Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wish List brainstorming

Wish List brainstorming

ok let's make a new enforcer wishlist. try to keep it realistic and reasonable, but don't be shy or worry too much about being outrageous. try to avoid any specific deadlines like "we'd like X in LE" -- pretend there is an enforcer love patch due within the next year and you're thinking of what could be included. small wishes are also fine.

in a few weeks (or when the thread loses steam) we can make a poll to prioritize the list items for the new enforcer wishlist sticky.

i'll start with:
    change taunt procs so they don't trigger dmg/reflect damage when they fire, and
    change mongo so we don't get pvp flagged when we mongo near a flagged person, and
    some infantry brain between ql180 and ql280 please.
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Was about to mention infantry brains, but I don't need to it seems.
    Now, I don't expect this and I've put it on a previous wishlist before. Would sorta break a tradition if I didn't put it on this wishlist as well.

More "untraditional" weapons, especially 2HB ones. New type of support beam would be nice, but I could also settle for a fridge, bench, left/right leg of a mech or a simple tree. It is vital that they don't have any "atrox only" tags tho, as it would trigger fifteen thousand threads about atrox getting all the cool toys.

For 2HE, chainsaws would be aceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Akarah
    change mongo so we don't get pvp flagged when we mongo near a flagged person,
    Didn't you say realistic ? Because this is clearly not. In fact, it would make no sense that you hit someone with (even 1) point of damage and not get flagged

Anyway, almost every prof - especially healers - has their *main* nanolines continued with SL, enforcers didn't. Instead we have useless dmg type change nanos, kinda useful taunt nanos, and rarely useful essences. Let alone the fact that the (semi)usefulness of *all* of what we got with SL is strictly limited with PVM.
    In other words, we got squat for new nanons pvp-wise.

So, since you mentioned "love-patch-in-a-year" kinda thing, let's put at least this in: a new nano in an *existing* nanoline. I see here three options - new mongo, new damage shield or new layers. In that order of importance.

I don't consider this not realistic for many reasons. Why does a soldier have new AMS when I fight him, and I use my old layers and old mongo. Why does a doc/ma/adv heal for 2-10 times more with new heals when I fight them, while I use my old nanos. Why does an engineer have new pets, new buffs, while I have old ones. Why does NT/trader get new roots while I have my old nanos. Over and over again. You can continue the list for awhile.
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

• Triple the power of the single taunts.
      Make the early 1HB DD perks scale to something higher than 200 bloody points.
      The MoM perk line should add considerably more to psychology.
      1HB alien weapons should have been type-76 either add it or switch it.
      Give us a firm statement about the relationship between damage and taunts and psychology.
      Sort out the Chosen shoulder pads for Solitus (and or anyone else it affects)
      Give us a Multi-Melee buff.
      Remove snares from SL Essences
      Add +27 str / sta to SL Essences
      Remove the level reqs for SL Essences.
      Troll form should work much more like TMS than the largley useless +6000 ACs
      Stop the Mutate line interfering with agression enhancers and Scorpios aim.
      More Pie
      And some Dohnuts
      Bigger Mongo
      Give us roots or snares (I still like the idea of the "you aint going anywhere bitch" line of nanos )
      Sort out the LoS problems in Sl and on AI ships
      Combine the Element Line with the Rage line and make em last longer.
      Hard code the Me First rule... no ones can fire any specials until the enforcer does.

Well you did say wish list right? ^^

Edit:

The crashtastic nano line I don't know what its should do but I like the name!
    Something else too but I forgot
    Oh yeah! being able to pick up a Nanomage team mate and use them as an absorb shield...
    Last edited by Kissysuzuki; Feb 17th, 2006 at 19:39:12.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Been thinking about this a bit recently.. Things I'd like

Nanos:
    - A new mongo, taunting somewhere around 13-15K seems in order. Additionally I also like the way certain nanos increase in effectiveness as more perks are invested into a perkline (e.g. The Trader Umbral Wrangles) and would love it if investment in one of our general perklines, such as mutate, would scale up the mongo in some way. This could either have the mongo starting with a small base and reaching 13-15K with 10 perk points, or could have a single target proc taunt which increases ith %age to occur and size of single taunt delivered with more perk points. I believe this would help resolve some of the issues with tanking in the bad levels (broadly speaking 160-210).

- An improved challenger and rage would be cool. As people have said, we got none of our distinctive lines extended with SL. Just increasing the effect would be sufficient.

- A team layers aura would be very nice, similiar in function to the soldier/keeper/engineer team auras. These would give ideally give a sizeable layer to the enforcer, perhaps with a small bonus dmg shield, and a smaller layer to team members (in the same way that Leader of the pack gives a boost to all, but a biggr boost to the adv). So a top team layers aura would give all teammembers a 580point layer refreshing every 15-20 seconds, and would give the enforcer a 810point layer and 5point damage shield, with the same refresh. Lower level versions would give smaller layers and would have longer refresh times. This would be helpful on raids and in pvp I believe.

- A better fear nano, with a higher psychic check please, somewhere around 500-510 psy would be nice, with about -90 AAD as an added effect. Additionally AoE fear nanos

- A multimelee buff of some kind would be generous. As it stands of all the classes who are generally expected to dual wield melee weapons we get virtually no multi-melee supprt. Advs get items (Blue and Aluminium bracers come to mind) as well as buffs, and shades get big buffs too. Currently the difficulty with multi melee sets people behind single wielders for a portion of the game.

- Decreasing the snare on the SL essences a little would be nice, as we have dark blue Run Speed and they effectivley force us to have a fixer in team and to be wolfed whilst in SL.

- The element line doesn't have any Energy or Melee variants.

Weapons and Specials:

- More variety would be nice, and I'm not saying I don't think we should get a new beam, but a mass proliferation of Atrox only weapons would be a shame in my view, as not all of us are atrox. Still to maintain a balance if we do get new nanos (which may not be so easy to use for an atrox) then atrox should get weapons which Solitus/Opifex/Nanomage have more difficulty equipping.

- Melee Energy is the most neglected weapon class in my view, but with great potential. It is the only class without any dedicated perkline (shades get the piercing perks ) and I hear that there is no plans to introdcue new perks in LE, but perhaps some way to make melee energy a more viable alternative. As it stands there are really only 3 or 4 melee energy weapons at endgame, the Kyr Energy Hammers (nice damage, nice evades check but type 76 lacks dimach) Energy Sword (same as the hammers really), Sword of Dusk/Dawn (really little more than a buffing item as it lacks any specials, and even the -cost cant compensate for that, but looks really cool) and The Argument (another cool weapon which lacks effective specials). Considering that for quite a large portion of the game weapon perks and perklines are somewhat irrelevant, some more variety with melee energy, and some more support for it at high levels would be cool.

- Advs and Shades get backstab as a new attack based on sneak attack. Could we get a new special based on brawl possibly? This might logically be shared with MAs and would have an increased chance to stun, but lower damage, and would require us to be in combat to use.

Perks:

- Change the last perk in the 1hb perkline please as it is effectively useless and recharges faster than the perk on which it depends. Additionally it cannot be used on the majority of mobs which would require the most effort to tank, as large mobs/bosses are generally unstunnable, immediately ruling out the stun from Bring the Pain, and hence no chance of landing Devastating Blow . Making bring the pain on a 50s recharge and Devastating Blow on a 1:30-2min recharge with a "Target must be Running effected by bring the pain" requirement would be an improvement.

- The 1he perkline gets fast attack, could we get a brawling buff for the blunt perklines maybe? 1hb and 2hb.

- Fix Cause of anger so it doesn't scale with Mat.Crea please.

Can't think of anything else atm
    Last edited by TheKyai; Feb 18th, 2006 at 03:21:33. Reason: changed order of suggestions, added some

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

And another thing!!!

Team BEHE
    BEHE / CS composite
    1, 2, 4, 8 hour BEHEs
    A *whoever* got attacked warning.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Quote Originally Posted by skybert
    More "untraditional" weapons, especially 2HB ones. New type of support beam would be nice, but I could also settle for a fridge, bench, left/right leg of a mech or a simple tree. It is vital that they don't have any "atrox only" tags tho, as it would trigger fifteen thousand threads about atrox getting all the cool toys.

For 2HE, chainsaws would be aceptable.
    Yay for new weapons.

Been around for quite a while with a long break (btw. good to see most of the ppl still around) and have been 2HB/2HE/Dual 1HB/Dual Piercing/Dual 1HE and now back to 2HE.

Im a big fan of the Warhammer 40k Universe, the idea of a Chainsword is most appealing to me.

Or a Female Solitus only Shoppingbag of Doom or sumthing.

Other than that I have no clue since I don't know where we stand right now.

Cheers
    Bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Make a new mongo, not anything like 13-15k but 30k or more. also the taunt to nano ratio should be at least twice as good as with current mongos (so that if yo uare required to chainmongo, you don't at least have to worry about nano).

Also, enforcer's damage is little low (uberest enf going all out on damage catches the uberest adv/shade/soldier/ma only when the uberest other prof is slacking seriously, or when it's a mediocre dd guy going all out), so change the taunt proc lines to do real damage instead of just taunt. It would make the proc line so much more used and would add a surprise or two to pvp.

Also, enfs should get new more uber melee iniative buff(s) (200+ to melee init at low shadowlevels maybe). Our evades aren't that great, so to make the doc happier, we must be full def, but our weapons require 1600+ inits to be 1/1 on full def. So we have to choose either between upsetting the doc by getting critted "a lot" or lose damage and thus gather less aggro.

oh my... gimmie new toys!

or... never mind... buuut the following things would be nice:

- Remove the cooldown part of Element of... nanos. This would actually make them really useful as to what most people think of them as they are now.

- Increase duration of SL essence and add appropriate str/sta modifications to them. For example +32 for the first one, +45 for the second, +65 for the third and +80 for the last one as this would be inline with the stat buffs of other professions and would give us an edge over keepers in str/sta self buffs.

- Add a new rage just a little better than Infernal Rage but with the ability to break all roots and with around 1400 in nano skill requirements.

- Add a new mongo with around 1000 in nano skill requirements giving 3k hp, with a 300 point hot and a 15000 point taunt value. This should probably be enough to help keep aggro at the early shadow levels.

- Add a ql 220 to 240 or so infantry brain.

- Add upgrades to certain nice old weapons making them comparable to or even slightly better in some cases than ql 300 upgraded ai weapons. I'm primarily thinking of the edge of tarasque, support beam, enhanced mantis scissors, enhanced queen blade, blood bat, blood mace, punishment rod, slayer crystal claw, heavy headed hardwood staff and dragon tooth poker. This would would give even more weapon choises.

- Increase taunt values of single taunts with around 50%.

- Fix the silly thing making 1he perk specials unusable by enforcers. Either remove the acrobat requirements completely or add an "or Form of the Troll running" requirement to it.

- Add an enforcer only piercing perk line (i.e. not the same as the shade one).

- Add a melee energy perk line usable by enforcers and maybe to an extent by MP's and adventurers (I think they have a cheaper melee energy skill than enforcers if I remember correctly).

- Add a brawling buff.

- Add a heal delta buff.

- Add an effective healing type buff to make heals cast on enforcers heal more than when cast on other professions.

- Add an improved challenger for high level enforcers adding around 400 in attack rating and +130 or so in addDamage.

- Open up the backstab special to all professions but set the cap for gaining it at around 1100 or even higher in sneak attack.
    Asynja, General of Ragnarok, the original level 200 and level 220 nanomage enforcer | Equip

Oh and.....FOR THE SAKE OF ALL GODS, PLEASE, do something that at least partially unnerfs EQB!

Very slight unnerf. Like remove init caps. And/or increase AR cap to 2k at least.

That would be gawd damn ridiculously outrageously wonderful. Like, best thing I would dream of ingame. Really.
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Smile

The short and gritty.

`Sl line for Challenger- Kill the 15sec recharge
    `Sl line for Mongo- Come on.. Everyones dmg gets boosted and our taunts dont?
    `Mult melee- Give us a buff!
    `Sl Essence- Kill the rs debuff and add str/sta, keep the duration.
    `Sl Layers- Aura layers w/refresh(someone said this already)
    `Better Rage

Think that covers it all.
    Iotto Equip ~219/16 Trox Shade~
    Fibbit Equip ~216/13 Trox Adv~
    The world is moving so fast these days that the person who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.

New BEAM!!!

EOT with higher min dmg, lower attack speed, and dimach.

Fix the bug with ragebringer.

Shorter cast time or longer durrations of SL essances.

Brain symbiant around 220-240

Take Unique tag off of Smugglers armor (nothing more frustrating then roaming around in SL, finding a higher ql piece of smugglers and not being able to loot it because you have a piece already in the bank...)

A new mongo with a higher taunt value. I don't even really care about the HP add or the hot on it. I'd just like a higher taunt value.

Allow me at raids to pick Kyai up and fling her like a projectile like at Beast or tara or something.

I'm sure I'll think of more.
    Last edited by Tykahndriuss; Feb 17th, 2006 at 22:51:36.
    Tykahndriuss 220/27 Enforcer Crap Equip
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Former Tank Monkey of CCI, DF, HUGE inc., Adrastus II - RK2

- Taunt special attack, working like AS/SA/BS aka higher taunt multipliers the more skill you have, scaling on brawl or psychology and capped at 13 or 15k taunt every 20 seconds.
    Ofcourse should be usable without being concealed or behind the mob or something stupid like that.
    - Extended layer line
    - Challenger with 1s recharge and 15s NSD to all nanoskills except PM
    - Access to control symbiants since we're a crowd control profession more than anything else in PVM.
    - Mobs that do more damage than the current ones, make HP matter more, docs has the heals to cover atleast a 100% damage increase.
    Last edited by Djurmamman; Feb 17th, 2006 at 23:55:32.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I think im too stupid to make as long and detailed list as some girls do here.So Ill just say I want to hold aggro as easy and natural as shades do theyr job (damage).And as i hope 1 day i start killing more bosses than normal mobs I want 1hb perks work on em.Devastating blow needs "Stunned" running on the target and it never lands on a boss.So unless your life is eternal farming of sk...

In other words stronger taunts,less hate in perk specials,SL/AI screen or absorb.and if possible all of what other ppl already wished above hehe.
    shuuushhh

Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    Oh and.....FOR THE SAKE OF ALL GODS, PLEASE, do something that at least partially unnerfs EQB!

Very slight unnerf. Like remove init caps. And/or increase AR cap to 2k at least.

That would be gawd damn ridiculously outrageously wonderful. Like, best thing I would dream of ingame. Really.
    an apf item that is used to "upgrade" the eqb (with a level 210 req and higher mbs and maybe some dmgtype other than chem) wouldn't be unprecedented, i'd say.. good idea.

reading through all these, i realize now it is going to be a bit of work to get all these (quite excellent) suggestions aggregated into a poll, but hopefully it will be worth it

great responses so far. we'll give this thread a couple weeks so we can be sure everyones brains have been sufficiently wrung out for ideas, make a poll, then we can all vote for the wishlist items we like, and then we will have our wishlist sticky based on that (high, medium, low priorities, based on the number (percentage) of votes for each item.)
    and a few more...

Boost sl single taunts enough that they become the no1 choice when fighting single mobs. Mongo works fine as it is for multiple mobs, so I'd rather they boost single taunts than mongo.

Better options for 1he/piercing/melee energy. Better weapons, better perks, or both.
    Tzushia - Rimor Kingpin - equip 1.4k+ B&E available
    Don Iuan - Godfather - equip

Hzeng - Master 5th Dan - equip

General of Peace $ Love, Inc. - Want to join?

Tbh i'm dissapointed in you guys, why wish for a mongo that you need to still spam(12-15k mongos) when you could wish for a mongo that you need to use only once(30+k mongos)? There would be nothing overpowered about it and no-one would whine about it (except people with a buttonsmashing fetish).

Enf pride ftw!

or even better, a cyclic mongo that just keeps spamming itself

a taunt aura?
    and a few more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pakottaja
    Tbh i'm dissapointed in you guys, why wish for a mongo that you need to still spam(12-15k mongos) when you could wish for a mongo that you need to use only once(30+k mongos)? There would be nothing overpowered about it and no-one would whine about it (except people with a buttonsmashing fetish).

Enf pride ftw!

It's a matter of thinking of a suggestion that funcom might reasonably use. Granted, I'm sure everyone here would LOVE a 30k mongo. But that's like snow in july in floridia. It just ain't gonna happen.
    Tykahndriuss 220/27 Enforcer Crap Equip
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Former Tank Monkey of CCI, DF, HUGE inc., Adrastus II - RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Pakottaja

Enf pride ftw!
    You're thinking backwards, a 30K taunt would give us no pride as it would take 0 skill to hold aggro. As it stands a little boost would help and the pride is in holding aggro despite having inferior tools to do it, and being recognised as a "good enforcer"

@ Akarah, I'd rather have more directed taunts than over-the-top aoes, as the only real need I find for the AoE constituent of the Mongo is to keep aggro off Dotting/Healing Docs, the aggro difficulty comes more with the single combat target, so some means to maintain the area taunt whilst directing more hate towards the fighting target would be best in my oppinion. I would consider that a cyclic mongo/aura would have a very limited use as you have no control over it, thus any sort of mezz situation would be immediately ruined and I think in general it would only be favoured by "lazy" enforcers.
    Last edited by TheKyai; Feb 18th, 2006 at 17:57:48.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast