Thread: Evades make you shoot faster?

Evades make you shoot faster?

I was talking with a friend of mine tonight, and he said to me that he was going to raise his evades in order to be able to shoot his gun faster. I was under the impression that raising ranged init and sliding your agg/def bar to full agg were the ways you could shoot faster, and said this to him, but he disagreed and presented a long argument. He said a level 175 person told him that raising his evades would make his gun faster, and also that when you raise them it makes your body faster and thus makes your shooting speed go up. Anyone know more about this? Is it true that raising your evade skills like dodge-rng and so on can make you shoot a gun faster? Or was the higher-level guy pulling his chain?

What I guess is this:

If you raise your evades, you can go to higher agg without the extra impact from hits by MOB's. But if you already are at 100%agg, I guess it wouldn't make you shoot faster.

Then again, it's a guess only...
    Flyhard - lvl 137 doc
    Thermaling - lvl 94 fixer

Higher evades don't make you hit faster, they make you able to evade attacks and be hit with a critical less often. If you want to hit faster, raise your appropriate init. skill. The higher your init, the lower you can move your DEF/AGG bar and still be able to hit at max speed. I don't know the formula for this, but I'm sure if you ask, someone around here does.

-Dez

Your friend is a tool
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Originally posted by Third Eye
    Your friend is a tool
    Tools can be useful.