Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What can 205 nanomage engi do?

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin
    Are there neuts?
    Well thats what they call themselves
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Danger
    u must spend a huge amout on ur time playing this game either calculating crap for twinking or waiting for perk resets muha.
    I spend some time with Skill Emulator, usually when server is down or I don't have net access. I don't spend much time with it, unless it is a real challange, in which case it is like solving a puzzle, and the effort is worth it.
    As for "waiting for perk resets" I don't. I keep playing like usual, except I don't level. After the twinking is over I call on a friendly crat and level on the pool. I enjoy this way of playing more, it is definitly not for all. This time I went from AI22 to AI23.5 and gained 500k SK pool on the time I "waited". And I didn't play much since I was RL busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger
    ur setup is cool, for each attribute and stuff.... but wouldnt it just be easier to lvl once or twice then spend 2weeks resetting for dna10?
    If you want easy, I'm not sure you chose the right game. I look for challanges, sometimes under some strange rocks. For me it's the only way to stay interested in this game.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin
    Are there neuts?
    I thought all atrox are neuts
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Neuters, not neuts.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

I think twinking is generally if you don't level at all, but it's still a challenge nonetheless. And the same could be argued about soloing to an extent (my own idea of a challenge). Why do it at level x when you can just level a bit and do it level x + y.

P.S. I would draw the line at perk resets, though.
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

I would like to say that I'm a decently equiped DD 202 NM Engie... In my time leveling off ado hecks I often came in first on the DD report. Only when there was a 210ish toon in the group was I second. I auctualy feel like I'm not doing my job when I'm OD'd on pen hard missions (even though I'm the lowest toon in the group)
    The way I see it, my job in any group is to do damage. SOooo I'm going to do alot of it.

I saw 190 engie at ado hecks with no dog, and a shotty/ AI pistol combo. I asked for a link of the shotty and was supprised that the min damage was "1"

This kind of engie pisses me off. They are capable of so much damage, yet... they refuse what little effort it takes to be good at it.

I'm not a even a twinked engie at this point... only T1... I'm sure my pistols can be higher... and I need spec 4 book 3 for my new bots (can't seem to find a place to solo for it, well... a place that doesn't take a server reset for a respawn. and pen missions arn't dropping the book at all)

I can however, cast anything I have with out any buffs. and when I hit 203(with spec 4 compleate) I will have the skill to self cast the my new dog with no buffs.

Armor and stuff = http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=30080

Quote Originally Posted by Garada
    I would like to say that I'm a decently equiped DD 202 NM Engie... In my time leveling off ado hecks I often came in first on the DD report. Only when there was a 210ish toon in the group was I second. I auctualy feel like I'm not doing my job when I'm OD'd on pen hard missions (even though I'm the lowest toon in the group)
    The way I see it, my job in any group is to do damage. SOooo I'm going to do alot of it.

I saw 190 engie at ado hecks with no dog, and a shotty/ AI pistol combo. I asked for a link of the shotty and was supprised that the min damage was "1"

This kind of engie pisses me off. They are capable of so much damage, yet... they refuse what little effort it takes to be good at it.

I'm not a even a twinked engie at this point... only T1... I'm sure my pistols can be higher... and I need spec 4 book 3 for my new bots (can't seem to find a place to solo for it, well... a place that doesn't take a server reset for a respawn. and pen missions arn't dropping the book at all)

I can however, cast anything I have with out any buffs. and when I hit 203(with spec 4 compleate) I will have the skill to self cast the my new dog with no buffs.

Armor and stuff = http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=30080
    Ummm.. While I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I suggest you allow everyone to be entitled to play the game their way.

I am by no means a DD engineer. I prefer tradeskills, even though I am only lvl 141.

However, I am saddened to think that our own classmates discriminate against each other because we play the game differently or for different reasons.

Although, to allow for a better understanding of my own part, please explain why I should be forced to have uber weapons that use up valuable points in areas I am not interested in advancing...
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Zzart
    Although, to allow for a better understanding of my own part, please explain why I should be forced to have uber weapons that use up valuable points in areas I am not interested in advancing...
    Because you can't level off of tradeskills, and people don't recruit you to a team to tradeskill the mobs to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera
    Because you can't level off of tradeskills, and people don't recruit you to a team to tradeskill the mobs to death.
    Pardon me for asking a stupid question, but..

To get from 200 to 201+ you *MUST* be grouped? Can you not solo those levels in missions or something?

I am only 141, so I am asking honestly.

Understanding the approach of an incoming flame..

The DPS from a Bot is constant (all thing considered). The DPS of the Engineer is not a constant. (varies from engineer to engineer)

From my limited understanding, when people invite an engineer, they invite them because of the bot, not because of the engineers' personal DPS.
    Last edited by Zzart; Feb 21st, 2006 at 21:48:39.
    Zzart 207 NM Eng

my engi is uber dd!11oneoneeleventyone

really though, I ran DD the other day in ely with a random pickup team just for fun and i was doing more then twice the dmg of the #2 dd in the team. (that being said, they were all 20 or 30 levels higher then me)

hoping to continue this trend as i level up. and frankly, i fully expect to. i'm not interested at all in tradeskilling, and with the extra ip and perks, i should be quite competitive both in pvm damage and pvp.
    Last edited by Avon; Feb 21st, 2006 at 22:30:45.

To get from 200 to 201+ you *MUST* be grouped? Can you not solo those levels in missions or something?

The DPS from a Bot is constant (all thing considered). The DPS of the Engineer is not a constant. (varies from engineer to engineer)

From my limited understanding, when people invite an engineer, they invite them because of the bot, not because of the engineers' personal DPS.
    They invite the engineer because of his/her/its overall dps (bot+dog+engie). The more the better. That's what an engineer brings to the team, damage. And no, it's not an excuse if others say they only want you for reflects, etc. Now, it's not necesarry to twink the highst ql typed kyr pistols or get a CDR from the Notum Soldier (or whoever drops it now outside Biomare), but at least use a kyr grenade gun or some dual flux pistols/flux + solar powered. They are cheap and they are far better than nothing.
    P.S. Yes you can solo for xp, but it's three times faster teamed. You get half the xp per mob personally, but kill six times as fast. If you decide to solo... you can do whatever the hell you want. In teams, however, do your part even if others don't expect you to or don't do theirs.
    equip

I said so in numerous occasions and I'll say it again - I totally agree with Garada (thought I'm a bit drunk now so I didn't read all of it). There are some engis there who make me both angry and sad.
    No Zzart, this is NOT a matter of playstyle. This is a matter of doing your share of the job in a team. An engi is in the team for the damage. If he is not doing damage he is exactly the same as a doc not healing, an enfo not mongoing, or any other DD prof (MA, shade) not doing damage.
    Also Zzart, the bot DPS is TOTALLY not the same for two engis at higher level. I still remember the engi I tripple damaged, where my bot itself did more than his bot+dog+weapon. There are buffs, trimmers, and simple correct use of bot. Just sending the bot at the right time gets you 10% more in my estimate. And at high levels the bots are less than half the damage you do.
    I am not saying all engis should go commando armor like I do, and 10 perks in shotgun mastery. But a pistol with min damage of 1 in SL just shows a person is a heckler n00b, and brings bad name to all engis. He should be despised.

(again, I'm drunk so this might not make sense at all in the morning. At least I got an excuse)

makes perfect sense
    equip

Now finally lvling an alt and doing hecks on something besides my Engie I'll gladly invite an engie to team with me anytime. Since I am mostly FP Doc on my agent I find having an engie with Rflects and blinds make life 100% easier. The reflect alone saves lives then u add the blind and gd it's liek a cake walk.
    Originally Posted by Katth
    Infusion is an idiot, nuff said.

Originally Posted by SPOTY_DNW
    I have a dream....
    A dream of a patch which include no new content, but 75% of our very,very old bugs are fixed.

Expert - Evilshot BS junkie
    Apprentice - Infusion99 Converted Tradeskiller
    Rookie - Solshot TL5 Twink
    Rookie - Infus TL3 Twink in progress

If you think you'll get to 220 without teaming you're insane. If you think you'll get to 205 without teaming, you're insane. If you think you'll get to 200 before 2007 without teaming, you're either insane or a masochist.

Yes, teaming is REQUIRED to attain high levels and if you don't start teaming now you're gonna be screwed cuz if you waltz into your first real team at level 200 you're not going to get invited to anohter for a very long time because you'll have no clue how to work with other professions. Soloing and teaming as an engi are extremely different and if you have no clue how to do it you're going to be completely screwed.

Think of it this way Z; I'm looking to fill the last two spots on my team. I have my choice of several different people on LFT or saying that they are looking for team in garden or OOC. I can pick whoever I want so I'm going to pick the person that will increase my XP/SK gain as much as possible. This means DD.

Now, I have my choice between two 195 engi's to fill that last slot. One of these engis has decent pistols or grenade guns, SoToS, Omni-Pol, snares, blinds and assorted +dmg items. The other uses XP pistols and does not proactively buff his bots. Which one do you think I'm going to pick?

Now, I made a mistake and picked the lower DD engi because I didn't know he was like that when I invited him to team and I see on a DD report that he is doing less damage than the doc. Do you think I'm going to invite him to my team again?

One last thing to note. You suggested before you wrote it that you might be asking a stupid question. Since you prefaced it that way, you already knew the answer. Why intentionally flame bait?
    Last edited by Rusty; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 03:29:00.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Well Muha and Rusty answered it well enough..

Not to mention being in ado with NO dog is just plain lazy. I realize folks don't have alot of cash just starting out but that is why it is important to spend time away from levelling to develop your character. Hell, solo missions and either make jewelry out of the rings/gems ingots or ask a tradeskiller to do it for you. Your friendly trader can sell that for some decent cash.

Some people think the only way they can get anywhere is in SL and the only place you'll go there is broke (although you may level quite a bit doing it.)
    Spleenman Phear the Spleen!

Proud member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Jorji
    im not going to go as far as stabbing my eyes out.. im gonna remove them with a spoon, place in a jar and when such horrors never again grace a thread ill have them reattached..

The post was not flame bait.

As I said, I am only level 141. (maybe only 140 - I don't pay attention to that)

From what I recall see'ing around, you can have a level 200 with XX shadow levels. THAT is why I asked the question. I am unaware if you can get shadow levels in RK or only in SL or certain parts of it. (assuming 10 shadow levels = level 210 toon)

If you can gain ANY xp outside of a group post level 200, then I submit to you that grouping is NOT required - masochistic or not. (yes, I know it is faster if teamed - it is supposed to be)

I prefaced the statement as a "stupid question" because most of the uptight regulars treat most people like they should already know everything there is to know about the game, and lash out as such. Thankfully, this has not happened here, yet.

While I totally agree that grouping and solo game play are extremely different, I do disagree that playstyle isn't a factor. Again, I am only lvl 141 and have not been in any groups in the tougher areas. I cannot comment on anything adonis, because I have never been there and really don't hear "stories" about it (except hecklers of course).

Muha, the same bot damage I referenced was from identical situations. No buffs, no trimmers. They are identical up until you start buffing and trimming them. Until such time, they are a constant. My error for not being more clear.

I also agree that every engineer has a means of earning money. I also solo missions, but not for the loot. For me, solo'ing missions are fun. It is safe to say that I have spent more time in missions than anywhere else in the game.

Now, I would also comment on the entire DD vs Tradeskill theories. As I understand it, if you do tradeskills, chances are you cannot do as much damage as a person who is more dps than tradeskills. (lets keep this to normally obtained equipment) While on the flip side, those who are DD oriented cannot do as much trade skill stuff.

That said, if everyone was damage oriented, who would do all the top end tradeskill stuff? Better yet, who COULD do them all? Surely not the people that don't rank well on your damage report. Surely not the people you refuse to group with because your focused on gaining that xp.
    Last edited by Zzart; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 14:45:02.
    Zzart 207 NM Eng

Having tradeskills does not by any means prevent you from being DD. It might stop you from having evades very high or from having two weapon skills, but it will not in any way shape or form stop you from being DD if you actually try.

Search out some posts made by Namel in this forum if you want to see what you need to do to be a decent DD.

And for the record, again, no one said you need to be the uberest DD in the game, simply that you need to strap on a pair of pistols and shoot them to the best of your ability. At your level, it's not by any means asking too much to expect you to have a 150ish Flux pistol or a 120ish Kyr for your good hand. That wouldn't take much effort at all unless you consider asking for buffs to be grouping and since you think you can get everything in this game by yourself...

In response to your suggestion that teaming is not required to get past 200...

SK is only available in SL. Think about it for a minute and you'll get it. Shadowknowledge and Shadowlands... Now, you are obvisously focused on leveling since you are 141 now and have been doing nothing but missions. If you seriously solo a shadowlevel you are stupid. You don't understand what happens to the leveling curve as you continue to rise. Think of it this way, you're not even close to halfway to 200 yet and going from 200-201 is like doing levels 1-185. Additionally, you need faction to gain SK. You can't gain a reasonable amount of faction solo. It's impossible. If you attempt to solo faction and SK you will earn about 20K (of 50K) faction and gain about 40% of total possible SK from mobs you kill. That'll make doing 200-201 like doing 1-200 twice. Face it, you can't solo the shadowlevels. You MUST group. This is a MMorpg after all. They didn't throw the MM in for nothing...

You already knew the answer but take your ridiculous pigheadedness to not assume anything to the utterly stupid extreme. Stop being so damned ignorant on purpose. Just because someone hasn't told you yet doesn't mean you can't use your own brains and figure something out!

Who could do all the high end tradeskills if everyone went for DD? Do you actually read these threads and use the search button like you claim or simply post the most inane questions you can think of so that you can piss people off? If you had read ANY thread that's ever been written in this forum about DD (and there have been a large number of them) you would know that you don't have to sacrifice DD for tradeskills at all.

I can do all the top end tradeskills and be extreme DD. So can any other high level engi that tries. What I can't do is evade anything.
    Last edited by Rusty; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 15:53:42.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Hahaha Rusty

You should get a job at Hallmark E-Cards

Anyways, I agree with everything you said. Being focused on tradeskills will hinder you in pvp but not in pvm, you can be both excellent DD + tradeskiller, expecially at those low levels when you can only raise +5 per level and IP usage isn't as intense

Gimp engineers give a bad name to all engineers and WILL be frowned upon by the rest of us.

Any engineer can be a good DD with a bit of effort, read the guide in my sig for further details
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast