Thread: ubt breaking?

ubt breaking?

I have have a doc that's doing ado hecks atm (around level 165) I've noticed that a few times, after firing ubt, it seems to break. The heck is considerably slowed for let's say about half, 3/4 of its health, then all of a sudden, it goes berserk, and I have to reaply ubt, at which point someone usually dies.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was told that ubt doesn't break, but it doesn't seem to be the case. And yes, I'm 100% sure that it landed, because like I said the team manages to kill the heck to about half of its health without problems. I also don't get the, ubt failed to land message.

Any advise?
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Use an ubt-timer, make sure you kill it quicker than 2 minutes and 33 seconds

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

aye don't forget it only lasts 2min 35 so while there are few cases where a mob would last longer (well pen mish dummy anyone?) it can happen once in a while say if you ubt a heck & a calmed heck in advance & there's only 1min left on 2nd ubt when the team engage it'll be slowed at 1st & then drop

now if you mean it actually breaks before 2.35min i have never noticed this myself

Never seen UBT break early.

What I HAVE seen plenty of times is me forgetting it's going to run out and then acting rather surprised when the nice placid mob suddenly turns into a beserk whirlwind of doom before my very eyes. Normally at precisely the same minute I'm chaining through Starfall, thus interfering with my chain and ensuring I don't get the satisfaction of watching the nice big numbers that Supernova generates, which are by and large the only enjoyement I get out of running the same mission repeatedly just to fill a tiny bit more of my yellow bar so I can get a better heal and repeat the entire process....

erm, in summary, no.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Another (more likely possibility) is that you fumbled UBT, or it was countered. When you first pull a mob everyone is hitting their specials and perks, so the mob will spend a good deal of its life stunned. After 30 seconds or so people will run out of perks and specials, so the mob will start being able to hit people again, making it seem like it is no longer UBTed
    220/22/68 trox Enf Equip
    220/10 opi Shade
    207/13 nm Doc
    156/6 nm MP
    156/2 nm NT

UBT doesnt fumble or get countered often on Hecks, but everyonce in a while it does, also i think hecks go berserk everyonce in a while to, cause ive landed it but seen no effect whatsoever and they were hitting faster then normal, goddamn its hard to outheal that.

Hiya Tep.

Actually UBT does not break upon damage but I've seen it go poof before timer runs out lately too. Sometimes it's hecks going bezerk and attacking faster. re-ubt'ing doesn't help there as it wasn't canceled in the first place.
    Other times it's the ubt though and re-ubt'ing decreases speed again. It is still a rare effect though and I couldn't reproduce it but it appears tome 3 things increase the chances of it happening.

- Stuns. My guess is stuns somehow mess timing of things on few occasions. I often see them going into the all frenzy mode after a few stuns and landing 2-3 attacks at once. There was once a bug with attack bars building up during stuns and all attacks releasing after stun ends but afaik that was fixed. Only Stun I know of in the same line with UBT is followup smash perk though and it shouldn't interfere.

- Mezz pets. It's kinda like the stuns but with mez pets on the heck i see it at least once every hour. Might be the calm/stun effect.

- Lag. I'm not talking about seemingly faster hits due to lag but actually ubt not working anymore. even if lag continues re-ubt'ing fixes it. My guess would be that somehow timer's on the server get messed from server load, or the server is more up to date while clients catch up.

Still it happens only rarely to me and even then it's mostly no biggie. But i grown used to refreshing ubt long before timer runs out when doing hecks now so i hardly notice anymore.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Ive had somewhat similar issues with this myself, and also in a Pen Mish recently.

Whats happened for me is UBT lands, and I see confirmation on the screen, but it happened while the game was lagging. You know, that usual 5-10 second spike you get. Well, I casted before the spike after just leveling down in a pen mish, only to get out of the spike with a successful cast, yet the mob aparantly wasnt UBTd, and he decided he wanted to aggro hop. He started out on a good tank so hits where landing much/werent doing too much damage. When he flipped over to one of the squishier targets, he hit them three times before I even had chance to notice.

I have a feeling there is an issue with the lag and landing UBT. Its happened to me a few times now, and its rather disappointing.

Rimor
    Hory "Prastic" Exprosives ¤ 220 · 26 · 64 ¤ Info ¤
    Number "Nzqrc" Systems ¤ 150 · 13 · 41 ¤ Equip ¤

Can confirm Tepa's experience..

I considered them being bugged, happened always with Heckler at certain positions. After more or less exactly 2 minutes (+/- 5 seconds) they started to hit 3-5 times in a row and low tanks went down without a chance to keep them up.

That time I started to re-UBT them after around 90 secs and since then I haven't had a problem like that again. Not sure what happens with those heckler, but it goes bad pretty soon once they start to chain hit.

Anyway, try to re-UBT far earlier than needed, might work for you as well as for me. If it doesn't work, try do something smarter than hitting rocks like working on your token board or such ><

i got some weird experience today, dunno if it is ment to be like this but here it comes:

chaincasted ubt 4 times to dummy and he just kept hitting the same way and didnt get any countered/resisted message. looked like he just sucked em with silence.

strange things happends. also that unable to cast,wait for current **** is really annoying. gotta avoid keepers and em auras from my teams :P

sucks big time
    No Doc can Heal Stupidity,Tard!

Smaaldor doc 207/13

Quote Originally Posted by maaltori View Post
    i got some weird experience today, dunno if it is ment to be like this but here it comes:

chaincasted ubt 4 times to dummy and he just kept hitting the same way and didnt get any countered/resisted message. looked like he just sucked em with silence.

strange things happends. also that unable to cast,wait for current **** is really annoying. gotta avoid keepers and em auras from my teams :P

sucks big time
    did you actually get succes message? (last few days i often had nocive nano cast result in no message at all no counter no fumble but no success) so i usually recast unless i see sucessfull

Quote Originally Posted by kartor View Post
    did you actually get succes message? (last few days i often had nocive nano cast result in no message at all no counter no fumble but no success) so i usually recast unless i see sucessfull
    i noticed this too,i dont get a counter msg if my NSD doesnt land,mob just continues nuking.

that's the blackhole. happens often just ask the NT's. Nuke get's lost somewhere between client and server and doesn't even hit mob.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by kartor View Post
    no i didnt, no messages of anykind.

somehow its lost in space, obviously its not landing as mob hits with normal speed. but its not countered either, strange...
    No Doc can Heal Stupidity,Tard!

Smaaldor doc 207/13

On the side note one future FC added long ago (before SL in a patch that ubered mission mobs if i remember right) is when fihgting green players and getting low on hp mobs sometime will go into berserk mod- hitting alot faster and having alot higher AR. Not sure about all the effects on it but i know that it was never removed (unlike the fun part when you would run into room with 2 nt mobs that would instantly CotP the lowest hp team member- was specially fun back when nont-tanks had less then 10 k hp and there was no xp poll).

Haha too bad btw it was really great for teaching people the simple rule of "dont rush in before tank".
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

I used the word NT, so my lure worked eh sevent

If you don't get a countered or success message you ubt isn't on target nontheless but is hitting some poor planet in the vast galaxy of bit and bytes - between your home and funcoms - where people have to figure out how to deal with the temporal time disorder field; caused by ubt's heavy debuffs. Mabye they'll fix it.. hopefully they'll let FC know too.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I used the word NT, so my lure worked eh sevent

If you don't get a countered or success message you ubt isn't on target nontheless but is hitting some poor planet in the vast galaxy of bit and bytes - between your home and funcoms - where people have to figure out how to deal with the temporal time disorder field; caused by ubt's heavy debuffs. Mabye they'll fix it.. hopefully they'll let FC know too.
    nice job on getting seventh here,unfortunatly you lost me after the smiley.What i just read looked like some wierd moonman language :>

Even I don't know what the hell i wrote so don't worry
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Niodemus View Post
    If it doesn't work, try do something smarter than hitting rocks like working on your token board or such ><

No can do, I have 1k board allready

Thanks for info everyone. I'm pretty sure that it lands though, because the heck usually goes berzerk when it has aprox 1/4 health left. Could be like Nio said and a bug with certain hecks. Like I said, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, it sucks.
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!