Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wish List brainstorming

couple of quick and silly ones:

make panther bigger. atm it's less a battleaxe than a hatchet

at least recolour the Abyssal Desecrator, maybe with a blue flame motif, still not many will use it, but when they do it wont be mistaken for a stygian.

and Bump <3 for chainsaws/swords, fits enforcers perfectly. infact, make sure they have an enf tag, a keeper with a chainsaw/sword/axe would look silly
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.

Throw a man in a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: Logging on :: all systems ready.
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: !online
    [The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: 1 members online :: click to view
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: great, I've been talking to myself for the last ten minutes.

Backstab for enforcers ;o

Oh yeah forgot! Make avalanche and stone fist usable during whole duration of troll form, not just for 1-2 seconds after executing troll form. Or make them not require troll form at all! They aren't practical in alien raids because of the fact that 15 guys can kill one alien quite fast so two slow perks don't necessarily have time to execute during one mob and I can end up with just the usual message abotu having to run ft first.

And during pvp because FT has those stones flying around, every smart guy runs away when they see them and avalanche and stone fist again can't be used.

Came up with two more totally hot topics, mentioned here already:

- No *ridiculously* distinct animation for troll form. All of other professions def/attack perk animations are inline with some buffing graphics and can even be missed or go unnoticed easily, while enforcer in troll form is seen from miles away, almost like shadowbreed perk. It ruins pvp experience by far.

- Backstab for enforcer, why the hell not? Would be lovely, to at least hear any possible explanation as to why a melee brawler type profession cannot backstab someone. I would somehow - maybe - understand if only shades had it, and would think of it as of a sneaky type of attack. But it's clearly not - otherwise, why do adventurers have it? This makes very little sense from any possible point of view.
    (Obviously this would automatically mean enabling backstab for keepers too though, so I'm not sure I'd want that to happen, seeing as they have their "overpower" button already anyway).
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Backstab wouldn't be much use to us as you have to be behind the target and it has to be aggroing someone else. I'd prefer a new special brawl based attack, which I think would be more in line.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Regarding backstab...

I agree that it is not of much use to a tanking enforcer more than maybe as a way to help get aggro back when lost to some silly shade.... buuuut... not all enforcers tank all the time, most teams and even whole raids only has one tank thus turning the rest of the participating enforcers into regular damage dealers. This would help those enforcers, if equipped with a sneak attack capable weapon of course, do a little more damage, something I think will not hurt enforcers in general at all. As an added bonus it would probably help make 1he and piercing a little more popular among enforcers and thus slightly reduce the size of the 2he clone army.

But that is just a thought...
    Asynja, General of Ragnarok, the original level 200 and level 220 nanomage enforcer | Equip

A word of caution... if Enfos ever got Backstab 1HE would stand a better than average chance of becoming the weaponline of choice (again) thus encouraging silly people to blow another couple of all to rare IP resets. For the many of us left here with no resets I predict mass whining

Besides Backstabs not really an enfo kind of thing. Were supposed to be brawlers, no grace no style just stand there and beat the **** out of it till its dead style. Hell thats why I signed up

Now what they should do is fix the brawler line so you don't have to be behind the target and extend it up to lvl 10 for Enfos only with some nice massive taunt or damage thing (my hit points for your hit points sort of thing).

You have 40k hps you hit the beast for 40k hps
    You have 20k hps you hit the beast for 20k hps

Would at least give us a reason to buff the usless SL Essences.
    Last edited by Kissysuzuki; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 10:45:22.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Wishlist:

EDIT: 0) Cyclic Aura that does a 400 pt layer to Enfo and 200pt layer for team, 25s refresh. Should stack with normal layers.
    1) Make a viable alternative to Maul of Gwyydagg for non-trox 2HB users
    2) Make the Maul of Gwyydaggs larger. It looks like a kid's toy hammer in the hands of a Trox running Challenger.
    3) Make the icons for Taunt tools 'grey out' properly in the hotbar. I'm squinting my eyes looking for 'Psychology skill available.' message every 6s. (Yes I know of the invisible window trick but it still gets on my nerves)
    4) Change the graphics for Kyr'Ozch Energy Swords/Hammers and Kyr'Ozch Spears. pfft.
    5) Literally set the Enfo on fire when running rage. If MAs can get jumping kick attacks, why can't we have some graphics luv? (Oh yes. Play fire engine noises whenever Rage is executed too. )
    6) Bump for chainsaws for 2HE, and Vibroblades (Battletech players should know) for Melee Energy.
    Last edited by Emislicer; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 11:45:58.
    To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

Quote Originally Posted by Emislicer
    .....3) Make the icons for Taunt tools 'grey out' properly in the hotbar. I'm squinting my eyes looking for 'Psychology skill available.' message every 6s. (Yes I know of the invisible window trick but it still gets on my nerves)...
    Did I miss a meeting? o.O what invisible window trick and what does it acheive?
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Quote Originally Posted by Kissysuzuki

Now what they should do is fix the brawler line so you don't have to be behind the target and extend it up to lvl 10 for Enfos only with some nice massive taunt or damage thing (my hit points for your hit points sort of thing).

You have 40k hps you hit the beast for 40k hps
    You have 20k hps you hit the beast for 20k hps

Would at least give us a reason to buff the usless SL Essences.
    That i like

Tbh, now that I think about it, if we go more damage(like 15-25%), we wouldn't need a new mongo probably. So maybe the ideas about new specials that do xxxx-xxxxx amount of damage every 6-11 seconds are better than a new mongo.

• Add a short, hostile nano to the SL single taunts, that'll increase the chance of a taunt proc landing on a mob. Like if someone hits a mob with Element of Malace, that mob will get a 10 second debuff that will make Dreadbringer will have an 80% chance of activating instead of 35%. In PvP, this little hostile nano could increase the target's damage, but reduce their add all off. and crit chance (since taunts piss off the target, making them want to swing harder but not being as focused on accuracy.)
    • Add a Melee Energy perkline (not specifically limited to enforcers.) The specials of this perkline would be self-sacrificing and/or roulette based offensive attacks. Like the third perk special in this line would be called Conductive Roulette, and will either stun and damage the target, stun you and damage the target, stun the target and damage you, or stun and damage you. The fourth special would be called Grounding, and will hit you and every hostile in the area with an almost-guaranteed-to-land stun and massive damage.
    • A team aura nanoline that will funnel some hate that the team generates to the enforcer. Just in case there are situations where multiple enforcers in the team both using this nano, you won't get the aura part if the core buff is in your NCU. Two reasons: 1, if two enforcers are using the aura, and it funnels, say, 20% of the generated hate to each enforcer, for a total of 40% reduced aggro (so more enforcers in the team = lower chance of getting aggro), and 2, so we don't get an infinitely repeating loop of hate funneling back and forth between two enforcers (infinite loops = servers blowing up).
    • Bump for brain symbiants between ql 180 and 280.
    • Bump for extended nano lines.
    • Bump for decreased SL ess snares and str/sta buffs in them.
    • Bump for perk specials actually greying out.
    • Bump for Avalance and Stone Fist being usable for the whole duration of Form of Troll.
    • Bump for more pie.
    Feurix 220/22 Enforcer :: Naphalus 131/16 Engineer :: Geruka xxx/xx Soldier

General of Asgard.

[Team] Galdethi: "Feurix is tanking? ok sure *runs to save* yeah ill brt!"

Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    Didn't you say realistic ? Because this is clearly not. In fact, it would make no sense that you hit someone with (even 1) point of damage and not get flagged
    Actually, it's just one aspect of flagging that's still broken... AoE effects should not get you flagged unless they directly target a flagged individual... and of course, AoE effects should have no effect on a flagged individual unless they are the direct target or the caster is also flagged. Sorting that would remove most remaining griefable loopholes in the mechanism. Strikes me as a perfectly reasonable and realistic wish.

As to the damage shield thing, that could be sorted by requiring a minimum of 2 damage to set off any damage/reflect shield.

As to my own wishes... not much, Enfo's seem pretty well rounded for the most part... but I do like the idea of enforcer only "unconventional" weapons. Maybe with a small attached high probability taunt proc.

And in the "not really serious totally silly" department, how about a giant teddy bear that does 1-1(1) damage but taunts for 1500-2500... (omgz! he's hitting me with a giant teddy bear!!) :P
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I was doing some thinking and had an idea to consolidate damage, challenger, rage etc into a single new nanoline that functions in a similiar fashion to the taunt procs/glory. (bear with me)

Basically when running a nano from this line you gain a short self-buff every time you hit an enemy. As you hit the enemy more the buff gets stronger, but the chance for the buff to go up to the next level decreases. This self buff would add AAO, AAD, +dmg, and other nice stuff, with higher level variants adding more buffs and making the buff portions larger.

So e.g. the top nano in the line, lets call it anger

On the first hit you get +10 AAO, +5 AAD, +5dmg, +1crit, +100taunt and +10NR with 100% chance to execute on a hit.
    Then while that runs you have a 90% chance that a subsequent hit will overwrite it with a higher level version of the buff, so phase two would add +18 AAO, +12 AAD, +10dmg, +1crit, +200 taunt, +20NR, +15Runspeed.
    Then 80% chance to go to the next, better buff. This could work it's way up five, or six levels to give an ultimate buff of +30 AAO, +30 AAD, +45dmg, +2 crit, +600 taunt, +2crit decrease, +105NR, +60Runspeed, +10 damage shield, +1 reflect, +50inits. With a chance to go to the ultimate level of the nano of around 50-60%

Each sucessive buff would overwrite the lower buff, and unlike glory (which lasts 1:40) this buff would only have a duration of maybe 15-20 seconds. Lower level variants would buff fewer things, buff them less and would have lower chances to proc to the higher level version of the buff. Mostly just buffing dmg and then gradually adding in stuff like Runspeed, NR, crit, AAO/AAD etc. The core nano (the one you execute in your NCU) would start off being short (around 30-40mins) and would end up lasting a couple of hours.

The idea behind this is that, when fighting a big mob, or a rapid series of mobs, you would build up and maintain this nano in your NCU, however when you stop fighting you cool down and loose the buffs.

Anyhow, I think this idea could be kinda interesting, and fits the enforcer profile fairly well. You could even get little system messages as higher procs are set off like "your anger is building!" or "you're getting angreh!".

PS. Another small idea I had would be an apf-like upgrade for the assault class tank armour, giving it a 5-6K on-use absorb, and maybe even making it's stats good enough to wear. But mostly just upping the absorb would be cool.

Enjoying RK4

I still stand firm in my request of being able to use you as a lawn dart in pvp
    Tykahndriuss 220/27 Enforcer Crap Equip
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Former Tank Monkey of CCI, DF, HUGE inc., Adrastus II - RK2

One more idea! Composite enforcer selfbuff! It would have essential nanos like essence, damage shield, init buff, (weapon skill) and (layers) in same nano. For example, make at least the new and improved damage shields and layer auras one line of two in one -nanos, requiring maybe 50-70% ncu of what the two buffs would demand seperately.

This is because currently we have around 250-300 ncu of basic nanos (taunt proc line 40+, essence 40+, weapon buff 40+, damageshield 40+, layers 40+, prode strength 40+) that we cast on ourselves before going to fight and 46-92 ncu of short duration combat nanos and also then doc hp for 40-50 points, fixer hots, engi ac buffs, ma buffs, adventurer maps and morphs etc. all which can easily exceed way(by like 100-200 ncu points) over 400-600 ncu which probably is max most enfs get before filling up on ql 300 alien ncus and pande mems.

Ncu running out for us enfs is a problem because we need lots of outside buffs to help us generate the aggro so the dds don't end up tanking (crit and init buffs for example) and also lots of obs to make the job of the doc easier (evade, hp and ac buffs) so that we can compete with the more damage dealing, better evades having classes that do have enough hp to survive so well that the massive hp of an enf isn't big enough advantage.

Because we run out of ncu, we are forced to choose between great for us buffs like pandemonium map (+5% xp) and baton (usually +9% xp) and great for the team buffs like taunt proc, essence, damage shield and mongo. Other members aren't forced to dump those nanos that benefit themselves but if enfs want have aggro and no whine from docs, we need to prioritize our nanos heavily and cut those buffs that don't help the team.
    Last edited by Pakottaja; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 22:15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKyai
    Backstab wouldn't be much use to us as you have to be behind the target and it has to be aggroing someone else. I'd prefer a new special brawl based attack, which I think would be more in line.
    Yea, not all of us are a pure pvm setup either though, and in many instances there is more than one enforcer on a raid. So I don't see why it really isn't that viable of a choice.

No dispute there I just think that, given that backstab isn't used in PvP, and it's PvM uses are limited I would rather have a similiar attack to backstab, which is based off brawl rather than sneak. This also fits with the majority of our weapons having brawl as a special, whilst only 1he and Piercing have sneak (in general).

Lawn dart ftw also (I'm going to need a pointy helm though)

Enjoying RK4

Give us Taunt DoTs

30 secs duration, 1 dmg per second but 500 hate per tick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKyai
    Lawn dart ftw also (I'm going to need a pointy helm though)

Equip your moo helm! Anyways I do like the possibility of another special like backstab but based off brawl. While I do use sneak attack in pvp, I don't have that luxury of using backstab even if enfs had it cause there are 2, 2he sneak attack swords in the entire game and guess what, they both suck.
    Tykahndriuss 220/27 Enforcer Crap Equip
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Former Tank Monkey of CCI, DF, HUGE inc., Adrastus II - RK2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast