Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atrox and Blood-Soaked Cloak of Dishonour

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Limber? DoF? Please don't tell me how to play a shade. I would also be interested in how a shade before 190 gets aggro from other professions that cap their specials very regularly. Anyways, a smart shade will time their damage properly so they won't die even if they do get agg, DUH.
    Everything helps. Limber/DoF are not godmode, and they aren't always up. I know I had to tank a lot in adonis teams, because there aren't usually better DDs around than a twinked shade.

Getting agg on shade at tl5 doesn't equal death in a team with a healer. We can tank, and evades make it easier.

But why would you know anyway, it's been so long since you actually played/leveled a shade I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Edolran View Post
    But why would you know anyway, it's been so long since you actually played/leveled a shade I'm sure.
    Irrelevant ... nothing has changed since shade was my main toon. Everything we have since then is just icing. The cake is the part that matters. PVP, PVM, all the same. In fact, if anything, it's easier to play shade now then it was when I did it. I didn't have LE research or weapons or armor etc and didn't even have AI gear while I was leveling ... and you didn't need BSCOD on at 160 then, you don't need it now, unless your some skill-less button pounding fool. I'm kinda glad I leveled my shade when you needed skill to play it, unlike now.

Currently, you can level so fast that the whole question of how early you can put on gear is purely academic, though I can see a justification in the exercise that there are so many noobs leveling ATM that you would actually need to be pimped out with top gear to out-tank most tank profs. But then again, if your that keen on pimping yourself out and have the means to do so, you shouldn't have to ask such questions.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 31st, 2007 at 23:04:04.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Im attempting to get mine on my trox shade at 156 =p
    Frozen since:
    2006-06-16 00:05:10
    Cancelled

Limber? DoF? Please don't tell me how to play a shade. I would also be interested in how a shade before 190 gets aggro from other professions that cap their specials very regularly. Anyways, a smart shade will time their damage properly so they won't die even if they do get agg, DUH.
    Actually my shade stole agg consistently from 140 up. Even when teamed with people much higher than me (like 195 Keepers @ Ado hecklers when I was 160, and 220s when I was 190 in Inferno teams). It was not hard as long as you didn't have much fear of dying and kept weapons up to date.

It was bad enough that I ended up doing most of my 130-160 by dual logging with my Doc. I found it pretty boring to hang back on perks.

At the same time ... I just do not see that twinking on that BSC is going to help significantly. As any DD shade is going to be very low on evades anyway (relatively speaking) and 75 evades won't help against Ado hecks significantly (and definitely not in the higher playfields) until you're much higher and can get evades up while also equipping more defensive spirits.

So ... gl ... but it really isn't anything but epeen.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

My 154 Shade's an Evadeshade and even She draws agg all the time unless I am very careful and put a lot of time inbetween PM/TR Perklines.....

on a side note, woo, piercing evil is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12