroed.
    6. Build bot again.
    7. Mission, mission, mission. Pet reappears all of a sudden when we use the teleport to second floor.
    8. Hunt, hunt, kill, kill, slash, burst. Pet gets lost *again*.
    9. TK's pissed off, says we finish without the bot.
    10. Kill the boss (good grief he was alone this time! no minions to cope with).
    11. As by magic, bot's here again... waiting for us on second floor.
    12. /pet terminate

Epic tale to be repeated every 2 missions.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Runbuffs and bots don't mix.

I'm lucky, in that I have an understanding group of guildmantes to team with, but I've still encountered all the problems mentioned above. Engineers are fragile, the bot is your fighting power, forget pistols, shotguns, martial arts or anything else you might have short of slayer transference. If an orange mob aggros you and the bot's lost somewhere, you're dead. It's touch and go with yellows.

Solo, you learn how to move through rooms - slowly. You learn when to use /pet hunt and when to use /pet attack, and how best to position the bot so it doesn't get stuck in the doorway trying to aggro a mob in the next room. In teams, things are much more difficult, since even the most understanding team won't have a full appreciation of the rituals you have to go through to get a successful attack from your droid.

Lastly, there's the damage issue. Solo, your bot's enormous capacity for punishment means you can successfully carve your way through some fairly tough missions, as long as you don't mind doing it very slowly. In teams, the bot just doesn't do enough damage to be worthwhile. Mobs aggro players in preference to bots most of the time, which means that the bot doesn't even make a good tank for much of the time. Aggro trimmers work, but they work best on green mobs you don't really need a tank for anyway. Oranges are usually fairly resistant to their effects, which means that the bot makes a great tank right up until the point where you really need one, then it all goes a bit wrong.

The wierd thing is that although all of these issues drive me away from my engineer character time and again, I always end up coming back.

Cheers,

~R~

You ever team with other pet classes, Soyuz? I try to do that whenever possible, as they understand when to slow down and how to navigate to keep these moronic pets in place.

I'm an MP, so my buffs help engies, and his help mine (the pet at least). Hard to find Engineers to team with is all.

I'm hoping it will improve when/if outdoor hunting is made practical. Pet's are great outdoors.

Lightbulb Didn't you know?

Pet pathing is not a bug. It's a penalty pet classes pay for being so uber.

/sarcasm off

What pet pathing?

When doing a mission the other day, I decided to count how many times my Engineer's bot got stuck or lost. Poor GorGor got stuck 37 times, which was an average of once every other room.

*Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

Unhappy

Well, I'm an MP and pet pathing well, aint to good, my bob and dave get stuck in the most stupid places, i walked down past a table and they shot off to the mission enterance while i got aggroed by a red Mob, i think there shud b sumthing implemented like pets having the ibility to pass through obejects and pass over things like tables etc...